PDA

View Full Version : Broncos @ 49ers - Wembley

Haymaker
18-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Anyone going to try get tickets? Im gonna go despite being a Pats fan, got a few mates who are Broncos fans so should be good for them.

JE89
20-01-2010, 11:07 AM
Be a hard one to get tickets but would be awesome.

I don't follow NFL religiously but catch the odd game. Though I want a team to support and since New England is the only part of America I have been I immediately thought the Pats but it seems that they are the Man U of the NFL. Tempted to do the Soccer AM thing and stick all names in a hat and choose and that'll be my team :greengrin

Haymaker
01-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Got myself 4 tickets, anyone else?

Sylar
01-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Got myself 4 tickets, anyone else?

Nah, not going to bother this year.

Very uninspired by the team selections, and it's an expensive gig to attend with very little interest.

Haymaker
01-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Nah, not going to bother this year.

Very uninspired by the team selections, and it's an expensive gig to attend with very little interest.

Fair enough, Im going with some Broncos fans so should be a good time.

Ghaax
05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Got 6 tickets again for our annual Wembley pilgrimage.

Was in the Tampa news website last year and on San Diego local TV the year before so have a tradition to keep up. 4 rather large guys in kilts, american football tops and stupid hats tends to get you noticed. had ma photo taken well over 50 times last year at the tailgate cos I was a Pats fan.

Thought twice about going this year (cos o the teams involved) but we had such a great trip last year we just had to go again! :thumbsup:

Check out the Metropolitan Bar right outside the Baker St tube on the Saturday night. We met loads of Dutch, German, Aussies, plenty Yanks and even a few Brits in there last year. Huge bar so plenty room and it's a Wotherspoons so affordable (although you get what you pay for).:agree::agree:

Ghaax
05-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Though I want a team to support and since New England is the only part of America I have been I immediately thought the Pats but it seems that they are the Man U of the NFL.

Not really - if you want to make a comparison I suppose they are more like Chelsea (exept they don't have gits like Terry, Cole, Drogba, Cole that you just want to smack in the pus!). They were an average team at best that now has an owner with money and have done well in the past decade. They will fade a bit now - lost too much D experience.

If anyone is Man U then maybe Dallas? So called "America's Team" and despised by most others. There's also a fair bit of loathing for the likes of the Giants and a few other teams you wouldn't want to support if you are neutral.

If you have been to New England and have no connections to any other NFL team then the Pats it should be. Alternatively do you want a blue collar team (like Pittsburgh or Philly), a small town team (such as Green Bay) or just plain losers (Detroit). Finally you could always plump for one where there is chances of a few points being racked up - check out New Orleans or Indianapolis!!:greengrin