PDA

View Full Version : Potential Right Back?

duncs
21-01-2010, 10:47 AM
This has a lot of 'if, buts and maybes' about it, but what about Mortiz Volz?

Currently a free agent, has been training with Schalke and attracting the interest of Hertha Berlin but still living in London, would it be worth a punt on a six month deal at least? Maybe wages would be a stumbling block, but if we allowed him to commute or keep up his media work etc, do you reckon it would be a go-er?

JE89
21-01-2010, 10:52 AM

Currently a free agent, has been training with Schalke and attracting the interest of Hertha Berlin but still living in London, would it be worth a punt on a six month deal at least? Maybe wages would be a stumbling block, but if we allowed him to commute or keep up his media work etc, do you reckon it would be a go-er?

Think you've answered your own question there.

LancsHibs
21-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Was linked with us in the summer, not gonna happen IMO. Wish there was something in it tho'

hibbie02
21-01-2010, 10:55 AM
I thought he had signed for Schalke.....:confused:

Andy74
21-01-2010, 11:11 AM

I'd be pretty shocked if this one went through, was discussed in the summer but not sure what the current position is. He's a real livewire though. Electric pace.

Jonnyboy
21-01-2010, 12:25 PM
I'd be pretty shocked if this one went through, was discussed in the summer but not sure what the current position is. He's a real livewire though. Electric pace.

Pity he's plug ugly :wink:

Speedy
21-01-2010, 12:30 PM
I think this one has already done the rounds in this plaice?

...sorry wrong pun :greengrin

Jonnyboy
21-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I think this one has already done the rounds in this plaice?

...sorry wrong pun :greengrin

It has deano but in the event that some posters may have missed that thread I thought it was time to socket to them :wink:

Sergey
21-01-2010, 12:42 PM

I think the new French lad Marceau can play at CH and RB.

Removed
21-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Quietly effective. Almost literally :agree:

MWHIBBIES
21-01-2010, 01:14 PM
We should have a go at trying to get him because i can not imagen he was on to much money af fulham+ he did go on loan to wimbeldon from arsenal so if they could pay his wages surly we could.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2010, 01:24 PM
We should have a go at trying to get him because i can not imagen he was on to much money af fulham+ he did go on loan to wimbeldon from arsenal so if they could pay his wages surly we could.

I agree, and its good to see someone being positive for a change.

GreenArmyyy!
21-01-2010, 01:42 PM
I speak to yogi on a Friday as i sell fish to him and when i saw him last friday i recommended a full back that plays for Cardiff to him, he is not a person that gives anything away he doesn't ever reveal who will or wont be playing on the day after so this could be interesting as he was closing the door he said " he's no better than paul caddis" so i reckon we might see him in the famous green and white before the end of the month. GGTTH :thumbsup:

H18sry
21-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I speak to yogi on a Friday as i sell fish to him and when i saw him last friday i recommended a full back that plays for Cardiff to him, he is not a person that gives anything away he doesn't ever reveal who will or wont be playing on the day after so this could be interesting as he was closing the door he said " he's no better than paul caddis" so i reckon we might see him in the famous green and white before the end of the month. GGTTH :thumbsup:

Not another dodgy rumour from a fish man :devil:

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2010, 01:45 PM

Non

GreenArmyyy!
21-01-2010, 01:56 PM
im only 17 im just the fishmongers assistant but close enough :greengrin whether its true or not remains to be seen but that was what he said, hope its true though because from what ive seen he looks a steady right back which is exactly what we need right now :notworthy:

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2010, 01:58 PM
im only 17 im just the fishmongers assistant but close enough :greengrin whether its true or not remains to be seen but that was what he said, hope its true though because from what ive seen he looks a steady right back which is exactly what we need right now :notworthy:

So, you don't actually monger the fish yourself? :confused:

It's another rule of :hnet: that only the main monger gets to post rumours on here.

GreenArmyyy!
21-01-2010, 02:01 PM
nope i just flog it to the customers :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
21-01-2010, 02:02 PM

So what is St.Yogi's taste in fish? I think he's probably a kipper man...

GreenArmyyy!
21-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Nope He's Mad About His Salmon :greengrin

Removed
21-01-2010, 02:17 PM
So what is St.Yogi's taste in fish? I think he's probably a kipper man...

Français poisson, de préférence le type de silencieux :agree:

Aldo
21-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Not this again. Did we not have a 5000 post thread this in the summer. This is absolutely "SHOCKING" in my view.

What next I wonder.

Sean1875
21-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I thought he had signed for Schalke.....:confused:
pretty sure he has :agree:

duncs
21-01-2010, 03:22 PM

Not according to his blog on his website, http://www.volzy.com/diary.php

He was training with them in Spain, but hasn't signed.

HibbyAndy
21-01-2010, 04:30 PM

Is that your actual job or is it work plaicement?

hibbie02
21-01-2010, 04:40 PM

Actually maybes naw efterall!! And no going to Berlin either. From his Blog:

20th January 2010

Over the weekend, Hertha Berlin made a statement that said they were considering taking me. They've had a tricky first half of the season and were obviously considering different options, one being me. But after a convincing win on the weekend they've decided to give the people they already have at the club a bit more of a shot, especially as they signed a few right-sided players in the summer, which means that at this moment in time they've withdrawn their interest in me. So it doesn't look like I'll be heading to Berlin any time soon. But I'm still making contact with various people at clubs and am still feeling very positive and looking forward to what's ahead towards the end of the month which is when most things actually start to happen.

greenlex
21-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Nope He's Mad About His Salmon :greengrin

Connor Salmon that plays for Killie? :confused:

Sean1875
21-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Not according to his blog on his website, http://www.volzy.com/diary.php (http://www.volzy.com/diary.php)

He was training with them in Spain, but hasn't signed.
your right, never got offered a deal, my bad. :greengrin

.Sean.
21-01-2010, 08:00 PM
:greengrin

I just laughed out loud!

The apprentice Fishmonger posting rumours :faf::faf::faf:

I'm_cabbaged
21-01-2010, 08:34 PM

Never gets out the box though. :wink:

Mibbes Aye
21-01-2010, 08:45 PM

:faf:

It would be good if we could indicate some interest in him though. Even a gesture :dunno:

Disc O'Dave
21-01-2010, 09:44 PM

:top marks

Well, if there's anyone who we can be sure has signed, it's him.

Dave

Billychaotic182
21-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Why have we never tried Sean Welsh there? I think he could do that Job

hfc rd
21-01-2010, 11:51 PM
Would love to see Voltz sign for Hibs. But I can't see it happening mainly for, Wages and the clubs that are interested in the guy i.e. Schalke & Hertha Berlin.

The_Horde
21-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Skacel to sign. :agree:

MWHIBBIES
22-01-2010, 01:58 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Etame_Mayer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lauren_Etame_Mayer)

Another good free agent right back there:wink: