PDA

View Full Version : 10/10 to big Tokely

Toaods
23-01-2010, 10:39 AM
A story of great club commitment and dedication to the cause. Considering some of the scoundrels that knock around the football leagues these days. Well done Sir...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/inverness_ct/8474486.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/inverness_ct/8474486.stm)

:applause:

hibees_forever
23-01-2010, 11:08 AM
aye but he's still absolutetly gash.....

phoenixfire
23-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Yes but loyal and dedicated gash:agree:

Toaods
23-01-2010, 11:36 AM
gash - aye but not a bad record v us though...:wink:.

The punters love him for what he gives for the jersey, nothing less than 100% - not many at Hibs or any other club can make that claim.

MrSmith
23-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Well done to him but it is symptomatic of Highland bred players. The lifestyle is more important than the money. By lifestyle I mean, quality of life: surroundings, people, bringing up children,safety etc.

Still got to give him credit for his loyalty.

hibiedude
23-01-2010, 11:43 AM
He was never gash, good player every time I watched him

Name another loyal player like him ?

johnrebus
23-01-2010, 11:43 AM

Speaks volumes about our record against ICT then doesn't it?

:boo hoo:

sleeping giant
23-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Did any other clubs try to sign him :dunno:

Its easy being loyal when you have no other options !

Toaods
23-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Did any other clubs try to sign him :dunno:

Its easy being loyal when you have no other options !

must be a captaincy thing....:wink:

givescotlandfreedom
23-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I don't see it, Tokely's a thug on the park and allegedly an even worse kind of thug off it.

davemcbain
23-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Kudos to him

maturehibby
23-01-2010, 08:07 PM
I don't see it, Tokely's a thug on the park and allegedly an even worse kind of thug off it.

Agreed

jdships
23-01-2010, 09:23 PM

Allegedly !
As far as I am aware he doesn't have a criminal record re being a "thug"
You ever met and spoken with Toakley ?
I have and he didn't come across as a "thug " any time I have met him - on the park yes he could be a "hard nut" but then he was doing a job !
As the OP says "Well done"

Good post Toads !!
10/10 to big Tokely
A story of great club commitment and dedication to the cause. Considering some of the scoundrels that knock around the football leagues these days. Well done Sir...

ScottB
23-01-2010, 09:42 PM
He was never gash, good player every time I watched him

Name another loyal player like him ?

Ryan Giggs.

A top drawer player who, if he had wished, gone to just about any top club in Europe during his career. Ditto Paolo Maldini.

Scotthibs1875
23-01-2010, 10:06 PM
so true:faf:

The Voice Of Reason
23-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Fair play to the lad. :agree:

Still only 30 too, thought he was about 45 ! :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
24-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Allegedly !
I have and he didn't come across as a "thug " any time I have met him - on the park yes he could be a "hard nut" but then he was doing a job !

Good post Toads !!
10/10 to big Tokely

No I don't know him he's an animal on the park and was done for causing a brawl at an ICT bash the rest's claims of beatings from his ex-wife. Chris Kerr whose career was ended by Tokely might have something to say about him too.

Toaods
24-01-2010, 10:19 AM
No I don't know him he's an animal on the park and was done for causing a brawl at an ICT bash the rest's claims of beatings from his ex-wife. Chris Kerr whose career was ended by Tokely might have something to say about him too.

what a loady of mince.

- he is certainly not an 'animal' on the park
- how does one man cause a brawl?
- "my ex-husband beat me" claim......nothing to do with his football
- who is Chris Kerr? never heard of him.

jdships
24-01-2010, 10:58 AM
what a loady of mince.

:thumbsup::agree:
Remember the "Journos" motto
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
24-01-2010, 12:52 PM
what a loady of mince.

He is an animal on the park have you seen him play? If not his disciplinary record will no doubt confirm it. I'll not get into the speculation from the claims from his wife but I remember ICT fining for for causing a brawl at a sponsor's evening. The reason you've never heard of Chris Kerr is because he was a young up and coming player player for St Mirren who played with ICT at the time and his career never got started thanks to the guy we're having a loving in with. He'd been running the left wing so Tokely decided to put in a disgusting challenge St Mirren fans I know describe as the worst they've ever seen
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6216698.ece

http://www.stmirren-mad.co.uk/roll/edy2/millennium_champions_why_we_hate_tokely_458819/index.shtml

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/daily-mail-london-england-the/mi_8002/is_2000_Feb_18/kerr-talking-injury-nightmare/ai_n36260510/

Maybe had Tokely not effectively destoyed thr boy's career we'd all have heard of the boy. Incidentally Tokely has never to this day aplogised for his assault.

Toaods
24-01-2010, 01:42 PM
He is an animal on the park have you seen him play? If not his disciplinary record will no doubt confirm it. I'll not get into the speculation from the claims from his wife but I remember ICT fining for for causing a brawl at a sponsor's evening. The reason you've never heard of Chris Kerr is because he was a young up and coming player player for St Mirren who played with ICT at the time and his career never got started thanks to the guy we're having a loving in with. He'd been running the left wing so Tokely decided to put in a disgusting challenge St Mirren fans I know describe as the worst they've ever seen
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6216698.ece (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6216698.ece)

http://www.stmirren-mad.co.uk/roll/edy2/millennium_champions_why_we_hate_tokely_458819/index.shtml (http://www.stmirren-mad.co.uk/roll/edy2/millennium_champions_why_we_hate_tokely_458819/index.shtml)

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/daily-mail-london-england-the/mi_8002/is_2000_Feb_18/kerr-talking-injury-nightmare/ai_n36260510/ (http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles/daily-mail-london-england-the/mi_8002/is_2000_Feb_18/kerr-talking-injury-nightmare/ai_n36260510/)

Maybe had Tokely not effectively destoyed thr boy's career we'd all have heard of the boy. Incidentally Tokely has never to this day aplogised for his assault.

so, let me get this right...

some St Mirren fan on a forum claims Tokeley is an animal, etc for a tackle he never even got sent off for(was he even booked??). Tokeley claimed a throw in as the ball came off the St Mirren youngster last.

We all know Tokeley is a big unit, so adding to the fact that Kerr has obviously been greatly distressed at the injury yet never mentioned any injustice or Tokeley by name, I'm happy to go with my own judgement that a big guy clattered a young guy who sadly took a sare yin and unluckily for him, he has been unable to come back. I assume it was such a mailcious challenge that he never bothered with any legal action.

Don't know if you know this guy personally but it seems a bit odd churning that forum out.

I do know someone who is friends with a former ICT player and by all accounts the man's a gent.

givescotlandfreedom
24-01-2010, 01:47 PM

some St Mirren fan on a forum claims Tokeley is an animal, etc for a tackle he never even got sent off for(was he even booked??). Tokeley claimed a throw in as the ball came off the St Mirren youngster last.

We all know Tokeley is a big unit, so adding to the fact that Kerr has obviously been greatly distressed at the injury yet never mentioned any injustice or Tokeley by name, I'm happy to go with my own judgement that a big guy clattered a young guy who sadly took a sare yin and unluckily for him, he has been unable to come back. I assume it was such a mailcious challenge that he never bothered with any legal action.

Don't know if you know this guy personally but it seems a bit odd churning that forum out.

I do know someone who is friends with a former ICT player and by all accounts the man's a gent.

That's it mate aye I stand corrected. Injuring players is nothing compared to James McArthur's diving. Incidentally it was straight red and Tommy Turner a St Mirren coach at the time spoke about how disgusting it was but stopped for fer of being disciplined in his own words. Kevin Fotheringham has also claimed Tokely put in a shocking challenge on him he felt was intent to injure but I'm sure he's a great guy really.

jdships
24-01-2010, 02:05 PM

Good post !
From memory this "tackle" was punished with a booking !
Surely if he was such an animal as "givescotlandfreedom" makes out one of his managers would have called time on him at ICT.
Football is littered with "shocking " tackles on a regular basis so why make an issue in a discussion which is about a player who has played 500 matches for one club in modern times.
Why not just applaud Tokely for his loyalty ?

I have met the man at charity events in and around Inverness and must say he was pleasant enough to speak to

:rolleyes:

maturehibby
24-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Some of lets forgive Tokely/ he never did anything wrong brigade are people I am glad are not in the Judical system as the likes of Tobin and Black Neilson etc would be out walking the streets as "They are all much Maligned" Tokely is a big lump who uses his mass to brutalise/bully lesser beings.
However if we want to reduce it to a footballing position he cost Inverness their place in the Premier league after his performance against Falkirk in the Relegation decider last season or did I just imagine that as well - Give Scotland freedom has slaughtered you lot with his arguements well done young man for your well constructed arguements on this post

givescotlandfreedom
24-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Good post !
From memory this "tackle" was punished with a booking !
Surely if he was such an animal as "givescotlandfreedom" makes out one of his managers would have called time on him at ICT.
Football is littered with "shocking " tackles on a regular basis so why make an issue in a discussion which is about a player who has played 500 matches for one club in modern times.
Why not just applaud Tokely for his loyalty ?

I have met the man at charity events in and around Inverness and must say he was pleasant enough to speak to

:rolleyes:

As stated it was a straigt red. You never seen any animals in football? I'm making it an issue because Tokely is a vile excuse for a footballer and some might say for a person, there's at least one player who will never have a chance to play 5 games again never mind 500 thanks to this caveman. P.S. well done for doing your job for years Tokely wowee

jdships
24-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Sad to see what was a genuine effort on "Toads" part to put on record an extraordinary milestone in modern Scottish football has been turned into almost a "defamation of character" :confused:

On top of that to compare the man to serial killers is shocking . :rolleyes:
For what it's worth I played with/against arguably a lot worse than Toakley sixty years ago and if you are honest you will accept there are a lot worse than him plying their trade around the country now - football is a mans game.

As the OP said "well done sir" for his loyalty to his club.

Anyway that's my final comment on this thread :greengrin

Toaods
24-01-2010, 03:51 PM
That's it mate aye I stand corrected. Injuring players is nothing compared to James McArthur's diving. Incidentally it was straight red and Tommy Turner a St Mirren coach at the time spoke about how disgusting it was but stopped for fer of being disciplined in his own words. Kevin Fotheringham has also claimed Tokely put in a shocking challenge on him he felt was intent to injure but I'm sure he's a great guy really.

Tommy Turner and Kevin Fotheringham.........:bye:

two men with reputations far worse than anything Tokeley could ever dream of.

Dibben
24-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Some of lets forgive Tokely/ he never did anything wrong brigade are people I am glad are not in the Judical system as the likes of Tobin and Black Neilson etc would be out walking the streets as "They are all much Maligned" Tokely is a big lump who uses his mass to brutalise/bully lesser beings.
However if we want to reduce it to a footballing position he cost Inverness their place in the Premier league after his performance against Falkirk in the Relegation decider last season or did I just imagine that as well - Give Scotland freedom has slaughtered you lot with his arguements well done young man for your well constructed arguements on this post

Surely it was ICT's performances throughout the season that got them relegated? Not just 1 man...

:confused:

BH.

givescotlandfreedom
24-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Tommy Turner and Kevin Fotheringham.........:bye:

two men with reputations far worse than anything Tokeley could ever dream of.

Career threatners? You seem to know a lot about a tackle you seemingly hadn't heard of a few hours ago but are clearly set in your mind. My last word on this thread also

totalfootball
24-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Yes he does he beat up his missus a few yyears ago. FACT! And I've heard off several other incidents involving Tokely. TWAT

Allegedly !

Good post Toads !!
10/10 to big Tokely

Toaods
24-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Career threatners? You seem to know a lot about a tackle you seemingly hadn't heard of a few hours ago but are clearly set in your mind. My last word on this thread also

Not only had I not heard of it a few hours ago, I'm not convinced I've heard of it now.

I'm not alluding to know the tackle at all and I'm sure if it had been vindictive (like the type made by Neil Simpson or Graeme Souness) we would all be aware of it however it sounds like some dafties from Paisley bearing a futile and unnecessary grudge.

kano
26-01-2010, 01:40 AM
played against toakley and givescotlandfreedom is right he is a prick.