PDA

View Full Version : Standing laws

Hibee_Rab
18-01-2010, 11:46 PM
After reading the atmosphere thread, I was wondering what acutally are the laws about standing at games. Does it have to be a specific section, can it be done at all?

monktonharp
19-01-2010, 12:35 AM
I know nothing about the laws,but we were told sit down please this is a seated stadium,at Tannadice on Saturday by an officious prick in an orange jaikit. despite the fact that we were at the back row,bothering naebody.:grr:

Hermit Crab
19-01-2010, 12:49 AM
I was standing at the other end of the upper tier where the wooden seats are at tannadice infact quite a few fans were standing. There were a few stewards about and coppers but nobody bothered thier arse to ask us to sit down. Not doing much harm to anybody.

Hainan Hibs
19-01-2010, 01:14 AM
Also don't know much about the laws so another great post:greengrin, but the police were actually alright at Pittodrie for the 2-0 game, everyone was standing and it really was a great atmosphere.

That survey on the SPL that was on here had a question about standing, I think just about everyone would've given their support for it. Will the SFA do anything about it? They'll do complete SFA about it....

Hermit Crab
19-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Also don't know much about the laws so another great post:greengrin, but the police were actually alright at Pittodrie for the 2-0 game, everyone was standing and it really was a great atmosphere.

That survey on the SPL that was on here had a question about standing, I think just about everyone would've given their support for it. Will the SFA do anything about it? They'll do complete SFA about it....

Also you may have noticed that Aberdeen rangers,celtic and even hearts fans all mostly stand for the whole game when they come to ER. It happens alot down south. In EPL you always see the away fans standing at games and some home fans aswell,even in the lower divisions where there are all seated grounds the fans still stand. Leeds are a good example of this. Hibs fans should all start standing at all away matches as the stewards cant tell us all to sit down. This i feel will improve the atmosphere as its always much better,you said your self pittodrie was good and it was except i was at the bit with no cover and got covered in snow haha. Parkhead a week on wednesday lets ALL stand for the 90 minutes and get behind the team and silence the weegies :devil:

With a bit of luck in the future the SFA will see sense and give the fans what they want. Terraces back at football.

Greentinted
19-01-2010, 01:38 AM
This may be of some help although it is very much to do with the game in England. However, the Taylor Report (which influenced the legislation) refers both to England and Scotland.

http://www.parliament.uk/commons/lib/research/briefings/snha-03937.pdf

Andy74
19-01-2010, 11:44 AM
If everyone refused to sit it would be interesting. a bit like the East Terracing where they have long since given up.

I can't recall the team but eventually the authorities whoever they may be moved to close the stand completely instead of trying to get supporters to sit.

kennyh
19-01-2010, 11:57 AM
I think its Man Utd fans in the Stretford end that have had run ins with the club as the local council insist fans sit down during games and they have been threatened with closure of that section if they fail to get fans to comply.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2010, 12:03 PM
I think its Man Utd fans in the Stretford end that have had run ins with the club as the local council insist fans sit down during games and they have been threatened with closure of that section if they fail to get fans to comply.

Now most of the fans in the lower teir of old trafford still stand and nobody bothers. Its what the fans want

If all the fans refused to sit down theres nothing they can do. Theres no way a stand would be closed because of this. There would be an outcry,maybe even boycots

Joe Baker II
19-01-2010, 03:45 PM
I was standing at the other end of the upper tier where the wooden seats are at tannadice infact quite a few fans were standing. There were a few stewards about and coppers but nobody bothered thier arse to ask us to sit down. Not doing much harm to anybody.

This is good to hear, Tayside police and stewards have been particulalry excessive in this regard in recent years, maybe things are improving despite Monktonharp's post. Did not go to game (in fact rarely have been to Tayside games in last 5 years for the reasons above) but this is good news some common sense was applied, looked from TV a lot of United fans standing behind goal too.

Whatever faults of Hibs Board, there arrangements at ER are pretty good regarding tolerating standing in limited areas.

No law on standing in Scotland, it is SPL rule only.

green&left
19-01-2010, 04:02 PM
The initial outlaw of standing places in top flight football was only intended for England and Wales. Scotland voluntarily joined in and would be able to just as easy pull out of it I'd imagine.

They can organise 14000 standing places at Borussia Dortmund, 8000 standing places at the likes of Frankfurt, Hamburg, Schalke etc aswell as accomodate a couple of thousand away fans who want to stand, massive stadiums that regulary sellout, but we can't stand in places like Hamilton, St Mirren, Motherwell, Killie etc when there is about 5000 fans in the ground due to 'safety reasons'.

.Sean.
19-01-2010, 05:55 PM
You must have been beside me then :agree: I stood up the very back, pretty much on the concrete bit between the seats. I have stood up the back at Falkirk, Hamilton (Gazebo), St Mirren, Killie, Dunfermline, stood down the front at Tynie, Bolton, and Pittodrie and the majority stood at Ibrox, sat for a bit at Fir Park as we were threatened with ejection.

As long as you don't cause too much disruption you won't really get hassle from stewards.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2010, 05:58 PM
You must have been beside me then :agree: I stood up the very back, pretty much on the concrete bit between the seats. I have stood up the back at Falkirk, Hamilton (Gazebo), St Mirren, Killie, Dunfermline, stood down the front at Tynie, Bolton, and Pittodrie and the majority stood at Ibrox, sat for a bit at Fir Park as we were threatened with ejection.

As long as you don't cause too much disruption you won't really get hassle from stewards.

I was where the massive hibs on tour flag was. Directly behind the flag infact.

.Sean.
19-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Snap :cool2:

Hermit Crab
19-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Snap :cool2:

LOL Its my flag :thumbsup:

.Sean.
19-01-2010, 06:03 PM
LOL Its my flag :thumbsup:
It's a tidy flag :thumbsup:

I was with 5 other chaps. Tried to get a bit of singing on the go. Nae joy in that aspect eh :boo hoo:

Hermit Crab
19-01-2010, 06:07 PM
No most the support wasnt up for it all on Sat

.Sean.
19-01-2010, 06:09 PM
No most the support wasnt up for it all on Sat
Maybe we could try and get evrybody standing :devil:

Sir David Gray
19-01-2010, 06:11 PM

If you can get me to stand for 90 minutes, you should rename yourself as .jesus. :greengrin

.Sean.
19-01-2010, 06:13 PM
If you can get me to stand for 90 minutes, you should rename yourself as .jesus. :greengrin
Hmmm :hmmm:

Sir David Gray
19-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Hmmm :hmmm:

I'm in a wheelchair. :greengrin

Sorry, probably should have made that clearer.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2010, 06:28 PM

Start at Parkhead next wed. Falkirkhibee is exempt though as he clearly says

Keith_M
19-01-2010, 07:21 PM
I'm in a wheelchair. :greengrin

Sorry, probably should have made that clearer.

Excuses, excuses

:wink:

monktonharp
19-01-2010, 07:31 PM
This is good to hear, Tayside police and stewards have been particulalry excessive in this regard in recent years, maybe things are improving despite Monktonharp's post. Did not go to game (in fact rarely have been to Tayside games in last 5 years for the reasons above) but this is good news some common sense was applied, looked from TV a lot of United fans standing behind goal too.

Whatever faults of Hibs Board, there arrangements at ER are pretty good regarding tolerating standing in limited areas.

No law on standing in Scotland, it is SPL rule only. also noticed a group of young lads,behind us at St.Mirren park a few weeks back,were getting grief from stewards for standing. ..or maybe it was the song they sang continiously . something about "the bus is too big,it wouldnae fit":singing::duck:

crash
19-01-2010, 08:22 PM
Also you may have noticed that Aberdeen rangers,celtic and even hearts fans all mostly stand for the whole game when they come to ER. - Not true.
It happens alot down south. In EPL you always see the away fans standing at games and some home fans aswell,even in the lower divisions where there are all seated grounds the fans still stand.-Been to many games down South?
Leeds are a good example of this.- If you think Leeds fans are a good example to us then you need help
Hibs fans should all start standing at all away matches as the stewards cant tell us all to sit down.-Great idea,stuff all the fans who have paid for a seat only to have some pillock standing in front of them for 90 mins, hard luck kids you wont be able to see the match

With a bit of luck in the future the SFA will see sense and give the fans what they want. Terraces back at football.-Didn't know this either, do you have any figures for this?

.Sean.
19-01-2010, 08:27 PM
also noticed a group of young lads,behind us at St.Mirren park a few weeks back,were getting grief from stewards for standing. ..or maybe it was the song they sang continiously . something about "the bus is too big,it wouldnae fit":singing::duck:
Again, that was us :thumbsup:

Back right of the stand? Stood anyway, and we sang that particular ditty after walking passed a bus that had somewhat encountered trouble with a bridge :faf:

Hermit Crab
19-01-2010, 09:24 PM

You watching the man city game? All man u fans are standing. Nearly all city fans in bottom tier are standing. Dont see police or stewards trying to make them sit.

.Sean.
19-01-2010, 09:30 PM
You watching the man city game? All man u fans are standing. Nearly all city fans in bottom tier are standing. Dont see police or stewards trying to make them sit.
Yup. Can hardly miss it.

the_ginger_hibee
19-01-2010, 09:31 PM

:agree:

Looks like most of the stadium are on their feet. I know its a derby and a SF etc. but the standing certainly hasn't harmed the atmosphere.

Good stuff.

Hermit Crab
19-01-2010, 10:33 PM

Looks like most of the stadium are on their feet. I know its a derby and a SF etc. but the standing certainly hasn't harmed the atmosphere.

Good stuff.

possibly made the atmosphere even better IMO :thumbsup:

Joe Baker II
20-01-2010, 11:33 AM

Good stuff.

That is why SPL's attittude so absurd, any big game one gets the majority or at least large minority standing for much/all of game - but clubs encourage eavy handed stewarding when afew fans want to stand at back of stands when not obstructing views. St Mirren example a good one referred to by Monktonharp - I did go to that game and impression was stewards were itching for people to stand at back so they could get tough, not a ground I will be back to in forseeable future.