PDA

View Full Version : Welsh & Currie at Stenhousemuir

josef k
17-01-2010, 03:56 PM
Sorry if posted elsewhere. Both played yesterday as full-backs. According to an interview on 'Warriors tv' (!) from Stenhousemuir's website their manager thought they both played well (from about 1 min to 2mins in the video)http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/news/2010/01/17/257/

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Aren't they midfielders?

McD
17-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry if posted elsewhere. Both played yesterday as full-backs. According to an interview on 'Warriors tv' (!) from Stenhousemuir's website their manager thought they both played well (from about 1 min to 2mins in the video)http://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/news/2010/01/17/257/

I've often thought thay Welsh could get a slot in our first team at fullback. The laddie likes a tackle, isnt afraid to mix it up with players, and is one of the most comfortable-on-the-ball players I've seen, esp at his age. He is happy to take the ball in the tightest of situations and control is always fantastic. I'm sure with a little bit of practice (in training) he could do a good turn there.
His normal position is centre mid, I had oped with McBrides injury issues that Seasn wouldve been given a run, he's a much better player than rankin. Yes he is inexperienced, but I'm not saying have him in there every match for 90 min, but give him a shot, its not as if rankin is pulling up any trees at the mo (or ever).

:greengrin

McD
17-01-2010, 04:18 PM
Aren't they midfielders?

Yes, tho I've seen welsh play at centre half and right back for the 19s previously. He's normally centre mid, Currie is a left footed midfielder.

Petrie's Tache
17-01-2010, 05:02 PM
I've often thought thay Welsh could get a slot in our first team at fullback. The laddie likes a tackle, isnt afraid to mix it up with players, and is one of the most comfortable-on-the-ball players I've seen, esp at his age. He is happy to take the ball in the tightest of situations and control is always fantastic. I'm sure with a little bit of practice (in training) he could do a good turn there.
His normal position is centre mid, I had oped with McBrides injury issues that Seasn wouldve been given a run, he's a much better player than rankin. Yes he is inexperienced, but I'm not saying have him in there every match for 90 min, but give him a shot, its not as if rankin is pulling up any trees at the mo (or ever).

I second that completely.:top marks

IMHO Sean has the potential at this age to be a Scotland interantional even captain at CM. Poss one of teh best players we have brought through. Much better than KT at that age TBH.

oconnors_strip
17-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes, tho I've seen welsh play at centre half and right back for the 19s previously. He's normally centre mid, Currie is a left footed midfielder.

lee can also score sweet free kicks with his left foot!

this loan spell will do wonders for both of them.

3pm
17-01-2010, 05:37 PM
I know a boy that plays for Stenny, he says they both look really good. He says they are good lads as well.

I think the loan was a month? Would be worthwhile extending it.

greenlex
17-01-2010, 05:44 PM
I know a boy that plays for Stenny, he says they both look really good. He says they are good lads as well.

I think the loan was a month? Would be worthwhile extending it.
Yup one month but there hasn't been much football this month so extending it would make sense. :agree:

Moody D
17-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Speaking to Arbroath fan who mentioned Ewan Moyes played in this game as well yesterday - Think he must be on loan at Arbroath now? apparently he played well

BEEJ
17-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Speaking to Arbroath fan who mentioned Ewan Moyes played in this game as well yesterday - Think he must be on loan at Arbroath now? apparently he played well
:agree: Mentioned on the main site on Friday.

One player who has left the club this week is Euan Moyes, who has moved on loan to Arbroath until the end of the season. After stepping up from the Under-19 side last season, Euan went on loan to Livingston - however injury curtailed his opportunities in West Lothian.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/united-will-be-tough-20100115_2262950_1933176

stubru59
17-01-2010, 07:39 PM

So there is light at the end of the tunnel? Let's just hope they continue to progress.

1987green
17-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Yogi has told Welsh that his attitude stinks and if it disnae change he will be shown the door. Currie on the other hand keeps hehead down and gets on with it. During recent snow Welsh was one of players who didn' turn up and when asked by Hughes he said the buses were off thenasked why no get a taxi he repied u don't pay me enough to get a taxi but good player apart from that

McD
17-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Yogi has told Welsh that his attitude stinks and if it disnae change he will be shown the door. Currie on the other hand keeps hehead down and gets on with it. During recent snow Welsh was one of players who didn' turn up and when asked by Hughes he said the buses were off thenasked why no get a taxi he repied u don't pay me enough to get a taxi but good player apart from that

If true hopefully he'll take the kick up the arse and knuckle down. Cracking player, but thats not the attitude we, yogi or the club would accept from a seasoned pro so theres no chance that a young laddie new to the 1st team squad will get away with it.

If he gets booted for his attitude, he'll only have himself to blame, and there certainly wont be many better locations in scotland to get yourself blooded into senior fitba, certainly not in the SPL.

Good player, has the potential to be one of the best we've produced for a long time, but if this is true, needs to have a good hard look at himself and the (relatively) priviledged position he is in. A quick look to the likes of Andy McNeill would show him just how quickly things can change, and andy always had a great attitude, and still does judging by articles in the papers today.

Skills will only take you so far, attitude takes you further, or if bad, backwards at a rate of knots.

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2010, 10:15 PM
Think Currie should have stayed at ER, where he would have benefited more from the coaching. I believe that only Rice can bring out the best in him.

1987green
17-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Totally agree but its not the first time him and Yogi have had a run in. IMO its coz he is a very laid back laddie and can *** across as bring arogant but I was at a game against Dundee when Yogi ripped him a new erse coz o his attitude during the game and after he was subbed and serious words were exchanged he told Yogi to ***** off

Mibbes Aye
17-01-2010, 10:33 PM
Think Currie should have stayed at ER, where he would have benefited more from the coaching. I believe that only Rice can bring out the best in him.

Would agree but I think there's a strong family presence going to games that acts as a support and can only help keep him grounded.

In particular his Nan makes a great accompaniment :agree:

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2010, 10:39 PM
Would agree but I think there's a strong family presence going to games that acts as a support and can only help keep him grounded.

In particular his Nan makes a great accompaniment :agree:

I think if he just found a nice lassi, that would help keep him on the straight and narrow.

McD
17-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Totally agree but its not the first time him and Yogi have had a run in. IMO its coz he is a very laid back laddie and can *** across as bring arogant but I was at a game against Dundee when Yogi ripped him a new erse coz o his attitude during the game and after he was subbed and serious words were exchanged he told Yogi to ***** off

You can only shake your head at that kind of thing.....does he think that gobbing off at his boss is gonna result in more playing time, or praise??? :bitchy:

Unfortunately he isnt the first and wont be the last talented laddie to get a bit big for his boots or think he knows better. The acid test is whether he learns, or contines down a path that always leads the same way - down the leagues and eventually out of the game altogether.

Will be a crying shame if he lets that happen, he could (dare I say should) go on to surpass what Brown and/or KT do. He really has got the world at his feet.

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2010, 10:48 PM
If Currie needs a lassi, maybe Welsh could do with a rarebit stuff to keep grounded too.

Mibbes Aye
17-01-2010, 10:49 PM
I think if he just found a nice lassi, that would help keep him on the straight and narrow.

:agree: Otherwise he could end up in a right pickle. No one would relish that.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
17-01-2010, 10:50 PM

Surely you Josh? Anton Rogan in a coaching capacity would be a recipe for success.

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2010, 10:53 PM
I think the main problem is that we've failed to adjust to the Balti conditions.

Mibbes Aye
17-01-2010, 11:11 PM
If Currie needs a lassi, maybe Welsh could do with a rarebit stuff to keep grounded too.

So as long as it's not merely a case of keeping up with the Joneses.

ballengeich
18-01-2010, 01:09 AM
I think the main problem is that we've failed to adjust to the Balti conditions.

They were affected by the weather. It Snowdon Welsh. There's a sketch of the event. I Druid.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 08:49 AM

:agree: It's just a pity we didn't keep a hold of Steven Pilau.

Teo10
18-01-2010, 10:33 AM

:faf:

matty_f
18-01-2010, 11:08 AM

You'll get some bad korma coming your way with jokes like that.