PDA

View Full Version : Celtic sign another defender

miniboco
20-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Celtic've just signed thomas rogne, norwegian under 21 central defender...
Me thinks two in two out so a Cheeky bid for o'dea anyone?

cloudy
20-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Celtic've just signed thomas rogne, norwegian under 21 central defender...
Me thinks two in two out so a Cheeky bid for o'dea anyone?
Can't see them selling him he was captain last night!!

miniboco
20-01-2010, 11:19 AM
O'dea was captain?!
Didn't realise that... How about 2nd choice mcmanus so :)

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:28 AM
O'dea was captain?!
Didn't realise that... How about 2nd choice mcmanus so :)

McManus is injured. ALthough, its hard to tell sometimes with him.

Jonnyboy
20-01-2010, 12:43 PM

:greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
20-01-2010, 12:51 PM

A mystery.

How can a player who looked halfway to decent under Strachan turn to ****less under Mowbray?

:cool2:

Jack
20-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I’d be willing to bet (but I dont bet :greengrin ) he has less than 25 games in his 3 and a half years contract, probably less.

The going rate for compensation for someone like that is something like £200k - £250k. Anyone think they were wary of going for a better player, a Scotland cap, like Barr, in case they got seriously embarrassed when they were outbid by someone like Hibs or a Chump club?

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 02:57 PM
A mystery.

How can a player who looked halfway to decent under Strachan turn to ****less under Mowbray?

:cool2:

Is this "Wind up Jack Regan day" :greengrin

McManus was garbage under Strachan as well. FFS he's played against Billy Mehmet about 8 times and never won a header. And gets bullied by duds like Lee Miller and Stuart Lovell!!!

McManus would be suited to a team where siege defending is the norm. In games where we are getting hit from all angles, he actuially does okay because he has no time to think about anything.

Its when he has to think about things like - tracking runners, marking at corners, dealing with punts to lone strikers, finding a team-mate when he has to make a pass - you know those things, that's when it gets tough for McManus.

And he talks with a nasal ned whine.

He'll be a legend at Blackpool. hopefully.

Part/Time Supporter
20-01-2010, 03:07 PM

McManus was garbage under Strachan as well. FFS he's played against Billy Mehmet about 8 times and never won a header. And gets bullied by duds like Lee Miller and Stuart Lovell!!!

McManus would be suited to a team where siege defending is the norm. In games where we are getting hit from all angles, he actuially does okay because he has no time to think about anything.

Its when he has to think about things like - tracking runners, marking at corners, dealing with punts to lone strikers, finding a team-mate when he has to make a pass - you know those things, that's when it gets tough for McManus.

Okay, slap on own wrists, I'm slightly :fishin: here.

:greengrin.

BUT- he must have made more goal-costing errors this season than in four full seasons under Strachan.

:dunno:

It was a constant source of puzzlement on here that Mowbray and Venus (two defenders) couldn't sort out the Hibs central defence.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Okay, slap on own wrists, I'm slightly :fishin: here.

:greengrin.

BUT- he must have made more goal-costing errors this season than in four full seasons under Strachan.

:dunno:

It was a constant source of puzzlement on here that Mowbray and Venus (two defenders) couldn't sort out the Hibs central defence.

First point - No, simply because Mowbray headed that one off at the pass.

Second Point - I'll agree with Mowbray on dfences, whoever he has yet to sign a defender - when he has his onw gusy in there then we can make a more advsied judgement. He's also not been helped by big Glenda dramatic dip in performance, he looked competent last season. I reckon Mowbray thought he could bank on Loovens and that him and Caldwell would do okay until January. :rolleyes:

On Saturday v Falkirk, McManus did not cope with teh big lad up front for Falkirk, he had no idea how to play him. He goes off injured and on comes the archtypal "Big Raw Boy" in Josh Thomson. By simply doing coaching manual stuff and doing the basics, he handled the big guy easily.

Loovens was awful last night as well.

maturehibby
20-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Why are we debating this on this site get it moved to the Unwasheds own one

millarco
20-01-2010, 03:50 PM

You know you're not much of a player when Stuart Lovell is bullying you up front! :wink: