PDA

View Full Version : Yogi: "supporters are often bang on"

Riordans Boots
20-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Can't see this anywhere else and sorry if already posted. Just spotted this on official site.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/supporters-are-often-bang-on-20100120_2262950_1938050

macca70
20-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Can't see this anywhere else and sorry if already posted. Just spotted this on official site.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/supporters-are-often-bang-on-20100120_2262950_1938050

That to me sounds like the club are saying to the supporters, stop moaning at the manager and players and concentrate on creating an atmosphere and get behind the team. If Mr random supporter can see from the stand that a system or player is not working then the manager will be well aware without fans moaning and shouting from behind him.

FranckSuzy
20-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Maybe it's a subtle hint that Yogi reads the posts on .net? :wink:

Bayern Bru
20-01-2010, 07:50 PM

Of course. Have you ever seen Yogi and HibsSpain in the same room? It was all a subtly engineered act to sign Graeme Smith...

:cool2::devil:

Gatecrasher
20-01-2010, 08:03 PM
That to me sounds like the club are saying to the supporters, stop moaning at the manager and players and concentrate on creating an atmosphere and get behind the team. If Mr random supporter can see from the stand that a system or player is not working then the manager will be well aware without fans moaning and shouting from behind
him.

it is about time we as fans got behind the team and stopped moaning

Let's put our faith in the manager

I'm_cabbaged
20-01-2010, 08:20 PM

Wanderer11 :wink:

Keith_M
20-01-2010, 08:35 PM

:top marks

FranckSuzy
20-01-2010, 08:55 PM

Mmmm, you may be on to something :greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
20-01-2010, 08:57 PM

So anyone that has ever come on here and had moan is not behind the team and has no faith in the manager? :stirrer:

Gatecrasher
20-01-2010, 09:06 PM
So anyone that has ever come on here and had moan is not behind the team and has no faith in the manager? :stirrer:

You know what I mean :greengrin

Toaods
20-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I would disagree to a certain extent, as any manager will know the personality of a player and therefore is more likely to forgive on the basis of that guys shortcomings.

The paying punter in the stand doesn't give a monkeys if the guy is a nervous wreck, they just want the player to do what they are paid a lot of money for...to clear it, cross it or whatever.

stubru59
20-01-2010, 09:45 PM
When the effort is there most supporters do get behind the team. It is when there is a perceived lack of application that frustration sets in.

Most people agree that our results have sometimes flattered us. What we are getting now is results which more or less reflect what we have put into the game.

A turn for the better will depend on changes in attitude. Hence why Hughes has seen fit to bring in a motivational coach.

The Harp Awakes
20-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Pretty impressed by Yogi's comments TBH. I think his view on Hanlon is spot on. Think Paul's is a star in the making and Yogi is just the man to get the best out of him.

silverhibee
20-01-2010, 11:47 PM

:agree::agree::agree::top marks:hnet::notworthy:

silverhibee
20-01-2010, 11:47 PM

:faf::faf:

Joe Baker II
21-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Slightly surprising reading this given Hughes rather let himself down with his unprofessional rant at Falkirk fans wanting him out last year - note I think he is a good manager despite this blemish.

cockneymike
21-01-2010, 11:32 AM
One thing I'd pick up on though, is Yogi and fans may see things the same, but he doesn't always act on it quickly enough, or at all; and supporters can't do anything other than complain or boo. Due, as someone mentioned earlier, to the fact that he has to think about players' ego, mentality etc, as well as the good of the team; or as he explains it, that he sees them in training and can see their reactions.

So there are similairities, but HUGE differences from his point of view and ours.

Billychaotic182
21-01-2010, 01:38 PM

:top marks:top marks:top marks

lyonhibs
21-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Let the record also state that fans can also be so far wide of the mark with their hastily formed judgements that it almost makes you want to cry with laughter!!

MussyHibby
21-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Thought, as always, he came across well.

Maybe the Rankin doubters heard what he had to say. He sees him all week, not just a Saturday.

number 27
21-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Thought, as always, he came across well.

Maybe the Rankin doubters heard what he had to say. He sees him all week, not just a Saturday.

Well in that case maybe he can be in the team all week and just left out on Saturdays :dunno: