PDA

View Full Version : How do we improve the atmosphere at ER?

Keith_M
17-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Going by a lot of posts recently, most people are of the same opinion as I am, that the atmosphere at games, especially at ER, is not what it could be.

Exactly WHY this is the case has been done to death on other threads so let's not even bother going there. What I'm interested in is ideas on how we, as fans, can improve it and that we would also be willing to follow through with. (don't bother suggesting standing sections, we don't have the power to change the rules/laws/whatever). If we can come up with useful ideas that then need help from the club, I'd be more than happy to either present this to them or leave it to someone with better contacts.

So, here's the challenge:

What suggestions do you have to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road?

Post now or forever hold your peace!

:wink:

Big Frank
17-01-2010, 03:51 PM
STOP the guy wi' the mike before the game.

STOP the music blaring out the fans noise before the game.

RIP the seats out of our terrace.

Make sure that ANYONE attempting to sing a song at ER gets the ok from the forward thinking, for want of a better phrase "PC brigade", so that no-one, friend or foe is offended in any way shape or form.

The Hibernian team needs to show that they are trying a leg and are as passionate about being winners as the fans are, and bang in the goals.

The atmosphere should take care of itself.

houston1875
17-01-2010, 03:51 PM
aye!! make sure certain fans know the words to even half of the songs would be a starter!! lol

Keith_M
17-01-2010, 03:52 PM

That bugs me as well :agree:

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 03:53 PM
As I have said before get all the East Stand netters to buy their ST,s/match day tix next season for the same part of the ground.Same if you are in any other part of the ground,organise it so you will be sitting together,it helps when there is someone starting a singsong and a few more (netters) around join in,that will spread a bit quicker,let yir mates know what youre trying to do,spread the word for next season.Also away games(should be easier) try to sit in the same area of the stand,meet before the games,post on here etc....

also yir right get the music stopped before the game,kills the atmosphere,u need a decent 5 mins or so build up to the game to keep the atmos going,never understood why clubs do this?

CalgaryHibs
17-01-2010, 03:54 PM
Having the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders on the side lines ?:devil:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Make the bottom 20 rows of the new stand a singing section. Tell whoever wants to buy a ticket for that section it could be rowdy, in fact stress to them we want it rowdy. And if it does get rowdy, and a steward tell anyone sitting in those seats to sit down, make sure that person is allowed to kick that steward square in the baws,

biffo1875
17-01-2010, 03:58 PM
i know it has been posted on here several times before but we definitely need new songs and chants .there must be a couple of budding song writers out there who can come up with some new songs and chants so get the thinking caps on and lets get easter road buzzing again:thumbsup:

Jack
17-01-2010, 04:01 PM
One of my kids bought me a hooter from the Hibs shop. Its a bit like yon hooters I'm constantly hearing in the Africa Cup.
Nah! I didn't think so.

Ell_Chrisso
17-01-2010, 04:04 PM
STOP the guy wi' the mike before the game.

RIP the seats out of our terrace.

Make sure that ANYONE attempting to sing a song at ER gets the ok from the forward thinking, for want of a better phrase "PC brigade", so that no-one, friend or foe is offended in any way shape or form.

The Hibernian team needs to show that they are trying a leg and are as passionate about being winners as the fans are, and bang in the goals.

The atmosphere should take care of itself.

Or get Hull's Phill Brown on the Comms. :wink:

CallumHibs07
17-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Why does everyone hate Grant Stott?

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 04:05 PM

:confused:

Hainan Hibs
17-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Have a sniper looking out for women who have the audacity to pull out a copy of Hello magazine during games.

A fire at will policy is given to the sniper.

MSK
17-01-2010, 04:11 PM

:confused:Its not just me then ...:confused:

MSK
17-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Get Delia Smith in wi a mic in her hand ..that would seperate the wheat fi the chaff !!! :paranoid:

anon1
17-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Get Delia Smith in wi a mic in her hand ..that would seperate the wheat fi the chaff !!! :paranoid:

Half-time pie eating contests?? Would you take part happy? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 04:15 PM
Have a sniper looking out for women who have the audacity to pull out a copy of Hello magazine during games.

A fire at will policy is given to the sniper.

Forget about the magazines, just get the women.:devil::wink:

CallumHibs07
17-01-2010, 04:15 PM
:confused:

Grant Stott is the announcer at ER

Delboy*
17-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Seriously.......consume mair bevvy n get tore right intae it :cheers:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 04:19 PM

No he's not.

CallumHibs07
17-01-2010, 04:20 PM
No he's not.

Who is it then? I'm sure he used to be:confused:

anon1
17-01-2010, 04:20 PM
This girl would certainly get the atmosphere going! She's got a bit of talent too ;-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f889nFmZBpQ

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 04:21 PM

If thats the case then he needs tae stop the music and get the fans going before the KO.He writes some good stuff and from what I hear he also does some good warmup speeches,why can he not get the fans going.

I'm_cabbaged
17-01-2010, 04:23 PM
If thats the case then he needs tae stop the music and get the fans going before the KO.He writes some good stuff and from what I hear he also does some good warmup speeches,why can he not get the fans going.

Because he isnae. :confused:

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 04:31 PM
whoever it is needs tae get the fans wound up then shut the up 5mins before the game

I'm_cabbaged
17-01-2010, 04:33 PM
whoever it is needs tae get the fans wound up then shut the up 5mins before the game

Couldn't agree more. :agree:

I'm_cabbaged
17-01-2010, 04:44 PM
The stewards dinnae help, my 13yo laddie, who is very enthusiastic in supporting the cabbage (dinnae ken where he get's it from :rolleyes:) got told twice to sit down during the derby, once he was only standing up singing, the other was for jumping out to the steps to give it a big GIRFUY when we equalised right enough. :greengrin But FFS that's what fitba's all about, well it used to be anyway. :bitchy:

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2010, 04:47 PM
A big drum like at livi.

MSK
17-01-2010, 04:49 PM
A big drum like at livi.NAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bitchy:

Unless yer deaf !!

Jones28
17-01-2010, 04:51 PM

Nahh, thats not Grant Stott, have you heard him on the radio?

CallumHibs07
17-01-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty sure it is Grant Stott. I've heard him at pantos and he sounds the same.

BEEJ
17-01-2010, 04:57 PM
i know it has been posted on here several times before but we definitely need new songs and chants .there must be a couple of budding song writers out there who can come up with some new songs and chants so get the thinking caps on and lets get easter road buzzing again:thumbsup:
:agree:

Someone to write new songs and someone to organise a group of fans responsible for starting the singing.

I have great admiration for the hardy souls with voices like town criers who on their own manage (sometimes) to galvanise the Hibs support into singing. But a group of supporters (say, 20) would be far more effective.

jabis
17-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Make the bottom 20 rows of the new stand a singing section. Tell whoever wants to buy a ticket for that section it could be rowdy, in fact stress to them we want it rowdy. And if it does get rowdy, and a steward tell anyone sitting in those seats to sit down, make sure that person is allowed to kick that steward square in the baws,

The BACK 20 rows would be better,and alleviate the chance of me dropping a prawn sandwich on my tartan blanket:agree:

Elephant Stone
17-01-2010, 05:04 PM
I'm pretty sure it is Grant Stott. I've heard him at pantos and he sounds the same.

It definitely isn't Grant Stott. I don't know who it is but he is responsible for some awful music being played; that piece of classical music before the game is so bad. It's not difficult to play songs which will make people excited, he really needs to change it.

Rant aside, he isn't responsible for the atmosphere. I'm not sure how it could be done but the club need to encourage the folk who want to sing to sit in the same area, there must be loads of people scattered around the ground who are up for singing but don't because of the silence around them- put them all in the same area and there will be noise!

madgoalie87
17-01-2010, 05:05 PM

Unless the only hibs game you have been to is aek athens then you have not heard stotty on the mike at e.r, and just 4 the record he was class that night, bring back stotty I say!

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 05:06 PM
The BACK 20 rows would be better,and alleviate the chance of me dropping a prawn sandwich on my tartan blanket:agree:

:agree: Aye the back 20 would be better, and would not stop anyone sitting further forward from seeing the game, if they stood up.

MSK
17-01-2010, 05:07 PM
I'm pretty sure it is Grant Stott. I've heard him at pantos and he sounds the same.Again ...it is not Grant Stott ...its this guy .. http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=170906&highlight=gavin+pearson

lyonhibs
17-01-2010, 05:07 PM

Hahaha no he's not.

I daresay he would do a much better job than the clueless buffoon we currently have, with his wide and varied range of mispronunciations and ***** patter.

iwasthere1972
17-01-2010, 05:09 PM

Oh no he doesn't. :greengrin

Back to the original question. We should abandon bringing in new songs until we have all learnt the words to the oldies and I mean not just Hibees - Hibees - Hibees.

We know that the whole stadium can participate going by personal experience when it was the norm for us to be in Europe every year and by reports of the night against AEK Athens when the noise and atmosphere had hairs standing on the back of your neck. The diddy cup win against Killie is another example that everybody has the ability to join in when they need to.

Ripping out seats is not the way forward. Just stop sitting on your hands during the game and get singing. You know you want to. :agree:

jabis
17-01-2010, 05:21 PM
:agree: Aye the back 20 would be better, and would not stop anyone sitting further forward from seeing the game, if they stood up.

would also make more noise,as it would be more enclosed.

Back to the original question. We should abandon bringing in new songs until we have all learnt the words to the oldies and I mean not just Hibees - Hibees - Hibees.

We know that the whole stadium can participate going by personal experience when it was the norm for us to be in Europe every year and by reports of the night against AEK Athens when the noise and atmosphere had hairs standing on the back of your neck. The diddy cup win against Killie is another example that everybody has the ability to join in when they need to.

Ripping out seats is not the way forward. Just stop sitting on your hands during the game and get singing. You know you want to. :agree:

the uberfan agrees :greengrin
(oops wrong thread)

iwasthere1972
17-01-2010, 05:33 PM
would also make more noise,as it would be more enclosed.

the uberfan agrees :greengrin
(oops wrong thread)

:grr: Get back in your cage. :greengrin

:notworthy:

CallumHibs07
17-01-2010, 05:57 PM

:faf::faf:

Ok, maybe he's not. Just always thought it was.

basehibby
17-01-2010, 05:57 PM

Also what happened to some of the old classics???

eg. (To the tune of Al Jolson's Mammy)
Hi-ibees (Nanananana) Hi-ibees
I'd walk a million miles
For one of your goals
Oh Hi-ibees

that's one of a plethora of old crowd pleasers that never get an outing these days - dunno why :confused:

basehibby
17-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Seriously.......consume mair bevvy n get tore right intae it :cheers:
:top marks All Hibies must get to the pub earlier to loosen up those vocal chords :cool2:

basehibby
17-01-2010, 06:04 PM
The stewards dinnae help, my 13yo laddie, who is very enthusiastic in supporting the cabbage (dinnae ken where he get's it from :rolleyes:) got told twice to sit down during the derby, once he was only standing up singing, the other was for jumping out to the steps to give it a big GIRFUY when we equalised right enough. :greengrin But FFS that's what fitba's all about, well it used to be anyway. :bitchy:

:top marks Over zealous stewards need to be reported to the club with a view to being warned / launched.

They have a job to do but there's always some who are just little Hitlers looking for an excuse to massage their own egos by bossing folk about :bitchy:

weonlywon6-2
17-01-2010, 06:18 PM
One of my kids bought me a hooter from the Hibs shop. Its a bit like yon hooters I'm constantly hearing in the Africa Cup.
Nah! I didn't think so.

i`m all for big hooters at games to liven things up !!:wink:

iwasthere1972
17-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Also what happened to some of the old classics???

eg. (To the tune of Al Jolson's Mammy)
Hi-ibees (Nanananana) Hi-ibees
I'd walk a million miles
For one of your goals
Oh Hi-ibees

that's one of a plethora of old crowd pleasers that never get an outing these days - dunno why :confused:

Surprised we haven't updated another of the golden oldies.

:singing We've got Yves Ma-Kalambay number 50
We've got Yves Ma-Kalambay number 50
We've got the best team in the land

We've got David Wotherspoon number 24

We've got Ian Murray number 6

We've got Chris Hogg number 4

We've got Sol Bamba number 26

We've got Paddy Cregg number 8

We've got Liam Miller number 33

We've got Merouane Zemmama number 7

We've got Anthony Stokes number 18

We've got Colin Nish number 9

We've got Derek Riordan (maybe :wink:) number 10

:faf: :faf: Can't believe I did all that. :doh:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

scoopyboy
17-01-2010, 06:40 PM

Well done that man, I remember the older versions well however I now feel this is going to turn into another Maka thread.

MacBean
17-01-2010, 07:24 PM
as mentioned the other day i suggested a Flag day or a day of colour. Green and white everywhere looks great and although not a audio addition to the atmosphere it adds to the general feel of the stadium.

Flags and Scarves and everyone wearing tops on top of thier jackets/jampers etc.

There are still flags around the stadium however a few years ago there were ten times as many kicking around the stands and they seem to have disappeared

:flag::flag::flag:

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 07:47 PM

:faf: Brilliant! Methinks you'll have to make amendments to that song once the transfer window closes.

Keith_M
17-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Thanks for everybody that's replied so far, some interesting ideas (as well as some pretty crazy ones).

I'll have another look back tomorrow and see about making a list of those ideas suggested. Please continue to make suggestions.

:top marks

hstn747
17-01-2010, 09:50 PM
If we could start with getting the team read out with a bit of enthusiasm & the fans could cheer the names. I'm sure this was done regularly a few years back.

We should make more of an effort to let any Ex-Hearts players know what we think of them. Don't hear anything these days when there's an ex-hearts player in the opposition.

Someone suggested earlier that song lyrics should be made more widely available so that folk can join in if they want & not just with the only line they know.

Some songs to sing at the opposition would be good too. I'm sure there's lots out there that could be adapted for our needs. Always better if both sides are trying to out-do each other.

MacBean
17-01-2010, 09:58 PM
I think the guy did well playing Sunshine on Leith at the Derby. appreciate this wouldnt get people going as much at games like St Midden or Falkirk but it certainly added to the atmosphere and wound up the yams a lot.

Lofarl
17-01-2010, 10:03 PM
What about something like .net t-shirts. If you have one of these t-shirts you agree to sing like a loon aside your fellow .netters.

They would have to be easy to spot to the naked eye. So all .netters could converge in one place and hopefully buy season tickets next year in the same area.

CMac1988
17-01-2010, 10:34 PM
I think the guy did well playing Sunshine on Leith at the Derby. appreciate this wouldnt get people going as much at games like St Midden or Falkirk but it certainly added to the atmosphere and wound up the yams a lot.

I liked the fact that Sunshine On Leith was played before the derby. Perhaps leaving it only for the bigger games is more fitting though.

The announcer - Gavin Pearson according to another thread - isn't bad, bit of a hit or miss at times. Doesn't help that the East's Tannoy system (PA speakers) are older than me. Means that either due to the age or wiring, the Announcement is echoed as it is played a fraction slower than everywhere else around the stadium. This on top of the muffled sound doesn't help.

Basically sounds S***. New East stand will solve this though :agree:.

Anyhoo, Perhaps collectively we could write up all the Lyrics for all our songs and post them into a stickied thread or host them on a page somewhere for all to see and learn. I'll admit that I don't know alot of the lyrics for most of the older song's.

Also the idea of reviving and refreshing some of the older song's, and creating and singing newer ones is a good idea, as it's always the same song's that are belted out every match...

'Hibees, Hibees, Hibees...' (not really a song, chant if you will)
'We are Hibernian FC...'
'We played in south Morocco...'
'Hail Hail, the Hibs are here...'

I think these are the only song's... and chants we sing. Need more Cowbell!!

MacBean
17-01-2010, 10:42 PM
I liked the fact that Sunshine On Leith was played before the derby. Perhaps leaving it only for the bigger games is more fitting though.

The announcer - Gavin Pearson according to another thread - isn't bad, bit of a hit or miss at times. Doesn't help that the East's Tannoy system (PA speakers) are older than me. Means that either due to the age or wiring, the Announcement is echoed as it is played a fraction slower than everywhere else around the stadium. This on top of the muffled sound doesn't help.

Basically sounds S***. New East stand will solve this though :agree:.

Anyhoo, Perhaps collectively we could write up all the Lyrics for all our songs and post them into a stickied thread or host them on a page somewhere for all to see and learn. I'll admit that I don't know alot of the lyrics for most of the older song's.

Also the idea of reviving and refreshing some of the older song's, and creating and singing newer ones is a good idea, as it's always the same song's that are belted out every match...

'Hibees, Hibees, Hibees...' (not really a song, chant if you will)
'We are Hibernian FC...'
'We played in south Morocco...'
'Hail Hail, the Hibs are here...'

I think these are the only song's... and chants we sing. Need more Cowbell!!

yeah great idea about a thread, maybe a singing sub-sub-forum?

Hibee_Rab
17-01-2010, 10:44 PM
How about a Hibernian roar. Either the PA guy announces it, or there is some sort of signal for it too start, and all the hibs fans make as much noise as they possible can for a dew minutes just screaming and the like. It would scare the cr*p out of the opposition team :thumbsup:

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 10:44 PM
If we could start with getting the team read out with a bit of enthusiasm & the fans could cheer the names. I'm sure this was done regularly a few years back.

We should make more of an effort to let any Ex-Hearts players know what we think of them. Don't hear anything these days when there's an ex-hearts player in the opposition.

Someone suggested earlier that song lyrics should be made more widely available so that folk can join in if they want & not just with the only line they know.

Some songs to sing at the opposition would be good too. I'm sure there's lots out there that could be adapted for our needs. Always better if both sides are trying to out-do each other.

GP does read them out with enthusiasm....sadly there's no cheers because everyones in the pub when he reads the team line ups :greengrin

I think former yams do get it tight from the East...in the FF and the West, you got dirty looks from the prawn sandwich brigade if you try to start a song...to quote a fellow .netter:

'Football has become like centre court at Wimbledon!'

iwasthere1972
17-01-2010, 10:46 PM
How about a Hibernian roar. Either the PA guy announces it, or there is some sort of signal for it too start, and all the hibs fans make as much noise as they possible can for a dew minutes just screaming and the like. It would scare the cr*p out of the opposition team :thumbsup:

This may sound a silly idea but can I suggest maybe we score a goal. :wink:

Mikey_1875
17-01-2010, 10:51 PM
as mentioned the other day i suggested a Flag day or a day of colour. Green and white everywhere looks great and although not a audio addition to the atmosphere it adds to the general feel of the stadium.

Flags and Scarves and everyone wearing tops on top of thier jackets/jampers etc.

There are still flags around the stadium however a few years ago there were ten times as many kicking around the stands and they seem to have disappeared

:flag::flag::flag:

A day like this would be worth it just to see the post match flag debate on here. :greengrin

Hibee_Rab
17-01-2010, 10:52 PM
This may sound a silly idea but can I suggest maybe we score a goal. :wink:

I knew someone was going to say that the minute I posted that, it's still an idea to toy with, I would like it if we did it just after they scored when their celebrations start to die down, shutting them up and giving the team a big boost for a comeback.

CMac1988
17-01-2010, 11:01 PM
yeah great idea about a thread, maybe a singing sub-sub-forum?

Hopefully Keekaboo chucks it into his Suggestions list, or the admins see it as it could be a good idea.

Alas there's also,

http://www.fanchants.com/football-team/hibs/

Woody1985
17-01-2010, 11:36 PM

:faf:

RIP
18-01-2010, 10:23 AM
We need a new fans group like Stand Up and Be Counted

Phil MaGlass
18-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Ive also mentioned this a while back and added a link,but cannae find it, anyhoos
At ADO Den Haag they have a supporters office and storage room for flags,banners and other parphinalia(if thats how you spell it) the organisers of the flags etc liase regularly with the club about hanging up massive banners,letting off friendly fireworks and creating an atmosphere in the stadium,although the club is one of the bottom teams in the League they have one of the noisiest and vocal support in the league,they also have for the last 15 mins of every game what they call the "Haagsche Kwartier" where for the last 15 mins of the game the whole stadium count down from 10 secs to 1 then go berserk supporting their team singing shouting making a load of noise thats pretty hard to beat.

http://debalisnietrond.web-log.nl/debalisnietrond/images/2009/04/27/tifo.jpg

http://www.rtl.nl/sport/rtlvoetbal/components/jupiler_league/nieuws/images/FansADO498.jpg

http://www.ad.nl/static/FOTO/pe/3/15/1/media_xl_60841.jpg

http://www.adodenhaag.nl/adodenhaag/nl/html/algemeen/nieuws/nieuws.pshe?nieuws_id=2414

Mikeystewart
18-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Get Paul Hartley Gary Mckay and Phil Stamp on the pitch for half time entertainment while they are being chased by a gaggle of silverback gorillas.

kennyh
18-01-2010, 01:29 PM
I am a noisy git at almost every game I go to and that wont ever change wherever I sit or stand. I was tapped on the shoulder a few times on Saturday and asked to sit down....... FFS we were chasing a game, on the attack and with a decent sized but very POOR Hibs support the last thing I wanted to worry about was blocking someones view. We should all have been on our feet roaring the team on.

When the new East is built its crucial the block on the left beside the away fans are left solely for "up for it ~ noisy gits". Tickets should be clearly marked as Singing Section.

The idea from that Dutch club who let clubs store their flags is superb and hopefully Hibs could accomodate. With the spare office space in the South I am sure a room could be allocated to the various Supporters Clubs/Boubcers/Netters to store flags.

I am nost sure what happened to the CG's attempt at having a singing section maybe they gave up just too quickly. If Hibs were to give the area publicity on the Ticket websites and such like it could help but at the end of the day the fans wherever they are in the ground home or away must take responsibility and get involved.

We can all make a difference if we are "up for it"

Booked4Being-Ugly
18-01-2010, 01:35 PM
I think we should start beating teams 4-0 again, that should get a good atmosphere going. Please feel free to pass this suggestion to Yogi and the players when we play Hamilton this Sat.

cwilliamson85
18-01-2010, 01:47 PM
How about we look at other grounds for inspiration. Watched the Stoke city Liverpool game and the Britannia were electric (on the TV) and they did not have gimmicks of flag days singing sections etc.

Just get a team playing good football competing with big teams and the fans will show there appreciation.

down-the-slope
18-01-2010, 01:53 PM
we need to lobby the club to make a big section of the new East a 'signing' section (Uber fan seats :wink:) where you will be ejected for not signing / not jumping around like an idiot......or scapegoating players :grr::grr:

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Investing time into this issue alonside the new East surely has to be a priority I see they go hand in hand.

Problemo I see is the seats. From the various threads pre during and post the initial HibeesReunited push the problem is understandably folks want to sit next to their mates. If your mates are spread over the ground it surely dilutes the atmosphere.

Unallocated seating or ideally ripping the things out would go a long way IMO.

Until those that be see that (if true) lack of such sections is costing the club financially, then nothing will get done about it.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Ive also mentioned this a while back and added a link,but cannae find it, anyhoos
At ADO Den Haag they have a supporters office and storage room for flags,banners and other parphinalia(if thats how you spell it) the organisers of the flags etc liase regularly with the club about hanging up massive banners,letting off friendly fireworks and creating an atmosphere in the stadium,although the club is one of the bottom teams in the League they have one of the noisiest and vocal support in the league,they also have for the last 15 mins of every game what they call the "Haagsche Kwartier" where for the last 15 mins of the game the whole stadium count down from 10 secs to 1 then go berserk supporting their team singing shouting making a load of noise thats pretty hard to beat.

http://debalisnietrond.web-log.nl/debalisnietrond/images/2009/04/27/tifo.jpg

http://www.rtl.nl/sport/rtlvoetbal/components/jupiler_league/nieuws/images/FansADO498.jpg

http://www.ad.nl/static/FOTO/pe/3/15/1/media_xl_60841.jpg

http://www.adodenhaag.nl/adodenhaag/nl/html/algemeen/nieuws/nieuws.pshe?nieuws_id=2414

It'd never happen too much of a fire hazard :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Added to the problem...?

Did we effectively lose a generation through...

the Miller, Blobby and Mixu years leaving a void?

So we lost our "voice" the void was replaced by a more youthful but keen generation who were/are vocal but have not learned/extended the Hibees repertoire with a few misguided (Rudi Skacel) moments along the way?

HFC 0-7
18-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Stop women talking about cooking, Ian Murrays erse and the latest one, Bra sizes, for the whole 90 mins! Dont get me wrong the bra sizes chat made me listen for a second only for me to remember that they are both munters and that any bra would need the capability to pull their chebs up from resting on their knees!

Caversham Green
18-01-2010, 03:11 PM
A big drum like at livi.

NAW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bitchy:

Unless yer deaf !!

I would tend to agree with HH, but the drummer here at Reading does manage to get the chants started from what is a very quiet crowd. Maybe there's a shout for using one sparingly rather than just belting the thing for 90 mins like they do at Pompey (along with that f***in' bell).

green&left
18-01-2010, 03:40 PM
I would tend to agree with HH, but the drummer here at Reading does manage to get the chants started from what is a very quiet crowd. Maybe there's a shout for using one sparingly rather than just belting the thing for 90 mins like they do at Pompey (along with that f***in' bell).

I was at Blackpool v Sheff Utd earlier this season and they had two drums up the back of the 'Spion Kop' and the atmosphere was tremondous. Whole ground singing a good few times during the game and 'Spion Kop' (2-3 blocks of the behind the goal stand) singing throughout. Drums started/controlled most of the singing and provided a quality backing beat to the fans belting out the songs. Atmosphere that night pissed all over anything i've witnessed in the SPL in recent years....

MacBean
18-01-2010, 03:45 PM
one song:
Carnival De Paris :top marks

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Hopefully Keekaboo chucks it into his Suggestions list, or the admins see it as it could be a good idea.

Alas there's also,

http://www.fanchants.com/football-team/hibs/

The ultimate Hibs chant - "One Chris Killen" :greengrin

Whilst keeping the oldies in there I reckon we adopt an additional anthem to follow:

Chumbawamba -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H5uWRjFsGc

with the classic lines

"We'll be singing when where winning"

"I get knocked down but I get up again
you're never gonna get me down..."

and

"*issing the night away,
*issing the night away,
he drinks a whisky drink
he drinks a vodka drink
he drinks a lager drink
he drinks a cider drink
he sings some songs that reminds him of the good times
he sings some songs that reminds him of the better times"

Ell_Chrisso
18-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I am a noisy git at almost every game I go to and that wont ever change wherever I sit or stand. I was tapped on the shoulder a few times on Saturday and asked to sit down....... FFS we were chasing a game, on the attack and with a decent sized but very POOR Hibs support the last thing I wanted to worry about was blocking someones view. We should all have been on our feet roaring the team on.

When the new East is built its crucial the block on the left beside the away fans are left solely for "up for it ~ noisy gits". Tickets should be clearly marked as Singing Section.

The idea from that Dutch club who let clubs store their flags is superb and hopefully Hibs could accomodate. With the spare office space in the South I am sure a room could be allocated to the various Supporters Clubs/Boubcers/Netters to store flags.

I am nost sure what happened to the CG's attempt at having a singing section maybe they gave up just too quickly. If Hibs were to give the area publicity on the Ticket websites and such like it could help but at the end of the day the fans wherever they are in the ground home or away must take responsibility and get involved.

We can all make a difference if we are "up for it"

:agree: Agree with all, and are basically exactly the same at every game i go to also! :top marks

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I was at Blackpool v Sheff Utd earlier this season and they had two drums up the back of the 'Spion Kop' and the atmosphere was tremondous. Whole ground singing a good few times during the game and 'Spion Kop' (2-3 blocks of the behind the goal stand) singing throughout. Drums started/controlled most of the singing and provided a quality backing beat to the fans belting out the songs. Atmosphere that night pissed all over anything i've witnessed in the SPL in recent years....

:top marks The blackpool drummers are superb, and really add to the atmosphere in the ground. I wonder if any new stand can have unregulated seating? Any season tickets sold for that part of the ground, could guarantee you a seat, but not a specific seat. Then groups of people who want to be more noisy would all eventually end up at the same area.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Bread and circus's. I'd like to see gladiatorial contests a la ancient Rome, where prominent Yams were thrown to savage lions and/or bears. It would be great to see Fatty Foulkes, Rixy, Gary MacKay, Wee Airdrie Jambo and Steve Cardownie being mauled by (Russian) bears.

sahib
18-01-2010, 07:04 PM
I got a nice little (Hibs) green ukulele for Christmas. I think it would be great if a couple of hundred of us got together at a home game and played a few fan's favourites. They don't make much noise so I think they would be acceptable even in the West stand. Is there a Hibs song to the tune of "Five foot two - eyes of blue" as this is all I can play. Perhaps everyone could come round here for a jam first to get the act together.

Sorry, my wife has just said there is "no ****ing way" we can practise here as one crap ukulele is enough.

the happy hibee
18-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I think we should bring back YNWA i dont know why we stoped singing it in the first place! It was always a song that got most of the crowd singing and it was always a great sight seeing all the green and white scarfs in the air! :notworthy:

iwasthere1972
18-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I think we should bring back YNWA i dont know why we stoped singing it in the first place! It was always a song that got most of the crowd singing and it was always a great sight seeing all the green and white scarfs in the air! :notworthy:

I read that as YMCA for some reason. :faf: Needless to say that wouldn't do the east stand machos reputation much good.

Viva_Palmeiras
18-01-2010, 07:36 PM

T'was indeed. That and the bounce are one where the crowd are as one thats what it should be all about all IMO - shoulder to shoulder with Hibees pride. Probably a policy against it tho' restricting other peoples views.
FFS.

Thankfully I had the privilege of standing on the terracing to experience that, the sways and singing in the rain at Tynie with Archiegoal the Jinx Buster.

I feel sorry for the generations following that never got the taste of what that was like at its best.

I dont think we'll touch that, having said that I was unable to attend the AEK game through work but my wife said she'd heard nothing like the noise from ER - and that was at Abbeyhill.

DC_Hibs
18-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Get the team coming out to this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R0NWL0Ff_k

Works every home game that I go to in Deutschland.

I'm sure the club said that existing East stand season ticket holders get first pick of seats in the new east so hopefully that will help.... although theres not a lot of noise coming out of the east or other stans currently!

the happy hibee
18-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I read that as YMCA for some reason. :faf: Needless to say that wouldn't do the east stand machos reputation much good.
Thats true mate:faf:

the happy hibee
18-01-2010, 08:04 PM
T'was indeed. That and the bounce are one where the crowd are as one thats what it should be all about all IMO - shoulder to shoulder with Hibees pride. Probably a policy against it tho' restricting other peoples views.
FFS.

Thankfully I had the privilege of standing on the terracing to experience that, the sways and singing in the rain at Tynie with Archiegoal the Jinx Buster.

I feel sorry for the generations following that never got the taste of what that was like at its best.

I dont think we'll touch that, having said that I was unable to attend the AEK game through work but my wife said she'd heard nothing like the noise from ER - and that was at Abbeyhill.
Spot on you always had that feeling of togetherness when we sung it all hibs fans all as one great days :thumbsup: