PDA

View Full Version : Tannadump...

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 03:55 PM
What a ****** stadium :agree:

Narrow corridors for exiting the ground, knee crushing seats/legroom, ersehole stewards who block the view by standing in front of you etc...

One of the worst grounds in SPL imo

anon1
17-01-2010, 04:18 PM
I dont get why they need 2 seperate grounds on the one street up there.

I used to live close by to there and they really are dumps!! They should knock them both down and build 1 purpose-built 15k - 20k stadium. The current grounds do nothing but reflect current state of Dundee itself.. i.e. Gross!!

Sir David Gray
17-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Along with Fir Park, Tannadice is by far the worst stadium in the SPL for me.

Awful place.

chorley_fm
17-01-2010, 04:19 PM
worse leg room in football

johnrebus
17-01-2010, 04:22 PM
worse leg room in football

No, that accolade must surely go to Rugby Park, Kilmarnock.

:agree:

Alex Trager
17-01-2010, 04:24 PM
i always come away fom tynecastle and rugby park wi scratches on on my legs their both *****

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 04:28 PM
No, that accolade must surely go to Rugby Park, Kilmarnock.

For me Rugby Park's a close second...Tannadump's legroom is worse IMO

CheesyHibby
17-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Don't think its necessarily the legroom (my legs are quite short anyway so i don't really notice :greengrin) but its the most bizaare stand in the league and is surely a safety hazard. Plus the way its set out is not remotely conducive to a decent atmosphere. In conclusion, total dump.

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 08:37 PM
It's just a horrible, horrible midden of a ground.

Newhaven
17-01-2010, 09:08 PM
What a ****** stadium

Narrow corridors for exiting the ground, knee crushing seats/legroom, ersehole stewards who block the view by standing in front of you etc...

One of the worst grounds in SPL imo

Add water in the front rows that weren't drained and police standing in front of you as well to that list G.

£22 for the lower stand compared to other grounds in the SPL is a joke

bigstu
17-01-2010, 09:09 PM
agreed, the away stand is very random with the way its set out, complete dump

Removed
17-01-2010, 09:14 PM
Add water in the front rows that weren't drained and police standing in front of you as well to that list G.

£22 for the lower stand compared to other grounds in the SPL is a joke

And £12 for a bairn when it's a fiver at Killie, Motherwell etc.

It's the passages and doors that worry me. Getting out was slow as we all had to get through one door but I'd hate to see what would happen in an emergency. How that meets current stadium standards beats me. IMO it was better when we got the stand behind the goal. Mibbe they don't do that now because the fair play stand does make it harder to generate an atmosphere for away teams.

For away support defo 2nd worst IMO. (Celtc park worst for me)

Newhaven
17-01-2010, 09:19 PM

And £12 for a bairn when it's a fiver at Killie, Motherwell etc.

It's the passages and doors that worry me. Getting out was slow as we all had to get through one door but I'd hate to see what would happen in an emergency. How that meets current stadium creteria beats me. IMO it was better when we got the stand behind the goal. Mibbe they don't do that now because the fair play stand does make it harder to generate an atmosphere for away teams.

For away support defo 2nd worst IMO. (Celtc park worst for me)

Just as well I got in for £12 being a student :cool2:

I sat in the corner of the stand (end where United scored) when we played them in the league cup (beat 1-2 Deek scoring for us) and the seats were kneebreakers - I had to sit at an angle just to be comfortable.

A HSS risk if ever there was one :grr:

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I nearly got trenchfoot sitting in the second from front row in the lower section.
:grr:

Not even the £12 deal as a student helped.

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 09:37 PM
The seating is auful!i thought i was going to get a splinter up my backside!!

plus just getting to your seat is a puzzle you go round 1 corner you hit a wall another 1 exactly the same! and then finally you get a door to your seat!!

mind you the tickets were like soething you get out of the cinema!

Worst stadium in the spl for me

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 09:39 PM
I nearly got trenchfoot sitting in the second from front row in the lower section.
:grr:

Not even the £12 deal as a student helped.

