PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tevez interview on ssn

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2010, 07:15 PM
Anyone hear it he said neville is a bootlicker and said he was sucking up to fergie when he said tevez is not worth 25 million.

What a legend

Woody1985
21-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't think Neville said that though.

Neville said something along the lines of the manager normally gets the transfers correct with the exception of a few.

Personally, I don't think Tevez was worth the money at the time. They'd already paid him in the region of 10 million and another 10-15 million to loan him for the two seasons.

They then wanted in the region of 25-30 million IIRC. Then Tevez wanted a 4/5 year deal on another 5 million a season.

You were looking at around 70 million to tie Tevez up for the full duration. I thought Fergie was right at the time as he'd had a good amount out of him.

That's to say that it was even Fergie's decision. He spent 30 mil + wages on Berbatov in the Jan window IIRC and was probably made to choose at that time.

judas
21-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Can we have an end to tabloid headline style threads about Man U, Man City and other petty premiership matters please?

Can we at least move them to another board?

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Can we have an end to tabloid headline style threads about Man U, Man City and other petty premiership matters please?

Can we at least move them to another board?Sorry i was not looking to cause any bother its just you do not get many football players actualy speaking there mind anymore.

cabbageandribs1875
21-01-2010, 07:42 PM

at least the OP put the tag NHC against the title of his thread, unlike several others on the main board :confused:

judas
21-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Sorry i was not looking to cause any bother its just you do not get many football players actualy speaking there mind anymore.

No offence, but I am tired of all the premiership threads on the main board.

Most of it is red top trivia and of little consequence to me, Hibs or Scottish fitba.

Green Mikey
21-01-2010, 08:39 PM
No offence, but I am tired of all the premiership threads on the main board.

Most of it is red top trivia and of little consequence to me, Hibs or Scottish fitba.

Don't read those threads then:confused:

judas
21-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Don't read those threads then:confused:

That's a good idea.

Thanks.

khib70
22-01-2010, 11:17 AM

Maybe move them to this one. "The messageboard for all Hibs fans to chat about Hibs and football in general.......oh, wait a minute:cool2:

Tevez is being a bit naughty, but lets face it, Manure and Ferguson have been playing this game themselves, and not just about City, for ages. Taste of own medicine, methinks!

A bit of needle around a derby always adds a bit of spice on the day, after all.

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2010, 12:15 PM
I think there are a lot of people obsessed with the EPL, (it's hard not to as we're subjected to constant propaganda about it that would Goebels blush) while others couldn't care less.

I go through phases where I'm positively hostile, to marginally interested.

I'd like to see a separate board for it myself.

sambajustice
22-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Anyone hear it he said neville is a bootlicker and said he was sucking up to fergie when he said tevez is not worth 25 million.

What a legend

A bell end more like!

This is the sort of comment that would have Keane et al going out in the next game making sure that Tevez wouldnt be playing for too much more of that season!

Its unfortunate United dont have any players like that anymore!

Danny_Hibee
22-01-2010, 03:18 PM
A bell end more like!

This is the sort of comment that would have Keane et al going out in the next game making sure that Tevez wouldnt be playing for too much more of that season!

Its unfortunate United dont have any players like that anymore!

Yeh its a shame they dont have any players who deliberately go out to end the career of fellow professionals any more. Oh how the premiership was a better place when people like Roy Keane were out there trying to break legs and injure people :rolleyes:

Fair play to Tevez I say, didnt react to the comments from Neville until the perfect opportunity presented itself to shut him up :top marks

Sir David Gray
22-01-2010, 03:39 PM
I like this sort of stuff between two rival teams.

Gary Neville is Manchester Utd through and through and will always try to wind up the fans and players of their biggest rivals, namely Liverpool and Manchester City.

For Carlos Tevez, scoring two goals the other night was the perfect way to respond to Neville's alleged comments and for Neville, I think most people would probably understand why he did what he did when Tevez went up to him after he had scored one of his goals.

I really don't think there should be any kind of investigation of Gary Neville by the FA or anything like that. It was done in the heat of the moment and it's past now, according to Mancini and Ferguson.

I just hope it's Tevez who is laughing on the other side of his face come next Wednesday night.

Big_Franck
22-01-2010, 03:47 PM
I think there are a lot of people obsessed with the EPL, (it's hard not to as we're subjected to constant propaganda about it that would Goebels blush) while others couldn't care less.

Agree 100% with that. There should be another board for those who wish to discuss the English Premiership. I have very little interest in it.

Austinho
22-01-2010, 03:54 PM
People should lighten up, it's not like there is a great deal to discuss about Hibs at the moment.

Gus
22-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Tevez let the football do the talking so fair play to him. But when he has as many honours as Gary Neville he can carry on talking.

Instead he's a greedy little so so & the way his advisers are set up he should of been sent packing ages ago

As for Roy Keane, he admitted he went out to injure Alf Haaland, but isn't this after Keane went down with his cruciate & Haaland laughed? Doesn't make it right, but i bet you a tenner no one laughed at Keane again

Keane is like marmite, i personally think he was a fantastic player & would be EASILY one of the first names on the team sheet imo

Green Mikey
22-01-2010, 04:07 PM

Personally I'm a bit obsessed with football and since the EPL is the most accessible and highest quality league available in the UK, I have develpoed a considerable interest in it.

Even some of the more pedestrian fare in the EPL trumps the mediocre and mundane football on show Scotland (excluding Hibs obviously:greengrin).

Pretty Boy
22-01-2010, 05:46 PM
Agree 100% with that. There should be another board for those who wish to discuss the English Premiership. I have very little interest in it.

Or people who have very little interest in the EPL could ignore threads which are clearly about the EPL rather than moaning about it(ironically giving the thread a place higher up the board).

If your not interested in something you don't have to read it or comment on it.

Sir David Gray
22-01-2010, 06:33 PM
On a slightly related issue, would any other non-Man City fans like to knock the smile off of Garry Cook's (Man City CEO) face?

Just seen a bit of footage of him on SSN earlier addressing some fans (apparently in New York) and the things that he was saying sounded very similar to things that we heard from a certain Russian from the West side of Edinburgh about four years ago, i.e. Manchester City will become the biggest and best football club in the world, speaking about "not if, when we're at Wembley..." and then getting a loud applause when he spoke about "beating Man Utd YET AGAIN", as if them beating United is such a regular occurrence (I believe they've managed just six wins over United in the past 20 years in all competitions and have won at Old Trafford just once in the past 36 years). With that in mind, I would suggest to Mr Cook that he waits until after next Wednesday night's match has finished before he puts Wembley's postcode into his Satnav. He will, of course, require help on getting to Wembley, since Man City haven't been there, if you discount mickey mouse lower league play off finals, since 1976. :greengrin

To say that he sounded arrogant beyond belief would probably be a massive understatement.

If you take those comments, along with the farcical press conference that he presided over when Mancini took charge a few weeks ago, it's pretty clear that Man City's new found wealth has obviously gone to his head.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance, as long as you can back it up by coming up with the results.

They have brought in some good players over the past year or so but they have won precisely nothing yet and until they start challenging, and beating, the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea on a regular basis then their words will be nothing more than hot air.

Footage here (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5877444,00.html) :asshole:

PISTOL1875
22-01-2010, 07:06 PM
On a slightly related issue, would any other non-Man City fans like to knock the smile off of Garry Cook's (Man City CEO) face?

Just seen a bit of footage of him on SSN earlier addressing some fans (apparently in New York) and the things that he was saying sounded very similar to things that we heard from a certain Russian from the West side of Edinburgh about four years ago, i.e. Manchester City will become the biggest and best football club in the world, speaking about "not if, when we're at Wembley..." and then getting a loud applause when he spoke about "beating Man Utd YET AGAIN", as if them beating United is such a regular occurrence (I believe they've managed just six wins over United in the past 20 years in all competitions and have won at Old Trafford just once in the past 36 years). With that in mind, I would suggest to Mr Cook that he waits until after next Wednesday night's match has finished before he puts Wembley's postcode into his Satnav. He will, of course, require help on getting to Wembley, since Man City haven't been there, if you discount mickey mouse lower league play off finals, since 1976. :greengrin

To say that he sounded arrogant beyond belief would probably be a massive understatement.

If you take those comments, along with the farcical press conference that he presided over when Mancini took charge a few weeks ago, it's pretty clear that Man City's new found wealth has obviously gone to his head.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of arrogance, as long as you can back it up by coming up with the results.

They have brought in some good players over the past year or so but they have won precisely nothing yet and until they start challenging, and beating, the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea on a regular basis then their words will be nothing more than hot air.

Footage here (http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5877444,00.html) :asshole:

The difference City and Hertz is that City's owners have put there money where there mouth is..

Sir David Gray
22-01-2010, 07:34 PM
The difference City and Hertz is that City's owners have put there money where there mouth is..

As a Man City fan, that video surely makes you cringe though, does it not?

It would have been fine if it had been Ricky Hatton or Liam Gallagher who had said stuff like this on camera as you expect that kind of banter from fans but I think it's a bit unprofessional for a CEO to be making comments like that in public especially when, as I've already said, Man City have won nothing so far.

Not that it would ever happen but if we ever get some serious investment from a rich owner, I would be pretty embarrassed if Scott Lindsay was going around and saying things like that at supporters clubs.