PDA

View Full Version : Algeria V Ivory Coast (Bougherra V Bamba)

blueisthecolour
18-01-2010, 06:06 PM
If im not mistaken Algeria and Ivory Coast are through to the next stage of the African nations and will meet each other, so the question is who do you want to win?

Woody1985
18-01-2010, 06:09 PM
You missed the 'I don't give a **** option'.

I voted for IC as I liked them as a team before I even knew who Bamba was. Think there will be an overwhelming majority here!

sixtwo
18-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Bamba and the Ivory coast will probably win the cup. Bougherra will be back soon and quickly sold to the championship. Maybe newcastle or west brom for a couple of million.

Mikey_1875
18-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Bougherra = Hun Clown

Bamba = Decent hibs player

I don't like Drogba though but Bamba is enough to edge it for the Ivory :thumbsup:

Jack
18-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Can you give any reason whatsoever why anyone from here (other than yourself) who has any interest in this game would vote Algeria Bougherra?

Woody1985
18-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Can you give any reason whatsoever why anyone from here (other than yourself) who has any interest in this game would vote Algeria Bougherra?

Maybe Bougherra is a hibby!

iwasthere1972
18-01-2010, 06:22 PM
If im not mistaken Algeria and Ivory Coast are through to the next stage of the African nations and will meet each other, so the question is who do you want to win?

Who do you think? :grr: Not quite the same extreme but a touch like asking us if we want Hibs or Huns to win the league. :grr:

Admin: Can this chump be deposited in the big Hibs.net wheelie bin in time for Thursday's collection. :greengrin

Just noticed some numpty voted for Algeria. Come on own up you hun bassa.

I'm_cabbaged
18-01-2010, 06:24 PM

He'll have voted Bamba for the same reason I voted the hun. :wink:

zlatan
18-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Out our next 4 fixtures the only one where we should miss Bamba is Celtic away, hope the big chap gets a winners medal at the African Nations.

CapitalHibs
18-01-2010, 06:32 PM

Algeria play in green?:dunno:

CallumLaidlaw
18-01-2010, 06:33 PM
To be fair, is the question now based on, yes we would want Bamba to win the ANC, but the sooner they are out, the sooner he is back at hibs. Or does it not work like that?

If it does, then I don't mind missing him for an extra couple of games in exchange for having a ANC winner in the side. Plus the longer the stay in it, the less chance of him leaving in January :agree:

Woody1985
18-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Who do you think? :grr: Not quite the same extreme but a touch like asking us if we want Hibs or Huns to win the league. :grr:

Admin: Can this chump be deposited in the big Hibs.net wheelie bin in time for Thursday's collection. :greengrin

Just noticed some numpty voted for Algeria. Come on own up you hun bassa.

I'm assuming that was tongue in cheek given the OP?! :greengrin

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2010, 06:39 PM
This is a headbangers poll.

iwasthere1972
18-01-2010, 06:41 PM
I'm assuming that was tongue in cheek given the OP?! :greengrin

:agree:

iwasthere1972
18-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Algeria play in green?:dunno:

So do Celtic. :wink:

blueisthecolour
18-01-2010, 06:57 PM
Well I might surprise some then, I will be hoping for an IC win for the simple reason we get Bougherra back sooner, can't believe most would rather see IC win and Bamba be away for longer, I may be wrong but have Hibs not went off form a bit since Bamba went away?

So not it wasn't a trick or wind up question.

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Well I might surprise some then, I will be hoping for an IC win for the simple reason we get Bougherra back sooner, can't believe most would rather see IC win and Bamba be away for longer, I may be wrong but have Hibs not went off form a bit since Bamba went away?

Bougherra will be back with yous lot shortly cause theres nae dange they will beat IC.

Through to the knockout stages having only scored 1 goal:bitchy:. Bougherra has looked a total liability aswell :agree:

He's the Kirk Broadfoot of the ANC.

Sir David Gray
18-01-2010, 07:02 PM
The Ivory Coast just edge it for me because of Bamba but I find it very hard to support any side that has Didier Drogba in it.

iwasthere1972
18-01-2010, 07:02 PM

We're resigned to losing Bamba and Rod can squeeze more money out of any club wanting Bamba when he utters "African Nations Cup winners medal" :agree:

blueisthecolour
18-01-2010, 07:03 PM
Bougherra will be back with yous lot shortly cause theres nae dange they will beat IC.

I Hope your right:wink:

Through to the knockout stages having only scored 1 goal:bitchy:. Bougherra has looked a total liability aswell :agree:

Did you just watch his first game then when he played RB, I sure with your comment you missed his 2nd game witch he strolled through.

blueisthecolour
18-01-2010, 07:06 PM
The Ivory Coast just edge it for me because of Bamba but I find it very hard to support any side that has Didier Drogba in it.

Is that because of the diving? He has cut it out abit imo and it makes you appreciate how good a footballer he is.

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 07:08 PM
Did you just watch his first game then when he played RB, I sure with your comment you missed his 2nd game witch he strolled through.

Did you watch the 1st game when Malawi skelped them 3-0? Bougherra was at fault for a goal and looked like a deer caught in the hazard lights.

Try him at LB for the next game, LB in the changing rooms :agree:

Sir David Gray
18-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Is that because of the diving? He has cut it out abit imo and it makes you appreciate how good a footballer he is.

Oh I agree, he's a fantastic striker who would grace any team in any league in world football.

I just can't stand him.

He cheats, he feigns injury and he plays for Chelsea.

These are more than enough reasons for me to dislike him. :agree:

iwasthere1972
18-01-2010, 07:11 PM

I only have this to add to the thread because I'm out of here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H62WLR2FqOA :thumbsup:

Speedy
18-01-2010, 08:49 PM
I voted IC to win but wouldn't be devastated to see them lose and have Bamba back.

Tiocfaidh Ar La
18-01-2010, 09:03 PM
I'd like Bamba to get a winners medal and to shine during the tournament as it should hopefully boost his potential value.

In saying that I voted Algeria (****** Bougherra btw!) purely for selfish reasons. We need him back badly.

blueisthecolour
18-01-2010, 09:14 PM
I'd like Bamba to get a winners medal and to shine during the tournament as it should hopefully boost his potential value.

In saying that I voted Algeria (****** Bougherra btw!) purely for selfish reasons. We need him back badly.

The same reason why I voted IC

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 09:17 PM
[/B]

The same reason why I voted IC

If you recall i gave you a bit respect when others doubted you, i now class you as a Hun wind up merchant, i wont ever engage anything you say again.

Sooner your punted the better.

blueisthecolour
18-01-2010, 09:57 PM
If you recall i gave you a bit respect when others doubted you, i now class you as a Hun wind up merchant, i wont ever engage anything you say again.

Sooner your punted the better.

I don't see why you think this thread would be a wind up, as I have given a reason why I would like IC to wind and a reason why I am surprised by the result so far on this poll.

I don't have a problem with you not reading or replying to any of my posts, as you have said any questions you have asked I have given very honest answer's, when you have a go at the rangers I just give my view from a rangers fans point of view, there will always be disagreements between myself and hibs fans we see things different (from our own teams perspective) but even fans don't agree on everything hibs relaterd.

IMO That is the joy of football and why I love it so much.

ronaldo7
18-01-2010, 09:57 PM

That's if he decides he wants to go back:wink:

Might have some family issues to deal with, and turn up at Moron park in March:bye:

Malthibby
18-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Wanna see a Hibee lift the Africa Cup. That is all.

KeithTheHibby
18-01-2010, 10:04 PM

What a daft poll - clearly any Hibby would want Bamba and Ivory Coast to do as well as he can in the competition.

Woody1985
18-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't see why you think this thread would be a wind up, as I have given a reason why I would like IC to wind and a reason why I am surprised by the result so far on this poll.

I don't have a problem with you not reading or replying to any of my posts, as you have said any questions you have asked I have given very honest answer's, when you have a go at the rangers I just give my view from a rangers fans point of view, there will always be disagreements between myself and hibs fans we see things different (from our own teams perspective) but even fans don't agree on everything hibs relaterd.

IMO That is the joy of football and why I love it so much.

If you put your point in the OP then the people whom think you're a bell end might not have thought you were posting a poll that was going to go one way.

You could have also left the players out of the poll and Algeria may have got more votes.

No one gives a **** about Bougherra.

Personally, I don't mind you posting here as it offers another view point on some of the stuff. However, a couple of recent threads are just lining yourself up to be shot down.

Wee Scottie Dug
18-01-2010, 10:09 PM

assuming Burkina Faso don't beat Ghana by a better score than IC managed (3-1) of course .... wouldn't be first time you've assumed a football outcome being a currant bun though ...... :devil:

blueisthecolour
18-01-2010, 10:18 PM
What a daft poll - clearly any Hibby would want Bamba and Ivory Coast to do as well as he can in the competition.

The point I was trying to make was would you rather Bamba won a ANC medal and Hibs suffered as a result of him being away, so not so daft if you look at it like that.

If you put your point in the OP then the people whom think you're a bell end might not have thought you were posting a poll which overwhelmingly went to IC.
I agree, I should have pointed out who I wanted to win and the reason why.

You could have also left the players out of the poll and Algeria may have got more votes.

Putting the players in was more to say if IC win rangers benefit if MB coming back early and if Algeria win Hibs benefit with Bamba coming back early, I should have made this clear.

No one gives a **** about Bougherra.

Personally, I don't mind you posting here as it offers another view point on some of the stuff. However, a couple of recent threads are just lining yourself up to be shot down.

KeithTheHibby
18-01-2010, 10:23 PM
The point I was trying to make was would you rather Bamba won a ANC medal and Hibs suffered as a result of him being away, so not so daft if you look at it like that.

Would rather he won a medal.

You need to remember that we actually give ***** about our players representing their country, something your mob of players know hee haw about.

blueisthecolour
18-01-2010, 10:26 PM

You need to remember that we actually give ***** about our players representing their country, something your mob of players know hee haw about.

that's fair enough, but it could cost hibs a european place, I could see the point if it was your own country, just my opinion.

matty_f
18-01-2010, 10:49 PM

:top marks

SonOfDavidFrancey
19-01-2010, 12:15 AM

You are mistaken, Algeria are already out.

Steve20
19-01-2010, 09:05 AM
I wish Bamba all the best, but I want him back in the Hibs team as soon as possible. So, I won't mind either way.

rainman
19-01-2010, 09:09 AM
I'll take whatever gets Bamba back in a Hibs strip quickest.

blueisthecolour
19-01-2010, 04:44 PM
You are mistaken, Algeria are already out.

I think it's you who is mistaken mate, they went through on the head to head result.

Wilson
19-01-2010, 04:48 PM
I'll take whatever gets Bamba back in a Hibs strip quickest.

I'm surprised at the lack of support for Algeria in that sense.

I wonder if they would have had more support if player names weren't in the poll. Is the poll more Bamba versus Bougherra rather than which result is actually best for us?

blueisthecolour
19-01-2010, 05:44 PM

I'm surprised at the lack of support for Algeria in that sense.

I wonder if they would have had more support if player names weren't in the poll. Is the poll more Bamba versus Bougherra rather than which result is actually best for us?

The names are there, I should have put it in the op to remind people that if IC goe through Bamba is away longer and the same for Bougherra, it's the reason I want IC to win.

iwasthere1972
19-01-2010, 06:16 PM
The names are there, I should have put it in the op to remind people that if IC goe through Bamba is away longer and the same for Bougherra, it's the reason I want IC to win.

What I can't get my head around (and it would have saved you all the flack) is why you didn't construct your poll as follows.

Do you want Bamba back early even if it means he misses out on a ANC winners medal.

YES

NO

No need to even mention Bougherra or the nasty huns.

basehibby
19-01-2010, 06:51 PM

Obviously if IC get kO'd we get big Sol back sooner.

However, I think that consideration is outweighed by

a) we all like Sol and want him to win the cup, and

b) If he ends up grabbing a winners medal it will probably add a few zeros to his transfer fee.

Diclonius
21-01-2010, 07:35 PM
have Hibs not went off form a bit since McBride was injured?

Fixed. :wink:

blueisthecolour
22-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Fixed. :wink:

That may be true mate, excuse my ignorance on the lad you mention, Im just going by the many Bamba post before he left for the AN and since then it seem's results have suffered, I put that down to Bamba being away, but if you think it's because of the injury to McBride I can only take your word for that.

poolman
23-01-2010, 12:53 PM

:wtf:

Oh aye, lets cheer on Boogiersa :rolleyes:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
23-01-2010, 01:02 PM
There is really two Africa's: Sub Saharan and The Arab/Berber North. I think Egypt will win the tourney again for the North.

blueisthecolour
24-01-2010, 10:16 PM
going by this poll there is 104 unhappy people:tee hee:

greenlex
24-01-2010, 10:20 PM
going by this poll there is 104 unhappy people:tee hee:
Aye but there are also 6 happy ones.:thumbsup:
FWIW I think this type of s******ing post is the kind that is winding people up and in danger of getting you launched. :wink:
Dont say you weren't warned.

blueisthecolour
24-01-2010, 10:24 PM
Aye but there are also 6 happy ones.:thumbsup:
FWIW I think this type of s******ing post is the kind that is winding people up and in danger of getting you launched. :wink:
Dont say you weren't warned.

I know what you saying but im one of the unhappy one's, just having a wee laugh.

--------
24-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Lighten up guys - I want Bamba back NOW.

We HAVE gone off the boil a bit since McBride was injured and Sol went off to Angola. I want them both back ASAP.

So I wonder who I'll vote for - moot point now, I suppose. :devil: