PDA

View Full Version : Team For Hamilton On Saturday?

GreenArmyyy!
18-01-2010, 12:04 PM
personally i think we need more width in the team so i would suggest 3-5-2 as was played in the second half at tannadump and seemed to work fairly well, Smith, DEF: Thicot, Murray, Hogg MID: Wotherspoon, Miller, Mcbride,Zouma (if fit), Galbraith. ATT: Stokes, Benji. Thought that benji gave us a new dimension and played very well when he was given his chance on saturday, so i think deek needs some time on the bench because i cant remember when he last put in a decent performance. GGTTH :notworthy:

ahibby
18-01-2010, 12:14 PM
That seems to be as good an idea as any so why not. I don't think Zouma will be risked so a midfield of Miller, McBride and Rankin seems to be on (I'm not saying that is the best thing to do but could well be what Yogi will go for). Up front is harder to call but if the team isn't performing then we need grafters and Stokes for me would have to start. Riordan is a greater goal threat than Nish and Benji and for that reason alone would have to start. As far as subs are concerned we really need to cover McBride just in case and I guess Cregg would be on the bench to do that. Late on if we haven't made in roads and stayed injury free then Benji and Nish on for Riordan and Stokes.

Ritchie
18-01-2010, 12:44 PM
4-4-2

smith

thicot murray hogg hanlon

wotherspoon miller mcbride galbraith

deek stokes

spudhib
18-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Smith

McCann Hogg Thicot Murray

Wotherspoon McBride Miller

Benji

Stokes Riordan

hibbie02
18-01-2010, 12:58 PM
4-4-2

smith

deek stokes

That would be interesting to see. :agree:

nickwhibs
18-01-2010, 01:42 PM
4-4-2

smith

deek stokes

I like the look of that! Maybe put murray back at LB and try Hanlon on at CB.

Sylar
18-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Smith

Thicot
Yogi
Murray

McBride
Ricey
Rodders
Miller
Hanlon

Stokes
Maka

-------------------------------

Smith

Wotherspoon
Thicot
Hogg
Murray
Hanlon

Miller
McBride
Galbraith

Riordan
Stokes

hfc rd
18-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Smith

Thicot
Hogg
Hanlon

Murray

Wotherspoon
Miller
McBride
Gailbraith

Stokes
Riordan

Subs

Stack ( if not fit, then Flynn)
McCormack
Stevenson
Cregg
Zemamma ( if not fit, then Byrne)
Nish
Benji

Hainan Hibs
18-01-2010, 02:13 PM
.....................Smith
..........Thicot...Hogg....Hanlon
Wotherspoon........................Murray
.........McBride...Miller...Stevenson
................Stokes....Benji

Subs

Maka
McCormack
Galbraith
Cregg
Riordan
Nish
Zemmama (if not fit then Bryne)

MyJo
18-01-2010, 02:18 PM
________________Smith

_______Thicot____Hogg_____Murray

Spoony_________McBride_________Hanlon

________Zouma__________Miller

____________________________Riordan
_______________Stokes

Pretty Boy
18-01-2010, 02:27 PM
......................Smith....................... ...

McCormick.....Thicot....Hogg......Murray

Wotherspoon...McBride....Miller.....Galbraith

...........Stokes.......Riordan.........

I'd go with this 442 means we have the numbers to compete in midfield.

Smith stays in goals because he has been very good since he signed, McCormick at RB with Thicot in the middle, although Thicot slotted in on the right of a back 3 on Saturday he was still very much playing as a CB and i think given a run there he will do ok, McCormick is solid if unspectacular at RB. Murray back to LB as i'm not totally convinced Hanlon is ready for the 1st team every week yet. Wotherspoon back into RM with McBride coming into the centre if fit enough, Galbraith getting a chance at LM with Riordan pushing up front to see if this improves his performance any, Stokes has scored a lot lately and his work rate is much improved so he stays up there with Riordan.

Subs would be

Makalambay
Hanlon
Rankin
Benji
Cregg
Nish
Zemamma

Byrne or McCann coming onto the bence if Zemamma is injured.

Rory89
18-01-2010, 02:33 PM
4-4-2

smith

deek stokes

My thoughts exactly, wasn't the last time those 2 played as a partnership when Stokes scored 2 and Riordan 1 against St Johnstone?

Anyway, people were saying last week that the DU game was the biggest game of the season so far, but for me this game is so crucial for us. We've had tough fixtures and if we can win on Saturday and hopefully play well than we should be able to write that off as a bad patch.

Drop points on Saturday and with Parkhead next we're looking at realistically going 5 matches without a win since our undefeated run, with only a pathetic win against a pub team thrown in.

That for me would be baloon = burst, we must beat Accies.

Diclonius
18-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Smith

Thicot Hogg Hanlon Murray

Wotherspoon Miller McBride Zemmama

Stokes Riordan

hibee-shtuggie
18-01-2010, 02:52 PM
......................smith.......................

mccormack hogg murray hanlon

.............mcbride miller cregg............

.......................zemmama................

..................stokes riordan............

Andy74
18-01-2010, 03:10 PM
The young centre halfs at full backs are part of our big problem just now so out they go. I'm assuming Zemmama is out.

Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Thicot
Murray

Cregg
McBride
Miller
Riordan

Stokes
Benji

allmodcons
18-01-2010, 03:36 PM
4-4-2

smith

deek stokes

Looks like a good side, but I doubt if McBride will be passed as fully fit and, if recent selections are anything to go by, no way will Yogi start Galbraith.

Wotherspiniesta
18-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Smith

Hogg..Thicot..Hanlon

Wotherspoon..McBride..Miller..Murray

Byrne.......Riordan

Stokes

db03
18-01-2010, 06:39 PM
4-4-2

smith

deek stokes

Thats the team I said on another post before i read this. :agree:

also said when we get Bamba back from African nations, I would swap him with Hogg and swap Hogg with Thicot

GlesgaeHibby
18-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Smith
McCann Hogg Thicot Murray
Wotherspoon Miller McBride Galbraith
Stokes Nish/Riordan

Thicot deserves a chance at CH as Hanlon has been poor at LB. Move Murray back to left back where he has been excellent this season.

Wotherspoon will give McCann plenty protection down the right hand side, and can cause some damage up top with decent crosses/shots.

Galbraith in for some natural width on the left for a change. He deserves a shot, he's always looked decent in what little time he's had on the pitch so far.

Speedway
20-01-2010, 02:16 PM
I'd go:

Smith

Wotherspoon
Hogg
Thicot
Murray

Zambernardi
McBride
Miller
Rankin

Stokes
Riordan

RIP
20-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Galbraith is still a laddie with the build of a sparrow.

However we are starved of pace on the left so maybe Galbriath on for Deeks when Riordan starts to tire?

mim
20-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Hamilton often play with three at the back, six in midfield and MAC up front on his own to hold the ball up.

Although we have to compete in midfield, I think we should go 3-4-3 against them.

The best way of playing against 3 at the back is to have 3 strikers (which Hamilton don't have). This immediately disrupts the opposition set up, as they can't risk going one on one with the 3 forwards.

Our two wide midfield men should be Spoony and Murray to make sure their wide players are ineffective.

so, my team would be:

Smith
Thicot Hogg Hanlon
Spoony Miller (McBride or Rankin) Murray
Stokes Nish Riordan

wanderer11
20-01-2010, 03:10 PM
smith

spoony hoggy murray hanlon

millier mcbride rankin

galbraith stokes deeks

Elephant Stone
20-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Smith

Thicot Hogg Murray

Wotherspoon Miller Mcbride Cregg Galbraith

Stokes Riordan

JimBHibees
20-01-2010, 03:22 PM
Smith

Thicot Hogg Murray Hanlon

Wotherspoon Miller McBride Deek

Stokes Nish

maturehibby
20-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Should we not be augmenting the squad with a loan of a couple of the Edinburgh rugby squad to counteract what will be thrown at us on Saturday

stubru59
20-01-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't know what the team will be on Saturday. But I do know this, if anything less than eleven turn up, we will struggle.

Burghibs
20-01-2010, 05:18 PM
smith

thicot hogg hanlon murray

stokes benji

Billychaotic182
20-01-2010, 05:25 PM
......................Smith....................... ...

McCormick.....Thicot....Hogg......Murray

Wotherspoon...McBride....Miller.....Galbraith

...........Stokes.......Riordan.........

Thats my team!

Tollhouse Hibee
21-01-2010, 02:41 PM
4-4-2

smith

deek stokes

not a bad shout./ i would swap deek wi nish for physical side of it

Oranje39
21-01-2010, 04:25 PM
________________Smith

_______Thicot____Hogg_____Hanlon

Spoony_________McBride_________Murray

________Zouma/Rankin__________Miller

________________Benji

_______________Stokes

Jones28
21-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Smith

Wotherspoon Mcbride Miller Zemmama

Stokes Riordan

Westie1875
21-01-2010, 10:18 PM
--------------------Smith---------------------

--------Thicot-------Hogg------Hanlon--------

Spoony----Miller----McBride----Rankin----Murray

--------------Stokes------Deek----------------

500miles
22-01-2010, 05:36 PM
................................Smith
..............Thicot..........Hogg.........Hanlon
..Wotherspoon..................................... Galbraith
.................McBride......Miller.......Murray
.......................Nish................Stokes

I would really like to get Murray pushed into midfield at the moment. Pitches aren't at thier best, and we could really use a bit of stature in there, and he knows how to get forward at the same time. Galbraith played wing back during the preseason, and his pace could be the outball from defence that could be so effective. Wotherspoon can also do this.

This means however, that Hanlon is left at the centre of defence, which worries me with big Curier the threat. Curier might just put a hand out to feel for him, and use Hanlon to turn, and get inside.

Nish comes in at the expense of Riordan, due to poor performances from Derek, and the need for a bit of stregnth and height. I also think that Stokes is more effective hovering around the big man. Nish might not win all his headers, but he can at least force the second ball - which with Murray in midfield, and Stokes buzzing around, are winnable.

I'm not a fan of 3/5 at the back, it requires real organisation, but I think Yogi might fancy a change of pace to get us going again.

CapitalHibs
22-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I see a lot of people are putting Thicot in as a right back in a 4-4-2. I swear I read that Yogi had asked Thicot against DU if he was comfortable playing as a right back and Thicot said no. Hence; why we ended up playing three at the back.

18Craig75
22-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Smith

McBride

Wotherspoon Miller Stevenson

Deeks Stokes

Thicot in for Zemamma. He done well last week when he came on so takes a jersey, Wotherspoon gets pushed forward where he will flourish. McBride for Rankin. Rankin hasn't been too bad over the past few weeks - certainly not as bad as some would have you believe - but McBride is just too important for the team to leave out. Stevenson for Cregg to give us some width, we know what we will get from Lewis, a hard working performance and he will be eager to please Yogi. I was critical of Riordan's performance last week (although his poor performances prior to this also contributed to that criticism) so as people have been shouting for, and I'm sure Deek also wants, he goes up top. If he isn't better than he has been, then there's no more excuses for him, come on Deeko, get back to playing how we all know you can :thumbsup:.

We haven't been playing to well recently, and obviously the results have reflected that. However, our past 4 games have all been tough fixtures for different reasons, so lets not forget our run of good form prior to these games. This game is 100% win-able and I'm feeling pretty confident the boys won't let us down this week!

Just to add, i haven't started Galbraith because I feel Stevenson is a safer bet, although I wouldn't be too disappointed to see him start!

3-0 Hibs :notworthy: