PDA

View Full Version : Hibernian FC Club Membership season

Lofarl
22-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Sorry if this has already been mentioned, delete if it has

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/hibernian-club-membership-season-0910-20100122_2262950_1940617

Gatecrasher
22-01-2010, 05:04 PM
good idea, man u have one called one utd i think.

as a STH i dont think it would benefit me much but PATG folk have been looking for some thing like this for ages :agree:

zlatan
22-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Seems a decent enough idea, no student concessions though :boo hoo:

hibsboy90
22-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Club Membership is available NOW and includes the following benefits: -Membership card - unique access card enabling on-line/telephone purchase of e-tickets for any game at Easter Road.
-Priority purchasing period for tickets - including Cup games, Category A matches, Away games. Could be priceless / not queuing overnight
-Hibernian TV access to the end of this season - get behind the scenes at Easter Road Stadium and the Hibernian Training Centre. £15 Value
-Ticket for next round of SFA Cup versus Montrose FC £18 Value
-Ticket for a Category A game (Rangers, Celtic or Hearts) before the end of the 2009/10 season £26 Value
-£5 off new adult 2010/11 shirt / £10 off adult 2010/11 full strip £5/10 value
-10% off Matchday hospitality
-Weekly E-news direct to your email in-box Free

Costs £60 for an adult. Estimated values would make this about £59, so not a bad deal.

Do full ST holders already get free cup games, 10% off hospitality having made a large financial commitment in the pre season?

lucky
22-01-2010, 05:17 PM
its a good idea but the cost will put many off. STH will not but it as they are covered so its aiming at the occasional fan. They should have left out the cup and cat A game reduced the price to a £10 and more would have signed up.

Gatecrasher
22-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Costs £60 for an adult. Estimated values would make this about £59, so not a bad deal.

Do full ST holders already get free cup games, 10% off hospitality having made a large financial commitment in the pre season?

no you get the option of a cup top up, which is a one off payment for any cup games at ER

4 games for £25 so far :thumbsup:

Baw187
22-01-2010, 05:51 PM
no you get the option of a cup top up, which is a one off payment for any cup games at ER

4 games for £25 so far :thumbsup:

Yeah, but as a ST holder, I wouldn't mind getting 10% off hospitality and a tenner off the strip !!

Gatecrasher
22-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah, but as a ST holder, I wouldn't mind getting 10% off hospitality and a tenner off the strip !!

I bought early bird ST and got the strip discount and I think STH get the discount on the hospitality because the club sell your seats for that game

Baw187
22-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I bought early bird ST and got the strip discount and I think STH get the discount on the hospitality because the club sell your seats for that game

Hmm. I must have missed something in the paperwork but I was oblivious to that.

Oh well. Been considering taking my old boy to the hospitality for a while so will ask when I nd up arranging it.

Gatecrasher
22-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Hmm. I must have missed something in the paperwork but I was oblivious to that.

Oh well. Been considering taking my old boy to the hospitality for a while so will ask when I nd up arranging it.

It's usually advertised In the programme but when we done it we defo got a discount, it's well worth the money though, a cracking day out and the 4-1 win topped it off :agree:

givescotlandfreedom
22-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Club "membership" is a big thing in Germany (not sure about elsewhere) and a good way to support the club from afar. Good idea IMO it keeps those who can't attend in touch with the club.

joe breezy
23-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Man United's is £30 I think

ONE UNITED
BENEFITS

As a One United member you will receive a special members pack containing exclusive gifts including a personalised membership card and welcome letter. You will also receive the following benefits:

* The chance to apply for tickets to home Premiership league games
* £5 discount off tickets for all home fixtures
* Free admission to home reserve games
* Opportunity to join the Season Ticket Waiting List
* 50% discount at the Museum & Tour Centre
* 10% discount in the Megastore (both the online Megastore and in the store)
* 10% discount in the Red Cafe
* Two magazines per season
* Exclusive monthly e-competitons

and much more...

If you can make the Montrose game the Hibs one is good value but they maybe could have done another version for fans that can't make that game.

Antifa Hibs
23-01-2010, 09:52 AM
Good marketing from Hibs I think, nice we money earner tae perhaps.

Strong rumours on another thread saying Aberdeen at home could be the last game for the terracing. Capacity of Easter Road will be reduced to what, 14k? 10000 in the home ends, 4000 in the south, 1800 tickets for away fans, say 1200 terracing ST holders that gives you only 1000 seats for walkup fans potentially in the south stand. Games against OF, Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee Utd guranteed sellouts aswell as other fixtures if we're still up for 3rd, Hibs then introfuce a membership card that entitles you to priority for tickets aswell as a free Cat A game. Rod doesnae miss a trick :wink:

Toaods
23-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Man United's is £30 I think

* Opportunity to join the Season Ticket Waiting List

someone's head's gonna roll for this over the road....:tee hee:

HH81
24-01-2010, 01:43 PM
As someone that only gets up to 2-3 games a season then this to me helps me feel part of the club.

Has anyone signed up to this? I am thinking of doing it just now.

Then again with only half the season left is it going to be £60 next season or will it be higher you think? :confused:

joe breezy
24-01-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm doing it on payday (Friday), hopefully we may have some big cup games towards the end of the season so could be useful for securing tickets. I might come up for the Montrose game too seeing as that's included

They should do it next season too really, a season ticket is impractical due to disctance for many.

Hibrandenburg
24-01-2010, 02:24 PM
Just tried calling the 24hr hotline number. They're closed :grr:

No doubt I'll get charged a premium rate for calling though :grr::grr:

WindyMiller
24-01-2010, 03:27 PM
I work 2 weeks on 2 off so a ST has never been good value, but I signed up for this yesterday.

I already have HI so my term will be extended, I'm off for the Montrose game and I'll get an extension on my HI membership.

If I stuggle to get a seat for any other Cat.A game then I'll go hospitality.

I hope they bring something like this out for next season too.

EasterRoad4Ever
24-01-2010, 05:32 PM
-Ticket for a Category A game (Rangers, Celtic or Hearts) before the end of the 2009/10 season

In what way is this good value for existing STHs - unless you can sell the ticket on or want to bring a pal ?? Or am I missing something ?

Hibrandenburg
25-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Got mine :thumbsup:

IberianHibernian
26-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Membership scheme is something that overseas/distant fans have been suggesting for years . Famous Five card was set up 3 or 4 years ago ( think it started with overseas/distant fans asking for something after having problems getting tickets in early 2000s when we had a lot of semis and finals ) but didn`t last long partly because STHs also joined so there seemed to be no clear advantage for anyone . Seems a bit odd to introduce this mid season but may be because of restrictions caused by East Stand construction . Lots of fans who can`t get to Holy Ground regularly already help by buying STs for others , buying merchandise or things like ERIN Trust but suppose this will help fans and club at same time . Is there any time limit for joining this season ?

Bishop Hibee
26-01-2010, 11:06 PM
I had some kind of Hibs priority membership when I lived down south. £20 or£30 if I recall which gave discounts on the clubstore and priority ticket purchase. I remember it was worth it at the time

One for the fans living around the UK and Ireland. Good initiative Hibs.

WindyMiller
26-01-2010, 11:11 PM
-Ticket for a Category A game (Rangers, Celtic or Hearts) before the end of the 2009/10 season

In what way is this good value for existing STHs - unless you can sell the ticket on or want to bring a pal ?? Or am I missing something ?

YES.
It's not for STH's, it's for regular attendees>

IberianHibernian
26-01-2010, 11:41 PM
YES.
It's not for STH's, it's for regular attendees>It`s obviously not for STHs ( at least not this season ) but how will it help any regular attendee who is non STH unless they happen to be able to go to Montrose match and can make Cat A match ( date unknown and we don`t even know if Hearts and Aberdeen will make top 6 ) .

WindyMiller
27-01-2010, 07:21 AM
It`s obviously not for STHs ( at least not this season ) but how will it help any regular attendee who is non STH unless they happen to be able to go to Montrose match and can make Cat A match ( date unknown and we don`t even know if Hearts and Aberdeen will make top 6 ) .

I've taken the Montrose match and the Celtc game on the 3/4/10, but we're pretty certain to get at least one Cat.A after the split so I could have waited and booked that.
When the East's gone it may be diffiicult to get tickets for any cup game we may have, so the priority purchasing period may come in handy.
I get a 4 month extension on to my HI membership, saving me +/-£13.
It may not work for everyone but it works for me.

Sandy
27-01-2010, 07:25 AM
Great idea, I will sign up for this even though my chances of making ANY game this season are very slim :boo hoo:

MoantheCabbage
27-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Good marketing from Hibs I think, nice we money earner tae perhaps.

Strong rumours on another thread saying Aberdeen at home could be the last game for the terracing. Capacity of Easter Road will be reduced to what, 14k? 10000 in the home ends, 4000 in the south, 1800 tickets for away fans, say 1200 terracing ST holders that gives you only 1000 seats for walkup fans potentially in the south stand. Games against OF, Aberdeen, Hearts, Dundee Utd guranteed sellouts aswell as other fixtures if we're still up for 3rd, Hibs then introfuce a membership card that entitles you to priority for tickets aswell as a free Cat A game. Rod doesnae miss a trick :wink:

I was hearing the rumours in reagrds to starting the building for the east stand so its ready for next season, Can anyone confirm this is actually the case and not just the groundworks starting so that hibs can extend the planning permission?

I was at both listening meetings in regards to the stands and it was stated that the building work work need to start in Jan for the stand to be finished for the next season?

WindyMiller
27-01-2010, 08:55 AM
I was hearing the rumours in reagrds to starting the building for the east stand so its ready for next season, Can anyone confirm this is actually the case and not just the groundworks starting so that hibs can extend the planning permission?

I was at both listening meetings in regards to the stands and it was stated that the building work work need to start in Jan for the stand to be finished for the next season?

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=172890 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=172890)

Dashing Bob S
27-01-2010, 09:04 AM
Great scheme for people living abroad. Imagine being an ST holder for years, moving to Australia or the USA for work, Hibs getting into the SC final against one of the OF, and suddenly 50,000 'fans' are chasing the 20,000 tickets we'd be allocated?

This assists real Hibs fans who can't get to all the games due to work, family, financial or other commitments.

It also instantly removes all the uberfan posturing. Now, unless you're really totally, brutally skint (and some people are) there's no excuse for anyone not to have that green slither of plastic in their wallet, whether ST or Club Members Card, that says 'more about you than posting ever could'.

MoantheCabbage
27-01-2010, 10:18 AM
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=172890 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=172890)

I approeciate the thought but dont have a week to trawl through that entire thread

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2010, 10:57 AM

I approeciate the thought but dont have a week to trawl through that entire thread

To summarise the thread then - no.

Noone can confirm or deny this. There are those that think they know but nothing has been made official as yet.

joe breezy
27-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Great scheme for people living abroad. Imagine being an ST holder for years, moving to Australia or the USA for work, Hibs getting into the SC final against one of the OF, and suddenly 50,000 'fans' are chasing the 20,000 tickets we'd be allocated?

This assists real Hibs fans who can't get to all the games due to work, family, financial or other commitments.

It also instantly removes all the uberfan posturing. Now, unless you're really totally, brutally skint (and some people are) there's no excuse for anyone not to have that green slither of plastic in their wallet, whether ST or Club Members Card, that says 'more about you than posting ever could'.

Correct, I had a half season ticket one season and it was totally impractical to come up from London every couple of weeks, I only made it about 3 or 4 times.

LancashireHibby
27-01-2010, 10:51 PM
As someone that only gets up to 2-3 games a season then this to me helps me feel part of the club.

Has anyone signed up to this? I am thinking of doing it just now.

Then again with only half the season left is it going to be £60 next season or will it be higher you think? :confused:

Certainly thinking of doing it myself, but not sure £60 makes sense for less than half a season.

£30-£40 for the year and all games at Category B price would suit me fine.

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Certainly thinking of doing it myself, but not sure £60 makes sense for less than half a season.

£30-£40 for the year and all games at Category B price would suit me fine.

It's no a season ticket they're seling mate.