PDA

View Full Version : Hibs make first January signing!!

ancienthibby
19-01-2010, 10:01 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8467171.stm

:greengrin

(and he comes via Falkirk, does he not??)

MSK
19-01-2010, 10:04 AM

(and he comes via Falkirk, does he not??)Thats some name.. Guru Watt Nicol ...is he Scottish ..:greengrin

sambajustice
19-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Had the pleasure of seeing this guy in action. he's really good.

The England national team also used him for some major championships or other. I've not read the article so dunno if that was also mentioned!

danhibees1875
19-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Had the pleasure of seeing this guy in action. he's really good.

The England national team also used him for some major championships or other. I've not read the article so dunno if that was also mentioned!

Derek wont start scoring our penalties then? :boo hoo:

Golden Bear
19-01-2010, 10:26 AM
According to the Daily Express the guru's diagnosis was :-

"I think there are one or two members of the squad who are not workers. Good results make complacent people even more complacent"

I'm sure a good few thousand Hibbys' are already well aware of that.

Now, where's our fee - has Rod already posted it I wonder?

:wink:

Andy74
19-01-2010, 10:31 AM

Does Smith not count as one?

degenerated
19-01-2010, 10:33 AM
looks we've signed unce albert

http://www.wattnicoll.co.uk/watt02.jpg

Sylar
19-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I wondered how relative one of the other stories may well be:

Former Falkirk and Rangers forward Alan Gow says he may have to quit Plymouth to put his career back on track. (Various)

Judas Iscariot
19-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Thats some name.. Guru Watt Nicol ...is he Scottish ..:greengrin

I've also had the pleasure of being part of one of his "Sessions"..

Really, really good!

Sure Benji and Zouma will have loved it :greengrin

Hibs Spain
19-01-2010, 10:50 AM

Worth a try :agree: He's a really interesting guy.

1875er
19-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I remember going to see him about 15 years ago when his stage name was " The Man "... personally, at the time I thought he seemed like a bit of a crack pot.

Still I am willing to be open minded about these kind of things and if Yogi has used him before he must rate the guy.

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-01-2010, 11:02 AM
I remember going to see him about 15 years ago when his stage name was " The Man "... personally, at the time I thought he seemed like a bit of a crack pot.

Still I am willing to be open minded about these kind of things and if Yogi has used him before he must rate the guy.Absolutely spot on. I was at school with his son Roddy (i think he was a jambo but cannae remember TBH) but his old man is a bit of a jack of all trades who's willing to try anything! When i heard he was a motivational guru i could not believe it!!!

http://www.nigelgatherer.com/perf/music/whistle/watt.html

Anyway, i can't fault anyone for making money out of old rope so...... i'm also a motivational guru - please give me loads of money and i'll tell you all about motivation.

:rolleyes:

1875er
19-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Can you imagine him with Modern Footballers..

"So young man what motivates you?"

"Money!"

"OK ....well I will give you a wave as you pass Harthill...."

Speedy
19-01-2010, 12:23 PM
I've seen him twice, he's really good :thumbsup:

Jack
19-01-2010, 12:37 PM
I seen him in action too and found it ... errrrrr ... motivational :greengrin

Maybe Hibs could do a deal and have him do a 'gig' for the crowd at half time :faf:

Imagine what a motivated East Stand would be like :faf: :faf:

... and the others :devil:

Hibercelona
19-01-2010, 12:46 PM
looks we've signed unce albert

http://www.wattnicoll.co.uk/watt02.jpg

Good call.

He apparently sails through matches.

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I wondered how relative one of the other stories may well be:

Former Falkirk and Rangers forward Alan Gow says he may have to quit Plymouth to put his career back on track. (Various)

Didn't he quit Rangers to put his career back on track?

Hibs Spain
19-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I seen him in action too and found it ... errrrrr ... motivational :greengrin

Maybe Hibs could do a deal and have him do a 'gig' for the crowd at half time :faf:

Imagine what a motivated East Stand would be like :faf: :faf:

... and the others :devil:

I've seen his hypnosis act which was pretty good. But he's pretty well respected as a motivational speaker/coach or whatever they're called.:rolleyes:

Speedway
19-01-2010, 01:25 PM
I've seen his hypnosis act which was pretty good. But he's pretty well respected as a motivational speaker/coach or whatever they're called.:rolleyes:

Do you reckon he could get anyone believing that Maka is a goalkeeper?

Hibs Spain
19-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Do you reckon he could get anyone believing that Maka is a goalkeeper?

Haha...Maka's a star ...A wee bit developement on decision making,nothing major. Smith wasn't a clown when he gave the pen away against Irvine was he? A really poor decision to come out but,hey,he's not Maka :cool2:

Golden Bear
19-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Haha...Maka's a star ...A wee bit developement on decision making,nothing major. Smith wasn't a clown when he gave the pen away against Irvine was he? A really poor decision to come out but,hey,he's not Maka :cool2:

:stirrer:

Sauzee07
19-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I was at a conference several years ago where this guy did a session and I thought he was the worst motivational speaker I've ever seen. Was more like a bad stand-up routine than anything remotely motivating in my view.

The best guy for this kind of work is Frank Dick in my opinion. Used to work with the British athletics team and Everton football club and he is the real deal.

All opinions though I guess. Glen Hoddle thought Mystic Meg was worth dealing with.:bitchy:

Golden Bear
19-01-2010, 01:53 PM
More info.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/151376-hibernian-call-in-beckhams-motivator/

CallumLaidlaw
19-01-2010, 01:54 PM

funny, I was at a different game where no penalty was given away :yawn:

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 01:57 PM

Thats because there was no penalty.

Irvine felt they had a claim for a penalty and after seeing it on tv later on the ref got it spot on not giving them one.

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-01-2010, 02:07 PM

Irvine felt they had a claim for a penalty and after seeing it on tv later on the ref got it spot on not giving them one.I wish someone could motivate Hibs Spain not to talk a load of ******!

CallumLaidlaw
19-01-2010, 02:10 PM
More info.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/hibernian/151376-hibernian-call-in-beckhams-motivator/

Makes good reading, and good to see Yogi act quickly. They say 3 games without a win, but I'd say its more about the performances than the actual results.

Hibs Spain
19-01-2010, 02:11 PM

Irvine felt they had a claim for a penalty and after seeing it on tv later on the ref got it spot on not giving them one.

Do you really think I don't know that?

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Makes good reading, and good to see Yogi act quickly. They say 3 games without a win, but I'd say its more about the performances than the actual results.

Callum when did you get your pic with Gallas?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 02:13 PM

Well why say this? :confused:

Smith wasn't a clown when he gave the pen away against Irvine was he? A really poor decision to come out but,hey,he's not Maka :cool2:

Speedway
19-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Callum when did you get your pic with Gallas?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Gallas? I thought that was Franck Ribery.

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2010, 02:19 PM

I do, i dont think you know what you are saying, in fact personally i think you are completely mad.

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Gallas? I thought that was Franck Ribery.

:hilarious

Hibs Spain
19-01-2010, 02:36 PM

Well why say this? :confused:

Penalty in my view!...Anyway the thrust of my point is that it was a ludicrous decision by Smith,could easily have been given but not a peep from anyone about it.That's all ..No big deal :cool2:

Viva_Palmeiras
19-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Gallas - If I hear that said about James McFadden one more time....

Seriously tho' - 1990 - time for Guru?

HFC 0-7
19-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Penalty in my view!...Anyway the thrust of my point is that it was a ludicrous decision by Smith,could easily have been given but not a peep from anyone about it.That's all ..No big deal :cool2:

Thats because your view and aim is to try and convince yourself that he is worse than Maka! Never gonna happen unless he blindfolds himself, drinks 20 cans of special brew and chops one of his arms off!

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Thats because your view and aim is to try and convince yourself that he is worse than Maka! Never gonna happen unless he blindfolds himself, drinks 20 cans of special brew and chops one of his arms off!

Even then it would be close.

Viva_Palmeiras
19-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Back to the OP - did Smith not sign in January? Sorry its been a hectic month...

Andy74
19-01-2010, 04:34 PM
Back to the OP - did Smith not sign in January? Sorry its been a hectic month...

As I pointed out earlier in the thread! It should be second signing in January!

Andy74
19-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Even then it would be close.

Yes, between Maka and the severed arm.

Hibs Spain
19-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Yes, between Maka and the severed arm.

:faf: That was actually quite funny.Take it you don't rate Maka then?:boo hoo::agree: I think he is without doubt the best prospect ever.One or two things he could work on to get even better but watch all the world class goalies being a bit iffy now and again:agree: And don't waste your time coming back with "It wouldn't be so bad if it were only now and again" because for all the hysterical abuse he gets his shut out record is more than respectable.Gained us six points in the Falkirk and Aberdeen games alone!:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
19-01-2010, 07:42 PM
As I pointed out earlier in the thread! It should be second signing in January!

Well done :wink: Great minds and all that

Speedway
20-01-2010, 09:23 AM
:faf: That was actually quite funny.Take it you don't rate Maka then?:boo hoo::agree: I think he is without doubt the best prospect ever.One or two things he could work on to get even better but watch all the world class goalies being a bit iffy now and again:agree: And don't waste your time coming back with "It wouldn't be so bad if it were only now and again" because for all the hysterical abuse he gets his shut out record is more than respectable.Gained us six points in the Falkirk and Aberdeen games alone!:greengrin

Why, was he injured for those games?

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2010, 10:00 AM

Yes yes yes, but i'd still prefer the arm.

Liam89
27-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Well that "signing" went well didn't it. :wink:

500miles
27-03-2010, 11:13 AM
Well that "signing" went well didn't it. :wink:

He worked with the team for a week or less I think. They won that weekend IIRC.

Moulin Yarns
27-03-2010, 11:19 AM
He worked with the team for a week or less I think. They won that weekend IIRC.

I hope, for his sake, he doesn't get performance related pay

TornadoHibby
27-03-2010, 11:31 AM

Why, was he injured for those games?

I'd forgotten how the "Maka" threads had been going at the turn of the year! :cool2:

It was true about the two games mentioned but the "never let the truth get in the way of a good story" syndrome, so common on here, had well kicked in by then and Maka was being rubbished at every turn by certain individuals who have subsequently defended other "keeper(s) since who have done things for which Maka was truly trashed on here for! :agree:

Shame really and largely unjustified IMO but once the mb's are agin ye, it's all over really! :wink:

Wonder how he's doing in the "goalkeeping academy" now its been going for a few months?! :confused: