PDA

View Full Version : Yogi in the Record

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 09:28 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/01/17/ref-steven-conroy-and-his-assistants-had-a-bad-day-says-hibs-boss-john-hughes-86908-21974298/

What match was Yogi watching! I hate comments like this

'I've seen us pass and move it better but I can't fault them for effort and commitment. It wasn't a penalty - it was a good yard outside. That's disappointing from Stevie and for the goal the boy was half a yard offside but that's a linesman's call."

I thought that the effort and commitment was terrible. There wasnt much dig in there, players shirked tackles and their commitment to pass the ball was mince. I really hope that Yogi isnt going to fall into the same comments Mixu did after bad performances. Yogi, we played terrible, effort and commitment wasnt there by certain players and we just were not good enough, whether it be the players not doing as they are told or poor tactics, we didnt have a shape about us!

Hibbyradge
18-01-2010, 09:38 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/01/17/ref-steven-conroy-and-his-assistants-had-a-bad-day-says-hibs-boss-john-hughes-86908-21974298/

What match was Yogi watching! I hate comments like this

'I've seen us pass and move it better but I can't fault them for effort and commitment. It wasn't a penalty - it was a good yard outside. That's disappointing from Stevie and for the goal the boy was half a yard offside but that's a linesman's call."

I thought that the effort and commitment was terrible. There wasnt much dig in there, players shirked tackles and their commitment to pass the ball was mince. I really hope that Yogi isnt going to fall into the same comments Mixu did after bad performances. Yogi, we played terrible, effort and commitment wasnt there by certain players and we just were not good enough, whether it be the players not doing as they are told or poor tactics, we didnt have a shape about us!

I don't understand what you mean by "their commitment to pass the ball was terrible".

Their passing was indeed, terribe, but it wasn't for the lack of trying.

I just think the movement up front was woeful. In the first half, there were no options for our midfield to get the ball forward so inevitably we gave it away.

It was better in the second half when we were more offensive.

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 09:42 AM
I don't understand what you mean by "their commitment to pass the ball was terrible".

I just think the movement up front was woeful. In the first half, there were no options for our midfield to get the ball forward so inevitably we gave it away.

Probably good have been typed better. I was getting at their decisions in passing, I seen time and time again a player free but instead we just went for the lazy option in getting it forward as quickly as possible at time. I just thought the commitment overall wasnt there and and it showed in lazy passes, bad passes and bad decisions.

matty_f
18-01-2010, 09:42 AM

:agree:

I think the way we set up first half had more to do with the lack of passing options than anything. As you say, when Yogi changed it things improved.

aberhibsfc
18-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Tricky one this, coming out in the press to berate a performance ala Mowbray can smack of desperation, destructive and general. Not sure it's the best man management tactic to employ.

What Yogi says to the press and what is discussed in the dressing room will likely be very different. He will be employing his knowledge of the players and manage them constructively best as he sees fit.

Given the early highs of Hughes tenure we have forgotten how poor the side and performances were previously. We are a work in progress, we have had some highs and lows. Yeah we need to get some more players in eg a defender or two. We seem to have secured a decent GK in Smith.

As a Hibby I want us to win everything so I understand the disappointment to losing to that crowd.

Getting back into perspective, we have the financial basis, squad and manager that we can build upon. Not finished article yet but building and aspiring to get there.

I hate ranting because I usually start with a valid point and lose track ala Savage.

Sandy
18-01-2010, 10:09 AM
Tricky one this, coming out in the press to berate a performance ala Mowbray can smack of desperation, destructive and general. Not sure it's the best man management tactic to employ.

What Yogi says to the press and what is discussed in the dressing room will likely be very different. He will be employing his knowledge of the players and manage them constructively best as he sees fit.

Given the early highs of Hughes tenure we have forgotten how poor the side and performances were previously. We are a work in progress, we have had some highs and lows. Yeah we need to get some more players in eg a defender or two. We seem to have secured a decent GK in Smith.

As a Hibby I want us to win everything so I understand the disappointment to losing to that crowd.

Getting back into perspective, we have the financial basis, squad and manager that we can build upon. Not finished article yet but building and aspiring to get there.

I hate ranting because I usually start with a valid point and lose track ala Savage.

Totally agree, what would be the point of Yogi saying "aye we were crap" to the press :confused: He will have said something quite different in the dressing room and subsequently on the training field.

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 10:32 AM

Who is talking about berating the players? What he is saying is that we were OK and that the commitment and effort was there. I think that we never. yogi came out and said we werent good enough earlier in the season and we went on a long unbeaten run. He was putting blame on the ref etc when the reality is that we were not good enough. Singling out players is one thing but to say the team wasnt good enough, there is nothing wrong with that. If Yogi came out and said we were terrible then he should be saying nothing more than the team should know already! If it shocks a player and comes as a surprise to them then they shouldnt be at the club as that performance coupled with the previous ones isnt good enough.

When managers come out with these things and completely overlook how the team played it makes us look silly! Footballers should be able to cope with a manager coming out in the press and saying a performance isnt good enough.

Performances are public things, there is a league table to prove it and a list of results. A manager simply pointing out that a lack of points gained recently is down to poor performances isnt berating players. It is strange that some fans think that it is OK for a manager to know that the team played badly but to come out and actually say that the performances were bad is a hanging offence! Come on the team have been playing badly, we know it, other teams know, the press know it so why cant the manager say it?

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Is this the same ref that Yogi sang the praises of earlier in the season then realised he might have gone a bit OTT? Made a rod for his own back there and he realised it.

jabis
18-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Who is talking about berating the players? What he is saying is that we were OK and that the commitment and effort was there. I think that we never. yogi came out and said we werent good enough earlier in the season and we went on a long unbeaten run. He was putting blame on the ref etc when the reality is that we were not good enough. Singling out players is one thing but to say the team wasnt good enough, there is nothing wrong with that. If Yogi came out and said we were terrible then he should be saying nothing more than the team should know already! If it shocks a player and comes as a surprise to them then they shouldnt be at the club as that performance coupled with the previous ones isnt good enough.

When managers come out with these things and completely overlook how the team played it makes us look silly! Footballers should be able to cope with a manager coming out in the press and saying a performance isnt good enough.

Performances are public things, there is a league table to prove it and a list of results. A manager simply pointing out that a lack of points gained recently is down to poor performances isnt berating players. It is strange that some fans think that it is OK for a manager to know that the team played badly but to come out and actually say that the performances were bad is a hanging offence! Come on the team have been playing badly, we know it, other teams know, the press know it so why cant the manager say it?

speak for yourself,and stop acting like a spokesperson for the REAL fans.:devil:

Love the Green
18-01-2010, 12:27 PM

Please note the highlighted section above...
That crowd as you indicate were organised. had a system where each player knew their role, had passing ability, alertness all over the park and most of all pace in the final 3rd where it hurts othet teams......they were miles better than us and surely thay are not paying more wages than us..we have twicw the revenue insome of them.
I am aware we are still building but apart from Smith and maybe Stokes can you hoestly tell me other incoming players and the return of others is a step in the right direction....Once again at my daughter and myself's birthday the team we both love spoil the whole weekend...
Over paid under achievers

"keep the faith":wink:

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 12:46 PM
speak for yourself,and stop acting like a spokesperson for the REAL fans.:devil:

Eh?

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 12:51 PM
That crowd as you indicate were organised. had a system where each player knew their role, had passing ability, alertness all over the park and most of all pace in the final 3rd where it hurts othet teams......they were miles better than us and surely thay are not paying more wages than us..we have twicw the revenue insome of them.
I am aware we are still building but apart from Smith and maybe Stokes can you hoestly tell me other incoming players and the return of others is a step in the right direction....Once again at my daughter and myself's birthday the team we both love spoil the whole weekend...

Yes i can. Those players had us 3rd in the league. Very difficult to beat, and were winning games we might have lost or drawn in the previous years.

IWasThere2016
18-01-2010, 12:52 PM
:agree:

I think the way we set up first half had more to do with the lack of passing options than anything. As you say, when Yogi changed it things improved.

We still lost M - and without really getting close to winning IMHO.

We were too often on top. I left totally frustrated and very disappointed tbh .. not just at defeat but at the poor fair, and effort at times. I cannot see how Yogi can be pleased with the effort.

matty_f
18-01-2010, 01:40 PM
We still lost M - and without really getting close to winning IMHO.

We were too often on top. I left totally frustrated and very disappointed tbh .. not just at defeat but at the poor fair, and effort at times. I cannot see how Yogi can be pleased with the effort.

What I was saying was that I didn't think we lost because of the effort of the players. I thought they all tried but the way the team was set up was what caused us the most problems.

IWasThere2016
18-01-2010, 01:41 PM
What I was saying was that I didn't think we lost because of the effort of the players. I thought they all tried but the way the team was set up was what caused us the most problems.

Agreed. Will PM you also :wink:

matty_f
18-01-2010, 01:42 PM
Agreed. Will PM you also :wink:

:aok:

The_Horde
18-01-2010, 02:09 PM

That is just it though, UTD have just had a very successful manager leave them for pastures new, and he has had a fair few years to build them a really good, well organised team who all want to fight for each other but also have some class players who can control matches.

We still have our weaknesses. Whether it is some players are just not good enough, attitude not being there, strength in depth, still blooding youngsters..

Could you point out a weakness in that UTD team on Saturday?

We are a work in progress, and we're still not doing too badly.

In Yogi i feel we have a man who has a great vision for the club and will bust a gut to see this vision come to fruition, so i can put up with a few frustrating performances because i know we are heading in the right direction.

jabis
18-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Eh?

you state we are playing cr@p,then say WE (I highlited it in your post) know it.

For your imformation, "I" think we are not yet playing to our full potential.
Totally different to what you assume "I" think.

Hope that clears it up !

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 05:18 PM
you state we are playing cr@p,then say WE (I highlited it in your post) know it.

For your imformation, "I" think we are not yet playing to our full potential.
Totally different to what you assume "I" think.

Hope that clears it up !

No idea what you are on about!:blah:

jabis
18-01-2010, 05:26 PM
No idea what you are on about!:blah:

Fair do's....for the hard of thinking...........

Your views are Nade,you spout Nade,and you are deluded enough to "believe" that WE all agree with you.

And with the greatest respect,you know where you can stick your :blah:.

IMHO

CheesyHibby
18-01-2010, 07:04 PM
its not neccesarily commitment we lack. its pace, strength and physique that dundee u used to beat us on sat. sadly we do not have these qualities in abundance at the mo.

jabis
18-01-2010, 08:09 PM
its not neccesarily commitment we lack. its pace, strength and physique that dundee u used to beat us on sat. sadly we do not have these qualities in abundance at the mo.

And you can bugger off too.