PDA

View Full Version : NHC Jim "duffer" duffy

poolman
22-01-2010, 10:01 AM
WTF, Boyd is a better finisher than Rooney and he cant believe Man U and The Pool aren't fighting to sign him

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2819085/Kris-a-big-miss-Rafa.html

He should throw that crack pipe in the bin methinks

Delboy4
22-01-2010, 10:03 AM
WTF, Boyd is a better finisher than Rooney and he cant believe Man U and The Pool aren't fighting to sign him

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2819085/Kris-a-big-miss-Rafa.html (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2819085/Kris-a-big-miss-Rafa.html)

What's he sniffin'...? :confused:

smurf
22-01-2010, 10:07 AM
What's he sniffin'...? :confused:

The sames stuff when he signed the 'quality' players for us such as Tosh, Elliot, Power and McQuilken....

Kerrplunk
22-01-2010, 10:08 AM

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2819085/Kris-a-big-miss-Rafa.html (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2819085/Kris-a-big-miss-Rafa.html)

I actually think he has a point.No doubt Rooney is a far superior footballer but he is not an out and out goalscorer.Boyd is a goalscorer and would get plenty chances at Man U like he does at Rangers

lapsedhibee
22-01-2010, 10:13 AM
I actually think he has a point.No doubt Rooney is a far superior footballer but he is not an out and out goalscorer.Boyd is a goalscorer and would get plenty chances at Man U like he does at Rangers
Don't think Manure fans have properly accepted Berbatov because of his low workrate, can't see them being overjoyed with the Fat Hun and his.

JimBHibees
22-01-2010, 10:22 AM

Disagree even Rangers dont play him against the better teams absolutely no way Man U would. Personally think he would bomb in England especially the EPL.

Kerrplunk
22-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Don't think Manure fans have properly accepted Berbatov because of his low workrate, can't see them being overjoyed with the Fat Hun and his.

Don't see enough of Boyd to know if his workrate has improved or not.However the big difference here would be that Man U paid a hefty wedge for Berbatov while they could get Boyd for next to nothing in comparison. Not saying Boyd is a world beater but am sure he could score goals for Man United and they need a goalscorer - in my opinion of course :thumbsup:

Cabbage East
22-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Boyd is a better finisher than Wayne Rooney.

poolman
22-01-2010, 10:32 AM

Makes you wonder why Fergie disny go for a swap deal :shocked:

Hakim Sar
22-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Saying that Boyd is a better finisher than Rooney is like saying paolo maldini was a better defender than roberto baggio....

well, aye, but they are different types of player. He should be compared to kevin Phillips or andy cole and then it's a bit more relevant.

And woweee does Boyd fall short of Phillips or coles standards

CB_NO3
22-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Rooney would score about 100 goals a season in the SPL, ok slight exaggeration but you get my just. I dont think Boyd will be able to cut it in ther EPL but you never know.

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Given that was the man who brought superstars like Paul Tosh and Lee Power to our club, i'd be very disappointed if JD felt any other way.

Andy74
22-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Is he? :confused:

Wembley67
22-01-2010, 11:39 AM
Is he? :confused:

Aye, got a problem likes?

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2010, 11:42 AM
I do not like rooney but he is far far better than boyd will ever be mainly because of the points he scores for me on football fantasy:greengrin

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Rooney would score about 100 goals a season in the SPL, ok slight exaggeration but you get my just. I dont think Boyd will be able to cut it in ther EPL but you never know.That probable is not a exaggeration remember when bellamy destroyed us at easter road and he is half as good as rooney.

Green_one
22-01-2010, 11:57 AM
To mention Rooney and Boyd in the same sentence is basically a waste of debate.

Boyd is reknown for not even being rated by colleages for basic skills etc.

What has he done in internationals apart from not turn up?

Looks a good bit overweight to me and apart from having no workrate his 'success' of playing for the biggest club in a third rate league can be extrapolated to one of the hardest leagues in the world. Aye right.

I remember Duffy. He was mince and has deterioted since.

I suggest he continues to scout for stikers for Hearts.

Hibstrooper
22-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Stick Boyd in one of the top English sides and I would guarantee you he would plunder the Premiership

Argument over - Boyd would destroy teams in the Premiership, it comes with a Jim Duffy guarantee. That's got more power than FACT!

FACT

End of

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2010, 12:02 PM
Argument over - Boyd would destroy teams in the Premiership, it comes with a Jim Duffy guarantee. That's got more power than FACT!

FACT

End of

I'd go further and stick Jim Duffy in the management of one of the top English clubs and sit back and watch them destroy every other team in the league.

ancient hibee
22-01-2010, 12:26 PM
To mention Rooney and Boyd in the same sentence is basically a waste of debate.

Boyd is reknown for not even being rated by colleages for basic skills etc.

What has he done in internationals apart from not turn up?

Looks a good bit overweight to me and apart from having no workrate his 'success' of playing for the biggest club in a third rate league can be extrapolated to one of the hardest leagues in the world. Aye right.

I remember Duffy. He was mince and has deterioted since.

I suggest he continues to scout for stikers for Hearts.
Think his scoring rate in internationals is 1 goal every 2matches-wish he would turn up a bit more often.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Think his scoring rate in internationals is 1 goal every 2matches-wish he would turn up a bit more often.

Stats can hide stuff though. Didn't he get a hat-trick against the Faroes or someone? And another 2 in a friendly? Those pad out his numbers a bit.

How many goals has he scored in European football? Or against Celtic?

Sir David Gray
22-01-2010, 12:50 PM
I think Boyd is a good striker but he is nowhere near as good as Wayne Rooney, there's not even a comparison to be made IMO.

Andy74
22-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Aye, got a problem likes?

I do, because he's not. That's fairly laughable actually. I know boyd is known as a natural scorer and a poacher but he's still nowhere near rooney's class in finishing, even if Rooney is better known for other parts of his game.

He's got close to 100 goals for Everton and Man U and over 20 for England, and he's still a young man. They weren't all peaches.

nickwhibs
22-01-2010, 01:42 PM
If Rooney were to stand on the 6 yard line for most of the game I think he would score a lot more goals than Boyd. I'd say Rooney would be even better than Boyd playing the way Boyd does if he wanted. Also there is no way Boyd is a better 'finisher'. Who would you rather have in a one-on-one situation for example? I'd definately have Rooney. My point is that Boyd is a 'decent' finisher but only scores so many goals because he satnds in the box waitining for the ball (a good striker some may say). However I'd say Rooney is a 'world class' finsher as he has proven at the top level.

Andy74
22-01-2010, 01:45 PM
If Rooney were to stand on the 6 yard line for most of the game I think he would score a lot more goals than Boyd. I'd say Rooney would be even better than Boyd playing the way Boyd does if he wanted. Also there is no way Boyd is a better 'finisher'. Who would you rather have in a one-on-one situation for example? I'd definately have Rooney. My point is that Boyd is a 'decent' finisher but only scores so many goals because he satnds in the box waitining for the ball (a good striker some may say). However I'd say Rooney is a 'world class' finsher as he has proven at the top level.

Agree totally. Have you see that Street Soccer programme when Rooney has a shot at the balls coming down from the flats? Could you see Boyd sticking them all in the skip without even looking even if he had controlled the balls? No chance.

Lofarl
22-01-2010, 02:14 PM
Boyd is a much better finisher than Rooney. I've saw Boyd eat 2 pies and a Steak Bake in 15 mins. Roonie could only manage a Sausage Roll.

Oscar Lomax
22-01-2010, 03:11 PM
That probable is not a exaggeration remember when bellamy destroyed us at easter road and he is half as good as rooney.

I wouldn't say half as good mate. Bellamy, at the moment is looking like one off the best forwards in the EPL. His pace is his greatest asset, as he can leave defenders for dead.
Am I the only one who thinks that even the mention off Boyd in this company is enough to make you physically sick? Only a couple off months ago he couldn't get a game for Rangers, after he scores a few goals he is some sort off world beater......Ive never seen Boyd beat a man or show any indication that he has any football skills. Yes he is a poacher and scores tap-in's but come on. Rooney and Bellamy wouldnt let this arragent slob carry their boots.....:confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-01-2010, 03:19 PM
It is widely known, that Duff Jimmy keeps his football acumen in his hair folicles.

allmodcons
22-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Duffy's a joke!

To suggest Boyd is a better finisher than Rooney is laughable.

Can you imagine how many goals Rooney would score in the SPL with one of the ugly sisters.

With regard to all round ability even mentioning Boyd in the same sentence
as 'you know who' is a complete ******ing joke.

Some of these so called pundits are just a complete waste of space.

To think he thought he could cut it at our beloved Hibs.:faf:

hfc rd
22-01-2010, 08:12 PM

If he is just as good as Duffer is saying he is, then how come he is still with the Huns rather than Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. Boyd looks good in the SPL but everyone knows that he wouldn't score as many goals in the EPL. He always goes missing in the big games, e.g. CL.

heidtheba
22-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Its totally true by the way...and I'm sure Jerren Nixon is still worth the ten mill that Ivan Golac said he was way back in the 90s

Isn't it scary how some people spraff such guff...still wish he was at hearts tho...so long as it was away from us. I hated his style of play with Hibs and I loathed his massive squad and rubbish transfer dealings (wee Crunchie out for peanuts and Jamie mcQuilken and some Elliot bloke IIRC for considerably more than peanuts).

weecounty hibby
22-01-2010, 09:04 PM
This is the only country in the world where this idiot would be listened to in the press. Average player who won squat in his career and a piss poor manager who only succeeded in getting every club he managed relegated, usually by signing **** players so why should we pay any attention to what he thinks.

Bostonhibby
23-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Its probably all about Man U having the right manager to get the best out of Boyd and I think Duff Jimmy was about to say he is the man for the job.:crazy:

poolman
23-01-2010, 07:21 PM
4 Lucky goals from Rooney today

Boyd would have got 8 :cool2:

blackpoolhibs
23-01-2010, 07:27 PM
This is the only country in the world where this idiot would be listened to in the press. Average player who won squat in his career and a piss poor manager who only succeeded in getting every club he managed relegated, usually by signing **** players so why should we pay any attention to what he thinks.

Yes yes yes, but all thats forgiven for his masterclass display at the heart of the dundee defence, at dens park in 1986. :devil:

Forza Fred
24-01-2010, 07:34 AM
Yes yes yes, but all thats forgiven for his masterclass display at the heart of the dundee defence, at dens park in 1986. :devil:

Too true .wen we had a dinner for Alby Kidd a few years ago in Melbourne, we ran videos of that game.

nobody could recognise jim duffy with hair!:greengrin