PDA

View Full Version : Improving the atmosphere - Update

Keith_M
20-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Firstly, thanks for all your suggestions on the 'How do we improve the atmosphere at ER' thread :thumbsup:

I've finally got round to reading everything and one suggestion in particular stood out, that of having a flag day (from 'HFC 1875'). There was also mention of supporters trying to brighten up the occasion by wearing more green clothing, a bit like the Dutch fans do with their 'everything Orange'.

So, how about we took this on board and agreed for as many of us as possible to wear something green; tops, jumpers, jackets, anything (I know, but you'd be suprised how little do). Also, there must be thousands of us who've bought flags at Hampden for Finals & Semi Finals. How about getting them, as well as the larger flags if possible, out of your cupboards and along to ER.

If we could all agree to try this out in one particular home game. I'd like it if it wasn't some half-hearted affair but that everybody got the chance to spread the word, so maybe this Saturday is too soon but the next home game could be ideal.

So, who's all up for naming the home game against St Mirren on 30th January as Green Day?*

:flag:

* Apologies to the group of the same name :wink:

Jaz
20-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Are the Polis kool about fans taking sticks/canes in for their flags?

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

matty_f
20-01-2010, 10:16 PM

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

The polis arenae even cool about letting people into fitba games.:grr:

Keith_M
20-01-2010, 10:23 PM

They were OK about it two weeks ago when the Irvine Meadow fans did, so I can't see that being a problem.

AugustaHibs
20-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Great idea get this to as many people as you. And on the bounce!

Alex Trager
20-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Firstly, thanks for all your suggestions on the 'How do we improve the atmosphere at ER' thread :thumbsup:

I've finally got round to reading everything and one suggestion in particular stood out, that of having a flag day (from 'HFC 1875'). There was also mention of supporters trying to brighten up the occasion by wearing more green clothing, a bit like the Dutch fans do with their 'everything Orange'.

So, how about we took this on board and agreed for as many of us as possible to wear something green; tops, jumpers, jackets, anything (I know, but you'd be suprised how little do). Also, there must be thousands of us who've bought flags at Hampden for Finals & Semi Finals. How about getting them, as well as the larger flags if possible, out of your cupboards and along to ER.

If we could all agree to try this out in one particular home game. I'd like it if it wasn't some half-hearted affair but that everybody got the chance to spread the word, so maybe this Saturday is too soon but the next home game could be ideal.

So, who's all up for naming the home game against St Mirren on 30th January as Green Day?*

Why cant we have this on saturday...? i'd be up for it though

DC_Hibs
20-01-2010, 10:26 PM
A good idea but much more chance of it happening for a bigger game (derby at Tynecastle for example).....and maybe it'd work better when weather has improved and folk have discarded their non green winter jackets

cheap tshirts are easy for folk to buy as shown in this derby game this season
http://www.ultras-frankfurt.de/index.php?seite=galerie/frameset&saison=0910&kat=DFB-Pokal&spieltag=1.%20Runde

Under 4quid for these flags http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Green-White-Checkered-Flag-5x3-FREE-P-P_W0QQitemZ380198619160QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Flags ?hash=item58859a8818

Alternatively!!!!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Union-Jack-Green-and-White-Flag-5x3-FREE-P-P_W0QQitemZ120513099935QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Flags ?hash=item1c0f23f89f

AugustaHibs
20-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Flags at villa game looked smart does anyone know a shop who sell small flags so we could all wave them around? Anyone agree?

Jaz
20-01-2010, 10:28 PM
We've seen tens of thousands of flags waved at organised "flag days" at Ibrox etc........but I just know when my laddie is Qing up outside ER some jobsworth steward is going to insist he removes the cane from his flag.

Alex Trager
20-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Flags at villa game looked smart does anyone know a shop who sell small flags so we could all wave them around? Anyone agree?
Yup

AugustaHibs
20-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Yup

Make loads of noise also

Gatecrasher
20-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Sounds good I hope it everyone tries to take part

I will:agree:

Alex Trager
20-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Make loads of noise also

A very sparse thing found upon the terraces nowadays:confused:

_hucks_
20-01-2010, 10:38 PM
We've seen tens of thousands of flags waved at organised "flag days" at Ibrox etc........but I just know when my laddie is Qing up outside ER some jobsworth steward is going to insist he removes the cane from his flag.

They wont. Normal wee bits of cane for flags are permitted in the ground. Big slabs of wood or metal poles would be a different story, but stewards wont be a problem for reasonable flag sticks.

Keith_M
20-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Why cant we have this on saturday...? i'd be up for it though

I know, I thought about that but felt maybe we should take more time to pass the word on, so it was done properly.

Maybe if someone has contacts at the club they could pass this idea on to them, that could help spread the word

:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
20-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Here's another thought - tie the stadium announcer up so we don't have to suffer stupid music at half time. Let the fans make their own noise

Keith_M
20-01-2010, 10:40 PM
Here's another thought - tie the stadium announcer up so we don't have to suffer stupid music at half time. Let the fans make their own noise

:faf:

Alex Trager
20-01-2010, 10:41 PM

And in many cases we wouldn't unless we're beating hearts celtic or rangers ??

AugustaHibs
20-01-2010, 10:41 PM
I know, I thought about that but felt maybe we should take more time to pass the word on, so it was done properly.

Maybe if someone has contacts at the club they could pass this idea on to them, that could help spread the word

:thumbsup:

Then if they did, send out a newsletter to ST holders and hibs kids?

Jonnyboy
20-01-2010, 10:42 PM
And in many cases we wouldn't unless we're beating herats celtic or rangers ??

Old duffer alert. When ah were a lad we sang regardless of the score. It was part of the day out. You young whippersnappers need to take a leaf out of our book :greengrin

Sir David Gray
20-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Old duffer alert. When ah were a lad we sang regardless of the score. It was part of the day out. You young whippersnappers need to take a leaf out of our book :greengrin

Sadly I think it's true, though.

I've seen your suggestion made by numerous people on numerous occasions on here in recent times and I really think that, unless it was a derby or maybe against Rangers and Celtic, if there was no music being played, the only noise you would hear would be of people talking.

Jonnyboy
20-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Sadly I think it's true, though.

I've seen your suggestion made by numerous people on numerous occasions on here in recent times and I really think that, unless it was a derby or maybe against Rangers and Celtic, if there was no music being played, the only noise you would hear would be of people talking.

I'm not so sure FH. To me it's a modern day development. Fans don't bother singing because there's music playing. Also, if we are losing and visiting fans are singing I can't see the East Stand just sitting there doing nothing in response. After all, that's where all the atmosphere is apparently :wink:

Mikey_1875
20-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Sounds good :thumbsup:

I'll bring the Tri-Colour :devil:

Hibee_Rab
20-01-2010, 11:18 PM

Yes, definitely do it! Would be great for the atmosphere and this is the first game I'll be in Edinburgh for since the Hearts match.

Chuck Rhoades
21-01-2010, 08:39 AM
The CG are trying to get going again and thought of something similar.

I have posted this thread over on the Bounce - hope this is a go'er. Asked for both of the large Bouncer flags to be in attendance too. :thumbsup::notworthy:

MacBean
21-01-2010, 09:39 AM
glad this is taking shape.
I had mentioned to the current hibs.net flag owner that i would be happy to take the burden off his back and take it to ER for the games.
This huge shirt coupled with the two Bounce flags would be great to see kicking around the stadium!!

RIP
21-01-2010, 09:59 AM

Now Keekaboo

Tell me how we can get the backing of the club and supporters branches to make this as official as the Hibees Reunited campaign?

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2010, 10:03 AM

If that does not work John, we could maybe get someone to take him round the back of the stand, and well you know the rest. :greengrin

Joe Baker II
21-01-2010, 10:21 AM
Totally agree about the stadium announcer though I have heard worse at other grounds, at least we do not have to suffer background music when we score.

Joe Baker II
21-01-2010, 10:24 AM
And in many cases we wouldn't unless we're beating hearts celtic or rangers ??

Would prefer noise of fans talking to music if it comes down to that.

Dashing Bob S
21-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Let's have superiour, cabaret-style karaoke at half-time. I'm happy to go up first and perform some Tony Bennett standards.

hibbie02
21-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Whilst I think this is a splendid idea and I hope it takes off, I have to agree with those concerned that Jobsworth Security will ensure that they do everything in their power to screw it up by either applying their roolz inconsistently (causing arguments) or too strictly (and screwing up the spectacle). :grr:

Keith_M
21-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Whilst I think this is a splendid idea and I hope it takes off, I have to agree with those concerned that Jobsworth Security will ensure that they do everything in their power to screw it up by either applying their roolz inconsistently (causing arguments) or too strictly (and screwing up the spectacle). :grr:

Maybe if someone had a contact at the club I could get in touch with? I could let them know what's happening and they might help smooth the way a bit. Feel free to PM me if anyone has said contacts.

Actually, they mght even be willing to help promote any future attempts by us to improve the atmosphere at ER, as I'm sure the club would also love the game improved more as a spectacle.

Jonnyboy
21-01-2010, 12:37 PM
If that does not work John, we could maybe get someone to take him round the back of the stand, and well you know the rest. :greengrin

:gun: :greengrin

Sean1875
21-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why would the colour of peoples clothing result in an improved atmopshere?

Removed
21-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but why would the colour of peoples clothing result in an improved atmopshere?

Unity, common cause against the enemy or something like that :dunno:

I know for teams like Sunderland & Newcastle there is a very high percentage of supporters wearing replica strips and maybe there is a direct correlation between that and the atmosphere they generate :dunno:

RIP
21-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Now Keekaboo

Tell me how we can get the backing of the club and supporters branches to make this as official as the Hibees Reunited campaign?

Maybe if someone had a contact at the club I could get in touch with? I could let them know what's happening and they might help smooth the way a bit. Feel free to PM me if anyone has said contacts.

Actually, they mght even be willing to help promote any future attempts by us to improve the atmosphere at ER, as I'm sure the club would also love the game improved more as a spectacle.:flag:

Anyone from Hibs Reunited care to comment?

Keith_M
21-01-2010, 04:22 PM

It wouldn't in itself, no, so we definitely need more than just that. However, it's really an attempt at getting the kind of atmposphere, or 'sense of occasion' if you like, that are usually only associated with Cup Finals and the like.

This is just one suggestion from many and it would be good to incorporate more things, like people bringing flags to the game, or supporters to be actually in their seats when the players come out of the tunnel so they can see that fans are right behind them.

I'm hoping this is just the start of an initiative to get that sense of occasion and support for the team built up.

AugustaHibs
21-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Good ideas.

matty_f
21-01-2010, 06:20 PM

Dinnae tie the guy up, but I would love to have no music blasting out pre-match or at half time.

I'm sure there are songs that get started that just get drowned out by the PA system. I reckon that if it was left to the fans to generate the noise then they would respond.:agree:

Rory89
21-01-2010, 06:25 PM
I really, really want the atmosphere to improve at Hibs games, but every suggestion ever made on the internet needs one sceptic, so it may as well be me.

Having loads of flags are really good at things like cup finals and generally really big game where everyone's really up for it and excited, but when it's done for run of the mill games it just seems to be a bit of a false and manufactured attempt at an atmosphere. An example would be the Champions League game between Chelsea and Liverpool at Stamford Bridge, where the Liverpool fans made an immense racket and the Chelsea fans just waved about some gay flags the club gave them (not that this wasn't a massive game, but the point is flags should be used because the fans are excited and want to show some passion, not because they're trying hard to create an atmosphere that is poor).

Brilliant that people are coming up with ideas to improve the atmpsohere but in my opinion it won't improve the atmosphere.

I actually think there should be no music whatsoever before the game, during half time and after a goal, apart from maybe a Hibs related song just before the players come out. Even if nobody is singing, who cares? There's no music during a match either, at least in big games like derbies you'd be able to have some banter with the opposition fans before the match starts rather than listen to Bad Romance by Lady Gaga.

Unity, common cause against the enemy or something like that :dunno:

I know for teams like Sunderland & Newcastle there is a very high percentage of supporters wearing replica strips and maybe there is a direct correlation between that and the atmosphere they generate :dunno:

Again, imo it looks tacky seeing a whole stand of men, women and children of all ages wearing Stoke City strips. It's a "replica" strip, why would anyone over the age of 16 try to replicate a footballer unless they're playing football themselves?

hfc rd
21-01-2010, 11:42 PM
Great idea. I am definately up for a 'Green Day' at Easter Road against St Mirren. Even the folk from the Hibees Bounce have got their thumbs up on this idea aswell.

Jonnyboy
21-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Dinnae tie the guy up, but I would love to have no music blasting out pre-match or at half time.

I'm sure there are songs that get started that just get drowned out by the PA system. I reckon that if it was left to the fans to generate the noise then they would respond.:agree:

Correct :thumbsup:

jon paul jones
22-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Great stuff and worthy comments!!

Regardless of the looks I get, when they announce the team line up I spend that 45 seconds of my life continually clapping to all the names of players JH selected to wear the green. Its amazing what happens when these parts of your body join together in a repetitive cycle. :greengrin Its also amazing the number of "O, we got a weirdo" stares I get from my lovely Hibby brothers and sisters for breaking ranks and "going it alone". (my brother especially)

I 've never understood why people pick and choose their moments. I have to watch my throat due to medical advice but I still get my jazz hands going.

Bring the Yogi Bears Barmy Army chant on with 2 separate groups in the east egging each other on.....and keep it going beyond 15 seconds.

Grunt over

RIP
22-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Sorry - I should have added to this thread rather than creating a spoof thread of my own.

I think Hibs should create a Matchday Experience Manager. Top European clubs have honed in on improvements to the fan experience and reaped the financial rewards in increased sales - season tickets, walkup and many other income streams.

I don't follow Hibs for silverware. It's partly quality of football, partly loyalty. But a big part of it is the atmosphere. A lot more could be done in this area and if improvements were tangible, more fans would go to games.

It's high time the club realised that they are missing out by not having a primary contact whose sole focus is improving the audience experience

Joe Baker II
22-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I think Hibs should create a Matchday Experience Manager. Top European clubs have honed in on improvements to the fan experience and reaped the financial rewards in increased sales - season tickets, walkup and many other income streams.

Do not disagree but what a dreadful job title!!

DC_Hibs
24-01-2010, 05:29 PM
YouTube - Eintracht Frankfut - Nürnberg Rauchbombe 23.01.2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyUxAyz0xoI&feature=related)

Keeko, got another idea yday to improve the atmosphere and it definitely works...... although Rodders might not be too happy with the subsequent fine

Free hats as well from UF

Keith_M
24-01-2010, 06:45 PM
YouTube - Eintracht Frankfut - Nürnberg Rauchbombe 23.01.2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyUxAyz0xoI&feature=related)

Keeko, got another idea yday to improve the atmosphere and it definitely works...... although Rodders might not be too happy with the subsequent fine

Free hats as well from UF

Eh, I think he might not be best pleased, some how

:wink:

Anyway, what's with the Hats? I was watching highlights of a friendly between Dynamo Dresden and Rapid Vienna and the Rapid fans ALL had similar style hats (http://www.dynamo-dresden.de/foto/details.php?image_id=30779)(but in Green and White). Is this some new trend?

hibsboy90
24-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Why don't we get a fan to do the announcer job. Somebody who will know the chants, songs, which players on the opposition side the fans will boo etc. So when the team line up is getting read out there is a bit more reaction.

After scoring, cut out the "Anthony Stokes is sponsored by..." stuff

woody47
24-01-2010, 07:24 PM
It wouldn't in itself, no, so we definitely need more than just that. However, it's really an attempt at getting the kind of atmposphere, or 'sense of occasion' if you like, that are usually only associated with Cup Finals and the like.

This is just one suggestion from many and it would be good to incorporate more things, like people bringing flags to the game, or supporters to be actually in their seats when the players come out of the tunnel so they can see that fans are right behind them.

I'm hoping this is just the start of an initiative to get that sense of occasion and support for the team built up.

What? and have them missing that last half and half? :greengrin

FWIW I think it is fine to have music up to a point -maybe 5 minutes before the game starts. but after that let the fans just make our own noise. It really irks me when, for example yesterday, they started SOL just seconds before kick off. WHY? no one was going to sing along. Lets leave that for big games but the timing has to be right.

Wonder how many people WILL bring along flags? Would be nice to see most of the ground flag waving but we also need to get the result at the same time :thumbsup:

Keith_M
24-01-2010, 07:34 PM
What? and have them missing that last half and half? :greengrin

I know, I wrote that more in hope than expectation :wink:

FWIW I think it is fine to have music up to a point -maybe 5 minutes before the game starts. but after that let the fans just make our own noise. It really irks me when, for example yesterday, they started SOL just seconds before kick off. WHY? no one was going to sing along. Lets leave that for big games but the timing has to be right.

:agree:

That really gets on my mammaries as well. I worry that this has been going on so long that the fans are now out of the habit of singing at the start of the game. Never mind, in view of the mostly positive response, I'm hoping this is the start of an ongoing campaign to liven up ER.

Wonder how many people WILL bring along flags? Would be nice to see most of the ground flag waving but we also need to get the result at the same time :thumbsup:

Well, I'll be waving mine in the Main Stand, even if nobody else is. If nothing else, it'll annoy the pensioners that sit behind me.

:wink:

EasterRoad4Ever
24-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Totally agree about the stadium announcer though I have heard worse at other grounds, at least we do not have to suffer background music when we score.

No, we get worse than that. We get some embarrassing list of Z listed "sponsors" of the scorer which usually includes a very useful telephone number for one of them :confused: I wonder if they see a spike in calls when Stokes scorer :greengrin

EasterRoad4Ever
24-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Why don't we get a fan to do the announcer job. Somebody who will know the chants, songs, which players on the opposition side the fans will boo etc. So when the team line up is getting read out there is a bit more reaction.

After scoring, cut out the "Anthony Stokes is sponsored by..." stuff

:agree: Do Hibs EVER ask fans what they think of that stuff. Embarrassing doesn't come close :grr:

MSK
24-01-2010, 08:08 PM
:agree: Do Hibs EVER ask fans what they think of that stuff. Embarrassing doesn't come close :grr:A lot of fans pay a lot of money to sponsor players...:hnet: also sponsor a couple...im sure a few seconds announcing the sponsor when a player scores a goal can be forgiven esp as it brings in money to the club ..

frazeHFC
24-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Atmosphere was better yesterday, we need to make it like that every match, winning, losing or drawing.

Nice to hear "ooh to, ooh to be, ooh to be a, Hibee" as not heard it in a while.

Especially for away games it would sound great if everyone was chanting:

"green and white army
clap clap
green and white army
clap clap...."

:notworthy:

Jack
24-01-2010, 08:26 PM
The announcer has to justify his existence somehow! But instead of chart tunes hardly anyone knows why not songs from the Hibs CDs, available from the club shop!

Keith_M
24-01-2010, 08:46 PM
The announcer has to justify his existence somehow! But instead of chart tunes hardly anyone knows why not songs from the Hibs CDs, available from the club shop!

Perhaps, but not up to (and occasionaly past) the kick-off.

frazeHFC
24-01-2010, 08:48 PM
The idea of a "green day" versus St Mirren is great :thumbsup: Also our stadium announcer is much better than any other team i have been to!!!

woody47
24-01-2010, 09:03 PM
The idea of a "green day" versus St Mirren is great :thumbsup: Also our stadium announcer is much better than any other team i have been to!!!

Must admit the announcement as we were leaving was quite good with the "and good news from Ibrox, yams were winning but rankers equalize in last minute". Good to see unbiased comments :greengrin:greengrin

greglauder
25-01-2010, 07:51 PM
don't think enough people are going to be aware of this in time for sat in order to make it work properly. how about a later date maybe st johnstone on 27th feb. that would give you plenty of time to let more people know and maybe get the backing from hibs

Liamcee1994
25-01-2010, 08:35 PM
handing out free green and white checkerd flags at the gates?

:idea:

Liamcee1994
25-01-2010, 08:47 PM

bubblesmorrison
25-01-2010, 09:37 PM
glad this is taking shape.
I had mentioned to the current hibs.net flag owner that i would be happy to take the burden off his back and take it to ER for the games.
This huge shirt coupled with the two Bounce flags would be great to see kicking around the stadium!!

can i ask if you bring the big flags keep them in one place dont try and move them along the stand really looks stupid as most people dont put the effort into moving it and also get all folded so keep them all in a section.

really loving the sound of this idea i have a few old hampden day flags so i will make sure all my family and friends have one to wave :thumbsup:

Biggie
25-01-2010, 10:23 PM
bit radical but how about hibs give all the fans in either the ff or main stand one of these coloured cards to hold up which portrays a picture...maybe the hibs badge or "up the hibees" or something....you know the placards thingies to hold up before the start of the game...it always looks good in the big stadiums. Or how about a couple of these **** off flares (used in the san siro last night :devil:)...a green one obviously !.
Or...we get the hibs.net flag strung down from the top tier of the ff or south stand ?.....if anything that (if used in the south stand) it would cover up a shed load of empty seats ?......just a thought or two

Keith_M
25-01-2010, 10:44 PM

Feel free.

:greengrin

The Old Brigade
25-01-2010, 10:45 PM
A lot of fans pay a lot of money to sponsor players...:hnet: also sponsor a couple...im sure a few seconds announcing the sponsor when a player scores a goal can be forgiven esp as it brings in money to the club ..

Dear oh dear, assuming you are not on the wind up. I am delighted to hear musical praise to generous sponsors whenever hibs score a goal, it is actually more enjoyable than seeing Hibs score.

Wonder if anyone has asked these fans who sponsor if they want to hear this, I for one would not buy any product from asponsor who endorsed music after a goal with their name in it.

MSK
26-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Dear oh dear, assuming you are not on the wind up. I am delighted to hear musical praise to generous sponsors whenever hibs score a goal, it is actually more enjoyable than seeing Hibs score.

Wonder if anyone has asked these fans who sponsor if they want to hear this, I for one would not buy any product from asponsor who endorsed music after a goal with their name in it.Eh ..?...:confused: No-one is talking about music being played after a player scores ..im talking about the player sponsorship being read out ...a five second announcement ..hardly worth getting yer knickers in a twist aboot is it ..:confused:

renato
26-01-2010, 08:32 PM
bit radical but how about hibs give all the fans in either the ff or main stand one of these coloured cards to hold up which portrays a picture...maybe the hibs badge or "up the hibees" or something....you know the placards thingies to hold up before the start of the game...it always looks good in the big stadiums. Or how about a couple of these **** off flares (used in the san siro last night :devil:)...a green one obviously !.
Or...we get the hibs.net flag strung down from the top tier of the ff or south stand ?.....if anything that (if used in the south stand) it would cover up a shed load of empty seats ?......just a thought or two

A bit like this?

YouTube - Milan-Barcelona (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cs0Cl1l9Z0&feature=related)

Would love to see ER with a bit more colour.

An Leargaidh
28-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Just hide flag cane up yer arm before going through the turnstile. Not like the "pair a hands" behind the grill is gonna ask why yer arm is stiff. If the cane you have is not longer than the HFC length limit then it shouldn't be too hard. Either that or down yer trousers :greengrin

There's a way round most things :wink: If everyone takes a flag on a cane in I'm sure Petrie would soon stop the stewards trying to throw everyone out in case we all didn't come back the next match! :flag:

Cammy :bye:

An Leargaidh
28-01-2010, 03:34 PM
I am gonna try and wear something green on Saturday but if it is too cold it'll need to be something warm :greengrin

If Saturday shows enough support for the Green Day idea then it would be great if it the idea could be taken forward and expanded under a unified banner. :agree:

Maybe if someone had the connections and cash up front to get a load of wee plastic flags and t-shirts or similar made it could be taken from there. You could sell them via the internet and PayPal.

Maybe we could adopt Kermit The Frog as our mascot? :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Cammy

http://www.redstaplerchronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kermit.jpg

Keith_M
28-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Just hide flag cane up yer arm before going through the turnstile. Not like the "pair a hands" behind the grill is gonna ask why yer arm is stiff. If the cane you have is not longer than the HFC length limit then it shouldn't be too hard. Either that or down yer trousers :greengrin

There's a way round most things :wink: If everyone takes a flag on a cane in I'm sure Petrie would soon stop the stewards trying to throw everyone out in case we all didn't come back the next match! :flag:

Cammy :bye:

The limit is 100cm long.

I'm talking about the cane here!!!! :wink:

"Item 15. Club flags and banners, as well as any official national flag are permissible, provided they do not carry any additional religious, racist or other derogatory messages. Flags/banners must not interfere with the viewing capabilities or safety of other Spectators. In addition, flags and banners must not be allowed to obstruct advertising boards or directional signage. Small flags can be mounted on garden canes, provided the canes measure less than 100 cms in length."

Emerald
28-01-2010, 03:44 PM
:tin hat: I know its a Yams thing but I really like the sight when everyones twirling their scarfs. Saw Man U doing it last night and it would wind that bunch up something rotten?? :dunno:

MacBean
28-01-2010, 04:13 PM
I am gonna try and wear something green on Saturday but if it is too cold it'll need to be something warm :greengrin

If Saturday shows enough support for the Green Day idea then it would be great if it the idea could be taken forward and expanded under a unified banner. :agree:

Maybe if someone had the connections and cash up front to get a load of wee plastic flags and t-shirts or similar made it could be taken from there. You could sell them via the internet and PayPal.

Maybe we could adopt Kermit The Frog as our mascot? :greengrin :greengrin :greengrin

Cammy

http://www.redstaplerchronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kermit.jpg

If its too cold put your top over yer jacket :wink:

An Leargaidh
28-01-2010, 04:41 PM
That's great idea. Shame I didn't buy an XXXXL top then cause me+coat is fat enough without trying to fit my top over that.

Hold on though, maybe I could dye a Yams top green, they come in XXXXL as standard don't they? :faf:

Cammy

:lolyam:

If its too cold put your top over yer jacket :wink:

Jamie
28-01-2010, 04:55 PM

Wouldnae work i'm afraid, tried that on the bounce flag baby flags debut and was told quickly to take it down lol

As for the south idea hibs knocked that on the head when spamheid I think it was asked from here to hibs officially.

Great idea. I am definately up for a 'Green Day' at Easter Road against St Mirren. Even the folk from the Hibees Bounce have got their thumbs up on this idea aswell.

The .net and bounce flags are massive and would need around 7 bodies to get them unfurled and started off.

I'm in the FF LOwer and will take the big bounce flag with me, if anyones around the ff lower gimme handers ffs lol

How's about taking both the .net flag and the bounce and doing them one after another in the FF Lower?

:notworthy: