PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 03:10 PM
Personally can only think Saturdays game is going to be very tough to win. They look well organised with a few talented players such as MacArthur who looks quality. A day for patience from players and fans me thinks.

greenlex
20-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Personally can only think Saturdays game is going to be very tough to win. They look well organised with a few talented players such as MacArthur who looks quality. A day for patience from players and fans me thinks.

By far and away a bigger test for us than last week. These are the games we must win to be challenging top 4 at the end of the season.

maturehibby
20-01-2010, 03:43 PM
wont help with Winters in the middle who I believe was the same one who allowed them to "Hammer throw" the last time he and they were here .

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Hopefully they have a reaction from last nights game and we can get at them early and get ahead making them come out a bit more and chase the game.

jgl07
20-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Hopefully they have a reaction from last nights game and we can get at them early and get ahead making them come out a bit more and chase the game.
They have played Rangers three time in the last 10 days included extra time yesterday. They have a thin squad and should be there for the taking if Hibs play with anything approaching good form.

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 04:16 PM
They have played Rangers three time in the last 10 days included extra time yesterday. They have a thin squad and should be there for the taking if Hibs play with anything approaching good form.

Or the other view would be they have played Rangers 3 times in the last 10 days each time giving them a tougher game than we gave them not so long ago. I dont see them as being there for the taking, more in a reasonable run of form which with a bit of luck would have got them better results than they have ended with. I think their small squad helps them in respect that each knows what their role is. They look like they dont have loads of goals in them however will IMO be nothing more than a very hard test for us this week.

hfc rd
20-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Will be a very difficult game. If we play to our best then we will pick up the 3 points. But Yogi has to play Deeks & Spoony in their right positons, if we are to see the best out of them.

brydekirk
20-01-2010, 08:46 PM
442 please

Dashing Bob S
20-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Never rated him. Apart from that shot against the post versus the Pars in that great League Cup final victory, I can't think of anything he's ever done. Brian Kerr with a Flock of Seagulls album under his arm.

monktonharp
21-01-2010, 02:08 AM
if Hibs canny beat them,and do it well on our home patch,forget Europe for another season! they were hammered by the huns in the replay,and if we canny pump them at the holy ground,with some backing from the stands,we will have problems with fans getting on the players backs in the forthcoming fixtures

CmoantheHibs
21-01-2010, 03:01 AM
They will suffer some kind of reaction to the 3 hard games in 10 days and as long as Hibs have the correct approach then we should win.Heres hoping it pans out like that and we are 3 points better off.

EVENTUALLY
21-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Get McBride back in.

The Hamilton midfield is the strongest part of their team,McArthur,Neil,and Mensing are a very decent component of a stuffy side who ran Rangers very close over 3 games.

Yogi has been loyal to the majority of the guys who featured thru out the unbeaten league stretch but it is time to bring back KMcB and maybe actually tweak with the formation a wee bit as the opposition have worked us out in some respects....cutting off the supply to Riordan, pressurizing Wotherspoon with high balls and pressing the back line into playing long balls to a diminutive forward line.

Tollhouse Hibee
21-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Get McBride back in.

The Hamilton midfield is the strongest part of their team,McArthur,Neil,and Mensing are a very decent component of a stuffy side who ran Rangers very close over 3 games.

Yogi has been loyal to the majority of the guys who featured thru out the unbeaten league stretch but it is time to bring back KMcB and maybe actually tweak with the formation a wee bit as the opposition have worked us out in some respects....cutting off the supply to Riordan, pressurizing Wotherspoon with high balls and pressing the back line into playing long balls to a diminutive forward line.

I definitely agree, we are playing guys out of position, and to be honest have hardly got anything from deeks for weeks.

We need to put a team out to win midfield, and for me that means leaving zouma and deeks on the bench, and going with a midfield of mcbride, wotherspoon, rankin and miller. I also dont think we have an option but to play nish with stokes as we need a physical prescence up front.

Also Galbraith - whats wrong with him?? He gives us the width we have been craving for weeks as does wotherspoon when he plays midfield, zouma beats 3 men comes inside then loses the ball.

has to be a 4-4-2, with some width and some decent crosses into the box - with stokes attacking the 6 yard box rather than the penalty spot area.

Come on the cabbage!!!!

Fifer
21-01-2010, 09:18 AM
If we score early, i think we will win by 2 or 3. I just think their game is all about hard work and forcing teams to try and break them down.

Expecting Rain
21-01-2010, 09:59 AM

Even in the Turnbull era when our first eleven was breached by injuries or suspensions we were not much better than the rest, nothing has changed, a Bambaless, McBrideless and Zemmamaless Hibs team will find it hard against Hamilton, i agree Jim we have to get back to basics, primarily working hard off the ball, passing the ball and not having to think that the game has to be won in the first 60 minutes or so.