PDA

View Full Version : "Mowbray ditches Brown" - Celtic deny story, threaten to sue

Pages : [1] 2

Part/Time Supporter
20-01-2010, 07:36 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/20/exclusive-celtic-tell-scott-brown-he-has-no-future-at-club-86908-21981012/

Usual tear-jerking guff from Jackson, but no doubt it is true given the connection between him and the twins.

Tony Mowbray has stunned star man Scott Brown by telling him he has no future at Celtic. Record Sport understands the Scotland midfielder was given the bombshell news during a showdown meeting with Mowbray before Christmas - and that the manager made it clear he hoped to sell him during the January transfer window.

Is Mowbray trying to get the sack off Celtic?

:confused:

Newhaven
20-01-2010, 07:39 AM
Tomorrow there will be another Record Exclusive from Katie (written by Keech) begging his pal to stay!!

Pass the sick bucket :bye:

robinp
20-01-2010, 07:41 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/01/20/exclusive-celtic-tell-scott-brown-he-has-no-future-at-club-86908-21981012/

Usual tear-jerking guff from Jackson, but no doubt it is true given the connection between him and the twins.

Is Mowbray trying to get the sack off Celtic?

:confused:

Crazy stuff - the comments at the foot of the article are fantastic -

Good on you,Tony.
It didn't take you long to discover what most of the fans realised a long time ago-that he isn't cut out for a team that play the way Celtic do.

Part/Time Supporter
20-01-2010, 07:58 AM
Crazy stuff - the comments at the foot of the article are fantastic -

Celtc fans are yearning for the days of O'Neill when they were spanking teams every other week. Some of them still haven't woken up to the fact that those days aren't coming back anytime soon.

Perhaps Mowbray hasn't either. He seems to be binning their more effective players and is replacing them with unknown quantities.

joe breezy
20-01-2010, 08:10 AM
You won't meet many or even any Celtic fans who think Brown is an effective player

s.a.m
20-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Time for Rod to put in a derisory offer, and for Board members to make public statements about young Scotty's rights, and how Celtic are infringing them?

uk3doorsdown
20-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Bring Broonie back :thumbsup:

SolentHibee
20-01-2010, 08:23 AM
Good. When he goes somewhere else, I can maybe start liking him again.

matty_f
20-01-2010, 08:39 AM
You won't meet many or even any Celtic fans who think Brown is an effective player

:agree:

The blame for that lies firmly at the feet of Strachan, IMHO.

Brown was a great talent when he was here, with the potential to be one of the best midfielders that Scotland has ever produced.

Strachan never had a clue how to get the best out of him, and instead played him in a role that stifled everything that was good about Brown's game.

I hope he moves on and gets a manager that can get the best out of him. In that respect, I'm surprised Mowbray can't get him performing to a higher level. Maybe he just wants the wage freed up.:dunno:

I'd have Brown back at Hibs in a nano-second.:agree:

joe breezy
20-01-2010, 08:44 AM
I agree, I think Broonie could still make his mark in the Premiership though so doubt we'll see him back at ER.

Maybe McLeish would realise his worth?

Baw187
20-01-2010, 08:44 AM

Brown was a great talent when he was here, with the potential to be one of the best midfielders that Scotland has ever produced.

Strachan never had a clue how to get the best out of him, and instead played him in a role that stifled everything that was good about Brown's game.

I hope he moves on and gets a manager that can get the best out of him. In that respect, I'm surprised Mowbray can't get him performing to a higher level. Maybe he just wants the wage freed up.:dunno:

That's like saying, I'd like to win the lottery and have a 24x7 hoe train of playboy playmates satisfy my every desire. :rolleyes:

Still think given the choice I'd have Broonaldo back at Hibs tho. :greengrin

copycat
20-01-2010, 08:48 AM

that will be why he was voted POY by them last year :wink:

Barney McGrew
20-01-2010, 09:04 AM
I'm surprised Mowbray can't get him performing to a higher level. Maybe he just wants the wage freed up

I'd guess that's the root of it - they'll get a £5m+ fee that can be used to buy other players and free up £30k a week of wages.

It's an easy sacrifice for Mowbray to make because the Sellik fans have decided Broony doesn't have it.

He'll end up in the Premiership or high end Championship and be a star IMO.

zlatan
20-01-2010, 09:06 AM
that will be why he was voted POY by them last year :wink:

Did Caldwell not win that award the season before?

He's not kicked a ball since moving to Celtic.

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-01-2010, 09:06 AM
The thing I simply cannot understand about this football club is the way they hound players from other SPL teams then discard them like trash, Celtic play against the same teams as we do and Scott Brown was one the best midfielders I have ever seen at ER in over 50 years supporting Hibs, a lesson must be learned here by ANY player wanting to sign for the ugly sisters, the grass ain't greener on the other side

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Celtic fans, in a way have been spoiled over teh years when it comes to midfielders.

Brown does not protect the defence the way a McLeoad, a Lennon or Aitken did.

Brown does not have the vision of a Lambert, MCStay or Collins.

Brown does not have the steel of a McLeod, Alan Thomson or Mjallby when he played there.

He does not have the craft, skill and sublime skill of Moravcik, McStay, McGeady or Burns.

He does not have the goal threat of a Petrov, Moravcik, Burns or even a Morten Weighorst

He has not shown the box to box energy of a Petrov, or even a fit Phil O'Donnell.

He does not hava killer free kick like Moravcik, Nakamura, Petrov or Thomson.

He doesn not even have the composure and simple passing ability that N'Guemo and Crosas have brought to the side.

He'll have been at Celtic three years come May and if we can get £2,5m for him, I'd take it, be it now or in the summer. In fact so would most Celtic fans I know.

Granted he showed a lot for Hibs and I would say that Strchan's track record with midfielders at Celtic has played a huge part in his development (or lack of)

as for him winning our player of the year, well someone had to win it. Its the old "best dressed man in Albania" accolade.

MSK
20-01-2010, 09:16 AM
Mowbray is a bit like the enigma that is Strachan ...ginger baws signed Killen, Robson & Flood but used them all very sparingly ....then feks off tae boro & takes the three of them down there ...:confused:

Mowbray on the other hand wanting rid of Brown ...:confused:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Celtc fans are yearning for the days of O'Neill when they were spanking teams every other week. Some of them still haven't woken up to the fact that those days aren't coming back anytime soon.

Perhaps Mowbray hasn't either. He seems to be binning their more effective players and is replacing them with unknown quantities.

We're yearning for the days of defenders being able to do the basics and forwarsd to actually be in the box and not play 30 or 40 yards apart.

We are also yearning for the last of the imposters being hunted.

I think teh league is vert tall order now after the result at teh weekend, but teh hardcore, the "course and distance" guys, those who were at Cappielow last night, know Mowbray needs time and a bit of luck. If he had half the luck that Strachan had (and he had luck beyond compare), then we'd be sitting at the top of the league.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Mowbray is a bit like the enigma that is Strachan ...ginger baws signed Killen, Robson & Flood but used them all very sparingly ....then feks off tae boro & takes the three of them down there ...:confused:

Mowbray on the other hand wanting rid of Brown ...:confused:

Key point though is that Mowbray never signed Brown.

Maybe he see's Brown as a square peg for a round hole, if you get my drift. He might still rate him, but he might not see him as being what Celtic need.

Andy74
20-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Tend to agree about Brown, surging runs and lots of energy but not much end product. Thought the same at Hibs. Celtic have tried to make him a more rounded footballer but it hasn't worked.

hibsbollah
20-01-2010, 09:21 AM
What annoys me most about this sorry saga is it will provide more ammunition for the 'he was good at Hibs but couldnt make the step up to a higher level' brigade:yawn: I'm sure radio Scotland will take a similar view to Jacks post above.

I'm sure that Brown will be a success elsewhere.

Part/Time Supporter
20-01-2010, 09:23 AM

Granted, but they are also gearing up to sell off McDonald, McGeady and have already sold Caldwell and Robson.

Barney McGrew
20-01-2010, 09:23 AM
If he had half the luck that Strachan had (and he had luck beyond compare), then we'd be sitting at the top of the league.

:hilarious

Aye luck would make up the nine points right enough.

You're not top of the league because Rangers have won more points than you. Right now they're a better team and they're more consistent. It's got nothing to do with luck (or lack of)

Part/Time Supporter
20-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Celtic fans, in a way have been spoiled over teh years when it comes to midfielders.

Brown does not have the steel of a McLeod, Alan Thomson or Mjallby when he played there.

He does not have the craft, skill and sublime skill of Moravcik, McStay, McGeady or Burns.

He does not have the goal threat of a Petrov, Moravcik, Burns or even a Morten Weighorst

He has not shown the box to box energy of a Petrov, or even a fit Phil O'Donnell.

He doesn not even have the composure and simple passing ability that N'Guemo and Crosas have brought to the side.

He'll have been at Celtic three years come May and if we can get £2,5m for him, I'd take it, be it now or in the summer. In fact so would most Celtic fans I know.

Granted he showed a lot for Hibs and I would say that Strchan's track record with midfielders at Celtic has played a huge part in his development (or lack of)

as for him winning our player of the year, well someone had to win it. Its the old "best dressed man in Albania" accolade.

That would all be valid if Celtic were bringing in better, but they're not.

1875er
20-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Its the old "best dressed man in Albania" accolade.

Fair play that made me laugh!!

On Broonie ... the sooner he gets out of Darkheid the better...another great prospect ruined by the Old Firm.

jacomo
20-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Mowbray's tenure at Celtic is getting more and more weird.

He knows all about Brown, and helped develop his career at Hibs. He also knows that Brown has been suffering with his ankle this season and so unable to give his best. Why empty him?

Meanwhile, Mark Venus looks utterly fed up. How long is this going to continue?

bingo70
20-01-2010, 09:36 AM
TBH i find it hard to disagree with anything Jack is saying, from the outside looking in at Celtic it appears he's struggled as no-one seems to know what his best role in midfield is, doesn't offer enough of a goal threat to be an attacking midfielder but having him playing deeper is a waste of all his energy.

IMO there is still a terrific player in there if he can get the right team and manager, the best he played at hibs was when John Collins was here and he was getting the right balance of driving forward and controlling the game so considering JC's footballing philosophies a move abroad may suit him best.

On a side note if he does leave that'll be another scotsman away from Celtic and there's not too many of them left which is no coincidence why they're struggling a bit and Rangers are running away with the league, all very well getting good cheap foreigners but need to have a Scottish core to the side that knows what our games all about IMO.

500miles
20-01-2010, 09:38 AM
Time for Yogi to get the gold-dust out. ( I know it would never happen, but a man can dream!)

Mon Dieu4
20-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I dont care, he made his choice, to hell with him :agree:

Sandy
20-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Mowbray must have lost the plot, I rated Scott Brown very highly whilst he was with us, probably (IMO) up there with John Collins in my time watching Hibs. Celtic have wasted his undoubted talent, granted he is not as much a goal threat as he should be, but that could have been coached into him. Would take him back to ER in a heartbeat, although it ain't going to happen.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Granted, but they are also gearing up to sell off McDonald, McGeady and have already sold Caldwell and Robson.

We are not gearing up to sell McGeady. Venus was mis quoted in the press.

He said "every player has his price" We don't need to sell McGeady, but if we got a silly offer, then he would be sold.

I reckon McDonald will be sold, but hopefully not until the summer - another player I would shed no tears over losing.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:09 AM
:hilarious

Aye luck would make up the nine points right enough.

You're not top of the league because Rangers have won more points than you. Right now they're a better team and they're more consistent. It's got nothing to do with luck (or lack of)

Luck does play a huge part in football. We've been over thsi last week, but we've suffered from some shocking decisions in the two gamnes v Rangers and have been denied stone wall penalties in drawn games at home to Dundee United and Falkirk.

bawheid
20-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Maybe when Mowbray said he had unfinished business in Scotland, this is what he meant?

Well done Mogga, destroying Celtic from the inside out.

Zibi Malkowski might be available?

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Fair play that made me laugh!!

On Broonie ... the sooner he gets out of Darkheid the better...another great prospect ruined by the Old Firm.

Time will tell on that. But speaking purely on Celtic sigings, plenty of these players "ruined" had been given plenty of chances and simply could not cut the mustrad despite numerous chances - so its not as cut and dried as you make out.

Other have indeed "made it". So its like all transfers - some make it, some don't and some do just okay.

Steve20
20-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Luck does play a huge part in football. We've been over thsi last week, but we've suffered from some shocking decisions in the two gamnes v Rangers and have been denied stone wall penalties in drawn games at home to Dundee United and Falkirk.

Oh, here we go again. The refs are against Celtic, blah blah blah..... :boo hoo: :rolleyes:

You get as many decisions as the Huns.

bawheid

That's a real shame for you. No one else in the league has to put up with refereeing mistakes of course...

JackRegan
Maybe when Mowbray said he had unfinished business in Scotland, this is what he meant?

Well done Mogga, destroying Celtic from the inside out.

Zibi Malkowski might be available?

How in Gods name can you come to that conclusion when he wa sleft a mess. You have no idea.

Jim44
Mowbray must have lost the plot, I rated Scott Brown very highly whilst he was with us, probably (IMO) up there with John Collins in my time watching Hibs. Celtic have wasted his undoubted talent, granted he is not as much a goal threat as he should be, but that could have been coached into him. Would take him back to ER in a heartbeat, although it ain't going to happen.

I was scrolling down reading all the posts carefully and going through my mind was 'Mowbray must have lost the plot.' Totally agree, Sandy. Mowbray is being found out and I'll be astounded if he lasts the season. Maybe the only thing that'll save him is that he might be too expensive to get rid of. Another poster is surprised at Strachan's dealings with Robson, Flood and Killen. I think this could be is another example of a manager cracking up and panicking. We're hardly setting the heather on fire but reading about the plight of other clubs is a great distraction. I definitely think that 'schadenfreude' is half the fun of being a football supporter. :greengrin

bawheid
20-01-2010, 10:14 AM
How in Gods name can you come to that conclusion when he wa sleft a mess. You have no idea.

Well, he's selling anything decent and signing a lot of gash. Quite a simple conclusion to reach really.

Edit: And keep Sauzee out of this will you? :wink:

J-C
20-01-2010, 10:15 AM

He did when he was at Hibs though

Again I refer you to the above answer

Once again, see above

This is all getting very predictable isn't it Jack.

Once again another example of the 2 ugly sisters desperate to grab all the best talent in Scotland and turn them in to decidedly average players, the quicker some of these younger players realise that playing for the OF will ruin your career.:confused:

Ginger Baw Bag decided the Donatti for some reason was a better player than Brown as the powerhouse midfielder and made Brown play in a more reserved role, total waste, plus he's been recovering from injuries for about a season now.

Just look at the talent wasted by the OF
Robson, Brown, Thomson, Riordan, Miller( first time round ), Flood.

GordonR
20-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Celtc fans are yearning for the days of O'Neill when they were spanking teams every other week. Some of them still haven't woken up to the fact that Henrik Larsen isn't coming back anytime soon.

Fixed that for you, mate. :wink:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:17 AM
That's a real shame for you. No one else in the league has to put up with refereeing mistakes of course...

i'm not going to go over what I was on about last week, but what I stand by is that, when Rangers and Celtic are tight in theeague, or when Rangers need teh points, teh refs do them serious favours. I also conceded that, normally at celtic park - Celtic DO get teh benefit of teh doubt.

When it comes told firm games - they are hardly ever the victim of big decisions where we are.

I challeged Hibs fans on here and theresident hun via PM to give me a big decision thatw ent against Rangers in a big game - any big game, but mostly OF games. I said that if they came up with one, I'd come up with three that went against Celtic. I got one example (from 1989) and nothin from the hun via PM.

the big difference for me is that when you say to the SFA, the Sottish Sports Media or huns taht foreign refs should be brought in for OF games, they are dead against it, whereas we are all for it.

I want to keep this on topic (despite the efforts of some on here to suit wee agendas)

johnrebus
20-01-2010, 10:20 AM

Was agreeing with most of what you have said up till now Jack, then you come up with the usual Celtic ' chip on the shoulder ' , pish.

Get a grip.

:yawn:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:21 AM
That would all be valid if Celtic were bringing in better, but they're not.

N'Guemo and Crosas have both performed better than Brown and Ki, looked very promising.

Also, with Brown not being moved on yet, you can't say he's been replaced yet, so its a moot point you make.

mim
20-01-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure I believe a single word of the DR article - surprise, surprise. :wink:

As far as I'm aware, Brown's latest surgery, just before Christmas, was in Harley Street, not Amsterdam.

Mowbray knows Brown's ability and worth perfectly well. The only possible reasons for moving him on are either a doubt about his recovery from the ankle problem or to raise funds to strengthen in other areas of the team.

Brown has been the best midfielder in the country for years and, if he is to get back to full fitness, I hope it is away from Parkhead, because these cretins wouldn't know a player if they were sleeping with him.

.....and as for some of Jack Regan's comments: "He has not shown the box to box energy of a Petrov, or even a fit Phil O'Donnell": I almost pissed myself laughing.

Expecting Rain
20-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Scott Brown was a dynamic player in midfield for Hibs, Strachan took all the fire out of his game and tried to mould him into Neil Lennon, wether he makes it in the EPL is another story, personally i hope he does, he was generous to Hibs when he left and that shouldn`t be forgotten.

sambajustice
20-01-2010, 10:24 AM
2 things I think are behind this...

1. Strachan never got him playing well.

2. Wages.

Brown must be one of the highest earners at Celtic Park now, possibly only behind Boruc, and perhaps Samaras. His wages are probably enough for another 1.5-2.5 players. (How you sign half a player I do not know...! :confused: :greengrin )

We dont need Brown now anyway, we've got Rankin.

bingo70
i'm not going to go over what I was on about last week, but what I stand by is that, when Rangers and Celtic are tight in theeague, or when Rangers need teh points, teh refs do them serious favours. I also conceded that, normally at celtic park - Celtic DO get teh benefit of teh doubt.

When it comes told firm games - they are hardly ever the victim of big decisions where we are.

I challeged Hibs fans on here and theresident hun via PM to give me a big decision thatw ent against Rangers in a big game - any big game, but mostly OF games. I said that if they came up with one, I'd come up with three that went against Celtic. I got one example (from 1989) and nothin from the hun via PM.

the big difference for me is that when you say to the SFA, the Sottish Sports Media or huns taht foreign refs should be brought in for OF games, they are dead against it, whereas we are all for it.

I want to keep this on topic (despite the efforts of some on here to suit wee agendas)

IMO there is no conspiracies, no favouritism for either side, whether its at Ibrox, Parkhead or wherever, just a lot of terrible referees that aren't even good enough to cheat effectively. I'm not going to look through the history books though as to be honest i don't care enough either way.

bawheid

I thought Sellick paranoia died in 1998 when they prevented 10-in-a-row and realised that the reason they hadn't won the league for so long was actually because they were gash and Rangers were pretty decent. It seems it's still alive and well.

Maybe lobbing a few pound coins on the pitch and smashing a few windows will put things straight?

Back on topic then, Brown is probably the third best midfielder I've seen at Easter Road (behind Sauzee and Latapy). He was a goal threat, he was a driving force. Check out the youtube of our first 3-0 at Ibrox (Sproule) and our 3-1 win at Celtic Park. That's what Brown's all about. He's still playing in the same league, but with supposedly better players. What then can we conclude has gone wrong?

JackRegan
Was agreeing with most of what you have said up till now Jack, then you come up with the usual Celtic ' chip on the shoulder ' , pish.

Get a grip.

:yawn:

Not a chip on the shoulder at all. We have been on teh wrong end of big decisons in big games and at key times in tight games.

No excuses for the losses at United and Tynecastle. But the two OF games were shocking.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I thought Sellick paranoia died in 1998 when they prevented 10-in-a-row and realised that the reason they hadn't won the league for so long was actually because they were gash and Rangers were pretty decent. It seems it's still alive and well.

Maybe lobbing a few pound coins on the pitch and smashing a few windows will put things straight?

Back on topic then, Brown is probably the third best midfielder I've seen at Easter Road (behind Sauzee and Latapy). He was a goal threat, he was a driving force. Check out the youtube of our first 3-0 at Ibrox (Sproule) and our 3-1 win at Celtic Park. That's what Brown's all about. He's still playing in the same league, but with supposedly better players. What then can we conclude has gone wrong?

Amazing that Celtic fans seem to have no grounds from legitimate complaints about referees and its just dismissed as paranoia.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:26 AM
Fixed that for you, mate. :wink:

what bizarre point are you trying to make???

bawheid
20-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Amazing that Celtic fans seem to have no grounds from legitimate complaints about referees and its just dismissed as paranoia.

Thought you were keeping it on topic? You've ignored the rest of my post and focused on your paranoia. :confused:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:28 AM
Oh, here we go again. The refs are against Celtic, blah blah blah..... :boo hoo: :rolleyes:

You get as many decisions as the Huns.

Okay - I'll challenge you to name me a big decision that went in Celtic's favour v the huns and I'll give you three that went FOR the huns.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:32 AM

That win at celtic Park was nearly 5 years ago.

what has went wrong with Brown? I don't know. I thought he was okay at Hibs. I came on here and heard him get lauded from the highest heavens. I did not see it myself, but you guys saw him week in, week out.

Now as I pointed out in my OP - he gives us nothing that a host of previous Celtic midfielders in the past 20 years have. Nothing.

Now, I am not, dismissing the Strachan factor here - I reckon that might just be the reason. But i don't see Brown, despite umpteen chances being a success at Celtic - I don't see anything there.

soemtimes, for unknown reasons, it just does not work for some players at some clubs.

If he goes, I wish him all the very best, but on what I've seen of him at Celtic, I just don't see him doing anything.

Expecting Rain
20-01-2010, 10:33 AM

Jack, Celtic and Rangers are utter mince at the moment and you know it, reflected in their signings or er..............lack off, they are more into marketing these days, trying to sell the club to potential fans in Japan,China,Korea ect....................let these people support their own clubs.
Most of the time you need money to be successful, hence the reasons that the Old Firm have virtually dominated Scottish football began, now the cash is running out guys like Strachan moan about not being able to compete, he and Mowbray are Championship managers, nothing more, reality is kicking in big time and if somebody from the chasing pack shows a bit of bottle or imagination we might eventually see new SPL champions, i hope so.

Mikey
Broonie needs to get himself on a 3 year deal at Hibs, with a view to moving on in 12 - 18 months.

We'd get another £4m for him.

It's a win win :greengrin

JimBHibees

He does however have a fair number of those abilities unlike the vast majority of the players you listed there. He is an excellent all round midfielder and one of the best in Scotland. Given the author of the story this sounds like a W. McKay initiative to get a cut to see him through the next few months. No doubt lined up Happy Harry to put a cheeky offer in.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Scott Brown was a dynamic player in midfield for Hibs, Strachan took all the fire out of his game and tried to mould him into Neil Lennon, wether he makes it in the EPL is another story, personally i hope he does, he was generous to Hibs when he left and that shouldn`t be forgotten.

Good point. Stracahn coached players to death. You only need to look at Donati in Italy, who until stracahn got hold of him, was amazing in his first few games for Celtic.

See also Jarosik, Jiri.

bawheid
20-01-2010, 10:34 AM
That win at celtic Park was nearly 5 years ago.

what has went wrong with Brown? I don't know. I thought he was okay at Hibs. I came on here and heard him get lauded from the highest heavens. I did not see it myself, but you guys saw him week in, week out.

Now as I pointed out in my OP - he gives us nothing that a host of previous Celtic midfielders in the past 20 years have. Nothing.

Now, I am not, dismissing the Strachan factor here - I reckon that might just be the reason. But i don't see Brown, despite umpteen chances being a success at Celtic - I don't see anything there.

soemtimes, for unknown reasons, it just does not work for some players at some clubs.

If he goes, I wish him all the very best, but on what I've seen of him at Celtic, I just don't see him doing anything.

Fair post, and as you say, we saw him week in week out before, and you do now. The player you describe is not the Brown that was at Hibs.

Hopefully he can go and regain some of the form and realise some of the potential from a few years ago.

GlesgaeHibby
20-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Not a chip on the shoulder at all. We have been on teh wrong end of big decisons in big games and at key times in tight games.

No excuses for the losses at United and Tynecastle. But the two OF games were shocking.

Absolute nonsense.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/reports/2008-02-24_stm.aspx

A valuable 3 points from a free kick that never was. You've had plenty of incidents like this late on in games in recent years that have helped you, so get over this conspiracy pish.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:35 AM
He does however have a fair number of those abilities unlike the vast majority of the players you listed there. He is an excellent all round midfielder and one of the best in Scotland. Given the author of the story this sounds like a W. McKay initiative to get a cut to see him through the next few months. No doubt lined up Happy Harry to put a cheeky offer in.

Well if he has, I've never seen it.

bawheid
20-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Absolute nonsense.

A valuable 3 points from a free kick that never was. You've had plenty of incidents like this late on in games in recent years that have helped you, so get over this conspiracy pish.

Also remember a ridiculous free kick being awarded 3 minutes into injury time at Rugby Park, which Nakamura then dispatched into the top corner.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Absolute nonsense.

FFS the hype over a FREE KICK!!! The press went into hurting hun over drive on this (Oh aye and I notice you could not cite an example in an OF game) Possibly the most talked about free kick decision ever. that was not long before teh rpess went into overdrive over a Diamond goal dissallowed at Celtic park (the whistle had already blew -w e saw that umnpteen times, but never saw much of the TWO goals Samaras got dissallowed (wrongly) in teh same game.)

Nakamura was fouled!! But okay. As I promised three in favour of teh huns.

1.) Penalty they got against Hearts this Season
2.) Penalty they got v Falkirk last season when Falkirk were winning 1-0.
3.) Their penalty v Hamilton last week in teh Cup.

Okay, now about Scott Brown. Because this will just go round in circles.

Moody Mulder
20-01-2010, 10:40 AM
real scots dont read the record

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Also remember a ridiculous free kick being awarded 3 minutes into injury time at Rugby Park, which Nakamura then dispatched into the top corner.

That was a free kick though and it was bang on the 90. :rolleyes:

There was no dispute over the time added, none whatsoever.

bawheid
20-01-2010, 10:42 AM
FFS the hype over a FREE KICK!!! The press went into hurting hun over drive on this (Oh aye and I notice you could not cite an example in an OF game) Possibly the most talked about free kick decision ever. that was not long before teh rpess went into overdrive over a Diamond goal dissallowed at Celtic park (the whistle had already blew -w e saw that umnpteen times, but never saw much of the TWO goals Samaras got dissallowed (wrongly) in teh same game.)

Nakamura was fouled!! But okay. As I promised three in favour of teh huns.

1.) Penalty they got against Hearts this Season
2.) Penalty they got v Falkirk last season when Falkirk were winning 1-0.
3.) Their penalty v Hamilton last week in teh Cup.

Okay, now about Scott Brown. Because this will just go round in circles.

Did Stephen McManus not punch the ball into the net against Falkirk? It doesn't matter if they're in OF games or not. Three points is three points, and both sides of the OF get helped on their way to them every week.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:42 AM
I'm not sure I believe a single word of the DR article - surprise, surprise. :wink:

As far as I'm aware, Brown's latest surgery, just before Christmas, was in Harley Street, not Amsterdam.

Mowbray knows Brown's ability and worth perfectly well. The only possible reasons for moving him on are either a doubt about his recovery from the ankle problem or to raise funds to strengthen in other areas of the team.

Brown has been the best midfielder in the country for years and, if he is to get back to full fitness, I hope it is away from Parkhead, because these cretins wouldn't know a player if they were sleeping with him.

.....and as for some of Jack Regan's comments: "He has not shown the box to box energy of a Petrov, or even a fit Phil O'Donnell": I almost pissed myself laughing.

You think Brown is a better player that Stillian Petrov??

He might be better than O'Donnell, but O'Donnell's downfall was his fitness and from what I saw of both in a Celtic jersey - O'Donnell was teh far better player.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Did Stephen McManus not punch the ball into the net against Falkirk? It doesn't matter if they're in OF games or not. Three points is three points, and both sides of the OF get helped on their way to them every week.]

It does when I clearly stated that Celtic DO get the benefit most of the time at CP but the bias shows itself in OF games.

bawheid
20-01-2010, 10:44 AM
That was a free kick though and it was bang on the 90. :rolleyes:

"Three minutes of added time were already on the clock after 90 in which Celtic had failed truly to sparkle, and had had a 1-0 lead through Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink pegged back to 1-1 by Colin Nish for the feisty home side."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/kilmarnock-1-celtic-2-nakamuras-late-special-clinches-title-for-celtic-445848.html

It was never a free kick either. I remember bursting out laughing at how ridiculously soft it was.

bingo70
20-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Just the weedgie media trying to unsettle them before there big game against us in a couple of weeks :agree: :wink:

forthhibby
20-01-2010, 10:47 AM
i was told a few weeks ago (from a rangers fan) that Brown was regretting moving to celtic, he hates the culture at the club, could just be the usual old firm banter but considering he played for us with a broken leg he seems to have had a lot of time on the sidelines injured for celtic.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Jack, Celtic and Rangers are utter mince at the moment and you know it, reflected in their signings or er..............lack off, they are more into marketing these days, trying to sell the club to potential fans in Japan,China,Korea ect....................let these people support their own clubs.
Most of the time you need money to be successful, hence the reasons that the Old Firm have virtually dominated Scottish football began, now the cash is running out guys like Strachan moan about not being able to compete, he and Mowbray are Championship managers, nothing more, reality is kicking in big time and if somebody from the chasing pack shows a bit of bottle or imagination we might eventually see new SPL champions, i hope so.

Cash is not so much running out at Celtic, its more a case of the inflated wages and fees and England putting prices up across Europe.

Key example being Pierre Van Hooijdonk. He cost Celtic £1.25m in 1995. He was top scorer for his side, Breda, who were mid table in the Dutch League.

Fast forward to 2005 and allowing for inflation - Giorgios Samaras cost Man City £7.5m for having a similar record for a similar club (Heereneveen).

Also, woudl £6m buy us an EPL Stalwart like Hartson, Sutton or Lennon now? No way. Would 32m buy us an ALan Thomson now? No way.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:50 AM
"Three minutes of added time were already on the clock after 90 in which Celtic had failed truly to sparkle, and had had a 1-0 lead through Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink pegged back to 1-1 by Colin Nish for the feisty home side."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/kilmarnock-1-celtic-2-nakamuras-late-special-clinches-title-for-celtic-445848.html

It was never a free kick either. I remember bursting out laughing at how ridiculously soft it was.

It was a free kick. Although, you are right it was in injury time (I was at the game), but it was still within what was added on.

regardless though, it was haardly nip and tuck in the league though was it? Thats another key point of my argument.

Hibby70
20-01-2010, 10:51 AM
over the 30 years that ive watched hibs i've lost count of the ridiculous decisions that both the old firm get not just against us but all teams. So coming on here greeting about the odd wee decision against your bigot brothers wont get any sympathy from me. Keep logging them in your conspiracy diary though, a must for all celtc fans at xmas.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:53 AM
TBH i find it hard to disagree with anything Jack is saying, from the outside looking in at Celtic it appears he's struggled as no-one seems to know what his best role in midfield is, doesn't offer enough of a goal threat to be an attacking midfielder but having him playing deeper is a waste of all his energy.

IMO there is still a terrific player in there if he can get the right team and manager, the best he played at hibs was when John Collins was here and he was getting the right balance of driving forward and controlling the game so considering JC's footballing philosophies a move abroad may suit him best.

On a side note if he does leave that'll be another scotsman away from Celtic and there's not too many of them left which is no coincidence why they're struggling a bit and Rangers are running away with the league, all very well getting good cheap foreigners but need to have a Scottish core to the side that knows what our games all about IMO.

EH? Are you serious. The two weakest links: Caldwell and McManus were Scottish.

Fair enough it is good to have a Scottish core : Tom Boyd, Paul Lambert, Jackie McNamara - but they have to be good enough in the first place.

MrSmith
20-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I think you'll find this is all about money!

Scott is reportedly on £25k per week basic £28k with win bonus. This will be the factor in him getting booted - to get him off the wage bill!

If any Celtic fan is so naive to think that their club wont sell McGeady for £14million - stupid money for a fake by the way - then best take a good look at yourselves!

McDonald? an enigma...who knows what he does or does well but he does score! worth around £2mil and well gone...

If this report is to believed, then the Celtic directors and their biscuit tin are likely to make in excess of £20million from all of this and have three big earners of the wage bill:

£20 million + in, saving of £3million in wages (estimated) per year! You can actually see these directors rubbing their hands together and smiling with glee at the share out!!

Jim44
20-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Cash is not so much running out at Celtic, its more a case of the inflated wages and fees and England putting prices up across Europe.

Key example being Pierre Van Hooijdonk. He cost Celtic £1.25m in 1995. He was top scorer for his side, Breda, who were mid table in the Dutch League.

Fast forward to 2005 and allowing for inflation - Giorgios Samaras cost Man City £7.5m for having a similar record for a similar club (Heereneveen).

Also, woudl £6m buy us an EPL Stalwart like Hartson, Sutton or Lennon now? No way. Would 32m buy us an ALan Thomson now? No way.

Celtic, Celtic, Celtic..............you yourself said that we should stay on topic, ie Scott Brown. We're interested in this scenario for obvious reasons.............on the other hand, waxing lyrical about the trials and tribulations of Celtic are of little interest over here. :greengrin

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Just the weedgie media trying to unsettle them before there big game against us in a couple of weeks :agree: :wink:

A few Glasgow based hacks have it in for Mowbray. He'll be getting it tight regardless of who we are playing.

Expecting Rain
20-01-2010, 10:56 AM

Jack, wages or fees it is all relative, your team is not splashing out, anyway that is another argument, briefly on decisions, you would be better looking for reasons rather than excuses as to why you are trailing a mediocre Rangers team.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Celtic, Celtic, Celtic..............you yourself said that we should stay on topic, ie Scott Brown. We're interested in this scenario for obvious reasons.............on the other hand, waxing lyrical about the trials and tribulations of Celtic are of little interest over here. :greengrin

I was repsonding to the lad's point that the cash is running out. I posted this to say I agree to an extent, but in Celtic's case it was more the market changing that has had the greater effect on Celtic as opposed to it simply being a case of the cash running out.

So fire away about Scott Brown, you make a point about him and I'll answer it.

bingo70
20-01-2010, 10:57 AM
EH? Are you serious. The two weakest links: Caldwell and McManus were Scottish.

Fair enough it is good to have a Scottish core : Tom Boyd, Paul Lambert, Jackie McNamara - but they have to be good enough in the first place.

Obviously, i didn't say a core to the team with pish Scottish players.

On the face of it i'd say that Celtic have better players than Rangers, however Rangers are 9 points clear, IMO thats because they appear to have a better team spirit, much of which is to do with the vast majorty of the team being Scottish.

How many Scots were involved for Celtic last night Jack?

hibbie02
20-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Looks like Mowbray got rid of him to the US.......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8466995.stm
:cool2:

MrSmith
20-01-2010, 10:58 AM
It was a free kick. Although, you are right it was in injury time (I was at the game), but it was still within what was added on.

regardless though, it was haardly nip and tuck in the league though was it? Thats another key point of my argument.

I remember that! was never a free kick (well maybe for the Celtic player who took it) typical fall over by naka who was getting used to falling over blades of grass!

Expecting Rain
20-01-2010, 10:59 AM

On the face of it i'd say that Celtic have better players than Rangers, however Rangers are 9 points clear, IMO thats because they appear to have a better team spirit, much of which is to do with the vast majorty of the team being Scottish.

With the exception of Le God and Russell latapy, i would rather Hibs went for home grown players.

Captain Trips
20-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Im sure 2 or 3 years on the wages he has reportdly been on should have if used correctly more than set him up for life, that would also go for KT. So that aspect of the transfer has worked out.

So desperate they both where to get there hands on the money it has not workd out playing wise for so for brown, the lack of respect shown when at Hibs to openly get away was unrespectful to the fans IMO. Im very sure all players at ER want 20k pw but there is a way to do it and the way SB conducted himself was IMO not good, and for that I couldnt give a toss if he drifts away into the wilderness and his pal KT can join him.

bingo70
20-01-2010, 11:01 AM
A few Glasgow based hacks have it in for Mowbray. He'll be getting it tight regardless of who we are playing.

Is it not just that maybe the story is true?

My post was tongue and cheek as i find it ridiculous that people on here think that the weejie media will have a conspiracy against us, trying to unsettle us before we play them when the Old Firm normally finish about 30 points ahead of us anyway :wink:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:01 AM
I think you'll find this is all about money!

Scott is reportedly on £25k per week basic £28k with win bonus. This will be the factor in him getting booted - to get him off the wage bill!

If any Celtic fan is so naive to think that their club wont sell McGeady for £14million - stupid money for a fake by the way - then best take a good look at yourselves!

McDonald? an enigma...who knows what he does or does well but he does score! worth around £2mil and well gone...

If this report is to believed, then the Celtic directors and their biscuit tin are likely to make in excess of £20million from all of this and have three big earners of the wage bill:

£20 million + in, saving of £3million in wages (estimated) per year! You can actually see these directors rubbing their hands together and smiling with glee at the share out!!

If we got that for McGEady, I'd love it!! And of course he'd be gone for that amount, although I don't get your point of him being a fake - what do you mean by that?

as for Brown's wages - of course its a factor. We're not getting value for money and if that money can get us better value elsewher - then great, lets go for it. We're getting Crosas, N'Guemo and change at the moment for that!

aLso the last bit in bold, is bang on. Peter Lawwell got a bonus of £450k last year (despite us blowing the league) due to savings made in transfers and wages.

You have no idea how much lawwell is hated among the rank and file by the way.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:04 AM
Is it not just that maybe the story is true?

My post was tongue and cheek as i find it ridiculous that people on here think that the weejie media will have a conspiracy against us, trying to unsettle us before we play them when the Old Firm normally finish about 30 points ahead of us anyway :wink:

I think it is, but the media will put an anti Brown spin on it (with thanks to Mr Willie McKay no doubt)

If this was SMith - it would be "Smith gets tough on under-performing stars".

As for the Glasgow media - they WILL try and upset Hibs, the gutter rats in the tabloids have a disgraceful regard for clubs like Hibs, Hearts and especially Aberdeen. They are lazy, talentless parochial parasites, who have ran down the game in Scotland, whiel making a living out of it and putting nothing back in.

Captain Trips
20-01-2010, 11:05 AM
If we got that for McGEady, I'd love it!! And of course he'd be gone for that amount, although I don't get your point of him being a fake - what do you mean by that?

as for Brown's wages - of course its a factor. We're not getting value for money and if that money can get us better value elsewher - then great, lets go for it. We're getting Crosas, N'Guemo and change at the moment for that!

aLso the last bit in bold, is bang on. Peter Lawwell got a bonus of £450k last year (despite us blowing the league) due to savings made in transfers and wages.

You have no idea how much lawwell is hated among the rank and file by the way.

A fake, I would take it to mean he is vastly overrated.

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 11:05 AM
You think Brown is a better player that Stillian Petrov??
He might be better than O'Donnell, but O'Donnell's downfall was his fitness and from what I saw of both in a Celtic jersey - O'Donnell was teh far better player.

Certainly as good though maybe hasnt got the diving down to a tee yet. :greengrin If Brown leaves Celtic and to be honest he is streets better than cheaper options Crosas and Ngwemo he will play comfortably for years in the EPL.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:07 AM

McGeady. :greengrin

Forrest on the bench

Captain Trips
20-01-2010, 11:09 AM
I think it is, but the media will put an anti Brown spin on it (with thanks to Mr Willie McKay no doubt)

As for the Glasgow media - they WILL try and upset Hibs, the gutter rats in the tabloids have a disgraceful regard for clubs like Hibs, Hearts and especially Aberdeen. They are lazy, talentless parochial parasites, who have ran down the game in Scotland, whiel making a living out of it and putting nothing back in.

Your point on Smith may well have legs that though is the fault of Celtic in having in Strachan a little dick of a man whom tried to be smart with every question asked, I think if you asked most Hibs fans although we dislike the OF that Walter Smith was 10x more a man in interviews and praise if they lost for other team.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:09 AM
Certainly as good though maybe hasnt got the diving down to a tee yet. :greengrin If Brown leaves Celtic and to be honest he is streets better than cheaper options Crosas and Ngwemo he will play comfortably for years in the EPL.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I don't think he offers a fraction of what PEtrov does and okay, soem aspects of his game are better than N'Guemo and Crosas are better.

But those guys are tidier and more effective players. We're missing N'Guemo more than Brown, thats for sure.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Your point on Smith may well have legs that though is the fault of Celtic in having in Strachan a little dick of a man whom tried to be smart with every question asked, I think if you asked most Hibs fans although we dislike the OF that Walter Smith was 10x more a man in interviews and praise if they lost for other team.

No argument there!!

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:11 AM
A fake, I would take it to mean he is vastly overrated.

He's a smashing player, but not a complete player is how I'd describe him.

If we do sell him, it has to be in the summer, not now.

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 11:13 AM
Okay - I'll challenge you to name me a big decision that went in Celtic's favour v the huns and I'll give you three that went FOR the huns.

Scott McDonald last season clearly offside goal. Soft penalty by Whittaker against McDonald last season, think it was outside the box. Horrific challenge by Van Hooydonk last season on was it Faye, clear sending off but only a yellow.

Any number of 2 footed challenges by McManus over the years in other games without any red card being shown.

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 11:14 AM
McGeady. :greengrin

Forrest on the bench

Ye cannae have it both ways. :greengrin

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Well we'll have to agree to disagree on this. I don't think he offers a fraction of what PEtrov does and okay, soem aspects of his game are better than N'Guemo and Crosas are better.

But those guys are tidier and more effective players. We're missing N'Guemo more than Brown, thats for sure.

Yep totally disagree with that assessment especially regarding Ngwemo and Crosas.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:17 AM
Jack, wages or fees it is all relative, your team is not splashing out, anyway that is another argument, briefly on decisions, you would be better looking for reasons rather than excuses as to why you are trailing a mediocre Rangers team.

No point in spending money you don't havbe.

On the other point - the reasons.

Strachan sigining 40 players in 4 years and letting the quality diminish year on year.

strachan being given this leeway because he was a yes man.

Strachan signing self effacing yes men types because he could not handle big Characters.

strachan playing stunnigly bad football and the board allowing his success to mask the real issues we were going to face.

Lawwell making a complete mess of at least there key transfer tragets.

Dermot Desmond, putting a stop to new sigings when the husn went out to Kaunus, thinking they's have a fire sale - their friends at the bank did teh opposite and leant dodgy Dave money for £15m worth of players (that they still cannot afford).

thats why we are where we are.

then there is a host of about two dozen other gripes I have with Reid, Lawwell and Desmond. :greengrin

hibsbollah
20-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Am i right in thinking that Brown supported Ramgers as a boy? could be hes just not 'celticminded' enough for the support.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Scott McDonald last season clearly offside goal. Soft penalty by Whittaker against McDonald last season, think it was outside the box. Horrific challenge by Van Hooydonk last season on was it Faye, clear sending off but only a yellow.

Any number of 2 footed challenges by McManus over the years in other games without any red card being shown.

Scott McDonald's goal at Ibrox? He turned teh defender who was behind him??

Soft penalty by Whittaker? Is this the 3-2 game in 2008? It was a stone waller!

You mean Vennegoor on Faye?

Okay - that's 9 I woe you, despite the spuriosu nature of two of those.

1.) Lafferty's challenge last week.
2.) McCulloch elbowing Manus in the first OF game.
3.) Zheng Zhi being stamped on by Novo at Ibrox
4.) Maloney penalty claim (the one he never got booked for at Ibrox)
5.) The penaly he did get booked for
6.) Lafferty not getting booked for diving in the last game, while he's on a yellow
7.) Fortune's goal in the last game.
8.) Huns goal - not a corner.
9.) Last season now - COusin's assault on McManus, as instructed by McCoist who winks at him and clenches his fist (seen on TV) whats also on TV is that when Cosuin goes on, McCoistmakes a number 5, with his hand then clenches his fist.

You kept it recent, so I have done likewise as best I can, althouh I think there is another staring at me, that I cannae mind just now.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Am i right in thinking that Brown supported Ramgers as a boy? could be hes just not 'celticminded' enough for the support.

Seriously, your going to have to do better than that.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:27 AM

Pretty arrogant stuff there Mike - trust me. We know a player and we know an imposter.

hibsbollah
20-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Seriously, your going to have to do better than that.

So you would have no preference what team Brown supported?

Captain Trips
20-01-2010, 11:31 AM

6.) Lafferty not getting booked for diving in the last game, while he's on a yellow
9.) Last season now - COusin's assault on McManus, as instructed by McCoist who winks at him and clenches his fist (seen on TV) whats also on TV is that when Cosuin goes on, McCoistmakes a number 5, with his hand then clenches his fist.

You kept it recent, so I have done likewise as best I can, althouh I think there is another staring at me, that I cannae mind just now.

IMO Jack its easy for you to come up with this stuff as we dont keep such a close eye on Rangers, what we may all agree on at Hibs.net is the disgusting decisions your club has had and Rangers over the years against us. No need for lists the OF have had plenty. All of the above just smacks of the paranoia that I would associate with Celtic.

I am in Glasgow and have been all life, I can speak to my mates whom are both season ticket holders at both clubs, the Rangers fans think the opposite and they get no decisions so who is right. What is clear as far as Hibs are concerened the OF have had it there own way too long.

What I will add it leaves a bitter taste seeing an OF fan on here moaning about decisions against them, you want to try watching Hibs for a while.

mim
20-01-2010, 11:37 AM
Pretty arrogant stuff there Mike - trust me. We know a player and we know an imposter.

Nothing arrogant about it.......and no, I won't trust you.
Quite simply, if you think Phil O'Donnell was a better midfielder than Scott Brown, your knowledge of the game is somewhere around zero.

In any case, I didn't compare the respective merits of Brown and O'Donnell as midfield players - I just had a good guffaw at your cretinous suggestion that Petrov and O'Donnell are (were) better box to box midfielders than Brown.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:38 AM
So you would have no preference what team Brown supported?

None whatsoever. Once they sign for Celtic, thats good enough us.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Nothing arrogant about it.......and no, I won't trust you.
Quite simply, if you think Phil O'Donnell was a better midfielder than Scott Brown, your knowledge of the game is somewhere around zero.

In any case, I didn't compare the respective merits of Brown and O'Donnell as midfield players - I just had a good guffaw at your cretinous suggestion that Petrov and O'Donnell are (were) better box to box midfielders than Brown.

I am talking about their performance in a celtic shirt - where I am better placed that you to comment.

And yes, when fit O'Donnell should more drive, better passing and had more of a goal threat than Brown.

As for Petrov, he is ten times the player Brown is. Nothing "creitinous" about it.

Again, Its an informed and shared opinion, based on watching these guys over long periods.

MrSmith
20-01-2010, 11:43 AM
By a fake, I mean: he is not worth £4milion let alone the ridiculous amount of £14million.

He has an ability maybe two, speed and his one trick!

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:46 AM
IMO Jack its easy for you to come up with this stuff as we dont keep such a close eye on Rangers, what we may all agree on at Hibs.net is the disgusting decisions your club has had and Rangers over the years against us. No need for lists the OF have had plenty. All of the above just smacks of the paranoia that I would associate with Celtic.

I am in Glasgow and have been all life, I can speak to my mates whom are both season ticket holders at both clubs, the Rangers fans think the opposite and they get no decisions so who is right. What is clear as far as Hibs are concerened the OF have had it there own way too long.

What I will add it leaves a bitter taste seeing an OF fan on here moaning about decisions against them, you want to try watching Hibs for a while.

Fair enough and I should not be talking about it on here. But if you live in Glasgow, you know that Celtic fans always ask Rangers fans to come up with big decisions that went our way in OF games. And how Celtic fans always say "they only ever come up with a throw in in 1989 and Davie Robertson's goal in 1995" :greengrin

hibsbollah
20-01-2010, 11:46 AM
None whatsoever. Once they sign for Celtic, thats good enough us.

Baws. You might be as tolerant as the day is long, I know a number of Celtic fans who would never accept a hun in the hoops, even if he claimed 'the wind that shakes the barley' was his favourite film ever.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:47 AM
By a fake, I mean: he is not worth £4milion let alone the ridiculous amount of £14million.

He has an ability maybe two, speed and his one trick!

I'd say he's worth way more than £4m.

Kato
20-01-2010, 11:47 AM

Too true.

Jack's in the wrong place if he wants to whine about decisions given against Celtic versus the other side of the Old Firm coin.

Not in the least bit interested, and as you say if he thinks Celtic have been hard done by then he hasn't a clue what it's like supporting a non-Glasgow-Mafia team.

IWasThere2016
20-01-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd say he's worth way more than £4m.

aye, ye've made him a better player right enough :rolleyes:

1875er
20-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Too true.

Jack's in the wrong place if he wants to whine about decisions given against Celtic versus the other side of the Old Firm coin.

Not in the least bit interested, and as you say if he thinks Celtic have been hard done by then he hasn't a clue what it's like supporting a non-Glasgow-Mafia team.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:52 AM
Baws. You might be as tolerant as the day is long, I know a number of Celtic fans who would never accept a hun in the hoops, even if he claimed 'the wind that shakes the barley' was his favourite film ever.

this is nonsnese. I'm always wary as to the motives of people who bring this up.

it has never been a problem inthe past and teh fact that Stepehen McManus and Gary Caldwell are/were the two most vilified Celtic players in recent years kicks your unfounded and bizarre allegations into touch. Even Kenny Miller and Stephen Pressley says it was never a problem with the support (in fact the support went out their way to welcome Miller!).

Jock Stein, Kenny Dalglish, Davie Provan, Tommy Gemmell, Danny McGrain, Paul Lambert, Willie Wallace, Bertie Auld. All guys who sadi tehy were Rangers fans- all were local guys who were known to be Rangers fans. All were loved and adored by Celtic fans.

No-one bar you brought this aspect of things into the discussion - there was no need for it either.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 11:54 AM
:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

I'm still waiting on your response about your point about Henrik Larsson.

ulises_trotter
20-01-2010, 11:55 AM
from watching him every week at hibs the main attruibute Scott Brown always had was his ability to grab the ball when hibs were under the cosh and steam forward with it and take all the pressure off the defence and the team..

At celtic how often do they spend defending and need a player to take pressure off..

And In my opinion he has never really been a very good passer of the ball, a 5 yard pass could often prove difficult.. this will never sit very well with mowbray, who is pass pass pass

heretoday
20-01-2010, 11:56 AM
I could have told TM not to go to Celtic but would he have listened?

He should have bided his time.

hibsbollah
20-01-2010, 11:56 AM
this is nonsnese. I'm always wary as to the motives of people who bring this up.

it has never been a problem inthe past and teh fact that Stepehen McManus and Gary Caldwell are/were the two most vilified Celtic players in recent years kicks your unfounded and bizarre allegations into touch. Even Kenny Miller and Stephen Pressley says it was never a problem with the support (in fact the support went out their way to welcome Miller!).

Jock Stein, Kenny Dalglish, Davie Provan, Tommy Gemmell, Danny McGrain, Paul Lambert, Willie Wallace, Bertie Auld. All guys who sadi tehy were Rangers fans- all were local guys who were known to be Rangers fans. All were loved and adored by Celtic fans.

No-one bar you brought this aspect of things into the discussion - there was no need for it either.

I humbly suggest you are living in total denial.

Captain Trips
20-01-2010, 11:57 AM
I am sorry if it appears I am having a go at you Jack, you have been encoraged to perhaps discuss the OF on here, even if it was true about your decisions in OF games we on here feel the same about Celtic when we play them from the ref to the papers leading up to a match. I am not saying you are looking for any but you wont get any sympathy from a lot of people on here about refs being against Celtic.

--------
20-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Too true.

I think you could shorten that post to "Jack's in the wrong place".

The trials and tribulations of Celtic managers, Celtic players, and The Hibs.net Spokesman for the Greatest Fans in the World really don't interest me.

LTSF. :devil:

mim
20-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I am talking about their performance in a celtic shirt - where I am better placed that you to comment.

But we're all aware of your clubs knack of totally failing to get the best out of players.
I know how good Scott Brown is after his 100 or so appearances for Hibs.

And yes, when fit O'Donnell should more drive, better passing and had more of a goal threat than Brown.

Again, you're wrong. Brown scored 13 times for Hibs against O'Donnell's 15 for Celtic. Or are you suggesting that Brown was playing for a better team than O'Donnell's Celtic team?

As for Petrov, he is ten times the player Brown is. Nothing "creitinous" about it.

....and that really sums up your ignorance.

--------
20-01-2010, 12:04 PM

Again, Its an informed and shared opinion, based on watching these guys over long periods.

You're rapidly becoming a caricature of yourself, Jack.

That post is absolute drivel. :bitchy:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:09 PM
I humbly suggest you are living in total denial.

I suggest that you are taklking garbage and have nothing to back up your allegation

FFS "we don't like Scott Brown because he supported Rangers"

the fact you brought it up says more about you than anyone or anything else.

Hainan Hibs
20-01-2010, 12:14 PM
I skipped most of the thread after predicting it would fall into the usual Septic paranoia pash that usually brings out a 10 page bore from Jack Regan. I really don't see why we still put up with his pish.

On topic, Celtic have ruined Brown, I hope he gets a move to a decent club and can rediscover the Brown that was great at Hibs. With Scotland's midfield choices recently we badly need that Hibs Brown back.

JackRegan
But we're all aware of your clubs knack of totally failing to get the best out of players.
I know how good Scott Brown is after his 100 or so appearances for Hibs.

Again, you're wrong. Brown scored 13 times for Hibs against O'Donnell's 15 for Celtic. Or are you suggesting that Brown was playing for a better team than O'Donnell's Celtic team?

We have an ability of not getting the best out of players? Strange one that - FFS We've MADE players and there have been plenty to have left, thinking they were better than what they were, yet went onto nothing.

Brown v O'Donnell in a Celtic short - there is no right or wrong answer here. its all about opinion and I am of the opinion that O'Donnell done more for Celtic thatn Brown

You were bang out of order though with your "cretinous" and "ignorance"comment. I and thousand of other cELtic fans have seen enough of Brown to knw that he's not going to make it at Celtic. If he make sit elsewhere thats of little consequence to us. I am not ignorant to what I see of players playing for Celtic wheras you, by niot seeing them, are.

hibsbollah
I suggest that you are taklking garbage and have nothing to back up your allegation

I dont even understand what that last sentence meant:confused:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:15 PM
You're rapidly becoming a caricature of yourself, Jack.

That post is absolute drivel. :bitchy:

Okay Doddie - Iamgine an Aston Villa fan reads this

"O'Neill to sell Petrov and replace him with Scott Brown"

Don't see it myself.

RickyS
20-01-2010, 12:16 PM

broony's biggest problem has been that he does not score enough goals. if you look at midfielders in the EPL, certainly at the bigger clubs. they are good for 10-12 goals a season. I cant see celtic getting 5m for him.

lee bowyer is already on 5 and he was a free
James Milner on 7
David Dunn is on 6
Clint Dempsey is on 7
Matthew Taylor is on 4
Krancjar is on 6

any potential manager down south would see he has not scored many goals in the SPL what chance would he have down there

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:18 PM
I dont even understand what that last sentence meant:confused:

That you desperately want a "sectarian" aspect brought into this thread, when there is no need, because on football terms - I am winning the debate about Scott Brown.

Celtic fans have judged him on his performances.

I also gave you the coutresy of putting up a counter agrument and evidence to your point, you have yet to do likewise.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:20 PM
I skipped most of the thread after predicting it would fall into the usual Septic paranoia pash that usually brings out a 10 page bore from Jack Regan. I really don't see why we still put up with his pish.

On topic, Celtic have ruined Brown, I hope he gets a move to a decent club and can rediscover the Brown that was great at Hibs. With Scotland's midfield choices recently we badly need that Hibs Brown back.

aSk your admin to ban me then. I'm not abiusive, depsite the same courtesy not always being afforded likewise.

Celtic have not ruined Brown - maybe Strachan did - I have conceded as much, but since you have not read the thread, you must have missed that.

I have seen virtually nothing in Scott Brown in two and a bit seasons. In fact we seem to do better with him out the side.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:21 PM

SO why don't Villa cash in on Petrov and buy Scott Brown for £2.5m?

hibsbollah
That you desperately want a "sectarian" aspect brought into this thread, when there is no need, because on football terms - I am winning the debate about Scott Brown.

Celtic fans have judged him on his performances.

I also gave you the coutresy of putting up a counter agrument and evidence to your point, you have yet to do likewise.

Who mentioned 'sectarianism'? Are Rangers your biggest rivals or not? I dont need to provide 'evidence', celtic fans i know have told me as much, theyve told me socially. If you dont care to accept that then thats your problem.

As to the bit in bold:faf:

mim
We have an ability of not getting the best out of players? Strange one that - FFS We've MADE players and there have been plenty to have left, thinking they were better than what they were, yet went onto nothing.

Brown v O'Donnell in a Celtic short - there is no right or wrong answer here. its all about opinion and I am of the opinion that O'Donnell done more for Celtic thatn Brown

You were bang out of order though with your "cretinous" and "ignorance"comment. I and thousand of other cELtic fans have seen enough of Brown to knw that he's not going to make it at Celtic. If he make sit elsewhere thats of little consequence to us. I am not ignorant to what I see of players playing for Celtic wheras you, by niot seeing them, are.

Basically, you are talking ****** and I see no point in continuing this debate.
Oh, and I was already aware that there are thousand of other ignorant cELtic (sic) fans.

MrSmith
20-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Jack, having worked in Glasgow for the past eight years and having in-laws as Celtic fans, I would have to say that a rather large section of the 'Celtic' support feel this way. Maybe not you but definitely the 'Celtic minded' folk who pretend to be fans and there must be at least 40,000 of them!

The real fans from in and around Celtic park cannot afford to attend games any longer and I know for a fact (having worked in Barrowfield for five years) that this in itself is huge problem for shall we say, natural home supporters of the club.

Lets look at the demographic: Glasgow - core support. Wishaw, Motherwell, Hamilton and most other South Lanarkshire ghettos and enclaves provide Celtic with a huge support who travel to games and fit into the 'Celtic' mind view because they cling on to religion or a previous two hundred year old family member who was related to an Irishman during the famine.

This scenario fits well with the Celtic board because, lets face it, they are not daft and they know how to sell the club to the great masses of glory hunters!

It's such a pity your club won't hold onto it's traditional supporters and look after them the way they look after the wannabes!

Jonnyboy
20-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Check out goals two and three Jack. These typify Brown's pace, energy and vision.

BTW I happen to agree that Brown has not been a £4m player at Celtic. Due in the main to Strachan playing him in stupid positions and the club playing him when his ankle was goosed. Wherever he goes I wish him luck and feel sure that Celtic fans will wish they'd kept him.

And finally, as they used to say on News at Ten, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Mowbray got lucky with Hibs as he had a cracking group of young talented players. Since he left he's struggled IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ&feature=related

1875er
20-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm still waiting on your response about your point about Henrik Larsson.

I didnt make a point about Larsson??

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Who mentioned 'sectarianism'? Are Rangers your biggest rivals or not? I dont need to provide 'evidence', celtic fans i know have told me as much, theyve told me socially. If you dont care to accept that then thats your problem.

As to the bit in bold:faf:

yOu aluded to it. YOu are also the only one who's brought it up and none of your fellow Hibs fans appear to be backing you on this one.

Of course they are our biggest rivals, but who someone supports as a kiddie is of little or no relevance. FFS John Roberston was a Hibs fan. Der hun are creaming themselves over Danny Wilson and he was a Celtic fan.

SO your logic is then, that tehse guys never liked/accpeted or whatever the guys Imentioned in another post becuase of who they supported as weans, but are going to overlook dus liek McManus because they supported Celtic?

Seriously, behave yourself.

I come from a family of died in the wool uber Tims. My cousin was married to Tommy Burns. Half of my family grew up in the Calton, The other half came from Donegal and Tyrone. We were all baptised in the parishes where Celtic was formed to serve and not one of my family, or any of the guys I know form games, care a jot about a persons background. Its about what they dop in the Green and White Hoops that count.

May I suggest that your mates are Johnny Come lately, out of town types tryngto posture and are trying to "out Tim" each other.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:29 PM
I didnt make a point about Larsson??

Sorry - mistaken identity.

hibsbollah
20-01-2010, 12:30 PM
SO your logic is then, that tehse guys never liked/accpeted or whatever the guys Imentioned in another post becuase of who they supported as weans, but are going to overlook dus liek McManus because they supported Celtic?

Thats not my logic. Thats not anyones logic. I suggest you stop trying to type whilst wearing boxing gloves.

MrSmith
20-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Check out goals two and three Jack. These typify Brown's pace, energy and vision.

BTW I happen to agree that Brown has not been a £4m player at Celtic. Due in the main to Strachan playing him in stupid positions and the club playing him when his ankle was goosed. Wherever he goes I wish him luck and feel sure that Celtic fans will wish they'd kept him.

And finally, as they used to say on News at Ten, I've said it before and I'll say it again, Mowbray got lucky with Hibs as he had a cracking group of young talented players. Since he left he's struggled IMO.

I want Sproule back!

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:31 PM

Johnny - all good points. Although, Mowbray was good winning the Championship with West Brom, their fans loved him.

If, as you say, he got a lot of luck at Hibs, well he's sure as hell paying for it now.

sambajustice
20-01-2010, 12:32 PM
I think Mr Regan is winning this particular debate to be honest and is getting some unnecessary stick!

1875er
Celtic have not ruined Brown - maybe Strachan did -

Oh dear... I cant believe you actually typed that
... so what was Strachan when he ruined Brown? Ahh thats right he was CELTIC manager.....:bye::bye::bye:

JackRegan
Thats not my logic. Thats not anyones logic. I suggest you stop trying to type whilst wearing boxing gloves.

I suggest you stop trying to make ludicrous assertions without having anything to back it up, other that having a go at someone's typing skills.

hibsbollah
20-01-2010, 12:33 PM
I suggest you stop trying to make ludicrous assertions without having anything to back it up, other that having a go at someone's typing skills.

Much better:top marks Now keep those gloves off:agree:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Oh dear... I cant believe you actually typed that
... so what was Strachan when he ruined Brown? Ahh thats right he was CELTIC manager.....:bye::bye::bye:

Its a "what if" scenario. Its not the "club" - who is to say a Tommy Brurns, a Wim Jansen, MArtin O'Neill or a Jo Venglos would not have gotten more out of him.

Jansen in particular was very adept at getting a lot out of players, FFS he had David Hannah getting a Man of the Match in a 0-0 draw at Anfield!!

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:35 PM
I think Mr Regan is winning this particular debate to be honest and is getting some unnecessary stick!

Na, Johnny Boys clip from May 1995 has been a sore yin!!

Jonnyboy
20-01-2010, 12:35 PM
Johnny - all good points. Although, Mowbray was good winning the Championship with West Brom, their fans loved him.

If, as you say, he got a lot of luck at Hibs, well he's sure as hell paying for it now.

Aye and we loved him too but my contention is that WBA stumbled up and got there despite him never having learned that when a point could be won he'd go for the winner and invariably lose the game. I watched them play Hull City in the season they were both looking for an automatic promotion place and the Baggies fans were screaming for him to stiffen the defence late in the game to protect a point when Hull were by far the better team. What did Mowbray do? Took off a midfielder and brought on a forward. What happened next? Hull won 2-1

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Jack, having worked in Glasgow for the past eight years and having in-laws as Celtic fans, I would have to say that a rather large section of the 'Celtic' support feel this way. Maybe not you but definitely the 'Celtic minded' folk who pretend to be fans and there must be at least 40,000 of them!

The real fans from in and around Celtic park cannot afford to attend games any longer and I know for a fact (having worked in Barrowfield for five years) that this in itself is huge problem for shall we say, natural home supporters of the club.

Lets look at the demographic: Glasgow - core support. Wishaw, Motherwell, Hamilton and most other South Lanarkshire ghettos and enclaves provide Celtic with a huge support who travel to games and fit into the 'Celtic' mind view because they cling on to religion or a previous two hundred year old family member who was related to an Irishman during the famine.

This scenario fits well with the Celtic board because, lets face it, they are not daft and they know how to sell the club to the great masses of glory hunters!

It's such a pity your club won't hold onto it's traditional supporters and look after them the way they look after the wannabes!

Hmm partially correct. Most Celtic season ticket holders still have "G" postcodes. We are very much in teh minority in Wishaw and South Lanarkshire - no idea how you can say they are Celtic areas!! In Glasgow (going by CSC numbers - our main areas are - Kings Park, Mount Florida, Germiston, Springburn, Barmulloch, ROsyton/Garngad, Eatsrhouse, Castlemilk, Old Govan, Crookston, Giffnock, Queens Park in Glasgow. Outside we have a massive support in Croy, Carfin, Coatbridge, Clydebank, Port Glasgow, Dumbarton, Greenock, Johnstone, SOuth Uist and Barra. Pockets in North Ayrshire, West Lothian, Lochee, Edinburgh has a fair chunk of Tims too. Other than that, in Ayrshire, Stirlinghsire, Dumfriesshire, teh Highlands, Fife and the rest of the lothians we don't have much.

Oh and Parkhead, Barrowfield and Bridgeton have always traditionally been Rangers strongholds.

Anyway, Can we get back to football please!!

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Aye and we loved him too but my contention is that WBA stumbled up and got there despite him never having learned that when a point could be won he'd go for the winner and invariably lose the game. I watched them play Hull City in the season they were both looking for an automatic promotion place and the Baggies fans were screaming for him to stiffen the defence late in the game to protect a point when Hull were by far the better team. What did Mowbray do? Took off a midfielder and brought on a forward. What happened next? Hull won 2-1

Jonny - I agree, his substitutions baffle everyone.

still like the guy and I am still prepared to trust him and give him time.

1875er
20-01-2010, 12:45 PM
Its a "what if" scenario. Its not the "club" - who is to say a Tommy Brurns, a Wim Jansen, MArtin O'Neill or a Jo Venglos would not have gotten more out of him.

Jansen in particular was very adept at getting a lot out of players, FFS he had David Hannah getting a Man of the Match in a 0-0 draw at Anfield!!

So when is "the club"... Celtic and not the manager?? So did Strachan or "The club" win you three championships .... you cant have it both ways Jack....seems to me when things are going badly its the managers fault but when things are great its "the Club"..

As for David Hannah...every dog has its day and l I remember Benny Brazil scoring a hat trick against your mob....didnt mean that John Blackley who I think was the manager at the time was the new Bill Shankly!!:wink:

And anyways Hannah was ****** as Rebus and Ken Stott is much better even if he is a fat Yam!:cool2:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Basically, you are talking ****** and I see no point in continuing this debate.
Oh, and I was already aware that there are thousand of other ignorant cELtic (sic) fans.

SO by virtue of teh team we support, Celtic fans are ignorant when judging a player and Hibs fan, by virtue of teh team they support are not.

Okay, your rght, no point in continuing then eh.

Jonnyboy
20-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Hmm partially correct. Most Celtic season ticket holders still have "G" postcodes. We are very much in teh minority in Wishaw and South Lanarkshire - no idea how you can say they are Celtic areas!! In Glasgow (going by CSC numbers - our main areas are - Kings Park, Mount Florida, Germiston, Springburn, Barmulloch, ROsyton/Garngad, Eatsrhouse, Castlemilk, Old Govan, Crookston, Giffnock, Queens Park in Glasgow. Outside we have a massive support in Croy, Carfin, Coatbridge, Clydebank, Port Glasgow, Dumbarton, Greenock, Johnstone, SOuth Uist and Barra. Pockets in North Ayrshire, West Lothian, Lochee, Edinburgh has a fair chunk of Tims too. Other than that, in Ayrshire, Stirlinghsire, Dumfriesshire, teh Highlands, Fife and the rest of the lothians we don't have much.

Oh and Parkhead, Barrowfield and Bridgeton have always traditionally been Rangers strongholds.

Anyway, Can we get back to football please!!

Just before we do Jack have you any idea how many season ticket holders have Irish addresses? I ask because it never ceases to amaze me how many supporters coaches with Irish number plates leave Parkhead after every game. Must cost these folk a pretty penny to support their team.

Now ......... back to the football :greengrin

Part/Time Supporter
20-01-2010, 12:47 PM
N'Guemo and Crosas have both performed better than Brown and Ki, looked very promising.

Also, with Brown not being moved on yet, you can't say he's been replaced yet, so its a moot point you make.

Okey-dokey. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

I'll concede that the laddie Ki might have something (you don't win a continental ypoty prize for nothing), but even he is a risky signing. The journos seem to reckon Mowbray didn't have much input in terms of scouting / signing him, as he was allegedly signed to replace Nakamura in the selling shirts stakes.

You keep mentioning how good a player Petrov was. I agree with you, but that's my point - Celtic aren't going to be signing anyone in his class anytime soon. Mowbray is taking an enormous risk by shifting these players, he's removing the core of the "Strachan" team without really having his own team in place first. He's risking playing out the rest of this season with inferior players and with no guarantee of a) getting the time to build a better team and b) being able to recruit the players to do that.

silverhibee
20-01-2010, 12:47 PM

Is Mckay still Browns agent.

silverhibee
20-01-2010, 12:51 PM
He's a smashing player, but not a complete player is how I'd describe him.

If we do sell him, it has to be in the summer, not now.

Poor end product is how i would describe him.

thefamousfive
20-01-2010, 12:53 PM
JackRegan (http://www.hibs.net/message/member.php?u=4717)
Lesser Green

http://www.hibs.net/message/customavatars/avatar4717_6.gif (http://www.hibs.net/message/member.php?u=4717)

yaaaaaaaaawwwnnn.

Was interested in the Brown topic and have now had the misfortune of reading about Celtic supporters.. I think the thread should be renamed 'Jack whipping up Celtic dribble' so no one else will have to waste their time. Hopefully the thread should then slowly, through catagenisis, get buried.

As far as Scott Brown I hope he leaves the club and it works out for him.

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2010, 12:54 PM

:agree: I don't see how we can argue here. Jack sees Brown reguarly, we don't. It's his opinion (and that of many others) that Brown's no good enough. Why argue?

Peevemor
20-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Dunno. :dunno:

AndyM_1875
20-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Is Mckay still Browns agent.

No.

Brown does not have an agent any more.

Bad Martini
20-01-2010, 12:57 PM

Sooooo, to sum up; Broon went from being one of the best prospects in Scotland, regularly ripping the pish out of most teams in the country and spraying passes all over, beating players and chipping in with some (good) goals to being sheite and not of celtc quality?

The truth is (and I hold nae great affections for NON-Hibs players regardless of who they are) Broon is too good for the sheite that is celtc...that's the problem. He's too smart, too clever and too wide and your lot don't know how to use him...we thank you for the £4.4m though and we're delighted you are unhappy with yer purchase. You're no getting yer money back though, much like those other ********s from Govan and the £2m we robbed from the unwashed erses for the muppet Thommothefudleyhun...this isny argos and ye have nae 16 day guarantee but as I sais, we're happy youse are unhappy with yer purchase. :greengrin

Tell the truth Jack - you, and all yer celtc pals are still pissed off arent ye? Yer pissed off that (even though YOUSE put him oot for half the ***** season), he come back and rattled two of the three we rattled past ye (and beat ye) at "fortress" "paradise" or whatever nonsensical stupid adjective youse use to describe that crumbling *****hole in which ye steal Liverpool songs in....

The truth is, celtc are the footballing equivelant of the proverbial untreated wart on the erse. Ye's take good things and **** them right up. Riordan, Brown...Dalglish and Barnes...funny they were all fine til they went anywhere near that black hole of *****yness known as celtc.

Anyways, delighted ye's are unhappy as Im saying and I sincerely hope ye's lose as many games as possible, just like I hope rangers lose as many games as possible....indeed, I'd love to see the huns go oot of business leaving youse lot there for the taking, then promptly see ye demoted to the 3rd divison playing showpiece matches against the footballing greats known as Elgin City.

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PS Nowt to dae with Oirishness or **** all like this thread has gone...ah just dinny like youse and hate rangers.:devil:

Bad Martini
20-01-2010, 01:00 PM
:agree: I don't see how we can argue here. Jack sees Brown reguarly, we don't. It's his opinion (and that of many others) that Brown's no good enough. Why argue?

Just cause.

:devil:

Jonnyboy
20-01-2010, 01:00 PM

I prefer to call it debate :greengrin

My angle is the fact that Jack seems to be implying that Brown has never been the player Celtic paid £4m for. I'd say he has many of the qualities needed to be that player but that his game has suffered because of other influences like playing out of position and playing with a goosed ankle.

I guess what I'm saying is that Broony had all the qualities when he left us and there's no reason to believe he doesn't still have them!

silverhibee
20-01-2010, 01:01 PM

My thoughts exactly.:top marks

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:02 PM
So when is "the club"... Celtic and not the manager?? So did Strachan or "The club" win you three championships .... you cant have it both ways Jack....seems to me when things are going badly its the managers fault but when things are great its "the Club"..

As for David Hannah...every dog has its day and l I remember Benny Brazil scoring a hat trick against your mob....didnt mean that John Blackley who I think was the manager at the time was the new Bill Shankly!!:wink:

And anyways Hannah was ****** as Rebus and Ken Stott is much better even if he is a fat Yam!:cool2:

Managers can ruin players. It is their job to get teh best out the players - not the fans, not the board and not necessarily even his team mates. There are many factors which make a football club and not all of these have failed Scott Brown.

By the same token Stracahn, with the support of the club, in other words the board, the players who were already there, the fans all helped to win thsoe legues.

Of course Strachan desrves credit, but lets examine thso etitle wins closer.

2006: He did very well, he signed a goalie, he signe a pacet forward who could finish (Zurawski weighed in with 25 goals). however, he still had some good players there: Lennon, Petrov, Maloney, Balde, Varga and Hartson - all major players who played big parts in thsoe title wins. However debacles at Bratislava and CLyde, along with signings such as Virgo and Du Wei started alarm belsl riniging. He is also aided by the huns imploding under McLeish.

2007: In his words "Team two" the team with "his imprint on it" He goes with Caldwell and McManus in central defence. He replaces Petrov and Keane with Jarosik and Gravesen. Both of whom he plays out of position, although the latter is a bit of a looney - despite jsut doing his own thing Gravesen actually does put in some decent perfromances! He also signs Venengoor of Hessleink to replace Hartson. We play well enough until we get put out the CL in the last 16. But, it does not matter Le Guen messed up big time at the huns and we stumble over the line. His team selections start to baffle at this stage. Darren O'Dea who has a stromer in Milan, yet gets dropped to be replaced byStephen Pressely at Inverness. This is when we start hearing of him having favourites.

2008: Again his words "Team three" Why? He's shipped in and shipped out countless players, but this. time, he's up against Wlater Smith and teh huns have a bit more about them. The team looks lightwieght, we start sitting in it at home. WE go out of both cup competitions at homein one season for tehf irst tiem in our history. However, Der hun through their inability to win domestic cup ties, postponing games v Gretna and not playing fixtures when they do have free midweeks (oh aye and a UEFA cup run) start to run out fo steam. Scot tBorwn gets injusred and Strachan is forced not to play him, despite him not playing at all well. We then win 7 games on the bounce and win the league. We made it - just but much improvement is needed.

2009: Caldwell and McManus continue you to cost us, the huns have a manger who knows his business and have no fixture pile up. Our after Christmas form would have seen us finish 4th and we lose the league. The team is lightweight, clueless and 42 players have now been signed and our wage bill is higher than when we had Sutton, Larsson, Balde, Valgaren, Mjallby, Lennon, Thomson et al. What summed him up was his bottling it at HOME v Rangers in the April, just 3 weeks after we gubbed them at Hampden

Sorry, Im labouring here, but the point is, Strachan was the manager when those leagues were won, but in two of those seasons he had virtually no challenge and in the other he had HUGE amounts of luck. Luck that has deserted Tony Mowbray.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:06 PM
Sooooo, to sum up; Broon went from being one of the best prospects in Scotland, regularly ripping the pish out of most teams in the country and spraying passes all over, beating players and chipping in with some (good) goals to being sheite and not of celtc quality?

The truth is (and I hold nae great affections for NON-Hibs players regardless of who they are) Broon is too good for the sheite that is celtc...that's the problem. He's too smart, too clever and too wide and your lot don't know how to use him...we thank you for the £4.4m though and we're delighted you are unhappy with yer purchase. You're no getting yer money back though, much like those other ********s from Govan and the £2m we robbed from the unwashed erses for the muppet Thommothefudleyhun...this isny argos and ye have nae 16 day guarantee but as I sais, we're happy youse are unhappy with yer purchase. :greengrin

Tell the truth Jack - you, and all yer celtc pals are still pissed off arent ye? Yer pissed off that (even though YOUSE put him oot for half the ***** season), he come back and rattled two of the three we rattled past ye (and beat ye) at "fortress" "paradise" or whatever nonsensical stupid adjective youse use to describe that crumbling *****hole in which ye steal Liverpool songs in....

The truth is, celtc are the footballing equivelant of the proverbial untreated wart on the erse. Ye's take good things and **** them right up. Riordan, Brown...Dalglish and Barnes...funny they were all fine til they went anywhere near that black hole of *****yness known as celtc.

Anyways, delighted ye's are unhappy as Im saying and I sincerely hope ye's lose as many games as possible, just like I hope rangers lose as many games as possible....indeed, I'd love to see the huns go oot of business leaving youse lot there for the taking, then promptly see ye demoted to the 3rd divison playing showpiece matches against the footballing greats known as Elgin City.

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

PS Nowt to dae with Oirishness or **** all like this thread has gone...ah just dinny like youse and hate rangers.:devil:

Henrik Larsson was probably too good for Celtic, but we seemed to get on okay.

BTW That game you mention was nearly 5 years ago - along time in football.

Also Dalglish and Barnes??!! FFS Barnes had never been a manager and we made a player out of Kenny - yer gonnae have ae dae better than that. Again, by your logic, every player celtic have signed has got worse since they joined the club??? :faf:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:08 PM

My angle is the fact that Jack seems to be implying that Brown has never been the player Celtic paid £4m for. I'd say he has many of the qualities needed to be that player but that his game has suffered because of other influences like playing out of position and playing with a goosed ankle.

I guess what I'm saying is that Broony had all the qualities when he left us and there's no reason to believe he doesn't still have them!

Jonny, the test will be how Brown performs when he leaves Celtic. Although, for some on here if he flops at his next club and his next club after that it will be Celtic's fault. :greengrin

Jonnyboy
20-01-2010, 01:10 PM
Jonny, the test will be how Brown performs when he leaves Celtic. Although, for some on here if he flops at his next club and his next club after that it will be Celtic's fault. :greengrin

Of course it will :greengrin

Bad Martini
20-01-2010, 01:12 PM
Henrik Larsson was probably too good for Celtic, but we seemed to get on okay.

BTW That game you mention was nearly 5 years ago - along time in football.

Also Dalglish and Barnes??!! FFS Barnes had never been a manager and we made a player out of Kenny - yer gonnae have ae dae better than that. Again, by your logic, every player celtic have signed has got worse since they joined the club??? :faf:

The point you seem to have missed Jack is, it's the same player who you deem not good enough (now, AFTER spending £4.4 MILLION quid to find this out), who rattled two in YOUR net at YOUR ground, DESPITE yer team's best efforts to cripple him.

Barnes was a scapegoat. What's yer chat on Kenny's managerial skills then? He was sheite was he? Hmmm. Youse muppets made a player out of Kenny???? Hmmmm.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

OK. Putting aside these dellusional nonsensical ramblings of greatness, I read with great interest, the below you said above:

....Luck that has deserted Tony Mowbray.

...putting aside your tail of woe immediately above this comment and man does oor heart blead this comment interests me...:devil:

I have it on good authority, that you will "win more than you lose" so don't worry...all that luck you need, it's just around the corner. As is, Saint Tony, planning a move to "his" team, just as soon (roughly 3 days before a derby match usually) he decides he's taken you as "far as he can" in the SPL.

:devil: :devil:

As I say, had ye been anyone else and sold a lemon, we'd feel yer pain. But yer no, yer celtc and we (the rest of the world apart fi yer amigos doon Parkheid way and some glory hunters outwith Glesga) couldnae really care that it "didny work oot" :dummytit:

However, we've got 4.4 million reasons to laugh aboot it :boo hoo: :thumbsup:

weonlywon6-2
20-01-2010, 01:12 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Just before we do Jack have you any idea how many season ticket holders have Irish addresses? I ask because it never ceases to amaze me how many supporters coaches with Irish number plates leave Parkhead after every game. Must cost these folk a pretty penny to support their team.

Now ......... back to the football :greengrin

That depends who you ask.

www.aicsc.com will list all the clubs we have (not sure if that includes Donegal as they fell out with some people and started their own association)

The clubs buy them in blocks (in other words the name ion the ST is "Randalstown CSC" and a guy called Martin Gilmour from Ballymena tells me its 6,000. However, a LOT of these are being sold to walk up punters on match days as numbers travelling over are down. He reckons about 3,000 make the trip every week for home games and about 300 for away games.

I'd also say that about 1,000 come up from England for home games.

jacomo
20-01-2010, 01:20 PM

Very true.

Interesting comparison with Petrov (who was great for Celtic). After his first season in England, plenty of Villa fans derided him as an imposter. But he's won them round now... and become a different player.

Captain Trips
20-01-2010, 01:20 PM
i think you stated that Petrov was 10x the player brown is, I am no fan of Brown but what I will say Petrov isnt 10x better than John Rankin never mind Brown. If you mean for what he did at Celtic then you could have point but as far as EPL, he is a nobody really whom never stands out much in any games I have seen and is just your average joe. Im very Sure a few players up here Brown included could reach those highs.

Kato
20-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Strachan playing him in stupid positions and the club playing him when his ankle was goosed.

...and that sums up Brown's problems at the Old Firm club. Nothing to do with his ability at all.

Jonnyboy
...and that sums up Brown's problems at the Old Firm club. Nothing to do with his ability at all.

weonlywon6-2
That depends who you ask.

www.aicsc.com will list all the clubs we have (not sure if that includes Donegal as they fell out with some people and started their own association)

The clubs buy them in blocks (in other words the name ion the ST is "Randalstown CSC" and a guy called Martin Gilmour from Ballymena tells me its 6,000. However, a LOT of these are being sold to walk up punters on match days as numbers travelling over are down. He reckons about 3,000 make the trip every week for home games and about 300 for away games.

I'd also say that about 1,000 come up from England for home games.

i always admire fans who support their local teams !!:wink::wink:

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 01:24 PM

Apologies yes it was Vennegoor. Appalling challenge. Not the McDonald one at Ibrox, the one where he got on the end of a flick on at Parkhead and was clearly offside.

Some of yours seem spurious also, bit rich commenting about McManus being hammered he gives it out as much as takes it. Maloney second pen was a dive. Also vaguely remember last season Robson elbowing someone in the first minute.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:25 PM
The point you seem to have missed Jack is, it's the same player who you deem not good enough (now, AFTER spending £4.4 MILLION quid to find this out), who rattled two in YOUR net at YOUR ground, DESPITE yer team's best efforts to cripple him.

Barnes was a scapegoat. What's yer chat on Kenny's managerial skills then? He was sheite was he? Hmmm. Youse muppets made a player out of Kenny???? Hmmmm.

:faf: :faf: :faf:

OK. Putting aside these dellusional nonsensical ramblings of greatness, I read with great interest, the below you said above:

...putting aside your tail of woe immediately above this comment and man does oor heart blead this comment interests me...:devil:

I have it on good authority, that you will "win more than you lose" so don't worry...all that luck you need, it's just around the corner. As is, Saint Tony, planning a move to "his" team, just as soon (roughly 3 days before a derby match usually) he decides he's taken you as "far as he can" in the SPL.

:devil: :devil:

As I say, had ye been anyone else and sold a lemon, we'd feel yer pain. But yer no, yer celtc and we (the rest of the world apart fi yer amigos doon Parkheid way and some glory hunters outwith Glesga) couldnae really care that it "didny work oot" :dummytit:

However, we've got 4.4 million reasons to laugh aboot it :boo hoo: :thumbsup:

Jesus....

When Kenny Dalglish left Celtic for Liverpool, he was regarded as being the best player inthe country, so aye - I'd say we made him a player. aS a manager, he did well with Liverpool, bought the league with Blackburn and was murder with Newcastle. Barnes a scapegoat? Who for?? He lost teh dressing room and we wre in anarchy, while Dalglish, by the way was in sPain 3 days a week playing golf.

As for brown, so what he played a blinder in a game 5 years ago that celtic lost.. It happens - your 4th win at Celtic Park in 30 years. Magic - pleased for ye there!!

At the end of the day and after god knwos how many pages and lost work hours, teh Jack Regan line is this.

Scott Brown, depsite being given a run has not delivered to any great degree at Celtic. Indeed, his performances for Celtic have not matched those of players, many would consider Brown to be better than at any given time. Somtimes this happens in football - some players just don't do well at some clubs. that is not unique to Celtic, depsite what some on here say - the football world is littered with players flopping at clubs, while looking great beforehand, or indeed excelling when they move. In Scott Brown's defence, if he were to cite Gordon Strachan as the main reason for his poor form, he would have a point as many midfielders have come to Celtic with good track records in many aspects of their game - only to see these aspects suddenly dissappear or to to be re-discovered upon their departure. If the latter were to happen to Brown, then it would not be unreasonable to deduce that Mr Strachan, played a major part in Brown's failure at Celtic.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Apologies yes it was Vennegoor. Appalling challenge. Not the McDonald one at Ibrox, the one where he got on the end of a flick on at Parkhead and was clearly offside.

Some of yours seem spurious also, bit rich commenting about McManus being hammered he gives it out as much as takes it. Maloney second pen was a dive. Also vaguely remember last season Robson elbowing someone in the first minute.

Okay, how about we go back a few years for the REAL howlers???

PM me, as opposed to this going on tehmain board. As others have stated a lack of desire to read these on here.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:31 PM
i think you stated that Petrov was 10x the player brown is, I am no fan of Brown but what I will say Petrov isnt 10x better than John Rankin never mind Brown. If you mean for what he did at Celtic then you could have point but as far as EPL, he is a nobody really whom never stands out much in any games I have seen and is just your average joe. Im very Sure a few players up here Brown included could reach those highs.

Maybe in his first season granted. But he was Villa's player of teh year last season and Villa fans who weer upset at loosing Barry for £12m, feel as if they are getting much more from Petrov and that Barry has been no loss to them at all.

i'm sure a Villa messageboard would concur. As I said earlier.

Can you inmagine O'Neill selling petrov for say £12m? to say Man City? and saying "we're replacing him with Scott Brown.

If that happened Villa fans would want O'Neill's head on a spike.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:32 PM
i always admire fans who support their local teams !!:wink::wink:

I go and watch the Juniors every second week. More fans should do that.

BTw I know guys who did this and gave up their season tickets!!

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:36 PM
Very true.

Interesting comparison with Petrov (who was great for Celtic). After his first season in England, plenty of Villa fans derided him as an imposter. But he's won them round now... and become a different player.

BTW In his first seaosn, Petrov's wife nagged him to move back to Glasgow and she never moved down with him.

The lived in the same apartments as my ex.

Woody1985
20-01-2010, 01:37 PM

How's the crack?

Part/Time Supporter
20-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Celtic respond (http://www.celticfc.net/news/stories/news_200110124113.aspx)

Has Keech bitten off more than he can chew this time?

:pray:

Kato
20-01-2010, 01:42 PM

So.

He is good enough after all.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 01:44 PM
So.

He is good enough after all.

No. That does not change the Celtic fans opinion of him. It does say though that the article is malicious.

Big difference.

1875er
20-01-2010, 01:44 PM

Oh.... so they don't want rid of him now??? Cue Jack and the other Buckie Swilling Tic fans saying he is brilliant and the new messiah.....:wink::wink::wink:

TheEastTerrace
20-01-2010, 01:47 PM

As much as I hate Celtic, fair play. My loathing for that rag and journo cannot be understated.

1875er
20-01-2010, 01:50 PM
As much as I hate Celtic, fair play. My loathing for that rag and journo cannot be understated.

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:: agree:

J-C
20-01-2010, 01:56 PM

Maybe the fact that Jack and the rest of the Plasticsdon't really like Brown is the fact he's a staunch Rangers man, only really going to Celtic cause they offered more money and wages than the Huns could at the time. So no matter what he does it'll never be good enough for them as he's not one of them, like little Ginger Whinger wasn't one either, even although his record speaks for itself.

Again Jack comes on and like all other Celtic supporters moan about how we never get this and it's a conspiracy against us, he's not Celtic class, oh poor little us etc etc, change the record Jack and get over yourselves.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
20-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Mowbray is the guy who gave Zibi TWO contracts. Say no effing more :grr:

jgl07
20-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Key point though is that Mowbray never signed Brown.

Mowbray did sign Caldwell (for Hibs) and has dumped him!

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Maybe the fact that Jack and the rest of the Plasticsdon't really like Brown is the fact he's a staunch Rangers man, only really going to Celtic cause they offered more money and wages than the Huns could at the time. So no matter what he does it'll never be good enough for them as he's not one of them, like little Ginger Whinger wasn't one either, even although his record speaks for itself.

Again Jack comes on and like all other Celtic supporters moan about how we never get this and it's a conspiracy against us, he's not Celtic class, oh poor little us etc etc, change the record Jack and get over yourselves.

FFS not this again, please read the thread and see my argument against this bull****. As for Strachan - i'm amazed at the amount of non Celtic fans who like telling us how wonderfull he was. FFS I remember hibs fans going nuts when it was suggested by Gerry McNee and others that Hibs fans should be grateful for having Alex Miller and that you only disliked him, because he played for the huns!!

Your the one who needs to get over yourself, but try, really try reading my post about Stracah's Celtic years and about Scott Brown, before you make lazy, baseless allegations.

Also if Brown was a "staunch Rangers man" (your words - he would never have signed for Celtic in the first place)

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Mowbray did sign Caldwell (for Hibs) and has dumped him!

aye but he was free/cheap and in dumping him he's found a mug willing to buy (yes buy) him.

Of course according to some, we only hated Caldwell because he wisnae a Celtic fan...sorry what do you mean he was a Celtic fan?? :wink:

mim
20-01-2010, 02:12 PM

:rolleyes::wink:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 02:16 PM

Same here and not just for its football coverage. Its a twee tartan parochial rag.

Its banned on my supporters bus. :greengrin

smurf
20-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Scott Brown is a very good player. However, his game has not at all progressed since leaving us. Most probably because his actual move wasn't progression.

mim
20-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Jack Regan on Tony Mowbray:-

"still like the guy and I am still prepared to trust him and give him time."

Tony Mowbray on Scott Brown:-

"Scott is a huge player for Celtic and absolutely part of the future plans of this club."

I wonder if Jack (and the 1000s of supporters for whom he speaks) is going to stop trusting Mowbray, or just accept that his assessment of Brown is p!sh?

poolman
20-01-2010, 02:31 PM

Jeezo Jack, do you write all these things down when you think a decision has gone against your mob :confused:

poolman
20-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Broonie needs to get himself on a 3 year deal at Hibs, with a view to moving on in 12 - 18 months.

We'd get another £4m for him.

It's a win win :greengrin

Would we also get the sell-on clause money :greengrin

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 02:36 PM
Jack Regan on Tony Mowbray:-

"still like the guy and I am still prepared to trust him and give him time."

Tony Mowbray on Scott Brown:-

"Scott is a huge player for Celtic and absolutely part of the future plans of this club."

I wonder if Jack (and the 1000s of supporters for whom he speaks) is going to stop trusting Mowbray, or just accept that his assessment of Brown is p!sh?

Tony mowbray is paid to be Celtic Manager,he makes teh decisions not the fans.

I do trust his judgement and I will give him time to make judgements on team selection - and if that menas he see's giving Scott Brown a place, then, I'll go with it.

He is mroe knowledgable about football than any of us - thats why we do what we do for modest incomes and tahts why he gets 6 figures at celtic.

That said, I have not seen enough in Scott Borwn since 2007 to suggest that he has what it takes to turn it around. I'd be delighted if I were proven wrong. But it will take a huge improvement on Brown's part (and maybe a bit more effective management than what he's been used to in his first two seasons) to turn it round.

Lastly, I don't think Crosas and n'Guemo deserve to lose their place for Brown, whcih mean either Mowbray plays him wide or goes 3-5-2. (God help us if he does with our defence)

celtic's statement does not change my opinion or that of Celtic fans, who coincidentally I have never once said I speak for, depsite your claim.

My assessment of Scott Brown, post Hibs is spot on, if you think he's been brilliant at Celtic then you are kidding yourself.

J-C
20-01-2010, 02:37 PM
FFS not this again, please read the thread and see my argument against this bull****. As for Strachan - i'm amazed at the amount of non Celtic fans who like telling us how wonderfull he was. FFS I remember hibs fans going nuts when it was suggested by Gerry McNee and others that Hibs fans should be grateful for having Alex Miller and that you only disliked him, because he played for the huns!!

Your the one who needs to get over yourself, but try, really try reading my post about Stracah's Celtic years and about Scott Brown, before you make lazy, baseless allegations.

Also if Brown was a "staunch Rangers man" (your words - he would never have signed for Celtic in the first place)

In this day and age Jack money does the talking, Brown wanted a move and Celtic were the team that offered £30K a week wages, he's a pro FFS.

We didn't take to Miller not because he was a Hun but the fact he was the most negative thinking manager in the world and the football was dire to watch.

Again jack listen to what everyone else is saying, don't go bleating on about how you always get the worsed of the decisions and poor old Celtic. Both you and the other ugly sister have stolen the best of Scottish and Irish talent for years and somehow manage to turn them into piss players, that's what you have to look.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 02:39 PM
Jeezo Jack, do you write all these things down when you think a decision has gone against your mob :confused:

I have a good memory, but I kid you not - there is a website where a guy keeps a list of them all WITH VIDEO EVIDENCE!!

There's also a book called "Celtic's paranoia - all in the mind" which is pretty good. It actually absolves the Referees. bar a few culprits who they maintain were bent, but certainly nails the tabloid press. The critique of which was done by a random Canadian dude!

Captain Trips
20-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I am going to add this gem to the thread:

**** Brown
**** Mowbray
**** Celtic

:hnet:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 02:43 PM
I am going to add this gem to the thread:

**** Brown
**** Mowbray
**** Celtic

:hnet:

:greengrin

More constructive than somethings i've read on here. :wink:

lapsedhibee
20-01-2010, 02:51 PM
My loathing for that rag and journo cannot be understated.
:bitchy:

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree::agree:

Same here

bighairyfaeleith
20-01-2010, 02:53 PM
They want him, they dinnae want him. Who gives a **** what the pikey ***** want.:grr:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 02:59 PM
They want him, they dinnae want him. Who gives a **** what the pikey ***** want.:grr:

Ken, likesay, thon's a guid radge post there, likesay. Whit ye'd expect fay a gadgie fae Leith, ken. :thumbsup:

Barney McGrew
20-01-2010, 03:02 PM

No more than anyone else. In fact by your own admission, Celtic get decisions at Parkhead courtesy of referees. So other than against Rangers (but only when the league is close :rolleyes:) you get decisions that the other ten teams don't.

And yet you still think there's a bias against you :hilarious

Sellik fans = paranoid

mim
20-01-2010, 03:23 PM
celtic's statement does not change my opinion or that of Celtic fans, who coincidentally I have never once said I speak for, depsite your claim.

I and thousand of other cELtic fans have seen enough of Brown to knw that he's not going to make it at Celtic.

:rolleyes:

gringojoe
20-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Sellikfootballclub and its unwashed ****y tear gas canister throwing fans can go kiss Hoopy the Huddle Hounds Ass. Scott Brown was ill advised to sign for them maybe it's not to late for him to become the player he looked liked turning into when he played for us.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 03:32 PM
:rolleyes:

Oh dear Mike....

that is not me speaking on behalf of Celtic fans, but I'll be clearer for your benefit. The opinons are pretty unanimous on my supporters bus, at CSC meetings, in pubs, among friends, on websites and at games.

Replicate that sample acorss teh Celtic support and it runs into thousands

bighairyfaeleith
20-01-2010, 03:34 PM
:greengrin
Ken, likesay, thon's a guid radge post there, likesay. Whit ye'd expect fay a gadgie fae Leith, ken. :thumbsup:

bawheid
20-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Oh dear Mike....

that is not me speaking on behalf of Celtic fans, but I'll be clearer for your benefit. The opinons are pretty unanimous on my supporters bus, at CSC meetings, in pubs, among friends, on websites and at games.

Sheesh, I thought I was skiving when I posted a couple of responses this morning.

You've been here all day! The boss a Sellick fan too Jack? :greengrin

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Sheesh, I thought I was skiving when I posted a couple of responses this morning.

You've been here all day! The boss a Sellick fan too Jack? :greengrin

Tims are not allowed to be bosses in this Country under the great conspiracy. :wink:

Boss is a realist who would/will go nuts if he got a report telling him how much I've been on here today!

Dr Jimmy
20-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Tims are not allowed to be bosses in this Country under the great conspiracy. :wink:

Boss is a realist who would/will go nuts if he got a report telling him how much I've been on here today!

What's his number? :greengrin

Jim44
20-01-2010, 03:48 PM

Still here?????? I was just wondering to myself.............'Has that bloody JackRegan not got a home to go to?' :greengrin

mjhibby
20-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Having seen petrov live playing for the villa im convinced he is no better than brown but plays the position for oneil.Brown has been totally wasted and because of his constant changing of position in the sellick team has been totally wasted there.should he go to team like villa or birmingham he will be a star where if he is let loose to rampage not many teams couls cope with him.Just another non oldfirm player whose career has gone backwards by signing for the forces of evil.Im sure now that scotty is fairly finacially secure he can go to someone who wants him and where money isnt everything.
If brown were at hibs this season he would be on double figures goalswise.We all forget the injury problems he has had which is probably partly to do with his all action style so lets see when he gets fit where his career takes him.Mowbray has made a few very poor decisions already in the transfer market and this could be his biggest howler.It seems to me hes getting rid of players not because of ability but because of cliques at the club.The only problem is is he is replacing good players with average ones and like john collins at hibs is doomed to failure and in mowbrays case a sharp exit.Ill give him another 5 to 6 weeks then he will be away.
Keep your head up scotty,you know you will be more than welcome back at er.I hope your 20plus grand a week wage has been worth it.

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 03:50 PM
My assessment of Scott Brown, post Hibs is spot on, if you think he's been brilliant at Celtic then you are kidding yourself.

I dont think he has been brilliant however personally thought he looked like he was one of your best players last season and this season he has struggled mostly due to an injury.

Amazed that he has been written off so soon.

NAE NOOKIE
20-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Seen just about every one Scott Brown's games for Hibs at ER and quite a few away as well.

Who would have thought that in less than 3 years Celtic would have turned him from the class player he was with us to the injury ridden, surplus to requirements ( allegedly ) player he appears to be now.

3 years ago none of the current players Celtic have in midfield would have been fit to wash Broonies kit, never mind take his place in the team.

What a bloody waste of talent.

This is an ongoing theme with Celtic football club. I think it is time for Hibs to state in public that they will NEVER encourage ANY of our young players to set foot through the door of Celtic park again.... No matter how much money is offered.

Its just not fair to allow young players to ruin their career by allowing them to join a club who have proved time and again that the have no idea how to look after young players while ensuring that their future is not ruined.

Celtic ..... Get stuffed !!!

:grr:

P.S.
Good luck Broonie I hope you manage to get a transfer to a decent club.

Actually .... Compared to Celtic it would appear that ANY club would be a step in the right direction.

mim
20-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Oh dear Mike....

Errm, well that is you speaking for 1000s of Celtic fans then. :confused:
Nobody is suggesting you shouldn't give your own opinion (worthless though it may be), but don't keep on telling us that your view is also the view of the other Celtic supporters you know. If that is true, they can come on here themselves and admit that they also don't know a player when they see one. :wink:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Errm, well that is you speaking for 1000s of Celtic fans then. :confused:
Nobody is suggesting you shouldn't give your own opinion (worthless though it may be), but don't keep on telling us that your view is also the view of the other Celtic supporters you know. If that is true, they can come on here themselves and admit that they also don't know a player when they see one. :wink:

I am not speaking for them in the sense of being an advocate for them. I am merely giving the opinion of what otherc Eltic fans thinks FFS I thought that was clear.

BTW My opinion on Brown is as valid as yours.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Seen just about every one Scott Brown's games for Hibs at ER and quite a few away as well.

Who would have thought that in less than 3 years Celtic would have turned him from the class player he was with us to the injury ridden, surplus to requirements ( allegedly ) player he appears to be now.

3 years ago none of the current players Celtic have in midfield would have been fit to wash Broonies kit, never mind take his place in the team.

What a bloody waste of talent.

This is an ongoing theme with Celtic football club. I think it is time for Hibs to state in public that they will NEVER encourage ANY of our young players to set foot through the door of Celtic park again.... No matter how much money is offered.

Its just not fair to allow young players to ruin their career by allowing them to join a club who have proved time and again that the have no idea how to look after young players while ensuring that their future is not ruined.
Celtic ..... Get stuffed !!!

:grr:

P.S.
Good luck Broonie I hope you manage to get a transfer to a decent club.

Actually .... Compared to Celtic it would appear that ANY club would be a step in the right direction.

Garbage. As I said, some players sign for clubs and make it, some don't Celtic are no better or worse than anyone else in that repsect.

Seriously, I just don't think he's as good as you guys made him out to be.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Having seen petrov live playing for the villa im convinced he is no better than brown but plays the position for oneil.Brown has been totally wasted and because of his constant changing of position in the sellick team has been totally wasted there.should he go to team like villa or birmingham he will be a star where if he is let loose to rampage not many teams couls cope with him.Just another non oldfirm player whose career has gone backwards by signing for the forces of evil.Im sure now that scotty is fairly finacially secure he can go to someone who wants him and where money isnt everything.
If brown were at hibs this season he would be on double figures goalswise.We all forget the injury problems he has had which is probably partly to do with his all action style so lets see when he gets fit where his career takes him.Mowbray has made a few very poor decisions already in the transfer market and this could be his biggest howler.It seems to me hes getting rid of players not because of ability but because of cliques at the club.The only problem is is he is replacing good players with average ones and like john collins at hibs is doomed to failure and in mowbrays case a sharp exit.Ill give him another 5 to 6 weeks then he will be away.
Keep your head up scotty,you know you will be more than welcome back at er.I hope your 20plus grand a week wage has been worth it.

Brown is not in the "clique". :wink:

Now Scott mcDonald.....

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 04:33 PM

What good players has Mowbray let go at Celtic?

J-C
20-01-2010, 04:38 PM
In the love of god Jack, let it go................you'd think by now you'd realise you're never going to win an argument on this site.:confused:

Lofarl
20-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Why is there 6 pages of you spouting yer old firm p155 on a Hibs forum. Brown should leave Celtic as you soapdodgers have wasted his talent.

I hope we horse you rotten next Wednesday. I bet Broonie would have a wry smile on his face.

Also nobody gives a toss about yer manky mobs conspiracy theory about dodgy decisions in Huns games. Honestly why do you bother?

marinello59
20-01-2010, 04:44 PM
I have absolutely no sympathy for Scott Brown. Nobody forced him to pick the relatively easy ride of a berth at one of the Old Firm clubs. He should have headed south when he left us and continued to develop. Instead he chose to take high wages for playing the same standard of team he had played whilst at Hibs. He was good, very good, but nowhere near the finished article whilst he was at ER. Remember when he played for the Under 21's against France? Against players of the same age he spent the game chasing shadows. He needed to play regulalarly at a higher level if he wanted to improve. He shirked the challenge and now he is paying the price. Tough on the 'Tic reject.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Why is there 6 pages of you spouting yer old firm p155 on a Hibs forum. Brown should leave Celtic as you soapdodgers have wasted his talent.
I hope we horse you rotten next Wednesday. I bet Broonie would have a wry smile on his face.

Also nobody gives a toss about yer manky mobs conspiracy theory about dodgy decisions in Huns games. Honestly why do you bother?

Because a Hibs fan started the thread and Hibs fans have repsonded to my posts about a current Celtic Player.

Oh aye and of course Brown's performances of course does not mean in any shape or form, that he might not actually be that good a player.

As I've sadi, I've seen plenty of this guy as well and he cannot do the basics like pass to a team mate 5 yards away.

ancienthibby
20-01-2010, 04:51 PM
I have absolutely no sympathy for Scott Brown. Nobody forced him to pick the relatively easy ride of a berth at one of the Old Firm clubs. He should have headed south when he left us and continued to develop. Instead he chose to take high wages for playing the same standard of team he had played whilst at Hibs. He was good, very good, but nowhere near the finished article whilst he was at ER. Remember when he played for the Under 21's against France? Against players of the same age he spent the game chasing shadows. He needed to play regulalarly at a higher level if he wanted to improve. He shirked the challenge and now he is paying the price. Tough on the 'Tic reject.

I think we all know that at the time of Scott's transfer (or thereabouts) Scott's family were undergoing a very severe tragedy which resulted in the sad death of Scott's young sister.

In these circumstances we all should have nothing but sympathy for the entire Brown family.

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 04:52 PM
In the love of god Jack, let it go................you'd think by now you'd realise you're never going to win an argument on this site.:confused:

I actuallythink I've won my fair share - ecpecially the ones where you and someone else said he was not rated by Celtic fans purely because he was not a celtic fan as a kiddy.

Or teh one that Celtic "ruin" every player that we sign.

marinello59
20-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I think we all know that at the time of Scott's transfer (or thereabouts) Scott's family were undergoing a very severe tragedy which resulted in the sad death of Scott's young sister.

In these circumstances we all should have nothing but sympathy for the entire Brown family.

I have every sympathy for what happened re his sister.
I was talking about decisions he made affecting his football career........

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 04:55 PM

Remind me how many Leagues Hibs won when Brown was in teh team, or how many times they got out teh Champions League group.

Celtic, like it or not, was a step up for Scott Brown. Now for whatever reason and I really do agree that celtic have some culbability here, he's not cut the mustard.

Granted the dR report appears to be made up nonsense and Mowbray is sticking by him. I hope he does turn it round - I'd be delighted and impressed at his strength of character if nothing else.

My "summary" point - posted ages ago syas as much, but it also says I don't see it happening.

marinello59
20-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Remind me how many Leagues Hibs won when Brown was in teh team, or how many times they got out teh Champions League group.

Celtic, like it or not, was a step up for Scott Brown. .

Was he playing against a higher standard of player? Was he stretched any more than he would have been at Hibs? Or was he merely picking up easy money at one of the two clubs which regularly buy the league title?

bawheid
20-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Also remember him playing for the full Scotland team against Italy in Bari and not looking out of place.

Agree he should have gone south though.

vahibbie
20-01-2010, 05:00 PM
FFS, what a load ay *****e.
I would have been less bored actually working:wink:

JackRegan
20-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Was he playing against a higher standard of player? Was he stretched any more than he would have been at Hibs? Or was he merely picking up easy money at one of the two clubs which regularly buy the league title?

No - apologies I got the wrong end of your particular stick there.

BTW I think I was on here wehn signed saying it was a bad move for all parties. :wink:

Aprt for Hibs who sold us a dud for £4.5m :greengrin

God Petrie
20-01-2010, 05:02 PM
I actuallythink I've won my fair share - ecpecially the ones where you and someone else said he was not rated by Celtic fans purely because he was not a celtic fan as a kiddy.

Or teh one that Celtic "ruin" every player that we sign.

How about the argument that you are a tedious tosser who has to comment on every single thread remotely related to Celtic on this site because you have some delusion that Hibs fans care about the opinion of one of the TGFITW when it comes to Celtic players, Hibs players or the price of a pint of milk.

Please stop posting in Celtic related threads so we can all come to the conclusion that Celtic is a club with no principles supported by a bunch of bigoted weegie rats in peace.

marinello59
20-01-2010, 05:07 PM
Also remember him playing for the full Scotland team against Italy in Bari and not looking out of place.Agree he should have gone south though.

I wouild have mentioned that but it didn't suit my argument. So I ignored it.:greengrin

hibsbollah
20-01-2010, 05:13 PM
How about the argument that you are a tedious tosser who has to comment on every single thread remotely related to Celtic on this site because you have some delusion that Hibs fans care about the opinion of one of the TGFITW when it comes to Celtic players, Hibs players or the price of a pint of milk.

Please stop posting in Celtic related threads so we can all come to the conclusion that Celtic is a club with no principles supported by a bunch of bigoted weegie rats in peace.

Havent you been listening to Jack?:grr: he 'won the argument' apparently. So there.

Cal 7-0
20-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Havent you been listening to Jack?:grr: he 'won the argument' apparently. So there.

Thank God (not Sauzee) my eye's have started to bleed.

Dr Jimmy
20-01-2010, 05:28 PM
There may be trouble ahead..........Jackson may be in the Eartha Kitt :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8470787.stm

matty_f
20-01-2010, 05:33 PM
There may be trouble ahead..........Jackson may be in the Eartha Kitt :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8470787.stm

Mind Jackson was going to sue John Collins unless JC made a public apology for calling him a liar, or something along those lines.

Wonder how he got on with it, I cannae mind ever seeing an apology from JC, and I never heard anything else about it from Jackson.:confused:

I hope Celtc do take action about it. The quicker clubs take action against the press in this way, the better.

MrSmith
20-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I think katie has opened his mouth again!

MSK
20-01-2010, 05:34 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8470787.stmHope they sue the erse of him ..:faf:...the guy is a grade A :asshole:

Dr Jimmy
20-01-2010, 05:35 PM
I think katie has opened his mouth again!

Never thought of that, but you may have hit the nail on the head.

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Mind Jackson was going to sue John Collins unless JC made a public apology for calling him a liar, or something along those lines.

Wonder how he got on with it, I cannae mind ever seeing an apology from JC, and I never heard anything else about it from Jackson.:confused:

I hope Celtc do take action about it. The quicker clubs take action against the press in this way, the better.

I think JC accused him of being on the pay of Rangers. AFAIK the court papers have still to be lodged.