PDA

View Full Version : Fundraising at Easter Road

louby
20-01-2010, 10:00 PM
I am a member of a local edinburgh highland dance school and they are in the process of raising funds to take the kids to the USA to compete at championship level.

I have contacted Hibs to see if they would let the dancers have a collection outside the ground prior to an SPL match and then in exchange the girls could dance on the pitch as the half time entertainment. They lady on the phone was very nice and told me I would have to put the request in writing.

so I thought i would come on here and see if anyone else has approached the club with a request like this? what was the outcome - did they give their permission? and finally would you, as the fans, support this?

many thanks

***update****

Just wanted to thank all the Fans today (plus manager and players) for their kind donations

we managed to raise an amazing £732 and all the kids had a fab day

thank you all again :) :)

MSK
21-01-2010, 12:56 AM
I am a member of a local edinburgh highland dance school and they are in the process of raising funds to take the kids to the USA to compete at championship level.

I have contacted Hibs to see if they would let the dancers have a collection outside the ground prior to an SPL match and then in exchange the girls could dance on the pitch as the half time entertainment. They lady on the phone was very nice and told me I would have to put the request in writing.

so I thought i would come on here and see if anyone else has approached the club with a request like this? what was the outcome - did they give their permission? and finally would you, as the fans, support this?

many thanksHi Louby, welcome to hibs.net....i believe it is standard practice to write to the club with regards a matchday collection (buckets/tins)...over the season there have been agencies/charities collecting from various points around the stadium with the Dnipro appeal (set up by hibs fans for Ukranian orphanages) being a popular one.

Good luck & let us know how you get on....:aok:

monktonharp
21-01-2010, 01:25 AM

many thanksThey'd probably be better than half the highland dancers goin about wi' green blazers oan:duck: all joking apart though lou, if they are at championship level , i'm sure they will be considered for performing at half time as we've seen pub teams trying penalty kicks,pipe bands,young majorette troups etc over the years. the collection outside might need to be done a fair bit in advance though:dunno:

louby
21-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Thank you for your replies

It is good to know that Hibs have allowed other organistaions to have a collection outside the ground, just hope that the fans arent sick of having buckets rattled in front of them! Although I am sure it will be difficult for anyone to ignore these cute wee girls in their full kilt outfits!!

Most of the girls are of championship standard, however, on the day we would have some of our younger competitive dancers with us.

I am not a Hibs fan myself but my Grandad/Uncles etc have season tickets in the Famous Five stand - he will swell with pride seeing his 2 grandaughters dancing on the pitch at easter road.

Leithenhibby
21-01-2010, 01:28 PM

It is good to know that Hibs have allowed other organistaions to have a collection outside the ground, just hope that the fans arent sick of having buckets rattled in front of them! Although I am sure it will be difficult for anyone to ignore these cute wee girls in their full kilt outfits!!

Most of the girls are of championship standard, however, on the day we would have some of our younger competitive dancers with us.

I am not a Hibs fan myself but my Grandad/Uncles etc have season tickets in the Famous Five stand - he will swell with pride seeing his 2 grandaughters dancing on the pitch at easter road.

As HappyHibbie has already stated, putting it in writing is a must to get the ball rolling :cool2:

Having dealt with the event coordinator I found them to be very helpful :notworthy: Good Luck, and look forward to throwing my change in your bucket...(hopefully)

MSK
21-01-2010, 04:38 PM

I am not a Hibs fan myself but my Grandad/Uncles etc have season tickets in the Famous Five stand - he will swell with pride seeing his 2 grandaughters dancing on the pitch at easter road.Its something hibs fans are accustomed too Louby, i cant honestly remember the last time there wasnt some sort of collection in or around Easter rd on match day ...in fact hibs are well known for being a very charitable bunch as our history states, prob worth reading our front page if you ever get the chance, our very own Jonnyboy does a fantastic piece on the history of this great club (its on there somewhere if you have a good look)...:agree:

Lastly, this very place :hnet: is very charitable too with our fantastic users digging deep to buy half season tickets for disadvantaged kids as well as contributing financially to hibs youth development where we do cheque presentations on the pitch etc ...:notworthy:

Anyway..like i & others have said ..get that letter in pronto & let us know the result ..:thumbsup:

louby
11-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Quick update :

Hibs have very kindly granted us permission to hold our collection prior to the cup match vis ross county

Now we just need to wait for the council to give us a license.

so all you kind hearted hibees start savng up all your small change for us!! :)

louby
11-02-2010, 08:13 PM
another wee update :

spoke to the licensing people at the council and they have told me that it shouldnt be a problem getting the permissions needed. They are actually being very kind as the application can normally take up to 8 weeks but they have told me they will rush it through

so see you all on the 30th - keep saving all that spare change :wink:

basehibby
11-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Good stuff louby - will have a good sesh on the Fri night as that always seems to guarantee pockets full of smash the following day :drunk:

PS - "not a Hibs fan myself " ?!? well I've never heard the like - Get it sorted Petrie :grr:

PPS - All the best of luck to you and your troupe :thumbsup:

Leithenhibby
11-02-2010, 08:59 PM
another wee update :

spoke to the licensing people at the council and they have told me that it shouldnt be a problem getting the permissions needed. They are actually being very kind as the application can normally take up to 8 weeks but they have told me they will rush it through

so see you all on the 30th - keep saving all that spare change :wink:

Keep a look out for other Charity's at the game, you'll no get it all your own way.

Some Charity's don't have to apply for a license and could easily just turn up on the off chance.

Just give them the LOOK..:cool2:

Good Luck Louby....:thumbsup: (you got your dates right?..Hibs play Ross C on the 13th March..)

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290,00.html

jabis
11-02-2010, 09:07 PM
I will be donating,they don't wear the Hibs tartan by any chance :greengrin

Good luck in the USA(which part?) and don't forget to give the Hibees a mention :thumbsup:

Keep us updated !

louby
11-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Keep a look out for other Charity's at the game, you'll no get it all your own way.

Some Charity's don't have to apply for a license and could easily just turn up on the off chance.

Just give them the LOOK..:cool2:

Good Luck Louby....:thumbsup: (you got your dates right?..Hibs play Ross C on the 13th March..)

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290,00.html (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Fixtures/0,,10290,00.html)

hmmmm, now i am confused as the lady at hibs who organises all the collections etc said it was the 30th! although maybe she did say 13th and I picked her up wrong!! Will have to get that date changed on my council application

I will be donating,they don't wear the Hibs tartan by any chance :greengrin

Good luck in the USA(which part?) and don't forget to give the Hibees a mention :thumbsup:

Keep us updated !

Hey sorry none of them wear hibs kilts!! one of the rules in the dress code is that it must be a clan registered tartan so football tartans are not allowed.

The competition they will be going to is the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games in North Carolina. I have been lucky enough to have visited before and it is a fantastic weekend. Their website is www.gmhg.org (http://www.gmhg.org) for anyone that fancies a wee look.

I can guarantee that hibs will definatley get a mention, the Evening news normally covers the girls return and i will make sure we thank everyone who has supported us.

many thanks to everyone for their replies, I will let you all know how we get on

monktonharp
11-02-2010, 11:28 PM
dont be afraid to rattle the collection boxes in the faces of folk in the queues.Ialways think the women stand on their own,quietly,hoping someone will walk up and put cash in. so let everyone know,loudly and dinnae be shy.:greengrin

Removed
11-02-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't mind putting money in tins but anyone know why most collectors these days don't give you a wee sticker for your jacket?

Stops me feeling guilty walking past the other collectors and blanking them or saying 'I put in the other bucket' and you can see the :rolleyes: and hear a silent 'aye right ya tight fisted bassa' :greengrin

louby
09-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I just wanted to bring this back up to the top as the collection will be held on Saturday.

I understand that there are collections outside the ground every week and we will really appreciate any help you can give to us. So please save up your spare change over the week and throw it into our buckets. I am sure when you all see the wee cuties in their full kilt outfits it will melt your heart.

See you all on Saturday :wink: :wink: :wink:

MSK
09-03-2010, 07:52 PM
I just wanted to bring this back up to the top as the collection will be held on Saturday.

I understand that there are collections outside the ground every week and we will really appreciate any help you can give to us. So please save up your spare change over the week and throw it into our buckets. I am sure when you all see the wee cuties in their full kilt outfits it will melt your heart.

See you all on Saturday :wink: :wink: :wink:Good luck Louby ..hope ye raise loads !!! :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2010, 07:57 PM
FFS Another band of bucket rattling bandits, if it's not in Tesco's or Asda it's outside football stadia gi us a rest.

KerPlunk
09-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Quick update :

Hibs have very kindly granted us permission to hold our collection prior to the cup match vis ross county

Now we just need to wait for the council to give us a license.

so all you kind hearted hibees start savng up all your small change for us!! :)

Pardon my ignorance but if you have received permission to collect from the club, why do you need another from the Cooncil ? :confused:

Is this another bloody Health + Safety / Stasi / Big Govt. requirement ?

louby
09-03-2010, 08:04 PM
FFS Another band of bucket rattling bandits, if it's not in Tesco's or Asda it's outside football stadia gi us a rest.

You are entitled to your opinion, however I can assure you that no-one will be forced or pestered into making a donation so if you would rather not then just walk on by and enjoy your day :)

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, however I can assure you that no-one will be forced or pestered into making a donation so if you would rather not then just walk on by and enjoy your day :)

He's a moaning bassa :agree: It was keeping seats last week :greengrin

MSK
09-03-2010, 08:07 PM
You are entitled to your opinion, however I can assure you that no-one will be forced or pestered into making a donation so if you would rather not then just walk on by and enjoy your day :)Louby just ignore him ....theres always someone gonna mump their gums ..:wink:

louby
09-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Pardon my ignorance but if you have received permission to collect from the club, why do you need another from the Cooncil ? :confused:

Is this another bloody Health + Safety / Stasi / Big Govt. requirement ?

In order to conduct a street collection you are required to have a license from the council and are required to show this to the club on the day. Or anyone else that would like to see it to verify that this is a certified collection not just someone who fancies some extra cash for a night out!

After the collection we are required to provide the council with the total amount raised and proof of how it has been spent.

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:11 PM
In order to conduct a street collection you are required to have a license from the council and are required to show this to the club on the day. Or anyone else that would like to see it to verify that this is a certified collection not just someone who fancies some extra cash for a night out!

After the collection we are required to provide the council with the total amount raised and proof of how it has been spent.

No, you need a licence :grr:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=177065 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=177065)

and you'll need to pay a tenner to look at that :greengrin

beccathehibee
09-03-2010, 08:13 PM
My wee girl is a highland dancer and we are going to the game on Saturday, we will definatly be happy to put sum money in the buckets for the girls.
I hope your dancers raise lots of money for their trip and good luck!!

:thumbsup:

louby
09-03-2010, 08:20 PM
No, you need a licence :grr:

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=177065 (http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=177065)

and you'll need to pay a tenner to look at that :greengrin

have I done something to offend you?? I have come on here looking for support for a local dance group - it is entirely your decision if you choose to do so or not. If you are not interested then ignore the thread.

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:23 PM
have I done something to offend you?? I have come on here looking for support for a local dance group - it is entirely your decision if you choose to do so or not. If you are not interested then ignore the thread.

:faf:

You should be thanking me for bumping your thread up :greengrin

Please don't confuse me with Scouse Hibee :agree:

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2010, 08:32 PM

Never

hibbymac
09-03-2010, 08:37 PM

Why would anyone do that??.... do you abuse young girls on a messageboard? :wink:

Removed
09-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Why would anyone do that??.... do you abuse young girls on a messageboard? :wink:

:greengrin

No, but I entice them to all my saved seats BTG with pies & stovies

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2010, 08:41 PM

Hey steady on!

hibbymac
09-03-2010, 08:42 PM
:greengrin

No, but I entice them to all my saved seats BTG with pies & stovies
:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
09-03-2010, 08:47 PM

Hope you get loads of dosh Louby.:thumbsup:

louby
09-03-2010, 08:50 PM

Sorry I just realised my error!!

Thank you to everyone who has posted on the thread and thanks in advance to all you kind hearted fans who donate

Scouse Hibee
09-03-2010, 08:53 PM

Thank you to everyone who has posted on the thread and thanks in advance to all you kind hearted fans who donate

Scouse Hibee's not that bad, I'll make a donation and if you wear a shirt with Louby on the back I'll give it to you personally to prove it!

Leithenhibby
09-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Good Luck Louby...:notworthy:

Golden Bear
10-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Louby - you're obviously putting a lot of work into Saturday's fundraiser and I hope your efforts are generously rewarded.

Just ignore the couple of "less than encouraging" posts - it's standard practice on this messageboard.

Best of luck.

:Awright!:

monktonharp
10-03-2010, 01:21 PM

Thank you to everyone who has posted on the thread and thanks in advance to all you kind hearted fans who donatei just got back from a wee break in USA so any small cash,dollars will go in yer box. do you take Euros btw:greengrin

Leithenhibby
10-03-2010, 09:33 PM
...:wink:

Leithenhibby
13-03-2010, 08:17 AM
It's now time to get all the £1, 50p, 20p 10p coins from under the bed and stick them where it matters...:wink: In Louby's bucket..

Have a good day Louby & Gang..:thumbsup:

Keep us posted on how it goes..:notworthy:

MSK
13-03-2010, 08:38 AM
It's now time to get all the £1, 50p, 20p 10p coins from under the bed and stick them where it matters...:wink: In Louby's bucket..

Have a good day Louby & Gang..:thumbsup:

Keep us posted on how it goes..:notworthy:Or 5p's 2p's & 1p's ...:embarrass

Happy collecting Louby ...:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
13-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Happy collecting Louby:thumbsup:

louby
13-03-2010, 11:59 PM
Just wanted to thank all the Fans today (plus manager and players) for their kind donations

monktonharp
14-03-2010, 12:18 AM
glad you got that much.the buckets looked rather empty at the back of the FF STAND,about 15 mins before ko

fatbloke
14-03-2010, 12:24 AM
Question - who were the 2 women on Albion Road collecting for. They had yellow buckets nothing like the dancers ones. Rogues or what?

jakki
14-03-2010, 12:30 AM

Louby, I had hoped it might have been more but times are tight these days.Glad you all enjoyed yourselves. It's not a pleasant job rattling buckets but you did well.

AndyB_70
14-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Question - who were the 2 women on Albion Road collecting for. They had yellow buckets nothing like the dancers ones. Rogues or what?
I think they are from Marie Curie. Regardless of who has permission from Hibs to collect at the ground I think they take up a position just far enough away to be out of the limits Hibs have. Although as a charity they do some good work I always think that it seems unfair that they do this thus competing against other charities. They seem to be there every home game.

ronaldo7
14-03-2010, 07:24 AM

Well done Louby.

You certainly made the most of the day. Having put into buckets before the game, to then find a couple of lassies dancing in the street behind the FF after the game = more money doled out:top marks

The Harp
14-03-2010, 10:56 AM

Certainly not rogues, if it's the two ladies who are there most weeks collecting for Marie Curie cancer care, you're referring to.
Also seen one of them collecting in city centre pubs on a Friday evening.
A very worthy cause.

MSK
14-03-2010, 10:59 AM

thank you all again :) :)Well done Louby & the kids ...:thumbsup:

archiebald
14-03-2010, 12:08 PM
Its getting worse than Princess Street.

louby
14-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Well done Louby.

You certainly made the most of the day. Having put into buckets before the game, to then find a couple of lassies dancing in the street behind the FF after the game = more money doled out:top marks

That would have been my youngest daughter that you saw.

The girls all had a fantastic day and they didnt want to go home. We certainly made the most of the opportunity and were delighted with the amount we raised, as another poster stated before kick off the buckets were all left pretty empty so we took the decision to hang around till full time.

A couple of the girls went round to catch players, hospitality etc etc and did very well. John Hughes had come out to sign autographs/have photos taken with fans and the 2 girls started dancing in front of him and rattling the buckets - he then made their day, as both of them being hibs fans, he took them to the changing room to get his wallet :) Many of the players, backroom staff etc of both Hibs and Ross County gave generously.

We will be using the money raised yesterday to pay for all the girls competition entry fee (roughly $50 per child) and putting the rest towards our coach hire etc while over there - we have a few other fundraising events before we go and hope they are all as successful.

Thank you once again to all the support on here and to all who parted with their money.

MSK
14-03-2010, 12:27 PM
Its getting worse than Princess Street.Aye them trams are a bugger eh !!

CropleyWasGod
14-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Its getting worse than Princess Street.

Where's that?:confused:

fatbloke
14-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Certainly not rogues, if it's the two ladies who are there most weeks collecting for Marie Curie cancer care, you're referring to.
Also seen one of them collecting in city centre pubs on a Friday evening.
A very worthy cause.

OOPS rogues was wrong word - just wondered if they were unauthorised. I chucked a quid in didn't know who it was for. If Marie Curie then I am happy that my quid will be well spent.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Leithenhibby
14-03-2010, 03:30 PM
OOPS rogues was wrong word - just wondered if they were unauthorised. I chucked a quid in didn't know who it was for. If Marie Curie then I am happy that my quid will be well spent.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I think Marie Curie Cancer Care have a licence that allows them to collect anywhere...

I do think that they do a fantastic job and from my own experience they are wonderful people, BUT, can't help but think it's a wee tad unfair on the Charity's (like Louby's Lassies) that have to apply to Council..

Well Done Louby..:notworthy: