PDA

View Full Version : Darren Barr Again

allmodcons
23-01-2010, 08:14 AM
Looking to me as if he could sign before window closes.

Eddie May quoted in today's Herald as saying everyone is out of race to sign Barr except Hibs. Goes on to say he thinks Barr will stay with Falkirk until the summer but smacks of hope rather than confidence.

Yogi's already on record as saying Barr's been offered terms. If Petrie can come up with a small transfer fee I think we'll get our man.

HIBERNIAN-0762
23-01-2010, 08:17 AM
According to the EEN he was talking to the yams yesterday :confused:

Why he would want to join such a disjointed badly run apology of a football team is any ones guess, at least at ER he will get his wages on time!

allmodcons
23-01-2010, 08:20 AM

Why he would want to join such a disjointed badly run apology of a football team is any ones guess, at least at ER he will get his wages on time!

I would post a link if I knew how (the shame of it) bit of technophobe
but learning.

Dibben
23-01-2010, 08:23 AM
I would post a link if I knew how (the shame of it) bit of technophobe
but learning.

Here (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/dundee-united/eddie-may-dismisses-rivals-chances-of-landing-darren-barr-ahead-of-dundee-united-match-1.1000778)

:thumbsup:

Nothing concrete in it, just more of EM ramblings!!

Hope he's right though!!

BH.

jpt11
23-01-2010, 08:26 AM
there you go.......
http://www.heraldscotland.com:80/sport/spl/dundee-united/eddie-may-dismisses-rivals-chances-of-landing-darren-barr-ahead-of-dundee-united-match-1.1000778
:wink:
.........too slow

allmodcons
23-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Here (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/dundee-united/eddie-may-dismisses-rivals-chances-of-landing-darren-barr-ahead-of-dundee-united-match-1.1000778)

:thumbsup:

Nothing concrete in it, just more of EM ramblings!!

Hope he's right though!!

BH.

Any chance of an online lesson:confused:

Jim44
23-01-2010, 08:30 AM

Putting aside any strong bias against and any loathing of the Jambos, a move to them might not be such a daft move in Barr's eyes. I think they might very well be a bit more stable than everyone thinks, they're moving up the league and will probably be in Europe next season. Our position, in terms of Europe, is at present debatable as we could easily go either way. Today's match is absolutely crucial in maintaining a hold on a top four place. Barr might see us as the not so attractive option. :dunno:

hibbymac
23-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Hmmm ... is this Eddie May trying to make up to Hibs after his " bitter" comments in the past?

Does Eddie May still have a grudge against Hibs and knows he is signing for hertz and just leading us astray?

So many questions!! Petrie sort it out!!! :greengrin

rainman
23-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Why is Eddie May giving the press a running commentry on this transfer saga?

He should keep quiet and see what happens.

Barney McGrew
23-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Any chance of an online lesson:confused:

Highlight all of the address in the address bar of the page you want to link to, right click and select copy

Start a new post on here, right click and hit paste.

Seemples :wink:

Leithenhibby
23-01-2010, 09:06 AM
It does sound all very well being (supposedly) the only club to be prepared to splash the cash. But the sad fact of the matter is we haven't :wink:

DB is a player I would love to see at ER and he would do a great job I'm sure.

I know JH has said that he will not sign a player just for the sake of it, :agree: But this club would benefit from a good signing at this moment and time. It's gone a bit flat for me...:rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
23-01-2010, 10:18 AM
Why is Eddie May giving the press a running commentry on this transfer saga?

He should keep quiet and see what happens.

Barr could save himself a fortune hiring Kevin Drinkell as his agent as Eddie May is all too willing to go to the press and ramp up the publicity for the laddie.

Eddie May, ex-Hibby or not, is a classless fud with an almighty chip on his shoulder.

matty_f
23-01-2010, 10:27 AM
I don't think May's saying we're looking like we're going to sign Barr, he's just saying that because it comes down to money, Hibs are the only team in a position to offer cash now.

wazoo1875
23-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Highlight all of the address in the address bar of the page you want to link to, right click and select copy

You should have told him if he pays a tenner he could learn almost anything on the PM board.
You're getting slow Shug :wink:

*thread hijack*
If you fancy a pint in the club i will be in about 1 :greengrin

Hibbyradge
23-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Barr could save himself a fortune hiring Kevin Drinkell as his agent as Eddie May is all too willing to go to the press and ramp up the publicity for the laddie.

Eddie May, ex-Hibby or not, is a classless fud with an almighty chip on his shoulder.

That's out of order.

He's the Falkirk manager, trying to do the best for his employer.

He's also a really nice bloke.

allmodcons
23-01-2010, 10:49 AM

Cheers BM. Simple copy & paste. Silly me!!

bighairyfaeleith
23-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Putting aside any strong bias against and any loathing of the Jambos, a move to them might not be such a daft move in Barr's eyes. I think they might very well be a bit more stable than everyone thinks, they're moving up the league and will probably be in Europe next season. Our position, in terms of Europe, is at present debatable as we could easily go either way. Today's match is absolutely crucial in maintaining a hold on a top four place. Barr might see us as the not so attractive option. :dunno:

:faf:

Where you a bit drunk when you wrote that???

ancient hibee
23-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Barr will go to the club that offers him the most money.

Jim44
23-01-2010, 11:07 AM
:faf:

Where you a bit drunk when you wrote that???

Nope, perfectly serious......................and :agree:, and it won't be us.

Pedantic_Hibee
23-01-2010, 11:12 AM
That's out of order.

His thinly-veiled digs at Hibs and Yogi in particular do not sit well with me.

I realise he's trying to do the best for his employer, but you can still do a good job whilst retaining a fair degree of dignity, humility and respect for your fellow managers and the clubs they manage.

He may well be a nice bloke "away from football" if you like, but there's no reason for him not to show himself as a nice bloke when in front of the camera or in earshot of a journalist.

18/03/07
23-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Huns

bigstu
23-01-2010, 11:33 AM
i'm sick of May & Barr's agent doing everything in the press, they both have their motives of course. Can we not just go back to signing people quietly like we did with the likes of Miller & Stokes, rather than the papers talking about it before it happens i.e. Barr, Anderson, Hart

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-01-2010, 11:36 AM
If you read through the story, there aint any real new news. A'deen Hearts and Dundee may want him, but they won't offer straight cash, or they want him on loan so it is the terms of the deal on the table that rules them out, not the clubs. Flipside is that it is the terms of our deal that rules us in. Bit confusing that Eddie May sorta looks like he has had a wee mump about all this being very public but he has been the worst offender. Previously, we have slagged posters for saying things about ex-Hibbies, then we have changed rules especialy when Katie opens his gob, but if CL across the toon had made the same, " not good enough for Hibs, not good enough for us" statement then would have been called for everything on previous posts in this thread and a lot more.

McIntosh
23-01-2010, 11:47 AM
His thinly-veiled digs at Hibs and Yogi in particular do not sit well with me.

I realise he's trying to do the best for his employer, but you can still do a good job whilst retaining a fair degree of dignity, humility and respect for your fellow managers and the clubs they manage.

He may well be a nice bloke "away from football" if you like, but there's no reason for him not to show himself as a nice bloke when in front of the camera or in earshot of a journalist.

He was always dour, I think it all stems from when Mickey Weir returned and took his place he was shiped to Brentford. As for his dislike of Yogi, well thats something else.

brog
23-01-2010, 11:51 AM
That's out of order.

I agree & I'm surprised that as Hibs fans we're not cutting him some more slack. Eddie May is only doing exactly what nearly every poster on this board want us to do when the OF come calling. In this case we're the predators, EM would much rather Barr went down South, ring any bells? He also wants to get most money possible for his player but if he has to lose Barr to us he would rather keep his services until summer than get a small fee now. Riordan/Caldwell anyone? I like to think that Hibs fans we're much more objective than our deluded neighbours but there's more than a whiff of hypocrisy here.

Jim44
23-01-2010, 11:56 AM
This appears to be an all too common response to any reasoned argument put forward when a person is Not criticising Hearts.

Hearts have been a joke of a club where the finances are understood by us all to show that they will fold as a club within the year.
Or at least that's what has been said for the past four and a half years.

They are still there despite Vlad, despite losing top players, they still take points from the OF, have an unbeaten run of six/seven? games and could end up only three points behind us after this weeks fixtures.

Darren Barr may be in a position to look at Hearts as a potential employer without the baggage of green tinted blinkered specs.

That appears to be what is being suggested

..........and I don't think we're the only ones who hold this view. I'll continue to have a wee laugh and dig at the Jambos and their 'behaviour' but I know deep down that they are never going to fold as a club and are more than likely to challenge for Europe every year. Until we start to win games against Rantic, D Utd and the Jambos, I'll continue to have serios reservations about our prospects.

EH6 Hibby
23-01-2010, 12:07 PM
They are still there despite Vlad, despite losing top players, they still take points from the OF, have an unbeaten run of six/seven? games and could end up only three points behind us after this weeks fixtures.

They could end up only three points behind us, I think it much more likely though that they will be back to 9 points behind us with us having a game in hand. :rolleyes:

Expecting Rain
23-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Ok it is only a snapshot of games when you are watching the highlights but whenever i`ve seen Barr he hasn`t been that good to be honest, maybe he is playing in a crap defensive or he hasn`t been fully commited.
I trust Yogi though and on that basis i hope a deal is done, especially given he can allegedly play full back or centre back.

RickyS
23-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Ok it is only a snapshot of games when you are watching the highlights but whenever i`ve seen Barr he hasn`t been that good to be honest, maybe he is playing in a crap defensive or he hasn`t been fully commited.
I trust Yogi though and on that basis i hope a deal is done, especially given he can allegedly play full back or centre back.

didn't we bid 300k for Arfield at the end of the last window? surely that money is still available and would be enough to tempt them to sell? the longer we leave it the less likely they will sell as they won't have time to find a replacement.

Expecting Rain
23-01-2010, 01:21 PM
didn't we bid 300k for Arfield at the end of the last window? surely that money is still available and would be enough to tempt them to sell? the longer we leave it the less likely they will sell as they won't have time to find a replacement.

Depends how much Hibs want him at the moment.

sleeping giant
23-01-2010, 01:34 PM
That's out of order.

I agree !

I've just listened to his whole interview and all he wants is a good deal for his club.
I can't really see the problem.

He also names his price for Barr. 125k !
He's ready to do business IMO.

RickyS
23-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I agree !

I've just listened to his whole interview and all he wants is a good deal for his club.
I can't really see the problem.

He also names his price for Barr. 125k !
He's ready to do business IMO.

where was the interview? got a link?

sleeping giant
23-01-2010, 01:57 PM
where was the interview? got a link?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8475885.stm