PDA

View Full Version : Zemmama out for a month

MacBean
18-01-2010, 03:29 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs-star-Zemmama-to-get.5990230.jp

Not necessarily a bad thing given his recent lack of application on the field. He is a classy player however the cold snap seems to have hindered his performances. Gives Nish a great chance at getting back in the team and proving himself to keep a slot in the team.

ShanksSaidNo
18-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Sad but true! Zouma out the team may just be a blessing in disguise! I'd like to see us resort to a 4-4-2 on Saturday against a resilient Hamilton side.

GlesgaeHibby
18-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Sad but true! Zouma out the team may just be a blessing in disguise! I'd like to see us resort to a 4-4-2 on Saturday against a resilient Hamilton side.

:agree:

Smith
McCann Hogg Thicot Murray
Wotherspoon McBride Miller Galbraith
Stokes Nish/Riordan

matty_f
18-01-2010, 03:36 PM

Not necessarily a bad thing given his recent lack of application on the field. He is a classy player however the cold snap seems to have hindered his performances. Gives Nish a great chance at getting back in the team and proving himself to keep a slot in the team.

Maybe the injury was what was making his application get called into question. :dunno:

Quite gutted that he's out for that long, given that a fully fit Zemmama is probably our most creative player.

allmodcons
18-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Surely not feigning injury for a month :rolleyes:

silverhibee
18-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Did hear that Benji picked up an injury at Tannadice as well.

Danny_Hibee
18-01-2010, 03:49 PM

You must be mistaken mate, he just didn't fancy it then faked injury...:cool2:

NoTottiNoParty
18-01-2010, 03:53 PM
biggest pain in the a*se at ER, not interested in playing when it comes to winter! Cant believe he got clapped off on Saturday- i was just bored of him playing up again! He has no heart

Toaods
18-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Surely not feigning injury for a month :rolleyes:

:agree:.........a fair few on here with a bit of egg on their chin.

very surprising(not), picking up a lengthy spell out after being asked to play on in cold, damp and soft conditions when carrying a leg strain.

. well done the physio...:wink:

CapitalHibs
18-01-2010, 03:56 PM
You must be mistaken mate, he just didn't fancy it then faked injury...:cool2:

biggest pain in the a*se at ER, not interested in playing when it comes to winter! Cant believe he got clapped off on Saturday- i was just bored of him playing up again! He has no heart

IMO,these statements come pretty close to being libelous,:tsk tsk:

Sylar
18-01-2010, 04:01 PM
IMO,these statements come pretty close to being libelous,:tsk tsk:

The first is tongue in cheek - very much so.

JimBHibees
18-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Maybe the injury was what was making his application get called into question. :dunno:

Quite gutted that he's out for that long, given that a fully fit Zemmama is probably our most creative player.

:agree: Couldnt agree more incredible some people see it as a plus. He has obviously been carrying an injury which has affected how influential he has been. Seem to remember when we played Rangers it was his brilliant run that set the goal up. We arent well enough off to be happy that one of our best players is injured.

EskbankHibby
18-01-2010, 04:13 PM
From the article it would appear that 1 month out would be the worst case scenario based on results of a scan Zemmamma is due to have.

The nerve problem Yogi refers to can mimic hamstring problems very closely so more an ambiguous injury than Zemmamma being a handbag i would have thought.

He is one of our best players and whilst he hasn't reached the giddy heights of early season neither have the rest of the team. Fingers crossed for a quick return to form and fitness.

Malthibby
18-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Just joining in with the apparent consensus - he has not been anywhere near his best recently, & I certainly would prefer to believe that this has been exacerbated by an injury, rather than a lack of application. At his best he is joyful to watch, so awrabest, wee man.
GG

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2010, 04:29 PM
I would much rather have him fit and not selected rather than not selected because he is unfit. When he has the ball and running at the defence he is near untouchable. Would like to see him further forward winning us free-kicks and penalties though.

Tricla
18-01-2010, 04:34 PM
This post is pish.

matty_f
18-01-2010, 04:43 PM
This post is pish.

AK86
18-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Not glad he is injured, but wont be losing sleep over it. When he was here 1st time around you got maybe 2 performances out of 10 from him.Him and Benji just dont have the desire/mentality for football in the SPL
The door opens for Galbraith Byrne etc:agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 04:50 PM
I blame Gordon Marshall.

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 04:51 PM
I blame Gordon Marshall.

Spot on :agree:

JimBHibees
18-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Not glad he is injured, but wont be losing sleep over it. When he was here 1st time around you got maybe 2 performances out of 10 from him.Him and Benji just dont have the desire/mentality for football in the SPLThe door opens for Galbraith Byrne etc:agree:

Complete crock that. He has been one of our best players this season with some of his performances a joy to watch. He has obviously been carrying an injury for a little while so definite reason for a dip in form. To say he doesnt have the mentality or desire when he has already shown by his performances this season, is nonsense IMO.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2010, 05:00 PM

Agreed :agree:. My thoughts exactly.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2010, 05:01 PM

Are you on drugs ?

SRHibs
18-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Nish has had enough chances to prove himself. He's absolutely pish tbh.
I'd like to see his attempts on goal to goals ratio as I reckon it's one of the worst in the SPL.

AK86
18-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Complete crock that. He has been one of our best players this season with some of his performances a joy to watch. He has obviously been carrying an injury for a little while so definite reason for a dip in form. To say he doesnt have the mentality or desire when he has already shown by his performances this season, is nonsense IMO.

If he has been carrying an injury then he shouldnt be playing
I dont deny he can be a joy to watch, it just dosent happen enough .He is a luxury we can do without for a while imo

db03
18-01-2010, 05:29 PM

Smith
McCann Hogg Thicot Murray
Stokes Nish/Riordan

I would go with

Smith
Thicot Hogg Murray Hanlon
Stokes Riordan

when we get Bamba back from African nations I would swap Hogg with Thicot (RB) and put Bamba in place of Hogg (at CH).

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 05:31 PM
I would go with

Smith
Stokes Riordan

when we get Bamba back from African nations I would swap Hogg with Thicot and put Bamba in place of Hogg.

Id have Mcann at RB Ian Murray at LB with Thicot in with Hogg as CB's.

ID gladly go with the rest of your team tho :agree:

db03
18-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Id have Mcann at RB Ian Murray at LB with Thicot in with Hogg as CB's.

ID gladly go with the rest of your team tho :agree:
I take it McCann is fit now?

Danny_Hibee
18-01-2010, 05:51 PM
I take it McCann is fit now?

He was on the bench on saturday, would be surprised if he would be able to handle a full 90 minutes right away though

sahib
18-01-2010, 06:03 PM

Totally disagree.

sahib
18-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Agreed :agree:. My thoughts exactly.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 06:17 PM

:agree: Almost literally.

NoTottiNoParty
18-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Are you on drugs ?

How?
i'm not saying hes a bad player- just dont think he has the heart for it!
been here 4 years, 3 seasons with the season he was on loan
if we take the winter months as november-february (the worst of the weather over the season)
1st season, out for two months injured.. in JANUARY and FEBRUARY
this season out for a month in NOVEMBER and JANUARY/FEBRUARY
the other season he was injured for a game every month in november, december, january and february.

I just find it weird that most of his injuries come at this time???

and besides that- when he has been playing in winter, what has he actually done?? hes not interested in playing when the weather gets too cold imo!

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 06:32 PM
and besides that- when he has been playing in winter, what has he actually done?? hes not interested in playing when the weather gets too cold imo!

He was brilliant in this game (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6201967.stm)...

And bang in the middle of winter.

hibsbollah
18-01-2010, 06:41 PM
How?
i'm not saying hes a bad player- just dont think he has the heart for it!
been here 4 years, 3 seasons with the season he was on loan
if we take the winter months as november-february (the worst of the weather over the season)
1st season, out for two months injured.. in JANUARY and FEBRUARY
this season out for a month in NOVEMBER and JANUARY/FEBRUARY
the other season he was injured for a game every month in november, december, january and february.

I just find it weird that most of his injuries come at this time???

As has been pointed out loads of times, some of his and Benjis best performances have been in the cold. His hamstrings go in the winter because erm...thats when hamstrings tend to go:rolleyes:

He's also one of the hardest workers in the team when fit, so i really dont know where you're coming from.

hibsbollah
18-01-2010, 06:41 PM
He was brilliant in this game (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/6201967.stm)...

And bang in the middle of winter.

What a performance that was:top marks

NoTottiNoParty
18-01-2010, 06:46 PM
As has been pointed out loads of times, some of his and Benjis best performances have been in the cold. His hamstrings go in the winter because erm...thats when hamstrings tend to go:rolleyes:

He's also one of the hardest workers in the team when fit, so i really dont know where you're coming from.

when like?
one game against a struggling st mirren side in 3 years? should we not be looking for more from him?

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I would go with

Smith
Stokes Riordan

when we get Bamba back from African nations I would swap Hogg with Thicot and put Bamba in place of Hogg.

Agreed. Lets do it. Whoops...

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 06:49 PM
when like?
one game against a struggling st mirren side in 3 years? should we not be looking for more from him?

How many examples do you need? You said he's "not interested in the winter" there's already one example on here to prove your statement wrong.

NoTottiNoParty
18-01-2010, 06:53 PM
How many examples do you need? You said he's "not interested in the winter" there's already one example on here to prove your statement wrong.

as many as you can give me- i may take back my statement!
but one great game in winter in the 3 seasons he has been with us, doesnt convince me that he is that interested when it comes to playing in colder weather

sixtwo
18-01-2010, 06:54 PM
It's a shame the wee man is out. It's gonna be a long four weeks but it will be like we have a couple of new signings when Zamamma and Bamba get back:thumbsup:

Hopefully, his bad luck will be another players good luck and they will grasp their opportunity with both hands. A lot of us have been wanting to see Wotherspoon deployed at right midfield. This could be the young mans chance to shine!

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 06:56 PM
as many as you can give me- i may take back my statement!
but one great game in winter in the 3 seasons he has been with us, doesnt convince me that he is that interested when it comes to playing in colder weather

I don't think there's any point - you've made your mind up. My experience of folk on here tells me there's no point discussing anthing with folk like that.

CapitalHibs
18-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Think this was in October. Does that count?:greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWf3W_m9ueY&feature=PlayList&p=1F1020B329A84504&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6

NoTottiNoParty
18-01-2010, 07:13 PM
I don't think there's any point - you've made your mind up. My experience of folk on here tells me there's no point discussing anthing with folk like that.

basically you cant find enough games/points to prove me wrong and instead label me as someone who cant swallow their pride and admit when i'm wrong?

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 07:28 PM
basically you cant find enough games/points to prove me wrong and instead label me as someone who cant swallow their pride and admit when i'm wrong?

If that suits you.

The one I remembered of the top of my head without going through all the games he played wasn't good enough for you and you didn't want to specify a number that would satisfy you, presumably so you weren't proved wrong again.

hibsbollah
18-01-2010, 07:35 PM
when like?

My refusal to trawl past Hibs match reports for 25 minutes could be due to two reasons;

1. I have lost the argument, you are right, he's never played well when the weather is cold and Zemmama fakes injury as a result.

2. You're really not worth the effort because you dont have a clue.

Enjoy your evening:agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Let me start by saying i think Zemamma is a cracking player, and when fit and playing well, is up there with the best in the SPL. But, and there always seems to be a but when talking about Hibs. He and the other Morrocan Benji, have not given us value for money. Both have been at the club for nearly 4 years now, both missed a lot through injury, both missed games through ramadan, and both have had loan deals away from the club. Its put me off us getting other players from that part of the world, call me racist if you want, but i just dont think we get value for money in that market.

The_Sauz
18-01-2010, 07:44 PM
when like?

Benji did ok in a game with the same sore at hampden...in the snow or were you in your bed :yawn:

NoTottiNoParty
18-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Benji did ok in a game with the same sore at hampden...in the snow or were you in your bed :yawn:

sorry- i thought i was talking about Zemmama?

Still dont see a reasonable discussion as to why i'm wrong?

responses like

'this post is pish' followed by':agree:'
'are you on drugs?'
'totally disagree'
'theres no point- you've already made your mind up'
'You're really not worth the effort because you dont have a clue'

are hardly convincing me i'm wrong i'm afraid!

Danny_Hibee
18-01-2010, 08:49 PM
sorry- i thought i was talking about Zemmama?

Still dont see a reasonable discussion as to why i'm wrong?

responses like

'this post is pish' followed by':agree:'
'are you on drugs?'
'totally disagree'
'theres no point- you've already made your mind up'
'You're really not worth the effort because you dont have a clue'

are hardly convincing me i'm wrong i'm afraid!

You're asking people to prove games off the top of their head where he has played well in the winter but dont seem to be picking any examples of games where he was crap. As you pointed out he has missed a lot of games in the winter months so of course there wont be a great deal of stand out performances since he will have missed a fair few games or will have just been returning from injury.

greenlex
18-01-2010, 09:30 PM
From the article it would appear that 1 month out would be the worst case scenario based on results of a scan Zemmamma is due to have.

The nerve problem Yogi refers to can mimic hamstring problems very closely so more an ambiguous injury than Zemmamma being a handbag i would have thought.

He is one of our best players and whilst he hasn't reached the giddy heights of early season neither have the rest of the team. Fingers crossed for a quick return to form and fitness.

how can a length of time be calculated on the basis of a scan result he hasn't had yet?

Just curious likes.

Toaods
18-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Let me start by saying i think Zemamma is a cracking player, and when fit and playing well, is up there with the best in the SPL. But, and there always seems to be a but when talking about Hibs. He and the other Morrocan Benji, have not given us value for money. Both have been at the club for nearly 4 years now, both missed a lot through injury, both missed games through ramadan, and both have had loan deals away from the club. Its put me off us getting other players from that part of the world, call me racist if you want, but i just dont think we get value for money in that market.

Racist.......:grr:

....hope we haven't missed out on the 'Moroccan Mcgeady fae Marrkech' because of you.

:greengrin

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 09:40 PM

....hope we haven't missed out on the 'Moroccan Mcgeady fae Marrkech' because of you.

Glad im no racist, ive got a coloured telly.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 09:45 PM

I knew it would be someone.:wink: Unless we get a decent fee for Zemamma, do you think its been worthwhile getting those two players? I suppose Benji's two goals in the cup final could warrant it?:confused:

Toaods
18-01-2010, 09:51 PM
I knew it would be someone.:wink: Unless we get a decent fee for Zemamma, do you think its been worthwhile getting those two players? I suppose Benji's two goals in the cup final could warrant it?:confused:

they cost us less as a pair than Nish or Rankin did IIRC.

ever since Isaak Refvik, I've had time for the foreign player, if they have skill. Both this pair have skill and have provided some great moments. If they both leave for nothing, I'd be disappointed we didn't make more of what they could have given us. Think I blame Collins for being too Ramadan-friendly and interrupting the improvement in Benji.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
18-01-2010, 09:52 PM
We'll miss him if he's out for four weeks as we don't have another player who can come in and do a similar job. I'd still like us to get Jim O'Brien. Good players with ability and pace don't grow on trees.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 09:54 PM

ever since Isaak Refvik, I've had time for the foreign player, if they have skill. Both this pair have skill and have provided some great moments. If they both leave for nothing, I'd be disappointed we didn't make more of what they could have given us. Think I blame Collins for being too Ramadan-friendly and interrupting the improvement in Benji.

Ah wee Isaac, was his first game a midweek match against Morton? And did he not score 2 or 3 that night? PS i blame collins for a lot, so i may as well agree with you on Benji.:wink:

Toaods
18-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Glad im no racist, ive got a coloured telly.

http://www.tellysavalas.com/index.php

Malthibby
18-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Agree with Toaods here - the wee man has lit up more games than anyone else since he came (& of course i wish there had been more) & as our man from Blackpool concedes, Benji's cup double must come close to balancing the many months of nowt.
A wee sprinkle of stardust to light up the gloom, that's what our Moroccan friends have provided.
GG

EskbankHibby
18-01-2010, 10:24 PM
how can a length of time be calculated on the basis of a scan result he hasn't had yet?

Just curious likes.

The OP and thread title suggest that the wee man is out for a month.

The article implies that this would be the worst outcome from the scan, a scan he is yet to have. Might be better news than the 1 month suggested.

BEEJ
18-01-2010, 10:36 PM
I think that when the dust finally settled on the long protracted Zemmama transfer wrangling, he alone ended up costing the club as much as the Nish / Rankin combo subsequently did (if not slightly more).

Worth every penny, of course! :greengrin

Toaods
18-01-2010, 10:48 PM
I think that when the dust finally settled on the long protracted Zemmama transfer wrangling, he alone ended up costing the club as much as the Nish / Rankin combo subsequently did (if not slightly more).

Worth every penny, of course! :greengrin

Should we also deduct the cost of his wages from his spell in UAE when the club let him go out on loan to be with his wife. IIRC, he earned more wages there than we were giving him but he still came back.

I can't understand people giving wizards like him stick when the pitches here are so crap. Wait until the closing phases of the season when the pitches are springy and the weather gets hotter- he'll take some stopping.

Man of the Match in the Scottish Cup Final..........you read it here first...:cool2:

EskbankHibby
19-01-2010, 11:07 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/zemmama-through-the-pain-barrier-20100119_2262950_1936945

Andy74
19-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Seems like it's not as bad as feared and he could be fit for the weekend.

It was be nice to get the wee guy back to the form he showed early season.

RoxburghHibs
19-01-2010, 11:33 AM
Seems like it's not as bad as feared and he could be fit for the weekend.

It was be nice to get the wee guy back to the form he showed early season.

Where are you getting that info from Andy?

Andy74
19-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Where are you getting that info from Andy?

It'll be in the Evening News! Looks like it's a back issue which is telling his hamstring it's going to go when it's not. Could just need the back loosening.

poolman
19-01-2010, 12:03 PM
http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hibs39-Zemmama-set-to-be.5993201.jp

hibsbollah
19-01-2010, 12:10 PM

HIBS boss John Hughes today revealed he's '90 per cent certain' that midfielder Merouane Zemmama has not suffered serious injury and could even be in the frame to face Hamilton this weekend:thumbsup:

lapsedhibee
19-01-2010, 12:14 PM

JH is such a euphemiser: "buttock area" :greengrin

Caversham Green
19-01-2010, 12:25 PM
JH is such a euphemiser: "buttock area" :greengrin

Looks like you're right after all. :greengrin

GreenCastle
19-01-2010, 12:37 PM
If true - good news he will be fit and not out for months.

Ok he's not been in great form the past month BUT he still has great skill and an eye for a pass.

He has also set up over half of Stokes goals!!

So bench maybe - but selling him etc ? What are people on :confused:

3pm
19-01-2010, 12:52 PM

Agree 100%. Under achieved in a Hibs shirt. Great player.....when he fancies it. Same with Benji.

MSK
19-01-2010, 06:27 PM
Zemmama should be fit for Sat ..news is that it is a damaged nerve in his lower back & not a damaged hamstring ..(courtesy of STV news) :thumbsup: