PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United's Debt

Sylar
20-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Figures released today show Man Utd's debt to be sitting somewhere in the region of $1.17 billion (or £716 million).

:paranoid::shocked:

Pretty Boy
20-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Figures released today show Man Utd's debt to be sitting somewhere in the region of $1.17 billion (or £716 million).

They probably owe it to themselves though. Thats how big clubs work.

Saves on the tax payments as well. Apparently.

Speedway
20-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Yo're not a big club if you don't have big debt.

weonlywon6-2
20-01-2010, 04:33 PM

Saves on the tax payments as well. Apparently.

utd are paying 36 million in interest on the debt, thats more than the ugly sisters get from their income

:faf::faf::faf:

weonlywon6-2
20-01-2010, 04:35 PM

jeez, and we have the cheek to slag of hearts !!:greengrin

God Petrie
20-01-2010, 04:37 PM
The way these clubs are run is an absolute joke. The sooner it all goes tits up the better.

bawheid
20-01-2010, 05:05 PM

OP obviously a typical Hobo, doesn't understand how big clubs operate. :agree:

Dr Jimmy
20-01-2010, 05:07 PM

What type of bank or banks allows a customer to get into that kind of debt?
Even with £36M in interest it must be causing a wobble to say the least at the banks HQ.
Football in England is about to get a rude wake up call..

hibsbollah
20-01-2010, 05:09 PM

More than the GDP of the whole of Africa, apparently:bitchy:

ancienthibby
20-01-2010, 05:12 PM
What type of bank or banks allows a customer to get into that kind of debt?
Even with £36M in interest it must be causing a wobble to say the least at the banks HQ.
Football in England is about to get a rude wake up call..

A bank that's run by Freddie Goodwin, or his acolytes!!:devil:

matty_f
20-01-2010, 05:37 PM
The way these clubs are run is an absolute joke. The sooner it all goes tits up the better.

:agree: I was talking about this earlier. Look at the levels of debts, and look at the wages that some of these clubs are still paying. Apparently West Ham have three players on £80k a week!

What sort of an idiot sanctions those sort of wages when the club is in as much debt as West Ham are?!

These clubs deserve everything they get. I feel sorry for the fans, but the silly money that's paid out in the Premiership especially has ******ed the game in Scotland, because it's had a knock on effect on the salaries here.

Leithenhibby
20-01-2010, 05:39 PM
As I have already stated on an earlier post, this will end in tears for sure.

Even the BIG clubs with the pulling power (400,000) :greengrin will find it extremely difficult in the near future...

Mikey
20-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Mark Longden, chairman of the Independent Manchester United Supporters Association, said then that United was being "driven to oblivion".

Can you imagine fully blazered and badged yam speaking out like that?

No chance!

HFC 0-7
20-01-2010, 06:01 PM

Man Utd's debt is shocking, no doubt about it, but there are lots of clubs much worse off, Man Utd is worth over £1.2 billion so there debt is less than the clubs worth. There are clubs that debt is more than they are worth, and they are the ones in real bother.

greenlex
20-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Man Utd's debt is shocking, no doubt about it, but there are lots of clubs much worse off, Man Utd is worth over £1.2 billion so there debt is less than the clubs worth. There are clubs that debt is more than they are worth, and they are the ones in real bother.

Whoever could you mean?:hmmm:

Monts
20-01-2010, 07:45 PM
What's the story behind man utds debt? I'm sure I read something when the glaziers took over about them saddling the club with their own debt or something like that. Can anyone remember or shed some light on it?

noseyhibby
20-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Football has corrupted itself, with managers/players and administrators alike salivating and grasping at what they can get before it all blows up in their sterling-signs, bulging-eyed faces, by which time, nobody, including those cramming bulging banknote-filled suitcases into the back of their flash, status symbol cars, will give a damn. There will be a few tut tuts, and hypocritical speeches by those within the game saying "we saw it coming, but could do nothing about it, and we were paying the market prices to individuals deserving or otherwise". To the man on the street, football, like the banking world, is deluded by its own self-importance, but driven ultimately by nauseating, naked greed.:titanic:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
20-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Who gave the Glazers that £700m, that's the question I'd like answered. Some ****house US bank like Citigroup no doubt.

CB_NO3
20-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Basically the Glazers took a 700 million pound loan out in Man Utd's name. They have not spent a penny, all they do is gaurentee the debt. Man Utd are paying back the loan payments plus 35 million a year interest on the loan payments. I dont know what the loan payments are. Man Utd does make alot of money and have just made record income this year on shirt sales, sponsorships, TV deals, Tickets sales and other merchandise, but the interest is killing them and thats why they would have made a loss if they did not sell Ronaldo. Now the glazers are tring to make 500 million in some sort of saving bonds scheme so they can get the interest down, if not they are talking about selling Old Trafford to the council and rent it for 30 years or so with an option to buy it back later on.

I think Man Utd did want to sign Tevez but they just could not afford him (that is just my opinion) and if a good deal comes in for Rooney, I think the glazers would maybe think about selling him.

The Harp Awakes
20-01-2010, 11:41 PM
The good news about all these clubs being in debt is of course, is that if half the clubs in the UK went bust we might have a chance of winning the Scottish Cup and the Champions League within 5 years:Romanov: