PDA

View Full Version : Andy Murray / Aussie Open tennis

KWJ
20-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Lost the last game, what's the matter with him? He's still winning but this performance isn't good enough. Can't continue like this.

Don't understand why he doesn't give that young lad he brought in a chance with the towel either.

Not Murray class?

:wink:

MON ANDY, GIRFUT :hnet::thumbsup:

bingo70
20-01-2010, 07:59 AM
Lost the last game, what's the matter with him? He's still winning but this performance isn't good enough. Can't continue like this.

Don't understand why he doesn't give that young lad he brought in a chance with the towel either.

Not Murray class?

Just turned it over so not watched the match to see how he's playing but he's 6-1 up and a break up in the second set so he cannae be playing that badly :confused:

Apologies if you were being sarcastic, it's still early :greengrin

Baw187
20-01-2010, 08:04 AM

Not Murray class?

Since when did BBC have the rights to the Australian Open??

I sat at my desk and logged in to my Sky Sports app on the Iphone expecting to take in the match, only to find Sky don't have it on !!

Get it sorted Petrie :grr:

jonty
20-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Since when did BBC have the rights to the Australian Open??

I sat at my desk and logged in to my Sky Sports app on the Iphone expecting to take in the match, only to find Sky don't have it on !!

Get it sorted Petrie :grr:

Eurosport have it on live.
AM is on Europsort 2.

Watching in on Windows Media with SkyPlayer :thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
24-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Through to the Qaurters without dropping a set :thumbsup:

Bring on Nadal. :cool2:

Pretty Boy
24-01-2010, 01:14 PM
He was really, really good last night.

I like Andy Murray, he's a winner pure and simple. Not one to rest on his laurels, if he has a weakness he goes away and sorts it. When he was young it was his stamina and build, both of which he has now sorted. Recently he has identified a weakness with his serve, especially the 2nd serve, and you can see this week he has been working on it.

I really think he has at least 2 or 3 grand slams in him throughout his career.

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Hibee Andy Murray has just started his match against Rafa Nadal in the Quarter Finals of the Austalian Open.
BBC2, BBCHD, and Eurosport :wink:

:notworthy::notworthy:

Tinyclothes
26-01-2010, 08:41 AM
He's broken him!!! Come on Andy!

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Does Murray do anything the easy way?

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Does Murray do anything the easy way?

He is a Hibby remember! :wink:

IWasThere2016
26-01-2010, 08:55 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8479303.stm

:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2010, 08:56 AM
He is a Hibby remember! :wink:

Never been a great tennis fan, but because he's a hibby, i'm seving every ball, and hitting every volley. Yes 6-3 first set. :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
26-01-2010, 09:00 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8479303.stm (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8479303.stm)

He made hard work of it in the end didn't he ???

GlesgaeHibby
26-01-2010, 09:17 AM
Some excellent Tennis being played, although he's sure to lose now that the thread has been opened by TQM.

Where's CalgaryHibs when you need him?!

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Murray now serving to stay in 2nd set. He had 4 break points in the last game. Tense stuff, but great tennis

Betty Boop
26-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Mon Rafa! :faf:

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2010, 10:12 AM
The boy is playing superb. 2-0 now. :top marks:thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2010, 10:17 AM
won the tie break 7-2 :thumbsup:
2 sets up :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Nadal now seeing the trainer. Claiming its his gammy knee that he was out with last year. He doesn't look good.

sambajustice
26-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Nadal now seeing the trainer. Claiming its his gammy knee that he was out with last year. He doesn't look good.

He's on the wind up! Trying to throw Murray off!

Either that or he's just pussying about! Nowt much wrong with the knee when he saving break points and stuff!!

:grr:

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2010, 10:25 AM
He's on the wind up! Trying to throw Murray off!

Either that or he's just pussying about! Nowt much wrong with the knee when he saving break points and stuff!!

:grr:

Murray tends to get knocked off his game a bit whens there's a stop. He was fine with the fireworks, hopefully he'll be the same now.

--------
26-01-2010, 10:29 AM
2-0 in sets, 2-0 in games in the third set.

Come on, Andy, put this man down.

CallumLaidlaw
26-01-2010, 10:34 AM
match over. Nadal's knee is knackered. Shame
Ended at 6-3 7-6 3-0

Bayern Bru
26-01-2010, 10:38 AM
It's a pity Nadal seems to be injury prone as he's one hell of a good tennis player. That said, pleased for Andy Murray.

sambajustice
26-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Ended at 6-3 7-6 3-0

Coward!

Murray just battered him! Who does he get now?

blackpoolhibs
26-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Andy is coming across a lot better in his interview than he ever has before. He seems more relaxed than he has, hopefully he can go on and win his first slam.:thumbsup:

--------
26-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Ended at 6-3 7-6 3-0

Shame for Nadal. Looks as if it's a long-term serious problem.

Nice one, Andy, though. Looking impressive.

Barney McGrew
26-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Coward!

Chilic

Tinyclothes
26-01-2010, 10:44 AM
Think he gets Cilic, that big dude with the awesome serve

--------
26-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Coward!

Cilic. No easy games now.

Murray lost to him in the US Open.

Roddick took him to 5 in the quarters after being two sets down. 7-6, 6-3, 3-6, 2-6, 6-3.

Barney McGrew
26-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Think he gets Cilic, that big dude with the awesome serve

Cilic put him out the US Open last year

ancienthibby
26-01-2010, 10:49 AM
Cilic put him out the US Open last year

It was Murray's turn to have an injury then (wrist) so he will surely be gunning for revenge!!

He's also not gone beyond 3 sets in this tourney, so he should have plenty reserves.

Let's hope he can do it!

IWasThere2016
26-01-2010, 11:04 AM
It was Murray's turn to have an injury then (wrist) so he will surely be gunning for revenge!!

He's also not gone beyond 3 sets in this tourney, so he should have plenty reserves.

Let's hope he can do it!

:agree:

Hank Schrader
26-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Cilic has only won one of his five matches in straight sets, three of the other four going all the way to five sets. How much does he have left in his tank after all that tennis?

Cilic did give Murray a lesson in last years US Open, albeit with Murray struggling with an injured wrist. Cilic also exploited some flaws in Murrays defensive game which I am sure Andy has gone away and worked on since.

Murray has yet to drop a set in his five matches and with his latest match being cut short he should have much more in the tank than Cilic. MC is a dangerous player and on form but I still fancy Andy to beat him. Probably in four sets.

--------
26-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Cilic has only won one of his five matches in straight sets, three of the other four going all the way to five sets. How much does he have left in his tank after all that tennis?

Cilic did give Murray a lesson in last years US Open, albeit with Murray struggling with an injured wrist. Cilic also exploited some flaws in Murrays defensive game which I am sure Andy has gone away and worked on since.

Murray has yet to drop a set in his five matches and with his latest match being cut short he should have much more in the tank than Cilic. MC is a dangerous player and on form but I still fancy Andy to beat him. Probably in four sets.

:agree: Pretty fair assessment IMO.

I find myself hoping that Federer-Davydenko goes to five LO-O-O-O-O-O-O-NG sets - four long tie-breaks and 36-34 in the fifth would do.... :devil:

But there are no easy matches at this level.

Dashing Bob S
26-01-2010, 01:12 PM
:agree: Pretty fair assessment IMO.

I find myself hoping that Federer-Davydenko goes to five LO-O-O-O-O-O-O-NG sets - four long tie-breaks and 36-34 in the fifth would do.... :devil:

But there are no easy matches at this level.

Gets more and more like the SPL every day, that Aussie Open.

HibbyAndy
26-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Spot on :agree:

Murray will beat Cilic in straights sets IMO.

Cmon Andy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JimBHibees
26-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Murray was brilliant today and felt a bit sorry for him in that alot of the glory was taken away with Rafa pulling out (wonder if he had done in if 2-0 up). If he plays like that he will beat Cilic in 3 or 4 sets, though Cilic is improving and he has to be good to beat Del Potro and Roddick.

Would be good if Federer got a difficult game and Davydenko is probably the guy to do it at the moment. Some talk that Fed is able to tell the organisers when he wants to play, probably nothing in it. Would love to see Murray in the final and win the major he richly deserves.

BEEJ
26-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Murray was brilliant today and felt a bit sorry for him in that alot of the glory was taken away with Rafa pulling out (wonder if he had done in if 2-0 up). If he plays like that he will beat Cilic in 3 or 4 sets, though Cilic is improving and he has to be good to beat Del Potro and Roddick.
Is it just me or are there more retirals through injury in mens' tennis now than ever before? :confused: It's almost like the loser is saving face by going public with a niggling injury through retiral rather than playing the game out and getting thumped in three sets.

I sometimes wonder whether it has anything to do with players' rankings and how match results are assessed under the two different scenarios. :dunno:

Oh and well done to Andy Murray. :thumbsup:

goosano
27-01-2010, 05:58 AM
He's done extremely well so far-however the bookies odds are ridiculous-5/4 to win with Federer 9/4 and playing well. Time for a wedge on Roger me thinks

H18sry
28-01-2010, 08:32 AM
Dropped the first set 6-3 in the semi :grr:

Come on Andy :devil:

KerPlunk
28-01-2010, 08:34 AM
Just lost first set 6-3........Cilic running him ragged at the moment......

'Mon Andy............:brickwall

cheltenhamhibee
28-01-2010, 08:47 AM
Cilic looks Hibs class at the moment

ahibby
28-01-2010, 08:50 AM
He was 2/9 on to win this match tae. C'mon Andy.

cheltenhamhibee
28-01-2010, 08:55 AM
what a shot to break !!! mon Andy:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

sambajustice
28-01-2010, 09:32 AM
a break up in the 3rd set...

lyonhibs
28-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Back on serve. Thank god for BBC online. Helping to pass a slooooooooooooooooowwww day at work!!

As I type he's gone a break up - if he wins this 3rd set, its his to throw away IMO.

Cilic must be knackered after his epic earlier rounds!!!

sambajustice
28-01-2010, 10:27 AM
he's a break up in the 4th now!!

it is his to throwaway now!

sambajustice
28-01-2010, 10:31 AM
2 breaks up now!!

Delboy4
28-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Serving to win the match...

Go on Andy

Delboy4
28-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Thats it, through to the final

Well done son...
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ryan91
28-01-2010, 10:44 AM
He's through to the Final, winning in 4 sets, 3-6 6-4 6-4 6-2 .

1875er
28-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Just won 3 sets to 1...well done Andy!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

bathhibby
28-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Got to get behind a fellow Hibby, you,ve made it a great few days.
Good luck for the Final.

Neil_Orr
28-01-2010, 10:48 AM
I reckon watching Galbraith's goal go in last night set him up for the victory today!

Bring home the trophy, Andy!

Hainan Hibs
28-01-2010, 10:49 AM
What a time for the Hibees:thumbsup:

Win at Celtic Park and a hibee in the Australia Open Final

Tidy:thumbsup:

--------
28-01-2010, 10:50 AM
OOOO-ER! Cannae take all this....

:partyhibb :scarf: :partyhibb :scarf::partyhibb:scarf: :partyhibb

sambajustice
28-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Just won 3 sets to 1...well done Andy!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

He's definitely Hibs Class

HibbyAndy
28-01-2010, 10:52 AM
:singing: Lets go Andy lets go... :singing:

Tinyclothes
28-01-2010, 11:34 AM
Just turned it over so not watched the match to see how he's playing but he's 6-1 up and a break up in the second set so he cannae be playing that badly :confused:

Apologies if you were being sarcastic, it's still early :greengrin

Get your ma to ask his ma to ask him to wear a Hibs top when he walks out on court then do a full body YLT whilst shouting Sunshine on Leith instead of doing the pre match knock up.

Woody1985
28-01-2010, 10:48 PM
Shame for Nadal. Looks as if it's a long-term serious problem.

Nice one, Andy, though. Looking impressive.

I read when he was out before that he may have to retire. Tragedy if that's the case. Amazing talent.

Mag7
29-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Federer's trying to out-psyche him with some really arrogant comments. I've noticed before that he often tries to belittle Murray. Probably because he knows that Murray is actually capable of beating him on his day. Let's hope Roger's comments work against him and inspire Andy to victory.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/default.stm

Mon Dieu4
29-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Federer's trying to out-psyche him with some really arrogant comments. I've noticed before that he often tries to belittle Murray. Probably because he knows that Murray is actually capable of beating him on his day. Let's hope Roger's comments work against him and inspire Andy to victory.

I was just reading that, Dont normally mind Federer to be honest, but that interview makes him sound like a right erky :blah:

JimBHibees
29-01-2010, 01:45 PM

Dont like Federer to be honest, very arrogant and I think he is irked by Murray not doffing his cap like it appears most of the other players do. To be honest there appeared to be an edge between the 2 when they played in London at the end of last year and still think Federer deliberately lost his game v Del Potro to knock Murray out.

Personally think Andy will win on Sunday given he has had a real break unlike when they played in the US Open final. He needs to start well and win one of the first 2 sets to really rile Federer.

CallumLaidlaw
29-01-2010, 01:54 PM
Saw fed interviewed after his win this morning and it was SO arrogant. The comments about no British slam winner in 10000 years, and not having to train cos he is so talented. Made me wanna puke!!!

JimBHibees
29-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Saw fed interviewed after his win this morning and it was SO arrogant. The comments about no British slam winner in 10000 years, and not having to train cos he is so talented. Made me wanna puke!!!

Yep, personally think it shows Murray has got to him to an extent. Why mention it when you have won 15 majors or so. Murray will take him on Sunday.

ancienthibby
29-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Yep, personally think it shows Murray has got to him to an extent. Why mention it when you have won 15 majors or so. Murray will take him on Sunday.

Big, big motivational mistake by Fed-Ex to say something like this!

Murray has just been handed another huge incentive!

Go Andy, Go!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Greentinted
29-01-2010, 04:28 PM
Im not sure there was a great deal of gamesmanship on RFs part. He was clearly being led by the highly inane Courier and there was a bit of a homosocial overtone to the whole charade. The comments about not having to train were more an attempt at inverted sarcasm that anything else but I did think the remark about Britain never having had a slam winner for 150000 years was unfortunate and this will probably be the one that fires Murray up (if he should need further motivation).

greenlex
29-01-2010, 11:36 PM
I have only watched highlights so far. He is playing the best tennis ever.
I would like to point out that every clip of fans supporting him has been toe curlingly cringe worthy. Are they all mentally challenged ?
Not looking forward to the build up when fans are interviewed and filmed singing stupid songs this weekend. So far its been plain embarrasing.:bitchy:

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2010, 07:44 AM
:hmmm:

http://www.andymurrayometer.com/

lets all vote scottish :thumbsup:

hibee_girl
30-01-2010, 09:39 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100129/good-luck-andy_2262950_1949372

Pretty Boy
30-01-2010, 11:55 AM
I read when he was out before that he may have to retire. Tragedy if that's the case. Amazing talent.

By all accounts a similar injury to Owen Hargreaves and look at the problems he's having.

One of they things that seems fine then as soon as you put it under any pressure it can just go all of a sudden.

Real shame.

down-the-slope
30-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Whats with the Union Jack PR pics before tomorrows game :grr::grr:

greenlex
30-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Whats with the Union Jack PR pics before tomorrows game :grr::grr:
Cos he's British?:dunno:

NaeTechnoHibby
30-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Like it or not, tomorrow he will be British :agree:

But we all know he's a Hibby too :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:Guid luck Andy Murray, under any flag :thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
30-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Good luck Andy.

Do it for the Hibs.

iwasthere1972
30-01-2010, 11:02 PM
Watch the Hibs on BBC 1 winning the Australian Open. :thumbsup:

Sorry admin - I know you will move this thread. :agree:

Expecting Rain
30-01-2010, 11:11 PM

Shouldn`t be moved, Hibs content!

CallumLaidlaw
30-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Shouldn`t be moved, Hibs content!

I tried that the other day, by putting "Hibee Andy Murray" but it still got moved.

I think We should be allowed a match update thread on the main board for Murray in the morning!!!
Especially since Yogi has sent him a good luck message!! :thumbsup:

millarco
30-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Nice mention here as well:

http://www.andymurray.com/news/article/979

Spike Mandela
30-01-2010, 11:31 PM

Nah set your alarm for 10, have a long lie then get up and watch the Latter stages.

Watch a Hibee win a major, then read the Sundays about Hibs, Hearts:faf: and John Terry whilst having a slap up breakfast.

Happy Days:greengrin

NaeTechnoHibby
30-01-2010, 11:37 PM
I have a wee problem here :bitchy:

I havnae watched him all this tournie, although I could have, but the last time I watched in him in the US Open final against RF, oan Justins telly tho!, he lost :boo hoo:

Do I just stay in bed and wonder or get up and watch :dizzy:

Guid luck anyway Andy from me :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
30-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Admins-PLEASE keep this as a separate thread dedicated to the final tomorrow for people to post their updates on the match and then give their thoughts on the match afterwards, instead of merging it with the other thread that is talking about the earlier stages of the tournament.

As anyone who has read my many tennis related posts on here will know, I have always been a huge fan of Roger Federer. I've always liked him as a player and as an individual and would usually support him, as long as he wasn't playing Andy Murray.

However, I was extremely disappointed to hear his comments about Andy Murray, and British tennis in general, after his semi final win the other day. I thought that what he said lacked class and it was unnecessary and disrespectful.

I wanted Murray to win this final anyway but after those comments, I sincerely hope that Murray absolutely hammers him in straight sets.

Very disappointed in Roger, I thought he was better than that.

He's clearly trying to get under Murray's skin and annoy him and trying to unnerve him. I just hope Murray doesn't allow Federer to get to him and he just rises above all that kind of nonsense and can just focus on playing his own game.

Hopefully Murray can play to his best because Federer knows that Andy Murray, playing on top of his game, is more than capable of beating him. He will need to start well and not give Federer any early encouragement. Federer is very experienced in these situations and obviously knows how to get the job done. I also hope Murray can serve well tomorrow. His first serve percentage will probably need to be similar to what it was when he played against John Isner in the 4th round (77%) and his second serve will need to be better than it usually is or else Federer will have a field day with it.

I probably won't be on here tomorrow morning during the match so I hope my next post on this thread is congratulating Andy on a fantastic win and a historic achievement. All that's left to say is;

Come on Andy, the whole country is behind you! :thumbsup:

Hainan Hibs
31-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Do it for Scotland:thumbsup:

NOLA
31-01-2010, 01:26 AM
he represents GB tennis, not craiglockart tennis!

VegasHibby
31-01-2010, 05:01 AM
Not sure if Andy Murray is a Hibee or not but I wish him alot of luck as he will need it to beat Federer. Who is considered by many to be the greatest tennis player of ALL time !
If Murray wins he'll be the first Brit in 72 years to win a Grand Slam( I think?)

You can do it Andy !!!

Fife-Hibee
31-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Mon' Andy! Hibby or not, nice to see a British player fulfill his potential! :thumbsup:

Sandy
31-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Not sure if Andy Murray is a Hibee or not but I wish him alot of luck as he will need it to beat Federer. Who is considered by many to be the greatest tennis player of ALL time !
If Murray wins he'll be the first Brit in 72 years to win a Grand Slam( I think?)

You can do it Andy !!!

He is a Hibee, of that I can assure you, both him and his brother. :agree: Oh aye, good luck Andy. :notworthy:

VegasHibby
31-01-2010, 05:30 AM
He is a Hibee, of that I can assure you, both him and his brother. :agree: Oh aye, good luck Andy. :notworthy:

Yep you're right just did a bit of research he's a Hibee for sure. Also says his grandad Roy Erskine played for Hibs in the 50's.......

CallumLaidlaw
31-01-2010, 07:12 AM
LETS GO ANDY LETS GO!!!!! :notworthy:

CallumLaidlaw
31-01-2010, 07:17 AM
0830 Start - BBC1, BBCHD, British Eurosport

If Murray wins, he becomes the first Brit to win a Slam since Fred Perry in 1936

He will also go back to Number 2 in the World.

COME ON ANDY!!!!!! :notworthy:

Flemington hibb
31-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Two Hibees at the Grand Slam, I'm there too along with a few other hibs fans!!!

ronaldo7
31-01-2010, 07:19 AM
Two Hibees at the Grand Slam, I'm there too along with a few other hibs fans!!!

Lets hear some Hibees Hibees chants then:greengrin

ZippytheHibee
31-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Come on Andy, you can do it!

Flemington hibb
31-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Thought about wearing the Jersey but security are a bit twitchy about fooy jerseys after Croatian and Chillian halfwits started acting up earlier in the comp. Will be giving it big licks if he wins.

Mikey_1875
31-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Coomon Andy :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
31-01-2010, 07:50 AM
Broken in his first service game, and looking pretty sluggish so far.

C'mon Andy......

Barney McGrew
31-01-2010, 07:53 AM
MUCH better :thumbsup:

Breaks back straight away, game on

CallumLaidlaw
31-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Broken in his first service game, and looking pretty sluggish so far.

C'mon Andy......

and he breaks straight back!!! :thumbsup:

The amount of times Murray breaks back after being broken is unreal!

Couple of quality shots there!

CallumLaidlaw
31-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Fed breaks again and will now serve for the set :boo hoo:

Mikey_1875
31-01-2010, 08:25 AM
*sigh* :grr:

2nd set is crucial!

AugustaHibs
31-01-2010, 08:47 AM
3-2 Second Set, C'mon Murray!

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

C'mon Andy got to be better than that.

Betty Boop
31-01-2010, 09:10 AM
Federer at his best! :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
31-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Not looking good now. Federer 2 sets up.
Would take a miracle now the way Federer is playing.

CallumLaidlaw
31-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Surprised at 2 sets down that Murray is only 15/2 to win the match :confused:

Baw187
31-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Surprised at 2 sets down that Murray is only 15/2 to win the match :confused:

Aye - I went on to PP after the 2nd set to fire on a bet and then though otherwise.

CallumLaidlaw
31-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Aye - I went on to PP after the 2nd set to fire on a bet and then though otherwise.

Murray with a great break in the 3rd set. now 5-2 up.

Odds have dropped to 15/4. terrible price

Betty Boop
31-01-2010, 10:23 AM
All over.

Baw187
31-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Murray with a great break in the 3rd set. now 5-2 up.

Odds have dropped to 15/4. terrible price

Well they've lost themselves some cash from me with their silly prices.

Mikey_1875
31-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Never turned up at all today.

Betty Boop
31-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Maca has just been on the Five Live tennis phone-in. He gets about! :greengrin

Barney McGrew
31-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Maca has just been on the Five Live tennis phone-in. He gets about! :greengrin

He's not the only one.

The caller before him was 'Shaun from Oxford' who it seems has now taken from being an uberbore on all things Yam (despite having been to the PBS twice) to an authority on all things tennis. So authorititive that they faded him out once his eh point had eh gone on for eh two minutes in a Shabby-stylee.

I'm so glad we punted him from here.

Betty Boop
31-01-2010, 11:24 AM
He's not the only one.

The caller before him was 'Shaun from Oxford' who it seems has now taken from being an uberbore on all things Yam (despite having been to the PBS twice) to an authority on all things tennis. So authorititive that they faded him out once his eh point had eh gone on for eh two minutes in a Shabby-stylee.

I'm so glad we punted him from here.

Missed him! :greengrin I just switched the radio on as they announced Maca.

ArabHibee
31-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Missed him! :greengrin I just switched the radio on as they announced Maca.

Do you mean Macar? WTF was he snivelling about now?

Barney McGrew
31-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Missed him!

Lucky you.

His mum must be going mental at how high her phone bills will be getting, what with him calling all the talk shows at the moment.

Betty Boop
31-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Do you mean Macar? WTF was he snivelling about now?

Aye! He was just saying that Andy Murray was making good progress, and would win a Grand Slam soon. :greengrin

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Lucky you.

His mum must be going mental at how high her phone bills will be getting, what with him calling all the talk shows at the moment.

He certainly gets around the airwaves, I've heard him on 606 as well. :faf:

ArabHibee
31-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Lucky you.

His Mum's no that daft. He phones all the talk shows from his mobile. And the tax payers pay for the privilege off the benefits he gets.

Back to the topic. Here's Federer's interview after the semi-final. From about 1.5 minutes left. Deffo went down in my estimations a bit.

http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/tennis/Dropshot-Lob--und-dann-schlage-ich-den-Ball-zwischen-den-Beinen/story/21016666 (http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/sport/tennis/Dropshot-Lob--und-dann-schlage-ich-den-Ball-zwischen-den-Beinen/story/21016666)

Get him next time Andy!!

PC Stamp
31-01-2010, 11:59 AM
He'll not win a slam final against Federer until he stops showing him so much respect. Murray went back to defensive baseline tennis again today and got walloped. He'd adopted a far more attacking strategy in all his games prior to today. Federer laps up defensive opponents and did so again today.

For all those slating Federer's comments .... everything said before a match is psycholgy. His comments after the final about Murray being far too good a player not to win a grand slam title are more revealing IMHO.

Ed De Gramo
31-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Thought it was a decent final...

Murray looked knackered after the second set whereas Fed looked like he was just about to start playing.

Murray will win a grand slam at some point, he's just not on the same scale as Fed at the moment.

Think Becker said that he saw Fed at Queens Club when he was just starting out...Fed was blowing out his erse after one set...so there is hope for AM

But well done to Roger :thumbsup::thumbsup: