PDA

View Full Version : NHC Boyd talks with Aston Villa

Ritchie
21-01-2010, 03:26 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8472745.stm

:bye:

although i dont like him i think it would be a good move for the fat smelly hun! :cool2:

sorry if already posted.

J-C
21-01-2010, 03:29 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/8472745.stm

:bye:

although i dont like him i think it would be a good move for the fat smelly hun! :cool2:

sorry if already posted.

Read it in the S-hun earlier at the gym, dismissed it as it was in that rag of a paper, good move if true as Carew is constantly injured and Heskey is nearing pension age and not scoring.

HibbyAndy
21-01-2010, 03:39 PM
No danger Boyd will leave Der Hun.

Dashing Bob S
21-01-2010, 03:46 PM
Boyd will bomb in England. he won't get a sniff against premiership defenders who will have too much pace, muscle and organisational skill for him. Scoring goals against donkeys up here is about his level, and he has neither the skill nor work-rate to thrive down there.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Boyd will bomb in England. he won't get a sniff against premiership defenders who will have too much pace, muscle and organisational skill for him. Scoring goals against donkeys up here is about his level, and he has neither the skill nor work-rate to thrive down there.

:top marks :agree:

Dashing Bob S
21-01-2010, 03:55 PM
:top marks :agree:

I think that's the reason he ultimately won't leave Ibrox, he's astute enough to know that. You really need to be a footballer and/or have the work rate to thrive down there, as Fletch has shown.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2010, 04:03 PM
I think that's the reason he ultimately won't leave Ibrox, he's astute enough to know that. You really need to be a footballer and/or have the work rate to thrive down there, as Fletch has shown.

He does not have any ambition, he's happy to be the big fish in the small pond. As you say, he has little ability, certainly not enough to make any impression in the EPL, unless the huns want rid, he will be happy to play his days out in the SPL.

stubru59
21-01-2010, 04:06 PM

Exactly my thoughts. The lure might be the money on offer which would tide him over for a long time to come.

Having filled his bank account he could come back here to top up his pension.

Hibbie_Cameron
21-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I agree with the posts above. I would be amazed if Boyd went down south

Jim44
21-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Boyd doesn't have the skill or character to be successful at the highest level in England. He's only trying to force Rangers hand. He'll probably still settle for their offer of £18K per week and a guarantee of international football as and when he wants it/or Rangers allow it.

vanNISHtelroy
21-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Don't do it Boydie!

Move now in a transfer so we can get 15% of any profit! :thumbsup:

hfc rd
21-01-2010, 11:46 PM

True. But would like him to go as the Huns will be average without him (as seen against hamilton). They will find it hard to score a lot of goals.

ancient hibee
22-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I think distaste for the Hun hordes is rampant here and influencing judgement.Boyd would score plenty in the EPL.He takes up great positions-it's not an accident that he gets lots of goals from close in-and the EPL has plenty of midfielders who'll find him.

Broken Gnome
22-01-2010, 10:35 AM
I think distaste for the Hun hordes is rampant here and influencing judgement.Boyd would score plenty in the EPL.He takes up great positions-it's not an accident that he gets lots of goals from close in-and the EPL has plenty of midfielders who'll find him.

As overrated as some of the EPL might be, he would get nowhere near the chances he does up here. Not many strikers have much hope of getting double figures down there, and many have far superior all round games to Boyd.

Carrick Hibs
22-01-2010, 11:02 AM

got to agree with this!

personally think Boyd gets a lot of unwarranted stick cos he's a typical currant bun but you cant take away the fact he's the best goalscorer in the country at the moment.

and as for not being able to hit double figures down south, Davies, Zaki and Fuller all hit double figures last year playing for utter dross like Bolton, Wigan and Stoke!! I think he'd get plenty of chances playing for a side like Villa.

Hainan Hibs
22-01-2010, 11:13 AM
With Caldwell pulling a MOTM performance with Wigan and Fergushun doing well at Birmingham, it wouldn't surprise me if Boyd could score regularly in that league.

Captain Trips
22-01-2010, 11:53 AM
Boyd has shown that the SPL is not a real issue for him goals wise, its now a case of does he think he can improve and does he want to improve and get paid a bit more or is he happy to stay as he is.

I dont know if Boyd would score in EPL but he would score if getting the chances and that is where I think he would need to show the ambition to improve, he will need to find that yard against, Vidic, Terry, Gallas, Ferdinand, Carragher etc etc, if he was able too then Boyd would be worth a lot of money to the club that signs him.

IMO he should he could if works out well he could go from 18k to 60k very quicky, if not im sure there would still be clubs willing to take him.

heretoday
22-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Agreed - Boyd would have to shift his backside some if he played in the Prem. I don't give him much chance against the big powerful Hangelands and Yobos of this world.

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Was watching the Man U - Man C game where I was struck how Rooney and Tevez were regularly making 40-50 yard runs up and down the pitch to defend. Boyd just doesn't have that in his game.

Even bog standard EPL defenders are better on mobility, strength, height and positional awareness than their counterparts here, and non-corrupt, unbiased referees mean that he automatically has 10 penalty and blatant offside strikes deducted before he even starts out.

Three goals a season, two in the Carling Cup, and an extended period on the treatment before the Record heading appears: KRIS - END MY BRUMMY NIGHTMARE Sub headline: Former Gers star plea to ex-boss Walter.

Andy74
22-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Was watching the Man U - Man C game where I was struck how Rooney and Tevez were regularly making 40-50 yard runs up and down the pitch to defend. Boyd just doesn't have that in his game.

Even bog standard EPL defenders are better on mobility, strength, height and positional awareness than their counterparts here, and non-corrupt, unbiased referees mean that he automatically has 10 penalty and blatant offside strikes deducted before he even starts out.

Three goals a season, two in the Carling Cup, and an extended period on the treatment before the Record heading appears: KRIS - END MY BRUMMY NIGHTMARE Sub headline: Former Gers star plea to ex-boss Walter.

Rooney and Teves are pretty exceptional though in their workrate, there are plenty of less mobile players in the EPL and some pretty average strikers that score goals.

Boyd wouldn't necessarily have to do much more than get in and around the box and he would score with a fair percentage of his chances.

Pretty Boy
22-01-2010, 12:24 PM

:agree: Someone like Filipo Inzaghi doesn't have any work rate or footballing skill either but he bangs in goals season after season in a league with defences far harder to break down than the EPL. The reason is simple he is, like Boyd, a natural finisher who knows where to be at the right time.

The reason Boyds record in Europe and against Celtc is poor is because old Uncle Wattie will hardly play him in these games as it doesn't fit in with his ultra defensive formations. With better players putting the ball in the right area for him, Kris Boyd would score plenty goals in the EPL.

RoslinInstHibby
22-01-2010, 12:39 PM
:agree: Someone like Filipo Inzaghi doesn't have any work rate or footballing skill either but he bangs in goals season after season in a league with defences far harder to break down than the EPL. The reason is simple he is, like Boyd, a natural finisher who knows where to be at the right time.

The reason Boyds record in Europe and against Celtc is poor is because old Uncle Wattie will hardly play him in these games as it doesn't fit in with his ultra defensive formations. With better players putting the ball in the right area for him, Kris Boyd would score plenty goals in the EPL.

whilst i agree that Boyd would score goals in the EPL, i don't think he woudl a success at Villa or Birmingham.

Birmingham's recent succes had been to the graft all 11 players put in, they work incredibly hard for the team, Boyd does not have the ethic for that team. Cameron Jerome never stops running....

Villa is all about pacey counter attacking football, Heskey was signed for the size and pace that he offers. Boyd is to slow for Villa.

col02
22-01-2010, 01:37 PM
In a team set up like say Villa they have pace to burn on the wings and play a good pressing game in midfield. With this in mind I think Boyd despite having his faults would score a fair few goals for them. It is only if he went to a team that expected the front man to do something different like create his own chances that he may struggle a bit imho to shine.

J-C
22-01-2010, 01:57 PM

Can't remember Van Nistelroy running about like that, he knew how to score goals though. Boyd has a goalscorers eye, knows where to be at the right time, that's a god given talent and something you can't teach.

blueisthecolour
22-01-2010, 05:57 PM
Martin O'Neil has said he is not going to sign Boyd.

greenlex
22-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Martin O'Neil has said he is not going to sign Boyd cos he is a fat hun bassa.
Fixed that for you. :greengrin

ancient hibee
22-01-2010, 06:35 PM
He'll be off this weekend then.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
22-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Not sure why O'Neill doesn't want to sign him. He'd get more goals then Carew and Heskey put together. Is it cos Boyd's an arch proddy?

If I was Benitez I'd take Boyd. Kuyt and Ngog are not scoring near enough, both crap in fact.

Broken Gnome
22-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Not sure why O'Neill doesn't want to sign him. He'd get more goals then Carew and Heskey put together. Is it cos Boyd's an arch proddy?

If I was Benitez I'd take Boyd. Kuyt and Ngog are not scoring near enough, both crap in fact. Villa wouldn't make half the chances they do if it wasn't for the likes of heskey and carew. They are far more rounded players than kris boyd, therefore almost every premiership manager would take the two villa players ahead of boyd. People are being a tad naive, he's not going to stand still and finish him everything thats sent his way because managers need more. Everyone that thinks boyd would attract a lot of interest should ask themselves why steven fletcher attracted 3m bids way before now...

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
22-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Villa wouldn't make half the chances they do if it wasn't for the likes of heskey and carew. They are far more rounded players than kris boyd, therefore almost every premiership manager would take the two villa players ahead of boyd. People are being a tad naive, he's not going to stand still and finish him everything thats sent his way because managers need more. Everyone that thinks boyd would attract a lot of interest should ask themselves why steven fletcher attracted 3m bids way before now...

I don't rate Heskey but I'll give you Carew, good player. If I was an EPL manager - outwith Arsenal, Man Citeh, Chelsea and Man U - I'd sign Boyd in a heartbeat. He's costing only wages and a signing on fee after all.

Broken Gnome
22-01-2010, 07:49 PM
i don't particularly rate heskey either but he's a relevant example of the type of forward that enjoys a successful career. He must have played for about 5 different premiership clubs and i'd wager many others have missed out on him - its the strength, talent and link up play that make a forward down there rather than goalscoring up here. Boyd would have a huge amount to prove in england, and i'm far from convinced he would be anymore than a last resort bit part player for the vast majority of clubs.

Jim44
22-01-2010, 07:53 PM

O'Neill has probably sussed that Boyd is just a big parochial idiot who has and never will have any intention of playing for any club other than Rangers. Rather than have Boyd turning down Ason Villa, O'Neill has got in first to save face. The amusing thing is that Boyd is stringing the side he loves along to see how far he can stretch them , when ironically, I think, had they offered him much less than the quoted £18K, he would still have signed.

heretoday
22-01-2010, 10:45 PM
I hope he goes. It'll save a few goals against for us!

ScottB
23-01-2010, 12:18 AM
I can easily see him heading down south, racking him a huge amount of cash doing little before being freed or sold back to Rangers on the cheap.

I think the real question could be, can Rangers afford to keep him? Are they hoping he will sign for a club down south to save them the cash?

KWJ
23-01-2010, 02:56 AM
While I don't like Boyd I'd love to see him go down there and bang in the goals. Just like I'm happy to see the Bazmeister do a great job down there and other ex SPL players. If Boyd can still stick it in the net then his star will rise and with it will the SPL's. Great for the national team as well if he could do it. It's a crime that he's not earned more caps and that's not only his fault.

The guys the most talented Scottish goalscorer since Ally McCoist and perhaps doesn't get the praise he merits from non hun lovers because he's not as likable as cheeky Ally.

And of course it's better for Hibs if he ****s off because Rangers have nobody to replace him. They could come in for the next Killie hitman after the ones they took and take Nish or Kyle :greengrin

KWJ
23-01-2010, 02:57 AM
oh, that's not to say he won't go down there and sit on the bench moaning btw.