PDA

View Full Version : Get it ROOND yez United!!

Jones28
19-01-2010, 11:08 PM
:greengrin

Sir David Gray
19-01-2010, 11:12 PM
It's only half time, don't count your chickens just yet.

As I've said in another thread, I have every faith that it will stretch to 34 years. :greengrin

machibby
19-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Never a penalty, but have no worries only have to score 1 to go through at OT... see you on this thread next week:wink:

hibby4ever
19-01-2010, 11:19 PM
Utd will finish them off at ot don't worry bout that

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 11:21 PM
Utd will finish them off at ot don't worry bout that

Dunno about that.. how shight are Manu defensively? Evans and Brown going for the same ball to allow Tevez an easy header?.

Its game on.

Leithenhibby
19-01-2010, 11:24 PM
I gather that away goals count?

Didn't like the fact that the Man City fans in the corner had a red hand with the rangers crest on the top right..:bitchy: whats that about?...

Sir David Gray
19-01-2010, 11:26 PM
Never a penalty, but have no worries only have to score 1 to go through at OT... see you on this thread next week:wink:

Yep 1-0 takes it to extra time and then 1-0 after extra time will take United through on away goals.

I can't see it going that far, though, because if the majority of tonight's play is anything to go by, the game should be done and dusted in normal time.

Speedy
19-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Vidic and Ferdinand should be back for the next game with Brown to right back. I think Man Utd will go on a good run and it should be close in the Carling cup.

Sir David Gray
19-01-2010, 11:28 PM

Didn't like the fact that the Man City fans in the corner had a red hand with the rangers crest on the top right..:bitchy: whats that about?...

If the aggregate score is level after 90 minutes in the second leg, the game goes to extra time.

If, after extra time, the aggregate scores are still level, then away goals count.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2010, 11:29 PM
I can't see it going that far, though, because if the majority of tonight's play is anything to go by, the game should be done and dusted in normal time.

:agree: City will have it wrapped up early doors. I don't know why they took the foot off the gas tonight, they could've had 3 or 4 but settled for 2.

Yep 1-0 takes it to extra time and then 1-0 after extra time will take United through on away goals.

Bellamy, Tevez and SWP's pace on the break will cause United problems. Next to no chance of United keeping a clean sheet next week IMO.

Leithenhibby
19-01-2010, 11:29 PM
If the aggregate score is level after 90 minutes in the second leg, the game goes to extra time.

If, after extra time, the aggregate scores are still level, then away goals count.

Puts a new twist on it..:cool2:

Mag7
19-01-2010, 11:32 PM
City are w**k, always have been, always will be.

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 11:32 PM
:agree: City will have it wrapped up early doors. I don't know why they took the foot off the gas tonight, they could've had 3 or 4 but settled for 2.

Bellamy, Tevez and SWP's pace on the break will cause United problems. Next to no chance of United keeping a cean sheet next week IMO.

:agree:

Pished all over Man yoo but took there foot of the gas.

City will defo score at Silent Trafford.

Leithenhibby
19-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Is the return on sky?

Thought I read it somewhere....

Sir David Gray
19-01-2010, 11:52 PM

They had their chances but I thought United dominated in terms of the number of chances created, which is backed up by the stats (13 shots to 9 and 9 shots on target to 5).

Bellamy, Tevez and SWP's pace on the break will cause United problems. Next to no chance of United keeping a clean sheet next week IMO.

Those three will cause problems to any defence and there's every chance that they will score next week but I just think United will be too strong.

Is the return on sky?

Thought I read it somewhere....

Yes, it is on Sky.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2010, 11:55 PM
They had their chances but I thought United dominated in terms of the number of chances created, which is backed up by the stats (13 shots to 9 and 9 shots on target to 5).

Those three will cause problems to any defence and there's every chance that they will score next week but I just think United will be too strong.

Yes, it is on Sky.

Stats tell you what you want to read but you should remember they'll include woeful attempts from Carrick in them.

Man U's days look numbered when they resort to bringing on Scholes to rescue a game. He's been past it for at least 4 years now.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
19-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Fergies 4-5-1 didn't work. As soon as Anderson went off Utd clicked and were all over Citeh.

Mon u reds :devil:

HibbyAndy
20-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Stats tell you what you want to read but you should remember they'll include woeful attempts from Carrick in them.

Man U's days look numbered when they resort to bringing on Scholes to rescue a game. He's been past it for at least 4 years now.

Spot on again :agree:

The Nevilles,, the Scholes..are wayyy past there sell by date, Scholes has and always will be known as a thug:agree:

Was good a few years back but Scholes now just another durty bassa in the man yoo infantry that includes Rooney and Neville.

Well donetho Giggs. getting your 1st derby goal since 1996 :rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
20-01-2010, 12:06 AM

City/Rangers fans, you see the flag at ibrox sometimes also.

Sir David Gray
20-01-2010, 12:25 AM

The Nevilles,, the Scholes..are wayyy past there sell by date, Scholes has and always will be known as a thug:agree:

Was good a few years back but Scholes now just another durty bassa in the man yoo infantry that includes Rooney and Neville.

Won't hear a bad word said against Giggsy, the guy should be knighted IMO. :not worth

The way that he has conducted himself over the years and what he has achieved in the game is pretty much second to none and I think he could keep going for another couple of years.

I agree about Gary Neville though, he is past it.

Winston Ingram
20-01-2010, 12:20 PM
It was quite amusing at FT last night. Ye'd think they'd just reached the final. A 1-0 win after ET at OT will see Man U through.

Baw187
20-01-2010, 12:38 PM
It was quite amusing at FT last night. Ye'd think they'd just reached the final. A 1-0 win after ET at OT will see Man U through.

IMO City will score at OT. Then, as the old cliche goes, the cat will really be amongst the pigeons !

IWasThere2016
20-01-2010, 12:49 PM
Neville could be banned .. caught on camera giving ManC fans the bird!

I hate ManUre and that pwick of a manager. MON THE CITY! :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
20-01-2010, 12:58 PM

It's still a derby even though Man U aren't exaclty unbeatable - that was their 9th loss this season I believe.

I bet we we would celebrate any win against Hearts no matter how pish they are.

khib70
20-01-2010, 01:04 PM

:thumbsup:Well said that man.Roll on next week and the next step in the decline of the bankrupt Salford empire. Keep Berbatov, let Tevez go? Aye, Sir Alkie isn't losing it at all, eh?

Bad Martini
20-01-2010, 01:07 PM
As a nuetral, dis-interested and self-confessed pissed off Liverpool fan, I just want to take this opportunity to say how much I feel their pain and I'd also like to add, just to show some solidarity to fellow fans feeling the pain right now, hurting that their team is underachieving so with this, I'd just like to add, from the bottom of my heart and with sincerity and warm wishes....

GIRFUY MAN UTD :devil::devil::devil:

ENDOF

gilliecabbage
20-01-2010, 01:34 PM
all am sayin is.......

whos that twat from argentina?
whos that money grabbing whore?
carlos tevez is his name, and he hasnt got a brain
and he wont be winning trophies anymore!:devil:

jgl07
20-01-2010, 02:03 PM

Did it not occur to you that it might be a Rangers supporter from Manchester who happened to sit in the City part of the ground?

Leithenhibby
20-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Did it not occur to you that it might be a Rangers supporter from Manchester who happened to sit in the City part of the ground?

It did, just no ma cup o'tea.

We are told continuously no to be too inflammatory..:wink:

And for that reason, I'm out. :cool2:

bod
20-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Neville could be banned .. caught on camera giving ManC fans the bird!

I hate ManUre and that pwick of a manager. MON THE CITY! :agree:

na he was looking for a tin of shoe polish to dip his finger in to give his tash that manly look
ope he plays next week tho
city till i die

Broken Gnome
20-01-2010, 06:51 PM
Why does English football bring out such OTT pettiness in Scottish fans...? :confused:

bingo70
20-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Why does English football bring out such OTT pettiness in Scottish fans...? :confused:

Who is being OTT and petty :confused:

Broken Gnome
20-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Who is being OTT and petty :confused:

Not just on this thread, see countless United/Liverpool threads, also ones when Newcastle have been the source of verbals.

On a relative scale, just seems that people get overly passionate and angered when defending their English teams.

That type of thing, you think Ryan Giggs is remotely bothered by that? :greengrin I can't even imagine a Hearts player who would get that comment if he'd played in 20 years worth of Edinburgh derbies and not scored in the first 19 of them.

Just seems the size and publicity given to English clubs makes them targets for abuse and mocking that's hugely over the top given (in many cases) the distance between, for example, someone is anti-Man Utd and the fact they've always been hundreds of miles away from any local rivalry.

bingo70
20-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Not just on this thread, see countless United/Liverpool threads, also ones when Newcastle have been the source of verbals.

On a relative scale, just seems that people get overly passionate and angered when defending their English teams.

That type of thing, you think Ryan Giggs is remotely bothered by that? :greengrin I can't even imagine a Hearts player who would get that comment if he'd played in 20 years worth of Edinburgh derbies and not scored in the first 19 of them.

Just seems the size and publicity given to English clubs makes them targets for abuse and mocking that's hugely over the top given (in many cases) the distance between, for example, someone is anti-Man Utd and the fact they've always been hundreds of miles away from any local rivalry.

Fair enough, see what you mean now :agree:

Get a bit pissed off when people refer to there English teams as 'we' and 'us' as well when they don't really support them, more often than not they just keep an eye out for there scores.

Broken Gnome
20-01-2010, 07:14 PM

Get a bit pissed off when people refer to there English teams as 'we' and 'us' as well when they don't really support them, more often than not they just keep an eye out for there scores.

I'd wager a the aftermath of a particular pleasing/hurtful Man Utd-Liverpool game would cause about as heated a debate as you'd get on here...

HibbyAndy
20-01-2010, 07:16 PM
I'd wager a the aftermath of a particular pleasing/hurtful Man Utd-Liverpool game would cause about as heated a debate as you'd get on here...

And if it did you wouldnt have to read it if you didnt like the context of the thread whilst hovering over the title subject?

Broken Gnome
20-01-2010, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't have to hover, my question would've been relevant just by looking at the thread title :greengrin

It's an honest question based on endless English clubs threads, no big deal.

Sir David Gray
20-01-2010, 11:39 PM

:agree: That sums it up for me.

I like Man Utd, I take an interest in their matches and I like to see them win leagues and cups etc but I'm not a diehard supporter by any stretch of the imagination. I would quite like to go and see them some time but only if Hibs weren't playing on the same day.

I never refer to them as 'us' and when they lose, it certainly doesn't spoil the rest of my night, in the way that it does when Hibs lose.

Dashing Bob S
20-01-2010, 11:44 PM
:agree: That sums it up for me.

I like Man Utd, I take an interest in their matches and I like to see them win leagues and cups etc but I'm not a diehard supporter by any stretch of the imagination. I would quite like to go and see them some time but only if Hibs weren't playing on the same day.

I never refer to them as 'us' and when they lose, it certainly doesn't spoil the rest of my night, in the way that it does when Hibs lose.

Agreed. Take an interest in an English team if you must, but all this hard nipples stuff about games on Sky is a pretty sad scenario.

machibby
27-01-2010, 09:36 PM
get it right up you city 34 years

Andy74
27-01-2010, 09:51 PM

Tee hee!

LancashireHibby
27-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Rag filth. Hope the fat Scouse sod buggers off to Spain ASAP.

Cabbage East
27-01-2010, 09:54 PM
who gives a **** about that english pish, mon the cabbage

LancashireHibby
27-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Certainly not going to let it spoil my night, that's for sure :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2010, 09:58 PM
get it right up you city 34 years

They're still in with a shout of the FA Cup.

CB_NO3
27-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Get it up yous City. Great result for football IMO. All this talk of being the best, biggest club in the world by trying to buy success. HAHA

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Get it up yous City. Great result for football IMO. All this talk of being the best, biggest club in the world by trying to buy success. HAHA

:hilarious Ferdinand, Rooney, Carrick, Berbatov.

CB_NO3
27-01-2010, 10:06 PM
:hilarious Ferdinand, Rooney, Carrick, Berbatov.

Man Utd have earnt the right to buy these players buy building a team over the last 20 years and becoming the best team in England. Man City were low end of the EPL a few seasons ago and now they are trying to buy instant success.

DirtyDeeds
27-01-2010, 10:10 PM
If it wasnt clear enough for people to see, can all City fans sit down, shut up, and recognise your true place in the pecking order. Pretenders. A team filled with guys who, in the main, have won hee haw. Buying them for an inflated price doesnt make them more likely to buck that trend. If that City side had been wearing red United jerseys tonight, theyd have gone through. The winning mentality does not exist at their club.

United!!!

Danderhall Hibs
27-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Man Utd have earnt the right to buy these players buy building a team over the last 20 years and becoming the best team in England. Man City were low end of the EPL a few seasons ago and now they are trying to buy instant success.

:hilarious So that's how it works...

Hibee_Rab
27-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah get it round yez dundee utd, hibs are back above you now!:wink:

CB_NO3
27-01-2010, 10:35 PM
Indeed it does.:bye:

Winston Ingram
27-01-2010, 10:42 PM
United were fantastic tonight. Thoroughly deserved. I did think all the City fans havin a wee chug tae themselves after the first leg was a little premature last week:agree:

Green_one
27-01-2010, 11:00 PM
In football heaven for a change. If only the Huns had lost.

Thought Darren Fletcher was excellent tonight. If he could just take that form into the Scotland team

Tevez did well again (poor defending by Rio) but I felt City were much too cautious overall. Taking on an Italian style perhaps?

Man United fans made themselves heard. Another Final :top marks

Late Goals by both my teams - lovely (ex Man United boy too)

Bad Martini
27-01-2010, 11:05 PM

:thumbsup:

Indeed. Man Utd didn't spend stupid money for the last x years and however many moons ago when they won far less, they did still have the trillions of loyal fans making an orderly queue from here to Saturn, stating their love of the Red Devils, their unquestionable faith to the cause and indeed, they never ever kept their mouths shut when they were doing less well and hid....

How dare you suggest that DH ! :greengrin

:devil: