PDA

View Full Version : Derek Riordan

3pm
22-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Terrible v Hamilton. Lazy bassa. Luxury player.

Cameron1875
22-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Grow up. No one should escape criticism if they have been on a poor run. He might not even be playing v hamilton anyway.

skipster7
22-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Grow up. No one should escape criticism if they have been on a poor run. He might not even be playing v hamilton anyway.
im sure if boyd ,miller and mc'donald were playing left midfield they would also be on a " poor run"
this guy is our best goalscorer and is wasted in midfield.

18Craig75
22-01-2010, 09:54 PM
It was clear to see today...

Michael Harte isn't Hibs class!!! :grr:

:greengrin

Irish_Steve
22-01-2010, 10:18 PM
It was clear to see today...

Michael Harte isn't Hibs class!!! :grr:

Michael Hart was tho

18Craig75
22-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Michael Hart was tho

Though.*

Toaods
22-01-2010, 10:32 PM

sadly one of only two at the club.

..we need a couple more enigmas to get them all firing.

majorhibs
22-01-2010, 11:27 PM
We are a team close to being at the very top end of our league, due to players like Riordan, players like Rankin etc will ensure we do not stay there, Stevie Wonder can see that, there is 3 or 4 players treading water who, if replaced, could mean this Hibs team are up there, but we certainly could do with strengthening in a couple of positions.

An Leargaidh
22-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Derek has scored 9 goals (or 11 if you count the pre-season friendlies) this season all in yet last Saturday I am sure he passed the ball directly to DU players at least as many times as he has scored goals.

I know we all have bad days and bad weeks but Derek Riordan seems to run hot then cold. Earlier on in the season Yogi said that players have to prove their worth but I wonder what he had to say to No.10 after the Tannadice disaster?

:dizzy:

Cammy

monktonharp
23-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Derek has scored 9 goals (or 11 if you count the pre-season friendlies) this season all in yet last Saturday I am sure he passed the ball directly to DU players at least as many times as he has scored goals.

I know we all have bad days and bad weeks but Derek Riordan seems to run hot then cold. Earlier on in the season Yogi said that players have to prove their worth but I wonder what he had to say to No.10 after the Tannadice disaster?

:dizzy:

Cammynae doubt there is something missing from his game,but why the f/ck is he continually being wasted oot on the touchline? people keep saying he is in the huff if it doesnae go his way,but imho that's all part of his make-up. if he get's a couple of decent ba's through to him,we see a different man. gie the ba' tae Riordan!

Judas Iscariot
23-01-2010, 12:13 AM
nae doubt there is something missing from his game,but why the f/ck is he continually being wasted oot on the touchline? people keep saying he is in the huff if it doesnae go his way,but imho that's all part of his make-up. if he get's a couple of decent ba's through to him,we see a different man. gie the ba' tae Riordan!

:top marks

Can't believe the stick Derek had been gettin on here in the last few weeks..

These folk have such short memories!

I'd hate to imagine where we would of ended up last season without his goals and this season, when on the ball, he shows that he's head and shoulders above a fair few other guys in the starting 11..

Wasting him out wide, hope it's nothing other than Yogi persevering with him rather than something more sinister..

KWJ
23-01-2010, 02:36 AM
What are you talking about, he took his 2nd goal with aplomb!

NB - Aplomb's a great word.

goosano
23-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Yup so he was :greengrin

col02
23-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Todays performance shows Riordan's best position is wide left when he is in the mood as well as having someone like Murray who gives the quick simple ball all the time in behind him.

Hanny
23-01-2010, 06:22 PM

So he did! It was a cracking free kick!

Wotherspiniesta
23-01-2010, 06:29 PM

:top marks

GreenPJ
23-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Good free kick although the keeper did actually dive behind the line but for me Riordan is still not doing enough to warrent either starting every game or staying on the park the entire time. He is not face enough to get away from any fullback we have played this season, he is pushed off the ball to easily and a lot of his passing (certainly just now) is leaving a lot to be desired.

Glad he got a couple of goals and hopefully boost his confidence but he needs to do more (Stokes has knuckled down and you saw how good he was particularly the second half today).

monktonharp
23-01-2010, 06:54 PM

So he did! It was a cracking free kick!I just loved his free kick going in.......a few minutes cearlier Stokesey grabbed the ba' for a kick at the same distance,keeping the ball away fi Deeks. he had a good shot,but was a good save too. when Riordan grabbed the ba' it looked like they were arguing who was taking the kick. However,Deeks showed who's the daddy,when it comes to free kicks at that range:thumbsup:

Malthibby
23-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Scored two, couple more called for offside & we were by-passing his position for much of the first half. Think Stokes is the better player, but we might hang on to Deeks for longer.
When your luxury player is as good as Riordan, I think you can afford to carry him
GG

monktonharp
23-01-2010, 07:16 PM
:agree:he is a luxury we cant do without and Stokes,well he was superb today

KWJ
24-01-2010, 08:28 AM

Wish I'd stuck dosh on that :wink:

silverhibee
24-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Good free kick although the keeper did actually dive behind the line but for me Riordan is still not doing enough to warrent either starting every game or staying on the park the entire time. He is not face enough to get away from any fullback we have played this season, he is pushed off the ball to easily and a lot of his passing (certainly just now) is leaving a lot to be desired.

Glad he got a couple of goals and hopefully boost his confidence but he needs to do more (Stokes has knuckled down and you saw how good he was particularly the second half today).

10 goals and i think 6 assists from left midfield and you dont think he is doing enough to warrant a starting place in this team. :crazy:

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2010, 02:27 PM
10 goals and i think 6 assists from left midfield and you dont think he is doing enough to warrant a starting place in this team. :crazy:

Dont be daft, drop him for Galbraith he's a far better player.:wink:

GreenPJ
24-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Not recently no. His last 5 or so games he has been poor (particularly based on his form prior to that where I had seen a real improvement in fitness and workrate) not least prior to yesterday when was his last league goal. I think he needs a rest and a wee motivation to get back to where he was in November.

Bostonhibby
24-01-2010, 02:31 PM

:agree: Took goal with aplomb, and we need all the plombs we can get, as many as possible. Don't think the yams have got any plombs, cant afford them.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Not recently no. His last 5 or so games he has been poor (particularly based on his form prior to that where I had seen a real improvement in fitness and workrate) not least prior to yesterday when was his last league goal. I think he needs a rest and a wee motivation to get back to where he was in November.

I disagree, Murray behind him gives him the support he was never going to get from young Hanlon. And with McBride giving us more input in the midfield, it free's Riordan up from doing far too much defending. We dont need to see him tackling on the edge of our box, he needs to be playing further up, and the way the team was set up yesterday does this.

rightwinger
24-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Riordan did what we needed him to do yesterday and deserves praise for two good finishes.

He's not above criticism or below praise. His lack of workrate ensures that on days when he doesn't score or create, he will come in for criticism and rightly so.

He did the business yesterday so well done to him. His finishes provided the end product to the fine all round build up play from the rest of the team. Roll on Wednesday where hopefully we'll answer a tougher test with an even better team effort.

silverhibee
24-01-2010, 04:09 PM

Who would you play in the left midfield instead of Riordan, i would say he went through a wee bad spell, as players do, Riordan is not a left midfielder and is doing okay for a player playing out of position, Yogi seems to think so as well, and thats what counts.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Who would you play in the left midfield instead of Riordan, i would say he went through a wee bad spell, as players do, Riordan is not a left midfielder and is doing okay for a player playing out of position, Yogi seems to think so as well, and thats what counts.

Imagine Galbraith playing with Hanlon behind him, scary imho, especially without McBride and Bamba in the team.

silverhibee
24-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Imagine Galbraith playing with Hanlon behind him, scary imho, especially without McBride and Bamba in the team.

:agree:

basehibby
25-01-2010, 12:10 AM

:bitchy: Deeks had a great game on saturday - as well as his brace he was tracking back and working for the team more dilligently than recent weeks.

He's not beyond criticism but I strongly disagree that he's not worth his starting slot - 2 goals and an assist being plenty enough of a contribution from wide left. Galbraith is undoubtably a good understudy but Deeks is deservedly way ahead in the queue at the moment.

RIP
25-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Deeks a class act whose attitude riled Mowbray

Strachan apparently hated his laziness with a vengeance

At the moment he gets a game but he is murder to watch when not scoring

That challenge he bottled out of last Saturday (leading to the United breakaway and goal) was sickening. Apart from costing us a point he badly let his team-mates down.

Hopefully Yogi booted his balls and locked him in a room with Wattie Nicoll :greengrin