You weren't sitting by the gate where the polis and stewards kept coming in and out of per chance?

Removed
17-01-2010, 09:40 PM
mind you the tickets were like soething you get out of the cinema!

:agree: They were bizarre :faf: :faf: :faf:

col02
17-01-2010, 09:41 PM
Very tempted to raise a complaint to the Health and safety executive as that stand is an accident waiting to happen imho. Why United seen fit to take the other more modern stand away from us is beyond me. There was lucky if there was a hundred United fans in there yet we were all squashed together like tinned sardines in their pishy little stand.

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 09:41 PM
:agree: They were bizarre :faf: :faf: :faf:

didn't even have a place to say where u sit think it said something about Recycling:faf:

but for a team in the spl it's ridiculous

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 09:47 PM
Leg room in the Upper George Fox stand is fine. :greengrin

:duck:

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 09:51 PM
You weren't sitting by the gate where the polis and stewards kept coming in and out of per chance?

Fairly close. IIRC I was about level with the 18yd line if that helps.

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 09:51 PM

LTAF!
:greengrin

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 09:52 PM
Fairly close. IIRC I was about level with the 18yd line if that helps.

Ah, you were just along from me....and the blocked drain :greengrin

Si_17
17-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Stewards were a shower of ********s. We were standing in the back row of the lower tier and were threatened with ejection from the ground if we didn't sit down. I wasn't aware I was restricting the wall's view of the game right enough.

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Ah, you were just along from me....and the blocked drain :greengrin

:eek: I'd forgotten the blocked drain.
Aye, must have been. LH snr and myself decided the lower "bit" (sorry, I refuse to call it a tier) was the better bet. :boo hoo:
After that I remember why the upper has often been viewed as the lesser of two evils...

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 09:56 PM
LTAF!
:greengrin

:cool2:

To be honest, I've never been in the Fair Play stand and I'm actually quite shocked at how bad you are all saying it is.

Removed
17-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Stewards were a shower of ********s. We were standing in the back row of the lower tier and were threatened with ejection from the ground if we didn't sit down. I wasn't aware I was restricting the wall's view of the game right enough.

I was sitting down the front of the lower nearest the dugouts and I thought a guy was ejected fairly early in the first half. Was that you?

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 09:58 PM
:cool2:

To be honest, I've never been in the Fair Play stand and I'm actually quite shocked at how bad you are all saying it is.

Well I'm sure there's an understandable level of bias here, but a lot of Hibees around me were commenting on the poor design with regards health and safety, the lack of drainage, etc.
I normally sit in the upper section which isn't that bad, but the lower section is just mad.

Si_17
17-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I was sitting down the front of the lower nearest the dugouts and I thought a guy was ejected fairly early in the first half. Was that you?

Fortunately not. We were there for the whole game, the problem only arose when there was a changeover of stewards after about sixty minutes and we got a steward who forgot to remove his head from his erse next to us.

Carheenlea
17-01-2010, 10:52 PM
I actually think Tannadice is one of the better grounds. Not being a tall man, I have never had any problems, even in the wooden seats.

Yes, the stands a bit of a mish-mash, but at least it has something that lacks from the majority of new stadiums, character. A rare side-on view for visiting fans and a decent view of the match for the vast majority of visitors.

Stewards are a bit over-zealous, but tell me where they aren't...?

Give me Tannadice over any of these soulless new build "4 shoe-boxes" efforts any day, (and the less said about the "2-3 shoe-boxes" efforts the better... And if you really want to know about duff away stands and over - zealous policing and stewarding, get yourselves tickets for Celtic away a week on Wednesday..)

Removed
17-01-2010, 10:54 PM
better... And if you really want to know about duff away stands and over - zealous policing and stewarding, get yourselves tickets for Celtic away a week on Wednesday..

:agree: That's why it will always be the worst for me. Getting chucked out a few years back didn't help though :grr:

Carheenlea
17-01-2010, 11:00 PM
:agree: That's why it will always be the worst for me. Getting chucked out a few years back didn't help though :grr:

ditto.... :embarrass

Sir David Gray
17-01-2010, 11:09 PM
Very tempted to raise a complaint to the Health and safety executive as that stand is an accident waiting to happen imho. Why United seen fit to take the other more modern stand away from us is beyond me. There was lucky if there was a hundred United fans in there yet we were all squashed together like tinned sardines in their pishy little stand.

I'm probably going to take similar action.

I don't know if anyone on here is aware of what the entry point is like for away fans who are in wheelchairs but when you go through the gate, you then have to go up a very steep slope in order to get to the pitchside (it is practically impossible and extremely dangerous to go up/down this slope on your own).

If you need the toilet, you have to go back down this slope, go outside the ground and then go through another door. Once you are finished you then obviously have to go back up this hill in order to re-enter the stadium.

As far as I'm concerned, I think this set-up is illegal as I simply could not go to Tannadice by myself. There are stewards there who may offer to help but I'm not convinced that they would be covered if I was to fall out of my chair whilst they were shoving me up/down.

I wrote to the SPL a number of months ago complaining, amongst other things, about this particular situation and when I eventually got a reply after about five or six months of waiting, all they did was basically contact Dundee Utd to get a response from them on the points that I raised and in their written response to me, they simply told me what Dundee Utd's position was.

As a next step, I am seriously considering seeking legal advice on this issue because basically the truth of the matter is, no-one at the SPL or Dundee Utd really cares and this is the last resort.

Removed
17-01-2010, 11:16 PM
I'm probably going to take similar action.

I don't know if anyone on here is aware of what the entry point is like for away fans who are in wheelchairs but when you go through the gate, you then have to go up a very steep slope in order to get to the pitchside (it is practically impossible and extremely dangerous to go up/down this slope on your own).

If you need the toilet, you have to go back down this slope, go outside the ground and then go through another door. Once you are finished you then obviously have to go back up this hill in order to re-enter the stadium.

As far as I'm concerned, I think this set-up is illegal as I simply could not go to Tannadice by myself. There are stewards there who may offer to help but I'm not convinced that they would be covered if I was to fall out of my chair whilst they were shoving me up/down.

I wrote to the SPL a number of months ago complaining, amongst other things, about this particular situation and when I eventually got a reply after about five or six months of waiting, all they did was basically contact Dundee Utd to get a response from them on the points that I raised and in their written response to me, they simply told me what Dundee Utd's position was.

As a next step, I am seriously considering seeking legal advice on this issue because basically the truth of the matter is, no-one at the SPL or Dundee Utd really cares and this is the last resort.

:agree: I have experience of that when I took Macar there a couple of years ago. He was confused and asked me where the hell I was taking him. I told him we were sitting in the dugout :devil: and he thought that was barry. Thing is he actually believed me as we were in the seats closest to the dugout and all he could hear was Mixu giving it :grr:

I agree with your point though FH. For blind supporters it's bad enough but for wheelchairs it is terrible. Macar used the normal toilets but the steps, corridors and doors were a nightmare - he is not the smallest of chaps and it was a real challenge as his carer.

lbouncer
17-01-2010, 11:56 PM
I was sitting in the upper tier yesterday and not only was the seat and leg room sh** I had dirty water dripping on me. One of the worst grounds in the spl

California-Hibs
17-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Gulp..... i have to say i think i'd put Tannadice up there with my favorite away trips of the season, i really like their stadium, and espeically the good view you get from the upper (where i have to say im struggling to see how folk are saying there isnt much leg room??.. maybe its just the seats further along, the wooden bit).
Anyway yeah, i like how we're side on, you get to see so much more!

oldbutdim
18-01-2010, 12:04 AM
Having been "placed" in the front row by polis acting as ushers, I then lost sight of around 30% of the pitch for the last ten minutes when The World's Fattest Steward stood next to his mate right in front of us.

So at least that part of the game was OK.

C I Hibee
18-01-2010, 12:10 AM
I was in the 'Fair Play' wooden seats a couple of seasons ago. Its a disgrace. I am 6' 4'' and had to sit the whole game with my legs to the side. Sent an email to D UTD after the game to complain. I did not even get a response:grr: Total contempt for their paying customers.

Bayern Bru
18-01-2010, 12:39 AM
Having been "placed" in the front row by polis acting as ushers, I then lost sight of around 30% of the pitch for the last ten minutes when The World's Fattest Steward stood next to his mate right in front of us.

Ah, you were sitting next to me then...

libernian
18-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Gulp..... i have to say i think i'd put Tannadice up there with my favorite away trips of the season, i really like their stadium, and espeically the good view you get from the upper (where i have to say im struggling to see how folk are saying there isnt much leg room??.. maybe its just the seats further along, the wooden bit).
Anyway yeah, i like how we're side on, you get to see so much more!

yeah the view from the upper tier is excellent and its is a really compact and neat stadium i feel.

i never went on sat but went before and remeember it being 12 quid for students lower tier n normal 22 quid upper tier. unfortunately the people i was with were in before me (not students) and ended up in upper tier.

anyway, does anyone know if its possible to get to the upper tier by going through the womens toilet? altho the chances of being lifted i suspect is high if you went out the other side and a steward was standing there...

Diclonius
18-01-2010, 02:38 AM

I was in the lower George Fox (see previous thread) and the legroom was abysmal.

Newhaven
18-01-2010, 07:18 AM

The one with the XXXXL jacket that was still to small for him :faf:

Cabbage East
18-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I like Tannadice. Proper old school ground unlike the pish that gets thrown up nowadays.

The folk talking about complaining to the HSE need to get a grip. It's attitudes like this that mean we'll never be allowed safe standing at the football again.

NORTHERNHIBBY
18-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Apart from when the OF arrive, and maybe Aberdeen, United seem to have a real issue about letting away fans into the shed, their traditional home end. Bigger clubs than them [ Hearts] have had no issues about changing this around. On Saturday there though, the stewarding was pathetic. Plenty bodies in high visibility jackets outside doing zip, and boys inside getting grief for not being able to handle a situation that they themselves were making. Our support would have fitted into the shed with no issues, and I don't understand why a stand that was built after winning a supporters award [fair play stand] is not used for the fans that won that award. Maybe a cynical point but did anyone else see the cut of that young lad that was hooked early from the lower fair play? Completely out of his face and barely able to stand. He should never have been allowed in the ground, for his own sake if nothing else, but then if he doesn't get in, the club don't get £22.:grr:

ArabHibee
18-01-2010, 11:13 AM
I was in the 'Fair Play' wooden seats a couple of seasons ago. Its a disgrace. I am 6' 4'' and had to sit the whole game with my legs to the side. Sent an email to D UTD after the game to complain. I did not even get a response:grr: Total contempt for their paying customers.

That's not the Fair Play stand you were in. That's the main stand.

I was in the lower George Fox (see previous thread) and the legroom was abysmal.

Sorry but I don't agree. I had my season ticket in the lower George Fox and there is no difference between the leg room there and the leg room in the lower FF.

Cabbage East
18-01-2010, 11:19 AM
That's not the Fair Play stand you were in. That's the main stand.

Sorry but I don't agree. I had my season ticket in the lower George Fox and there is no difference between the leg room there and the leg room in the lower FF.

I'm confused, are you a Hibby?

Hainan Hibs
18-01-2010, 11:58 AM
Legroom is terrible, anyone over 4ft 2 is struggling there.

The stand is a complete and utter midden and they may as well pull it down, they certainly don't have big crowds to be scared of the loss in capacity.

ArabHibee
18-01-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm confused, are you a Hibby?

Long story. Let's just say I spend the majority of my hard earned student cash at Easter Road these days. :greengrin