PDA

View Full Version : BBC - Dundee Utd Lowlights are up

Winston Ingram
17-01-2010, 05:09 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8464474.stm

Sylar
17-01-2010, 05:18 PM
As I thought at the time, from the other end of the ground; never a penalty.

PISTOL1875
17-01-2010, 05:29 PM
I can't believe Riordan bottling it in the lead up to there goal.. Unbelievable...

Hainan Hibs
17-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Smith was outstanding in goals.

That's the first time I've seen the Riordan incident in the lead up to their goal, absolutely ****ing disgraceful, a ****ing embarrassment.

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Riordan bottles it and we were muscled off the ball in the leadup to the goal.

Awful.

Also, does anyone wonder if Goodwillie missed twice on purpose because it was never a penalty? I can't understand how ANYONE could miss from that close when they were intending to score.
:cool2:

PISTOL1875
17-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Riordan bottles it and we were muscled off the ball in the leadup to the goal.

Awful.

Also, does anyone wonder if Goodwillie missed twice on purpose because it was never a penalty? I can't understand how ANYONE could miss from that close when they were intending to score.
:cool2:

Have you had too much drink this weekend ?? Why would anybody want to miss on purpose ??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

PISTOL1875
17-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Smith was outstanding in goals.

That's the first time I've seen the Riordan incident in the lead up to their goal, absolutely ****ing disgraceful, a ****ing embarrassment.

Smith was brilliant.. The saves he made were quality.. The Riordan '' tackle '' is a disgrace.. Nothing more than a joke..

He should be embarrassed to pull on the jersey...

snooky
17-01-2010, 10:23 PM
IMO if a player doesn't have the will to give 100% he should pay to get in like the rest of us. Unfortunately, there were a few powder puff tackles in the highlights.

Reminds me of the poignant story of how a war was lost all because of one nail missing in a horse's shoe.

Jonnyboy
17-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Never a penalty :grr:

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Have you had too much drink this weekend ?? Why would anybody want to miss on purpose ??? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Well I was pretty sure it was obvious that I wasn't being entirely serious.
Next time I'll add a wee disclaimer just for you.
:greengrin:wink: (that's to indicate I'm just kidding)

hibsbollah
18-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Hogg not to blame for the goal. Sorry to sound like hibsspain but I thought Smith could have done better for their goal?

hibeeleicester
18-01-2010, 09:52 AM
smith was outstanding :agree:

How long before hes in the scotland squad :wink:

Riordans Boots
18-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Never a penalty :bitchy:

Smith was superb :thumbsup:

DaveF
18-01-2010, 11:54 AM
Awarding a penalty when it was so clearly outside the box says everything about the performance of lino's and referee.

It's not even close to being a penalty, so what the hell those jokers were looking at is beyond me.

I also don't buy into the 'Hogg to blame' thing. He get's over there to close down the shot but was unlucky with his attempted block.

BEEJ
18-01-2010, 12:12 PM
Hogg not to blame for the goal. Sorry to sound like hibsspain but I thought Smith could have done better for their goal?
Hogg ran across Smith's line of vision as he attempted to block the shot.

That wouldn't have helped.

Tyler Durden
18-01-2010, 12:22 PM
I can't believe Riordan bottling it in the lead up to there goal.. Unbelievable...

I don't agree with all this Riordan "bottled it" stuff. He lost possession cheaply but Im not sure the ball was there to be won. I think we can moan about his poor control but are we really gonna slate him cos he didnt lunge into a challenge that was 30/70?

And the ball has then travelled the length of the field where we've had numerous chances to win it back.

Some tosser behind me was blaming Deek for the penalty aswell FFS.

18Craig75
18-01-2010, 01:08 PM
I don't agree with all this Riordan "bottled it" stuff. He lost possession cheaply but Im not sure the ball was there to be won. I think we can moan about his poor control but are we really gonna slate him cos he didnt lunge into a challenge that was 30/70?

And the ball has then travelled the length of the field where we've had numerous chances to win it back.

As I remember Deek played Rankin a hospital ball and instead of moving into space to receive the return, he stood like a spoilt child throwing his arms about in a cream puff?? Then UTD run up the park and penalty!

Diclonius
18-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Does boyhood Hibby Swanson celebrate his goal? :hmmm:

Golden Bear
18-01-2010, 02:01 PM
I wasn't there on Saturday but going from the various post match slagging threads, the verdict was that the performance was not up to scratch.

However after watching the highlights, it struck me that the team seemed to create more chances than in some of the games where we scraped a win in true hawrts style.

It's a funny old game as they say.

Tyler Durden
18-01-2010, 04:19 PM
As I remember Deek played Rankin a hospital ball and instead of moving into space to receive the return, he stood like a spoilt child throwing his arms about in a cream puff?? Then UTD run up the park and penalty!

You remember it wrong.

Deek played the ball to Rankin. Stokes had moved for a ball over the top - arguably the lazy option, as he could've been in short to take the pass from Riordan in the 1st place. Rankin played the ball expecting Stokes to have come short. So Rankin lost possession. Not for the first or last time in the game.

hibsbollah
18-01-2010, 05:31 PM

He didnt :thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
18-01-2010, 05:39 PM

Look at it again.. The tackle was there and he pulled out of it. Not even interested in trying to win the ball back.. Bottler...

ancient hibee
18-01-2010, 05:48 PM
OK it's just the highlights but it seems to me that we didn't have the luck we've had in some earlier games.Not nearly as bad as I expected and we could have won it in the second half.

hibsboy90
18-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Tell me Yogi, where is this offside??

IWasThere2016
20-01-2010, 06:09 AM

Stays near me - I'm gonna let his tyres doon :greengrin

The worry is he and team mates can grab a few in coming weeks as Arabs play bottom 6 in their next 7 games! :grr: