PDA

View Full Version : Greggs new RB (Michael Hart)

brydekirk
21-01-2010, 11:24 PM
MICHEAL HART joining on loan and could play on saturday.:thumbsup:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-01-2010, 11:30 PM

Is he the really quick boy?

brydekirk
21-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Is he the really quick boy?

was a decent player for the sheep. think your on about the guy gray from man u.

MyJo
21-01-2010, 11:41 PM
potentially good signing if true :agree:

hope that Wotherspoon gets an opportunity on the right of midfield with Zoumer out if Hart does come in

HibbiesandtheBaddies
21-01-2010, 11:46 PM
was a decent player for the sheep. think your on about the guy gray from man u.

The Dons had a full back that was really quick a few seasons ago, thought it was Hart, maybe Foster?

Hibee_Lisa
21-01-2010, 11:47 PM
The Dons had a full back that was really quick a few seasons ago, thought it was Hart, maybe Foster?

I always thought they both had a decent turn of pace,probably wrong though.:greengrin

macca70
21-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Sure he was pretty good, from what i can remember.

Only played 9 games for PNE, seems to have had a bad time with injuries, since signing for them in 07/08 season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hart_(footballer)

http://www.pnefc.net/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10362~6807,00.html

Bit here about him when he moved from sheep to PNE, although he is a RB, would appear he can play anywhere across the back or even centre mid

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/preston/7199979.stm

RickyS
21-01-2010, 11:54 PM

never thought I would get the chance to ask this first!.......source?

Hainan Hibs
21-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Would be a good signing if true and would allow Wotherspoon to push up the park.

We need an experienced RB as I feel it's a bit unfair to expect a young player like Wotherspoon to perform week in week out in his first season in the first team, especially when he is more suited for midfield.

Hart from what I can remember was a good player at the Sheep, hopefully he is joining.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
22-01-2010, 12:06 AM
I always thought they both had a decent turn of pace,probably wrong though.:greengrin

:agree: Yogi has said he likes his full backs bombing up and down the line, could be a go-er

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2010, 12:56 AM
**** him lets get this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Etame_Mayer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Etame_Mayer)
some fo you may know him.

RickyS
22-01-2010, 01:01 AM
**** him lets get this guy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Etame_Mayer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Etame_Mayer)
some fo you may know him.
:thumbsup:

Toaods
22-01-2010, 01:04 AM
at last...!!! someone with a bit of height.

I won't grumble at a loan deal with a wee follow up at the end of the season, better than we have in that position:thumbsup:

Dalkeith
22-01-2010, 04:14 AM
never thought I would get the chance to ask this first!.......source?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2819336/Hughes-has-his-Hart-set-on-Michael.html (http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/2819336/Hughes-has-his-Hart-set-on-Michael.html)

I'm_cabbaged
22-01-2010, 05:37 AM

Same rag said we were signing Anderson.

Last Minute
22-01-2010, 06:14 AM

We were, had talks and a Medical at hibs but money was the stumbling block.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2010, 07:26 AM
We were, had talks and a Medical at hibs but money was the stumbling block.

I was told the medical was the problem.

mjhibby
22-01-2010, 07:26 AM
From what i remember of hart he was a speedy player,reliable defender who tended to pass well and left the skilful play to others.Just what we need at rb just now.

brydekirk
22-01-2010, 07:36 AM
im sure he can play on the left aswell.:thumbsup:

MussyHibby
22-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Sounds good, hope it's true.

I always felt Hart and Foster were really decent full backs with loads of pace.

Last Minute
22-01-2010, 08:32 AM
I was told the medical was the problem.

No it was a clause in the contract that if the injury flaired up again hibs could end the contract. needless to say Anderson was no to happy with this.

Andy74
22-01-2010, 08:55 AM
at last...!!! someone with a bit of height.

I won't grumble at a loan deal with a wee follow up at the end of the season, better than we have in that position:thumbsup:

He's only 5'10" so on a par or smaller than others in the back line.

LancsHibs
22-01-2010, 08:55 AM
Sounds like it could be a good signing addressing our most problematic position this season. Career plagued with injuries though which is a bit of a worry!!

EskbankHibby
22-01-2010, 08:56 AM
Hart used to be a full back then played sweeper/ch iirc in the latter stages of his Dons career.

Went on loan to Livingston in the late 90's and no stranger to the treatment table. Had a sustained period of fitness and form in the latter stages of his Dons spell and went down south for more cash than they could offer.

Wonder what the dons fans think of this.

ancient hibee
22-01-2010, 09:04 AM
No recollection of him at all.

JimBHibees
22-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Sounds like it could be a good signing addressing our most problematic position this season. Career plagued with injuries though which is a bit of a worry!!

Agree, think his hamstrings tend to go every now and then. A decent strong defender from what I remember with a bit of pace, not the most skilful but if fit will do a good job for Hibs if he signs.

LancsHibs
22-01-2010, 09:22 AM
Agree, think his hamstrings tend to go every now and then. A decent strong defender from what I remember with a bit of pace, not the most skilful but if fit will do a good job for Hibs if he signs.

Out for a long time with a hip injury as well

RIP
22-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Taken for a Hart of Hibs thread of 2 years ago this month

I'll tell you something, if Hibs pull this off and get Hart then it will be a brilliant signing:agree:

The guy is a good player and is a big strong lad while still being lightning fast down the wing so i would be more than happy to see him in the green and white and if we can afford him then we would also be able to afford Chris Clark from the sheep as well who i would definately take for our midfield as well :agree:

Taoads tipped him for a Yogi signing in the summer

Groathillgrump
22-01-2010, 09:30 AM
No recollection of him at all.

That happens a lot at your age. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
22-01-2010, 09:38 AM

I wonder if he wears his shoes the wrong way round. :wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
22-01-2010, 09:44 AM
On loan only - begs the question...

Would his Heart be in it? :wink: Boom-boom!

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2010, 09:49 AM
I was speaking to some old dear in the pub on Tuesday night (not something I make a habit of!) and she said she was Danny Swansons Auntie and that he would be signing for Hibs before the window closes. (Don't shoot the messenger! cannae be any worse than Footy Rumours website though!)

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Micharl Hart was a good right back when he left the dons, one we would gladly have seen at easter road. If he signs, and can recapture that form, we will have another piece of the jigsaw completed.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2010, 10:23 AM
I was speaking to some old dear in the pub on Tuesday night

How did you get on? Did you get your Nat King?

Hibbyradge
22-01-2010, 10:35 AM
I was speaking to some old dear in the pub on Tuesday night (not something I make a habit of!) and she said she was Danny Swansons Auntie and that he would be signing for Hibs before the window closes. (Don't shoot the messenger! cannae be any worse than Footy Rumours website though!)

YouTube - Little Britain - Sexy Granny & Jason 02 HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-y6gUkneHw)

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-01-2010, 11:08 AM

No thanks!

She didnae look like she had time on her side to say the least! She was slavering a lot of crap to most folk in the boozer, so, the story will probably be a load of rubbish!

Andy74
22-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Evening News today repeating the line that he might be here in time for tomorrow, probably lifted from the original.

Hughes not denying it but saying a few things are on the go and its up the the Board now to sort them out.

Mikey
22-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Evening News today repeating the line that he might be here in time for tomorrow, probably lifted from the original.

Hughes not denying it but saying a few things are on the go and its up the the Board now to sort them out.

EEN story here..........

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=172492

Hibs Spain
22-01-2010, 11:26 AM

Was he at Livingston before Aberdeen?

Baw187
22-01-2010, 11:29 AM

:faf:

Baw187
22-01-2010, 11:34 AM
As for Michael Hart, I'm sure Calderwood used him to track Ivan when Ivan was running amock fir us on the right wing. I know he's meant to be a right back but I'm sure he played on the left and was the only man I seen get close to Ivan.

Or am I confusing him with Foster????

Hank Schrader
22-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Was he at Livingston before Aberdeen?

He was at Aberdeen before Livingston but went on loan there and eventually on a permanent deal. He ended up going back to Aberdeen for a few seasons after Livi.

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2010, 11:38 AM
I still think lauren is the answer.:greengrin

Hibs Spain
22-01-2010, 11:40 AM
He was at Aberdeen before Livingston but went on loan there and eventually on a permanent deal. He ended up going back to Aberdeen for a few seasons after Livi.

Seem to remember he was handy at free kicks..Had a bit of a thunderbolt shot.

MacBean
22-01-2010, 11:40 AM

Nah i think he poses a risk with his age. Dani Alves is the man!:cool2:

HibbyAndy
22-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Was told on Wednesday MH would be joining hibs but then got a text back saying wages were the problem, source also said JH wanted another one in to parade today.

bawheid
22-01-2010, 11:43 AM
As for Michael Hart, I'm sure Calderwood used him to track Ivan when Ivan was running amock fir us on the right wing. I know he's meant to be a right back but I'm sure he played on the left and was the only man I seen get close to Ivan.

Or am I confusing him with Foster????

Think so.

IIRC they're both pretty quick but Foster was the lightening quick left back who used to track Sproule.

Maybe one of the sheepies who post here could confirm.

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Nah i think he poses a risk with his age. Dani Alves is the man!:cool2:
Na he is to small bamba could eat him for lunch

JoeT_WasTheBest
22-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Think so.

IIRC they're both pretty quick but Foster was the lightening quick left back who used to track Sproule.

I'm not a sheepie but it was definitely Foster.

HibeeDaz6270
22-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Hart right back, murray left back.

Centre Half please:)

Hank Schrader
22-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Seem to remember he was handy at free kicks..Had a bit of a thunderbolt shot.

I think he was always highly rated wherever he played in the SPL. He will be a good acquisition if we get him till the end of the season and potentially beyond. Here's hoping anyway.

Sudds_1
22-01-2010, 12:08 PM
No thanks!

She didnae look like she had time on her side to say the least! She was slavering a lot of crap to most folk in the boozer, so, the story will probably be a load of rubbish!

ah.........the classic "insult them after they KB you line" :greengrin

Winston Ingram
22-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Think so.

It was definately Hart

Winston Ingram
22-01-2010, 01:08 PM

Sophia?

Hibs Spain
22-01-2010, 01:15 PM
It was definately Hart

It was Foster.He was played out of position to deal with Sproule.

Andy74
22-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Aye, Foster was the really quick one that Sproule struggled against.

hibsbollah
22-01-2010, 01:44 PM
The new van Zanten:thumbsup:

RIP
22-01-2010, 01:46 PM
It was definately Hart

Hart was the one that gave O'Brien five yards of a start and caught him every time :agree:

Hibs7
22-01-2010, 03:03 PM
Was told on Wednesday MH would be joining hibs but then got a text back saying wages were the problem, source also said JH wanted another one in to parade today.

Nae parade today Andy boy !!

Hiber-nation
22-01-2010, 03:16 PM
He certainly had pace although not sure about the passing and crossing. Was dire against us in that pre-season friendly but maybe carrying an injury?

Shrekko
22-01-2010, 03:18 PM
Hart was the one that gave O'Brien five yards of a start and caught him every time :agree:

Did he have a faster motorbike?
:dunno:

Frazerbob
22-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Just spoke to a Sheepy mate who compared Hart to Ian Murray. Strong, dependable, solid SPL player. He said he'd take him back at Todders in a second but thinks he is looking for silly wages these days.

Toaods
22-01-2010, 05:12 PM

...must have done, they always tell their innermost secrets after a good seeing to*

* Errol Flynn 1958, Warren Beatty 1973, George Hamilton (1967- 2006) and Hibbyandy(only if they have their jamies oan at 11.47 AM :wink:)

down-the-slope
22-01-2010, 05:53 PM

:agree: also same invented headline makers said Boyd talking to Villa....Martin O'Neil says thats cobblers

Winston Ingram
22-01-2010, 06:00 PM

It wasn't. It was Hart. Foster had played LB all season and Hart switched to LB to cover IvaN and Foster to RB. Tangoman even said that Hart was faster than Sproule:confused:

MGmick
22-01-2010, 07:17 PM
As I recall it was Hart that took care of Ivan and Foster used to terrify Whitty.

Toaods
22-01-2010, 08:26 PM

good bit of tactical logic by Tangoman IMHO...

by playing Foster at left back, he had the pace to cover Ivan cutting inside which would have been onto his stronger right foot too. Result tended to be that when Foster showed Ivan the inside he took the other option which meant as he was heading wide of goals the burst of pace was useless and any lapse in cross found out.

Defo Foster although Hart is quick. My fav Hart moment was at Todders when Scotty Brown walloped him into that big wall in the front of the away section. Scotty appears into view and the game continues - then Hart eventually got to his feet as though he'd been hit by a Rhino...:greengrin

hfc rd
22-01-2010, 08:48 PM
It will be brilliant if we can get Hart signed up before tomorrow's match. Remember him really well from his Aberdeen days. A right back who could attack and defend.

hibbie02
23-01-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm assuming this ain't happening as he is currently on the telly playing against Chelsea..........:wink:

RickyS
23-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I'm assuming this ain't happening as he is currently on the telly playing against Chelsea..........:wink:

that will be that then! he is obviously still part of the plans at deepdale.:grr:

joejoefaemexico
23-01-2010, 12:19 PM
:agree:
Hart right back, murray left back.

Centre Half please:)

Toaods
23-01-2010, 12:39 PM
that will be that then! he is obviously still part of the plans at deepdale.:grr:

Hard to imagine darren ferguson playing him if he had given us permission to have talks about taking him on loan. Must be us playing games with Kevin Drinkell, who can see pounds signs before common sense.