PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle vs West Brom

Sylar
18-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Just about to start on SS1 - 1st vs 2nd in the Championship, with both teams playing very well just now.

Should be a cracker, which means it'll probably finish 0-0...

Sylar
18-01-2010, 08:01 PM
Newcastle 0-1 West Brom - Olsson

Sylar
18-01-2010, 08:03 PM
As an aside, it's nice to see West Brom have removed their sponsor for this game and are drawing awareness to the Haiti disaster fund instead.

Seems to be more and more of a thing with clubs (I noticed the breast cancer awareness symbols both Edinburgh clubs were sporting during the last derby).

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 08:08 PM
As an aside, it's nice to see West Brom have removed their sponsor for this game and are drawing awareness to the Haiti disaster fund instead.
Seems to be more and more of a thing with clubs (I noticed the breast cancer awareness symbols both Edinburgh clubs were sporting during the last derby).

Great move :agree:

Sylar
18-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Newcastle United 1-1 West Bromwich Albion - Danny Guthrie

Brilliant game.

Sylar
18-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Newcastle United 1-2 West Brom - Roman Bednar

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 08:58 PM

I don't think WBA normally have a shirt sponsor do they?

greenlex
18-01-2010, 08:58 PM

I think it was awarness of domestic violence rather than Breast cancer. I maybe well off the mark though so appologies in advance.

Cracking game by the way.

greenlex
18-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I don't think WBA normally have a shirt sponsor do they?

Different one each week. They gave up the space this week to dec instead of a sponsor.

Sylar
18-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I think it was awarness of domestic violence rather than Breast cancer. I maybe well off the mark though so appologies in advance.

Cracking game by the way.

I know the police were sending texts to all fans entering the ground, but I'm sure the wee breast cancer logo was above the respective club badges?

Unless there's a similar symbol used for domestic violence (I genuinely don't know?).

Now Newcastle 2-2 West Brom - Peter Lovenkrands

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2010, 09:01 PM
2-2 great header

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 09:03 PM
2-2 great header

Pish attempt at a save from the keeper.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Pish attempt at a save from the keeper.
Your just saing that because lovenkrans(sp?) is a hun.

Its was ***** gk tbh but do not say that beause it will become a anti-maka thread.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Your just saing that because lovenkrans(sp?) is a hun.

Its was ***** gk tbh but do not say that beause it will become a anti-maka thread.

Maka would've saved that.

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2010, 09:09 PM
Maka would've saved that.Na he would have came out and flapped at it.

Just Jimmy
18-01-2010, 09:11 PM
how was that not a straight red? shocking challenge. Nolan was sent of for one similar earlier in the season.

Two solid penalty shouts as well, ref has been pish. (I'm biased :wink:)

MWHIBBIES
18-01-2010, 09:12 PM
how was that not a straight red? shocking challenge. Nolan was sent of for one similar earlier in the season.

Two solid penalty shouts as well, ref has been pish. (I'm biased :wink:)
Agree

Did u see that big hearts bassa when he got subbed.

hibee_girl
18-01-2010, 09:17 PM
I know the police were sending texts to all fans entering the ground, but I'm sure the wee breast cancer logo was above the respective club badges?

Unless there's a similar symbol used for domestic violence (I genuinely don't know?).

Now Newcastle 2-2 West Brom - Peter Lovenkrands

They were white ribbons at the derby which are used for domestic violence

Sylar
18-01-2010, 09:18 PM

Ah right. Cheers! :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 09:19 PM

What damage can a ribbon do to anyone? They'd barely mark the skin.

Sylar
18-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Jose Enrique - dirty diving ******* - he tripped himself up, then gestured for a booking, which undeservedly followed.

I'm biased too :wink:

Sylar
18-01-2010, 09:30 PM
What.A.Miss...

Sylar
18-01-2010, 09:42 PM
Another decent shout for a penalty in injury time for Newcastle.

Kevin Nolan should have walked for that kick there - malicious, pre-meditated, and utterly no attempt to play the ball.

Full Time: Newcastle 2-2 West Brom

hibsboy90
18-01-2010, 09:47 PM
What a game, great advert for championship football. West Brom will feel aggrieved for not holding onto their leads, but Newcastle were the better side IMO.

WBA were lucky to still have 11 on the park come full time, but nolan came close to red also.

Newcastle could probably have had at least a few penalties, and looked like they would seal it late on when Guthierrez made a surging run in injury time. Also, Lovenkrands offside decision was VERY poor, at least a yard on, and with his current form, would have hit the back of the net.

Hibbie_Cameron
18-01-2010, 10:06 PM
Should have had a couple of pens :grr:

How noone got sent off in that game ill never know. Get pretty close up the top now

Pedantic_Hibee
18-01-2010, 10:20 PM
Fantastic game of football.

Billy
19-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Should have had a couple of pens :grr:

How noone got sent off in that game ill never know. Get pretty close up the top now

Not long back from the game and this one could have swung either way. Thought Newcastle should have been awarded a pen in the dying minutes.

On a side note, good noise from the Newcastle fans and I'm sure the boys behind us were also Hibs fans as they kept looking out for the updates of the Edinburgh City v Montrose match.

JimBHibees
19-01-2010, 10:42 AM
What a game, great advert for championship football. West Brom will feel aggrieved for not holding onto their leads, but Newcastle were the better side IMO.

WBA were lucky to still have 11 on the park come full time, but nolan came close to red also.

Newcastle could probably have had at least a few penalties, and looked like they would seal it late on when Guthierrez made a surging run in injury time. Also, Lovenkrands offside decision was VERY poor, at least a yard on, and with his current form, would have hit the back of the net.

Didnt see it all however thought WBA were the better team by a way. How Miller missed that chance at the end I dont know.

StevieC
20-01-2010, 08:47 AM
On a side note, good noise from the Newcastle fans and I'm sure the boys behind us were also Hibs fans as they kept looking out for the updates of the Edinburgh City v Montrose match.

Were you on Level 4 of the North West Corner (near the TV studio)?

I suppose it was a cracking game for the neutrals. Frustrating from a Newcastle point of view at the way we lost the goals but a good fightback to get back into it. Simpson was very poor and I was disappointed with his injury feign to get himself subbed, probably the last thing he'll have done at St James'. I just dont get Ameobi at all, I cant see what he brings to the team that others cant do 10 times better.

The ref was terrible. Not just for Newcastle though, I think he'll have frustrated both teams with his performance.

Billy
20-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Were you on Level 4 of the North West Corner (near the TV studio)?

I suppose it was a cracking game for the neutrals. Frustrating from a Newcastle point of view at the way we lost the goals but a good fightback to get back into it. Simpson was very poor and I was disappointed with his injury feign to get himself subbed, probably the last thing he'll have done at St James'. I just dont get Ameobi at all, I cant see what he brings to the team that others cant do 10 times better.

The ref was terrible. Not just for Newcastle though, I think he'll have frustrated both teams with his performance.

We were in the Gallowgate upper. I would have recognised you Stevie!! :greengrin Agree with you RE: the ref. Cliff did comment about the standard compared to the SPL.

StevieC
20-01-2010, 12:45 PM
We were in the Gallowgate upper. I would have recognised you Stevie!! :greengrin Agree with you RE: the ref. Cliff did comment about the standard compared to the SPL.

I know you'd have recognised me .. :wink: .. but one of the guys I travel down with is a Hibby from Prestonpans way and was texting me updates on the score through the game. He sits in the area I mentioned. Not sure if I'd know the guy behind you in the Gallowgate end.

You should have mentioned you were heading down and joined up for a pre-match beer.