PDA

View Full Version : Mark Brown

Last Minute
21-01-2010, 09:19 AM
In the Daily Express today saying that hibs are having talks with Mark Brown the Celtic keeper as they got permission yesterday to talk to him. not a bad keeper and would be a good signing with him and smith fighting for the number 1 spot.:thumbsup:

Thoughts please

CorrieHibs
21-01-2010, 09:23 AM
In the Daily Express today saying that hibs are having talks with Mark Brown the Celtic keeper as they got permission yesterday to talk to him. not a bad keeper and would be a good signing with him and smith fighting for the number 1 spot.:thumbsup:

Thoughts please

Just seen that as well. Sounds good news another good keeper what is happening here. Obviousy it is goodbye Maka and what about Flynn?

Bayern Bru
21-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Can he play right back?
:wink:

I think this could signal the end for Maka, either that or Yogi's not confident on Stack's long term fitness.

There was once a time when I would have loved to have seen Mark Brown and Graeme Smith at ER, so...not too unhappy!

Andy74
21-01-2010, 09:25 AM

Thoughts please

And Stack?

I'd be happy for this, if they are all happy that there would be three keepers at the club they are all far better than what we had.

Oh, and bye Maka!

Cal 7-0
21-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Always liked Brown at Inverness said before Stack and Smith got here I'd have liked to see him at Hibs. Not bad competition for the number one, but would he want that or rather somewhere he get a game regular after bench warming at septic?

Dashing Bob S
21-01-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't believe this. How many keepers do we need?

You can only play one at a time.

Steve20
21-01-2010, 09:30 AM
We don't need another Keeper. We need a right back and a creative midfielder.

Andy74
21-01-2010, 09:31 AM

Ideally you need three all capable of playing.

You need two for each match so if one is injured you need three.

Flynn isn't ready and Maka is evidently on the way out.

The trouble is a club like us can't keep three really good keepers happy so I'd be surprised if we ended up with those three.

persevere1875
21-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Likewise, how many keepers do we need, would have thought there were other issues to address more important than adding yet another keeper to the squad unless anyone knows of any clubs actively chasing any of our current crop of keepers

:grr:

Expecting Rain
21-01-2010, 09:33 AM
We don't need another Keeper. We need a right back and a creative midfielder.

Steve, we`ve got a creative midfielder his name is Liam Miller, agree about the right back though.

Andy74
21-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Likewise, how many keepers do we need, would have thought there were other issues to address more important than adding yet another keeper to the squad unless anyone knows of any clubs actively chasing any of our current crop of keepers

:grr:

And you think we are doing nothing elsewhere?

This type of answer always gets my goat, we are in the process of building the whole squad, we need better than we have everywhere. Yes, there may be priorities from time to time but you also have to be aware of what is out there and when, and you may have to do things in an order that doesn't seem to match the immediate needs.

This is a marathon not a sprint and I'm more than happy to see we are working at improving all areas of the team.

Aubenas
21-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Sensible move. Yogi already said he wanted a 'team of keepers'. If they wouldn't be happy in that set up, they needn't sign, but I would imagine Smith, Brown and Stack all reckon they would be No 1.

Looking at it from Yogi's pointy of view. Crucial time of the season - if anything happens to Smith, we're basically goosed. Maka not the answer, Flynn not ready, who knows what will happen to Stack's disc injury. If he has Brown, Stack and Smith all fit and one of them is peed off come the end of the season, we can make some money and move him on.
I think belt and braces is a good way forward given our recent instability in this area.

Not sure of his previous work, but sounds like this might also be the way that Scott Thomson feels he can get the best out of his keepers - fierce competition.

Bayern Bru
21-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Sensible move. Yogi already said he wanted a 'team of keepers'. If they wouldn't be happy in that set up, they needn't sign, but I would imagine Smith, Brown and Stack all reckon they would be No 1.

Looking at it from Yogi's pointy of view. Crucial time of the season - if anything happens to Smith, we're basically goosed. Maka not the answer, Flynn not ready, who knows what will happen to Stack's disc injury. If he has Brown, Stack and Smith all fit and one of them is peed off come the end of the season, we can make some money and move him on.
I think belt and braces is a good way forward given our recent instability in this area.

Not sure of his previous work, but sounds like this might also be the way that Scott Thomson feels he can get the best out of his keepers - fierce competition.

:top marks

Reckon you've hit the nail on the head there Aub. I expect Flynn might be loaned out somewhere to allow him experience, thus leaving us with Smith, Stack and Brown - I don't see Maka lasting long at Hibs.

CallumLaidlaw
21-01-2010, 09:42 AM
good goalie, but surely the finance would be better spent elsewhere??

tony higgins
21-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Thoughts please

ex celtic goalkeepers, scary scary stuff.

number 27
21-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Is this an immediate thing or a pre-contract for the summer does anyone know?

persevere1875
21-01-2010, 09:47 AM
And you think we are doing nothing elsewhere?

This type of answer always gets my goat, we are in the process of building the whole squad, we need better than we have everywhere. Yes, there may be priorities from time to time but you also have to be aware of what is out there and when, and you may have to do things in an order that doesn't seem to match the immediate needs.

This is a marathon not a sprint and I'm more than happy to see we are working at improving all areas of the team.

Agreed we are in the process of building a whole squad and agreed he may have to do things in an order that doesnt appear to match immediate needs, and that he is undoubtably doing things elswhere in the squad, but surely the squad as a whole has to be kept within the wage budget set and adding another keeper to the budget unless as I stated anyone knows of another club actively chasing one of the current crop seems to me a bit non-sensical

Steve20
21-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Steve, we`ve got a creative midfielder his name is Liam Miller, agree about the right back though.

I still think we need another one. We really don't create that much during games.

Andy74
21-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Agreed we are in the process of building a whole squad and agreed he may have to do things in an order that doesnt appear to match immediate needs, and that he is undoubtably doing things elswhere in the squad, but surely the squad as a whole has to be kept within the wage budget set and adding another keeper to the budget unless as I stated anyone knows of another club actively chasing one of the current crop seems to me a bit non-sensical

Maka is out of contract in the summer so issue solved. We need three that would have us with three. Better to get that sorted now than scrabbling in the summer once we've punted the big man?

persevere1875
21-01-2010, 09:51 AM
In that case Andy you've answered my question, I sincerely hope your Goat is no longet Got :wink:

RickyS
21-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Maka is out of contract in the summer so issue solved. We need three that would have us with three. Better to get that sorted now than scrabbling in the summer once we've punted the big man?
:agree:

Oscar Lomax
21-01-2010, 10:04 AM
I would be happy having Smith and Stack fighting it out for the number one jersey and keeping the young lad at Easter Road. Maka SHOULD be leaving anyway.
Priority NOW though is getting a decent centre half and a right back !
Yogi knows we need these positions strengthened, so cant see why we are in discussions to sign ANOTHER goalie, plus I cant see Stack, Smith or Brown being happy about being SECOND choice, never mind THIRD !

hibsbollah
21-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Yogi has said he wants four keepers and also stated his support for Maka after the Rangers game. Its not inconceivable that Maka stays, assuming he accepts a new contract offer. If I was Maka though, id try my luck elsewhere.

Velma Dinkley
21-01-2010, 10:13 AM
If Maka's contract is up in the summer and Smith is only with us on a short-term deal with the hope of moving back to England, and Stack's back is dodgy, we could be left with just Flynn!

18Craig75
21-01-2010, 10:14 AM
In my view, this is great news. He was an excellent keeper before Celtc, hopefully a while in the wilderness hasn't changed that. I don't see how anyone can be unhappy about this, we're looking at adding quality to the squad, so how can this be a bad thing? Yes there are other positions that need addressed more urgently than the GK, however, I'm sure behind the scenes we are still working hard on identifying/bringing in players for those positions. I would start getting worried if Hibs came out and said 'we are signing Mark Brown INSTEAD of a right back'. Basically I don't think Yogi's daft, and therefore knows where we need strengthened, but if a player who is arguably better than what we have for a position that we are relatively well covered for, why shouldn't we sign him!

Andy74
21-01-2010, 10:17 AM
I would be happy having Smith and Stack fighting it out for the number one jersey and keeping the young lad at Easter Road. Maka SHOULD be leaving anyway.
Priority NOW though is getting a decent centre half and a right back !
Yogi knows we need these positions strengthened, so cant see why we are in discussions to sign ANOTHER goalie, plus I cant see Stack, Smith or Brown being happy about being SECOND choice, never mind THIRD !

Would you be happy with Flynn in goals now or next season? I wouldn't, so in a situation where you have one keeper injured or susepended you need a decent one to come into the bench.

I doubt any of the three would be happy not playing either but let them worry about that, it's an ideal situation for us.

That said, this is just a rumour! I can see our additional keeper if we get one being an older guy or a youngster but with more experience than Flynn who is able to play if need be but wouldn't be upset about not playing.

hibsbollah
21-01-2010, 10:21 AM
In my view, this is great news. He was an excellent keeper before Celtc, hopefully a while in the wilderness hasn't changed that. I don't see how anyone can be unhappy about this, we're looking at adding quality to the squad, so how can this be a bad thing? Yes there are other positions that need addressed more urgently than the GK, however, I'm sure behind the scenes we are still working hard on identifying/bringing in players for those positions. I would start getting worried if Hibs came out and said 'we are signing Mark Brown INSTEAD of a right back'. Basically I don't think Yogi's daft, and therefore knows where we need strengthened, but if a player who is arguably better than what we have for a position that we are relatively well covered for, why shouldn't we sign him!

Its potentially an excellent signing. Sounds like he's impressed at Kilmarnock, MOTM performance in December here...
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/scotland/article6946902.ece
If Celtic hadnt been demanding a fee in July we could have got him last year and his career wouldnt have spent 6 months stagnating. Same old story.

Oscar Lomax
21-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Maka is never good enough for Hibs or SPL level.
I just cant see keepers like Smith, Borwn or Stack being happy playing second fiddle to one another.
Its defenders we need.

Andy74
21-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Maka is never good enough for Hibs or SPL level.
I just cant see keepers like Smith, Borwn or Stack being happy playing second fiddle to one another.
Its defenders we need.

I'm not sure all that fits together.

Maka not good enough, you are right, so he will go.

You can't see the likes of Stack, Smith or Brown playing second fiddle.

Okay, so do you not bother signing good players for that position? do we want untried youngsters, guys past it, or guys with no ambition to be a number one? Would you happy with those guys playing if the one we deccide is our number one is injured or suspended.

What would be the point in adding to our defence if the keeping position was weak?

If you applied the same sort of thing to the defence why would we have guys being happy to play second fiddle to Bamba, Hogg, Murray, Hanlon, McCormack and maybe Thicot?

I suppose you'd suggest we need better than what we have, we need cover and we need competition? Agreed, so same goes for the goalkeeping position.

Dan Sarf
21-01-2010, 11:14 AM

Wait a minute! This gives me an idea... :greengrin

Hibs7
21-01-2010, 11:59 AM
If they are all good it could be a rotational position

Peevemor
21-01-2010, 12:04 PM

:tsk tsk: Not good for the defence.

Baker9
21-01-2010, 12:22 PM

42 if necessary! For years now we have suffered at the slippy hands of our goalkeepers. Smith, Brown and Stack in that order. Problem solved for the next decade. Great longterm move if it happens.:agree:

BEEJ
21-01-2010, 12:55 PM
I recall Yogi saying somewhere that he wanted our next new keeper to be of the 21 - 22 years age range.

Mark Brown is older than that, isn't he? :confused:

Love the Green
21-01-2010, 01:22 PM

Thoughts please

With Smith,Stack(if fit), Kalamity and the young lad why would a goalie be top priority.
Suely a RB, CD, Playmaker in midfield and a big strong pacey fro nt man are more needed.

"keep the faith":wink:

Broken Gnome
21-01-2010, 02:09 PM
I would hazard a guess that any scepticism over this (if true) comes down to wages. Stack and Smith would likely be on about £1500 a week, which remains a notable wage for an SPL club. Mark Brown would command roughly the same. For a squad already with the likes of Riordan, Stokes and Millar on top dollar, with the added hope of Ian Murray achieving the same, it wouldn't leave that much room for movement on the face of it. Three keepers taking up nearly £6k of wages would all be well and good if there remained significant money elsewhere to attract outfield players.

All depends how much Hibs have in their budget.

Hakim Sar
21-01-2010, 02:34 PM
Goodbye yves makabu makelele mcmanaman makalambay

Cheers

Cheerio

Hakim Sar
21-01-2010, 02:44 PM
should just sign walter zenga eh

Sean1875
21-01-2010, 03:28 PM
dont need another keeper taking up the wage bill, would rather we signed a top class right back and shelled out abit more on wages than waste some of what we have left on a player we dont need.

IMO both Stack and Smith are better than him.

southern hibby
21-01-2010, 06:59 PM
He might be coming in the summer and maybe Yogi has learned that releasing a player before you get one in can be a bit of a nuisance.

I mean he let DVZ leave without getting a right back in and were still on the look out for one. This to me is a the best route to take if he knows that Maki is not up to scratch and leaving. If there is a chance that Stack's injury is long term or at anytime the chance of him being side lined for a while if it comes back.

I agree we need other areas strengthening and money could be better spent however i'm sure Yogi has a plan and he is (as he has said on numerous occassions now) making each position open to who wants to take the inititive and grab it.

We have came so far in so short a time and I really do believe there will be several stumbling blocks to overcome along the way. However i've always believed that Hibs must take a quality player when they come along that we can afford, wants to play for us and as we have the chance of another keeper fighting for the jersey then so be it.

IT CAN ONLY BE GOOD FOR US IN THE LONG RUN.

ZippytheHibee
21-01-2010, 07:55 PM
Always liked Brown as a player and was impressed with his performances at ICT. Would be a welcome addition to our squad IMO.

.Sean.
21-01-2010, 07:56 PM
Why on earth would you want to rotate goalies :confused:

I don't want Brown. Let Maka go though, it's quite simple, Smith and Stack are two excellent keepers who should be left to fight it out over the position, and young Flynn will need to bide his time.

End of. A third experienced keeper is a waste of a wage, we're not Man United.

MrRobot
21-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Dont need him.

Think we have 3 very good goalkeepers as it is. Think Maka will be leaving but I hope he doesnt. Smith had a terrific game agaunst Dundee Utd.

Hibby 2005
21-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Reading between the lines, if this turns out to be true, it would appear Stack's injury is a concern to Yogi and that Maka is a gonner!

ScottB
21-01-2010, 09:01 PM
It's a shame we didn't go for him years ago really.

If he is coming, clearly it suggests either Stack's injury is career threatening, or that Smith is definitely off at the end of his deal. Can't see us having 3 first team keepers, if Flynn is apparently so incapable to not be trusted with being number 3 then he too needs punted.

I'm_cabbaged
21-01-2010, 09:05 PM

If he is coming, clearly it suggests either Stack's injury is career threatening, or that Smith is definitely off at the end of his deal. Can't see us having 3 first team keepers, if Flynn is apparently so incapable to not be trusted with being number 3 then he too needs punted.

I'm pretty sure we tried to get him from ICT? :confused:

brydekirk
21-01-2010, 09:24 PM
QUOTE=Hibby 2005;2317513]Reading between the lines, if this turns out to be true, it would appear Stack's injury is a concern to Yogi and that Maka is a gonner![/QUOTE]

:agree: i had the same injury. never worked for 2 yrs

hfc rd
21-01-2010, 11:54 PM
A decent keeper. But we need a RB more than we need a GK. If this does go through then expect Maka to be shown the door.

Andy74
22-01-2010, 09:08 AM

How many times does Hughes have to say that he wants 3 good keepers fighting it out? He's repeated it again today.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2010, 09:10 AM

I'm pretty sure we tried to get him from ICT? :confused:

We did - JC tried to get him IIRC but Celtic nipped in and offered him more money to sit on their bench for a couple of seasons.

LancsHibs
22-01-2010, 10:18 AM
How many times does Hughes have to say that he wants 3 good keepers fighting it out? He's repeated it again today.

Why though? Doesn't make much sense to me, its not like were Real Madrid is it!! Having Brown/Smith/Stack all wanting the No1 shirt is a bit OTT and a waste of a wage that could be better spent IMO, it will cause resentment & discontent as one of these keepers wont even be making the bench for long periods of the season.
IMO we need 2 good keepers with experience to challenge for the No1 spot and one good up and coming young keeper.
Unless of course as somebody else has stated Stacks injury is worse than thought and/or Smith is deffo moving on?? In which case Yogi is building for next season and it makes more sense

ahibby
22-01-2010, 10:20 AM
I would trust Yogi on this one. What I gather about the current goalies is Stack has an injury hanging over him wich could easily recurr again and again, Maka has looked every bit deserving of the Makalamity tag given him by some Chelsea fans and Smith has said he sees Hibs as a platform to put his career back on track, or words to that affect. So if it's given that all of that has some credence then having another goalie seems to be a shrewd and sensible move. I have been crying out for a RB and another CB but that was really based on Bamba not filling the role adequately, which in fact he has (maybe except for the Rangers game) and us not having a fit and recognised right back. McCormack is improving there IMO. However with Bamba away and McCormack being inconsistent and recently suspended we would benefit from having more cover for those positions and I'd like to see experienced cover even if it is players who can't play every game; they could swap with and fill in for the young players we are trying to bring through. That is much the way I see Stack; he is an experienced goalie who might not get an entire season but his experience and attitude is generally good for the team as a whole.

smurf
22-01-2010, 10:43 AM

Oh come on... Of course Yogi wants to have 3 good keepers fighting it out.

However, in reality do you really think Smith, Brown or Stack based on their careers thus far would be happy or accept being 3rd choice?

With no reserve football they'll be happy with a bounce game on a tuesday afternoon down East Mains?

IF Yogi signs Brown (who wasn't happy being understudy at Celtc) then IMO that means Stack is out the door.

Not only would there be two out of the three extremely pissed off i just don't see how a club our size with our resources can justify 3 keepers of that standing, and where they are in their careers, on the payroll.

IF we ended up with only 2 of they 3 (I think it would be Smith and Brown if the latter is signed) then i'd also say that unless one is unlucky with injury giving the other his turn then one of the two will be looking to move on fairly early on as neither Smith or Brown will accept not being number one with where they are in their careers.

Stack to me is better than a lot we've had in recent times but Smith and indeed Brown are far better.

Therefore i hope we end up with the problem of keeping Smith and Brown happy but i think the idea of keeping them two and Stack happy is a complete non starter.

Kerrplunk
22-01-2010, 11:04 AM
If we are in the market for another keeper, I'd rather see us go for Alexander from Rangers than Brown.....sure he is out of contract soon

Andy74
22-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Why though? Doesn't make much sense to me, its not like were Real Madrid is it!! Having Brown/Smith/Stack all wanting the No1 shirt is a bit OTT and a waste of a wage that could be better spent IMO, it will cause resentment & discontent as one of these keepers wont even be making the bench for long periods of the season.
IMO we need 2 good keepers with experience to challenge for the No1 spot and one good up and coming young keeper.
Unless of course as somebody else has stated Stacks injury is worse than thought and/or Smith is deffo moving on?? In which case Yogi is building for next season and it makes more sense

I think the recent Rangers game illustrates the point perfectly. We played an injured keeper because flynn wasn't ready.

We currently have 3 first team keepers - seems he wants to swap Maka for Brown, fair play on that.

It's not for us to worry about them being happy, great for us if they all want to fight it out.

blackpoolhibs
22-01-2010, 11:18 AM
I think the recent Rangers game illustrates the point perfectly. We played a useless twat because flynn wasn't ready.

We currently have 3 first team keepers - seems he wants to swap Maka for Brown, fair play on that.

It's not for us to worry about them being happy, great for us if they all want to fight it out.

I have corrected the mistake for you Andy.

Hibbyradge
22-01-2010, 11:20 AM

Thoughts please

That paper has never printed anything truthful about anything. Ever.

FACT.

Dashing Bob S
22-01-2010, 12:18 PM
Zero currency for Brown being a potential 3rd choice at Hibs when he can do the same at Parkhead on a bigger wage.

If he's coming then he's direct competition for Smith, and Maka and Staka, for the reasons already stated here, are toast.

Speedway
22-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Oh come on... Of course Yogi wants to have 3 good keepers fighting it out.

However, in reality do you really think Smith, Brown or Stack based on their careers thus far would be happy or accept being 3rd choice?

With no reserve football they'll be happy with a bounce game on a tuesday afternoon down East Mains?

IF Yogi signs Brown (who wasn't happy being understudy at Celtc) then IMO that means Stack is out the door.

Not only would there be two out of the three extremely pissed off i just don't see how a club our size with our resources can justify 3 keepers of that standing, and where they are in their careers, on the payroll.

IF we ended up with only 2 of they 3 (I think it would be Smith and Brown if the latter is signed) then i'd also say that unless one is unlucky with injury giving the other his turn then one of the two will be looking to move on fairly early on as neither Smith or Brown will accept not being number one with where they are in their careers.

Stack to me is better than a lot we've had in recent times but Smith and indeed Brown are far better.

Therefore i hope we end up with the problem of keeping Smith and Brown happy but i think the idea of keeping them two and Stack happy is a complete non starter.

If Brown joins, I think both Stack and Maka are gonners.

Andy74
22-01-2010, 12:32 PM

If Brown joins, I think both Stack and Maka are gonners.

So Hughes is blowing oot his erse when he says the Rangers game convinced him he needed 3 experienced goalkeepers?

I'd be surprised and delighted if we ended up with Brown, Stack and Smith but I'd think 3 is what he is after.

Is it any different though to what we have? We've got Smith, Stack and Maka right now and no-one is suggesting that any of them need to go right now go and should not be replaced. (Many are suggesting Maka should go of course)

Speedway
22-01-2010, 12:41 PM
So Hughes is blowing oot his erse when he says the Rangers game convinced him he needed 3 experienced goalkeepers?

I'd be surprised and delighted if we ended up with Brown, Stack and Smith but I'd think 3 is what he is after.

Is it any different though to what we have? We've got Smith, Stack and Maka right now and no-one is suggesting that any of them need to go right now go and should not be replaced. (Many are suggesting Maka should go of course)

Hughes is frequently blowing oot his erse but that wasn't the reason I was agreeing with Smurf's post.

I think that those three goalkeepers all need to be number 1 at this stage in their careers and they won't stick around if they're not and Maka is definitely on the way out if another keeper comes in, hence why I think him and Stack (of injuries) will be the ones to be sacrificed.

As a size of club that we are, we'll have two experienced netters and a junior like we've regularly had in the past.

cockneymike
22-01-2010, 12:57 PM
One thing that is quite interesting about all this though, is that it's another Scot he's looking to sign. So far the people he's brought in or been linked with (not all, but most) have been from UK/ ROI.

Stack
Miller
Stokes
Cregg
McBride
Smith

linked with
Anderson
Brown
Hart
Barr
Arfield
Swanson

Only exception I can think of, is the Norwegian CH, we had on trial, but nothing seems to have come of that. He did say that he liked to sign guys who he felt he could understand the mentality of, and it appears to be the case.

Andy74
22-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Hughes is frequently blowing oot his erse but that wasn't the reason I was agreeing with Smurf's post.

I think that those three goalkeepers all need to be number 1 at this stage in their careers and they won't stick around if they're not and Maka is definitely on the way out if another keeper comes in, hence why I think him and Stack (of injuries) will be the ones to be sacrificed.

As a size of club that we are, we'll have two experienced netters and a junior like we've regularly had in the past.

No, we'll have one more, just like we have now. If Maka goes he will be replaced. His replacement might even come in before he does.

Speedway
22-01-2010, 02:32 PM
No, we'll have one more, just like we have now. If Maka goes he will be replaced. His replacement might even come in before he does.

Do you see Brown Smith and Stack all happy to stay at Hibs whilst two of them don't play?

Andy74
22-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Do you see Brown Smith and Stack all happy to stay at Hibs whilst two of them don't play?

Long term no, I don't and if one of them goes he'd get replaced.

I'll say again I'll be surprised if Brown comes in these circumstances but I do think we will end up with 3 plus Flynn, just like we have now.

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2010, 02:54 PM
Long term no, I don't and if one of them goes he'd get replaced.

I'll say again I'll be surprised if Brown comes in these circumstances but I do think we will end up with 3 plus Flynn, just like we have now.

Yogi definitely said he wants 3 keepers plus Flynn. He did say though that his preference for the 3rd keeper would be a young guy in his early 20s that could be developed. Stack, Smith or Brown don’t fit that description.

Which means that he either can’t get a keeper in his early-20s or he’s still looking for one and only 2 of Stack, Smith and Brown will be staying at Hibs. Maybe Stack’s injury is a lot worse than we’ve been told?

Hibs Spain
22-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Yogi definitely said he wants 3 keepers plus Flynn. He did say though that his preference for the 3rd keeper would be a young guy in his early 20s that could be developed. Stack, Smith or Brown don’t fit that description.

Which means that he either can’t get a keeper in his early-20s or he’s still looking for one and only 2 of Stack, Smith and Brown will be staying at Hibs. Maybe Stack’s injury is a lot worse than we’ve been told?

I know of a young promising keeper in his early twenties :greengrin

WindyMiller
22-01-2010, 03:12 PM

Please naw!

Just dinnae go there.:rolleyes:

Danderhall Hibs
22-01-2010, 03:13 PM

He specified it had to be a keeper that could be developed. :greengrin

MontrealHibs
24-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Any more word on this, or is it a non-story?

Dashing Bob S
24-01-2010, 11:24 AM
It was a mistake, it was the wrong Brown. Si's coming home.

blackpoolhibs
24-01-2010, 11:26 AM
It was a mistake, it was the wrong Brown. Si's coming home.

:faf::faf:

MontrealHibs
24-01-2010, 11:27 AM
I heard Si was signing for Killie after learning they had better pies?