PDA

View Full Version : NHC Hearts sign a striker! (13 year old, mind)

scott7_0(Prague)
22-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Chris Black from Alloa Athletic under 13's :greengrin:greengrin

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/news.aspx

Two other young youth players have also moved to Heart of Midlothian, Chris Black a striker and Liam McCrory a midfield player, both are 13, have signed on the dotted line at Tynecastle. The club has been reimbursed appropriately for these youngsters and we wish all three players every success in the future at their new clubs.

Part/Time Supporter
22-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Chris Black?

They'd be better off signing Cilla Black.

[coat picked up, taxi revving]

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2010, 11:41 AM
The club has been reimbursed appropriately for these youngsters and we wish all three players every success in the future at their new clubs.

Proof if any was needed, that the money troubles are over down gorgie way.

lapsedhibee
22-01-2010, 11:42 AM

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/news.aspx

Good move by the youngsters, since Hearts have the best youth development programme in the country.

PaulSmith
22-01-2010, 11:49 AM
You wouldn;t actually believe the amount of cash that SPL clubs spend on this age group.

Hearts have signed several players recently for amounts up to £10k and Celtic bought (sorry compensated!) a 13 year old player from Hearts for over £10k.

Can you imagine being that 12 year old and thinking that you've already made it. Frigtening.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Are either of them in line to start at Ibrox?

Woody1985
22-01-2010, 11:51 AM
We'll get a chance to see what their youth program is made of for the rest of the season and next.

I believe that they've had 2/3/4 players step up to the first team this season who have performed pretty well from what I understand. Granted, that info is taken from the reviews I've read in the papers and what I've seen against us. I know they've been forced to play these guys but they seem pretty decent.

Looking at our youths where there was so much promise from last season, they haven't been able to make a breakthrough. I know that's mainly due to early season success and the quality of player we have but it would be good if we started to see a couple of the 19s from last year making a breakthrough.

Hopefully their players turn out to be duffers cos it looks like the only remote chance they have of trying to get out of their mess!

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2010, 11:55 AM
We'll get a chance to see what their youth program is made of for the rest of the season and next.

I believe that they've had 2/3/4 players step up to the first team this season who have performed pretty well from what I understand. Granted, that info is taken from the reviews I've read in the papers and what I've seen against us. I know they've been forced to play these guys but they seem pretty decent.

Looking at our youths where there was so much promise from last season, they haven't been able to make a breakthrough. I know that's mainly due to early season success and the quality of player we have but it would be good if we started to see a couple of the 19s from last year making a breakthrough.

Hopefully their players turn out to be duffers cos it looks like the only remote chance they have of trying to get out of their mess!
That might depend on other factors. Namely the solvency of UBIG.

p=sh
22-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Looking at our youths where there was so much promise from last season, they haven't been able to make a breakthrough.

Apart from Wotherspoon, I assume you mean, since he has made the step-up as did Hanlon the season before.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2010, 12:17 PM
I wonder if they would've signed if Rix was still at the club! :rolleyes:

hibee_patty
23-01-2010, 01:04 AM
Played with Robinson that has just made the step up to the first team at Hearts. Very good player and should make it at the club if given the chance.
Stood out at a young age at Hutchison Vale and when there, was rumoured Chelsea and Man Utd offered him the chance to go down there but turned it down to sign for Hearts.

Woody1985
23-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Apart from Wotherspoon, I assume you mean, since he has made the step-up as did Hanlon the season before.

There were 9 who were promoted though... Wotherspoon has been excellent for us. Hanlon has done okay IMO.

whiskyhibby
23-01-2010, 07:54 PM

http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/news.aspx (http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/news.aspx)

Aye, only 13.......... and he's still probably faster and fitter than Nade

:nade::nade::lolyam: