PDA

View Full Version : Strange

The_Sauz
19-01-2010, 02:15 PM
I have taken this from the report (v D UTD) on the main Hibs website

"If there was any doubt that Bamba is being missed it was firmly cast to one side at Tannadice on Saturday - and while Ian Murray has been given the responsibility of taking over the role vacated by Bamba in the heart of the Hibernian defence, he admits that not hearing the reassurance of Bamba's voice is something he and his fellow defenders need to work through: "Sol is very important of course. He is the spine of the team and gets us going from the back, and it is always nice to hear a voice so that you know what you are doing. "

Should that not be the captains job, especially one who plays at the back :confused:
I try not to get myself involved on having ago at players on any public forums no matter how I think they played, but I have always had my doubts about Hogg in his captains role (not his ability) for the team on the field.

RickyS
19-01-2010, 02:29 PM

"If there was any doubt that Bamba is being missed it was firmly cast to one side at Tannadice on Saturday - and while Ian Murray has been given the responsibility of taking over the role vacated by Bamba in the heart of the Hibernian defence, he admits that not hearing the reassurance of Bamba's voice is something he and his fellow defenders need to work through: "Sol is very important of course. He is the spine of the team and gets us going from the back, and it is always nice to hear a voice so that you know what you are doing. "

Should that not be the captains job, especially one who plays at the back :confused:
I try not to get myself involved on having ago at players on any public forums no matter how I think they played, but I have always had my doubts about Hogg in his captains role (not his ability) for the team on the field.

we know who the real captains are:wink:

millarco
19-01-2010, 02:41 PM

Not necessarily, ideally we'd have eleven guys on the pitch who would be doing that. All it suggests is that Bamba is a key player and a leading voice. The likes of Hogg, Murray and McBride are all talkers as well, each with a different style. I don't read that as a criticism of Hogg at all. Maybe he's suggesting that Hanlon isn't vocal enough?

Andy74
19-01-2010, 02:47 PM
What do people think being captain is all about?

Hogg seems pretty vocal to me but Bamba is obviously a bigger personality and probably more experienced.

Being club captain means running player committees and being the link from the team to the maanger and lots of off field boring stuff like that. Hogg is apparently very good in that role.

You always hear manager saying that on the park he wants 11 captains out there as everyone has that responsibility to show leadership.

Seems another poor excuse to have a go at Hogg to me!

The_Sauz
19-01-2010, 04:27 PM

Hogg seems pretty vocal to me but Bamba is obviously a bigger personality and probably more experienced.

Being club captain means running player committees and being the link from the team to the maanger and lots of off field boring stuff like that. Hogg is apparently very good in that role.

You always hear manager saying that on the park he wants 11 captains out there as everyone has that responsibility to show leadership.

Yea..what ever floats your boat!!!:yawn:

Green Mikey
19-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Excellent post Andy.

Hogg is more of a club captain, doing all the off the field work etc. Not all leaders on the pitch make good club captains and vice versa. The leaders on the pitch are Bamba, Murray and McBride however they may not want/be able to fulfil the role as captain of the pitch.