PDA

View Full Version : Amatuer officials. !!

Hibs7
19-01-2010, 12:10 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/we-need-to-tough-it-through-20100118_2262950_1935626

Read the report, offside for the united goal, onside when Stokes pulled up for offside, penalty never a penalty !!!! Something should be done about incompetent officials.

Jack
19-01-2010, 12:56 PM
The officials are ‘bad’ every game and the old saying of ‘it evens itself out over the season’ is quite often true – over a season. I think this season they have been less bad than in the past but there's still fact they don’t get enough calls right, and some pretty important ones at that – at all levels and throughout the world.

I would say our possible loss of 2 points is less important than that possibly suffered for example by Ireland, the association and the players – reputation and financial, in not getting to the World Cup finals or Maradonna possibly halting England on their way to another WC victory. But its important to us.

It might not be a 100% fix but the sooner the football authorities get their heads out the sand and bring in video/TV evidence during the games major mistakes will always be made and fans around the world will take it in turns to moan.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-01-2010, 01:13 PM
The officials are not the reason we came away from Tannadice empty handed. We came away with all the points that our performance deserved.

gogs_t
19-01-2010, 01:32 PM
The officials are ‘bad’ every game and the old saying of ‘it evens itself out over the season’ is quite often true – over a season. I think this season they have been less bad than in the past but there's still fact they don’t get enough calls right, and some pretty important ones at that – at all levels and throughout the world.

I would say our possible loss of 2 points is less important than that possibly suffered for example by Ireland, the association and the players – reputation and financial, in not getting to the World Cup finals or Maradonna possibly halting England on their way to another WC victory. But its important to us.

It might not be a 100% fix but the sooner the football authorities get their heads out the sand and bring in video/TV evidence during the games major mistakes will always be made and fans around the world will take it in turns to moan.

I pretty much agree with that. Generally, there have been a few dodgy decisions but the SPL doesn't have the monopoly on them.
Referees will always make mistakes, the same as players, and I actually think Steve Conroy is one of the better refs.

Blatantly wrong decisions are annoying, but when it's a touch and go decision that's analysed over and over again on TV with a panel who pause the replays several time before then deciding "I think the ref may have got that one wrong" - what chance have they got :bitchy:

I can't believe I've just stuck up for referees!!

Monktonhall 7
19-01-2010, 02:02 PM
I agree with Northern Hibby, that we got what our performance deserved, but after sitting in the Fair play Stand, nearest the players tunnel, (with my knees at my chin), the Linesmans performance was ridiculous. Its time Mr Dallas and his mates stopped making excuses, and cleared out the incompetents. I dont want to start another debate, but still cant believe that Killies goal was allowed to stand, 2 points lost, and Celtics Fortune was adjudged to have fouled McGregor, by the same Referee. Unless he has had his arse kicked for the Maka incident. You never know.

ancient hibee
19-01-2010, 03:33 PM
It may be annoying but in any SPL game the person on the field making the least mistakes will be the referee.