PDA

View Full Version : Chap Who Was Thrown Out

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2010, 03:43 PM
I was in the shabby part of the Fair Play stand, the bit with no legroom, when I noted police and stewards throwing out the most unlikely looking chap. He remained calm throughout, reasonably stated his case, then left, despite the fact that the girl with him was very upset with the police/stewards.

Any idea why he was ejected? It seemed, on the surface, to be unreasonale behaviour by the stewards/police.

AugustaHibs
17-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Left or right side? Lower Or upper?

Toaods
17-01-2010, 03:53 PM
that's a guy called Jim McLean....you may remember him, used to be their manager.

:tee hee:

CapitalHibs
17-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Left or right side? Lower Or upper?

"Out" I believe.

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 03:57 PM
that's a guy called Jim McLean....you may remember him, used to be their manager.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvYjiKZhIu4&feature=related

:greengrin

silverhibee
17-01-2010, 04:24 PM
I was in the shabby part of the Fair Play stand, the bit with no legroom, when I noted police and stewards throwing out the most unlikely looking chap. He remained calm throughout, reasonably stated his case, then left, despite the fact that the girl with him was very upset with the police/stewards.

Any idea why he was ejected? It seemed, on the surface, to be unreasonale behaviour by the stewards/police.

Seen that as well, the guy was calm as you say but the female seemed very upset, did hear her say to the police that there were loads of fans being racist in the crowd, maybe he was embarrassed by something he said and was regretting it while he stood at the stairs with the police.

MrRobot
17-01-2010, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvYjiKZhIu4&feature=related

:greengrin
Saw this video from that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzGktr-nOU&feature=player_embedded

:greengrin Ah dunno.

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 04:45 PM

The guy was my father and the girl was my sister Police are a disgrace!

I'm_cabbaged
17-01-2010, 04:46 PM
The guy was my father and the girl was my sister Police are a disgrace!

Spill then.

Sylar
17-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Noticed the police stopped someone getting into the ground, because he was deemed to be too drunk.

Quite right, as the idiot could barely stand up.

invisible man
17-01-2010, 04:50 PM

The pie stand was closed during half time and the guy was ranting and raving to a steward about having paid £25 to get in and not being able to get something to eat. His language was colourful and when he was told by the steward to stop swearing or he would be ejected, he told him to f off. The police were present by this time and the steward asked them to throw him oot. He made his way up to the stand followed by the police and it looked to me that he was told either leave or get lifted.

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 04:54 PM
The pie stand was closed during half time and the guy was ranting and raving to a steward about having paid £25 to get in and not being able to get something to eat. His language was colourful and when he was told by the steward to stop swearing or he would be ejected, he told him to f off. The police were present by this time and the steward asked them to throw him oot. He made his way up to the stand followed by the police and it looked to me that he was told either leave or get lifted.

you've got it completely wrong actually my dad went down for something to eat with my sister and he was told there was no pies left etc .. then he was havin banter with some of the catering staff sayin a paid 25 quid to get in and no hot off sum stadium this is and they just laughed and then the girl with the glasses nearly shut the shutters down and nearly caught his fingers then he went what u do that for then she started using language against him then the steward came over and blamed my father thats when it all started then tayside's finest (wan**rs) threw him out! and my sister was going to but she was just caring and very upset about my dad so get yer story straight pal before you tell it!

Toaods
17-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Quite right, as the idiot could barely stand up.

exclusive pic here...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03VT5sMfIe62B/610x.jpg

sorry big man, couldnae resist..:cool2:

Cameron1875
17-01-2010, 05:10 PM
exclusive pic here...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...Ie62B/610x.jpg (http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03VT5sMfIe62B/610x.jpg)

HUTCHYHIBBY
17-01-2010, 05:12 PM
"a paid 25 quid to get in and no hot off some stadium this is" if somebody said that to me I'd be chuckling away in bemusement too!

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 05:13 PM
exclusive pic here...

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03VT5sMfIe62B/610x.jpg

:faf::faf: Now thats funny. :top marks

tony higgins
17-01-2010, 05:21 PM
you've got it completely wrong actually my dad went down for something to eat with my sister and he was told there was no pies left etc .. then he was havin banter with some of the catering staff sayin a paid 25 quid to get in and no hot off sum stadium this is and they just laughed and then the girl with the glasses nearly shut the shutters down and nearly caught his fingers then he went what u do that for then she started using language against him then the steward came over and blamed my father thats when it all started then tayside's finest (wan**rs) threw him out! and my sister was going to but she was just caring and very upset about my dad so get yer story straight pal before you tell it!

Wee bit of customer care all round might have helped.
Why are so many female catering and bar staff nippy sweeties, sorry ladies but its true.

Wotherspiniesta
17-01-2010, 05:24 PM

So she nearly slammed the shutters down on his hand, he asked "why did you do that".... and she started swearing at him?

Sylar
17-01-2010, 05:31 PM
So she nearly slammed the shutters down on his hand, he asked "why did you do that".... and she started swearing at him?

Glad it wasn't just me....

invisible man
17-01-2010, 06:09 PM

I wasn't completely wrong although there was obviously more to the incident than I saw. If I caused any offence then please accept my apologies.

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 06:09 PM

yeah then the steward said she he started on her first and then the steward got him chucked out:confused:

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 06:11 PM
I wasn't completely wrong although there was obviously more to the incident than I saw. If I caused any offence then please accept my apologies.

not your fault mate. i got on my high horse sorry aswell you only said what you seen

greenlex
17-01-2010, 06:12 PM

yeah then the steward said she he started on her first and then the steward got him chucked out:confused:
Sounds classy. Was she from a chicken farm near Cupar Angus? :greengrin

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 06:14 PM

think she was from a Kennel near tannadice

can't be sure though

basehibby
17-01-2010, 06:25 PM

Surprise! Football fan makes perfectly valid complaint only to get launched by little Hitler security staff shock!

Sounds to me like the steward was basically a bully looking for an excuse to flex his muscles - with the Police being willing accomplices :grr::grr::grr:

It's sad that your dad was basically treated like a criminal for having the audacity to complain about the pish poor catering services which are the norm around football grounds. It's probably the caterers themselves who should be arrested for the criminal prices routinely charged for the garbage masquerading as food at most stadia. :grr:

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 06:40 PM

Touche! And it's Coupar Angus.

Leemc - I think a lot of stewards like the fact that they can chuck people out of the ground for the slightest thing, just a power trip imo.

greenlex
17-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Touche! And it's Coupar Angus.

Leemc - I think a lot of stewards like the fact that they can chuck people out of the ground for the slightest thing, just a power trip imo.
Ah. As in Cowp? :greengrin

johnrebus
17-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Seldom attend an away game these days because football fans - especially away fans - are, and always have been treated as some kind of sub culture.

It seems to be a great excuse for minor officials - namely stewards and police officers to take their live's frustration out on others, with little or no fear of any comeback.

:boo hoo:

col02
17-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Doubt I will be going back to Tannadice as it is a shambles of a ground. Stewards stand in front of you and when asked politely to move get all nippy saying where else am I meant to stand. Do they really think standing in front of a couple thousand fans five minutes from the end is going to prevent any trouble? The place shows no respect to visiting fans and this is in the way they admit you to the ground, their poor seating facilities, awful catering facilities and also the poor view of the match. I also am left wondering how safe the fair play stand is in concerns to any potential fire risk. If it takes a few hundred people leaving the game several minutes to shuffle along a tiny corridor into a narrow staircase what would happen in the event of an accident?

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Doubt I will be going back to Tannadice as it is a shambles of a ground. Stewards stand in front of you and when asked politely to move get all nippy saying where else am I meant to stand. Do they really think standing in front of a couple thousand fans five minutes from the end is going to prevent any trouble? The place shows no respect to visiting fans and this is in the way they admit you to the ground, their poor seating facilities, awful catering facilities and also the poor view of the match. I also am left wondering how safe the fair play stand is in concerns to any potential fire risk. If it takes a few hundred people leaving the game several minutes to shuffle along a tiny corridor into a narrow staircase what would happen in the event of an accident?

Don't sit near the front then. :greengrin

greenlex
17-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Noticed the stewards at Goodison yesterday. They were actually lying on the grass at the side of the pitch during the last few minutes. :top marks

col02
17-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Don't sit near the front then. :greengrin

Where else was I supposed to sit? After waiting almost 20 minutes to get thru the turnstile there was not exactly many seats left. Like I said doubt I will be going back as it is one of my least favourite away grounds. Even Dens is a better away ground to visit from memory imho.

McD
17-01-2010, 07:16 PM

I remember the main stand (wooden pink thing) at tynie being like this when attending the st johnstone semi in 2007. I'd never set foot in tynie before (or since, took me weeks to get the dirty feeling out my system), and it struck me as a complete deathtrap! Between that and worrying abt putting your foot through the floor due to woodrot, I can really see why the yams are pushing this shiny new stand through really quick........naw, wait a minute, I've missed something here......

Lofarl
17-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Anyone else see the young lad fall through the catering door before K.O? Was brilliant:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anyway he wisnae kicked out. Even though it looked like he'd had a few to many. I gotta admit the stewards there are a joke. You spot the wee bald twit patrolling the grass at our stand with his wee feet shuffling about like he owned the place.

Oh and chucking more and more people into the lower tier wisnae a H&S issue either. Nor is that tiny wee door for an exit.

Kaiser_Sauzee
17-01-2010, 07:36 PM

So your Dad basically did NOTHING? Not one swear word? No raised voices? Just banter?

He did not deserve this treatment. :bitchy:

HibbyKeith

Seen all that unfold, i was lucky enough to get a seat about 4 rows from the front where the steward wasnt in my way (must have been you sitting half a dozen seats to my right), seem to recall you having it out the the police officer present there also, and you telling him the steward should be sitting down there (pointing to the gravel track) :greengrin

as we were leaving the ground an older guy infront of me was talking about how poor a stadium it is for access, and what would happen in the event of a accident/fire, have to agree with you both tbh. dont see why we couldnt be put in the stand behind the goals.

ronaldo7
We got into the ground at 2.50 and went straight to the catering facilities:rolleyes: only to find out they had run out of pies:boo hoo: We had the chance to get a pie up at the boozer but decided to wait.

How can a catering firm run out of pies BEFORE the game:grr:

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Where else was I supposed to sit? After waiting almost 20 minutes to get thru the turnstile there was not exactly many seats left. Like I said doubt I will be going back as it is one of my least favourite away grounds. Even Dens is a better away ground to visit from memory imho.

Just joshing with you about sitting down the front. I don't understand why they can't kneel down tbh.

With regard to the stand you were in. I would doubt that it doesn't meet H&S standards as it was only built in the last 20 odd years.

col02
17-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Seen all that unfold, i was lucky enough to get a seat about 4 rows from the front where the steward wasnt in my way (must have been you sitting half a dozen seats to my right), seem to recall you having it out the the police officer present there also, and you telling him the steward should be sitting down there (pointing to the gravel track) :greengrin

as we were leaving the ground an older guy infront of me was talking about how poor a stadium it is for access, and what would happen in the event of a accident/fire, have to agree with you both tbh. dont see why we couldnt be put in the stand behind the goals.

Was the guy in front of me in the very front row speaking to the policeman and steward. Was no swearing or anything from the guy but he was just met with total ignorance and disdain. The lack of respect we are shown by people that are there for our supposed safety baffles belief it really does.

Alex Trager
17-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Sory if this has been mentioned butwhat happend with the boy just below the media place. Everyone was shouting for a medic it seemed anyway?

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 08:02 PM
We got into the ground at 2.50 and went straight to the catering facilities:rolleyes: only to find out they had run out of pies:boo hoo: We had the chance to get a pie up at the boozer but decided to wait.

How can a catering firm run out of pies BEFORE the game:grr:
I got into the stadium at quarter past three and managed to get one, unlucky :greengrin

ronaldo7
17-01-2010, 08:18 PM
I got into the stadium at quarter past three and managed to get one, unlucky :greengrin

You or me:dunno::a bite:

jdships
17-01-2010, 08:21 PM

Agree with all you write !
Yesterday was the first time I had been in D Utd ground for around six/seven years and it is nothing short of a "tip".
At my advanced years I am not so quick on my feet as I was and that corridor is a disaster waiting to happen should anyone fall

:rolleyes:

hfc1875x
17-01-2010, 08:28 PM
The guy was drunk, I had the pleasure of being beside him ...his language was foul every 2nd word was f or c he was oblivious to all the kids around him including my 8 year old daughter. Good riddance to the foul mouth man. You should be really proud of your Dad .....NOT.

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 08:37 PM
The guy was drunk, I had the pleasure of being beside him ...his language was foul every 2nd word was f or c he was oblivious to all the kids around him including my 8 year old daughter. Good riddance to the foul mouth man. You should be really proud of your Dad .....NOT.

he wasn't drunk ye t*t! every second word hmm am sure he went am away to the toilet son... where was the swear word there .. yeah he was swearing so was the 6 or 7 people beside him including me so why don't you moan at them also also half whit

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 08:39 PM
he wasn't drunk ye t*t! every second word hmm am sure he went am away to the toilet son... where was the swear word there .. yeah he was swearing so was the 6 or 7 people beside him including me so why don't you moan at them also also half whit

and the C word is a word a heard a few times and i told him to shut it cause i hate that word he used it once or twice but so did bout 4 or 5 people
but that is a word i hate very much!!

so do u want a ban on swearin at games?

hfc1875x
17-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Look sony Jim, a heard him with my own ears, why would I lie ? Your proud father was swearing like a trooper,more so than his friends around him. It was no surprise he was kicked out. Made our 2nd half a little more enjoyable than listening to his foul mouth. I'm only telling it how I heard, and saw it. Sorry if the truth hurts.....maybe you don't notice his swearing, maybe your accustomed to it.

ronaldo7
17-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Look sony Jim, a heard him with my own ears, why would I lie ? Your proud father was swearing like a trooper,more so than his friends around him. It was no surprise he was kicked out. Made our 2nd half a little more enjoyable than listening to his foul mouth. I'm only telling it how I heard, and saw it. Sorry if the truth hurts.....maybe you don't notice his swearing, maybe your accustomed to it.

So did the guy Walk man:greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
17-01-2010, 08:47 PM
So did the guy Walk man:greengrin

:faf:

Judas Iscariot

Oh dear lord!

Surely not a drunken man swearing at the football :grr:

Perhaps a Saturday trip to the theatre would be more suitable for yourself :cool2:

hfc1875x
and the C word is a word a heard a few times and i told him to shut it cause i hate that word he used it once or twice but so did bout 4 or 5 people
but that is a word i hate very much!!

so do u want a ban on swearin at games?

Not at all but maybe a family section at away games would be appropriate. Maybe your Dad should be a little more aware of his surroundings in the future. Maybe tone it down a bit if there are kids about.

Lmc2105
17-01-2010, 08:49 PM

you sure you were at the right game people that were beside us every1 was swearing you plank! ano what he is like at the football and i do tell him to calm down but look pal if you cani take a little bit foul mouth why don't you sit in the end your not supporting it's people like you who i can't stand people let a little emotion out and get shot down for it what bout the fight that nearly broke out over a argueent over riordan did you hear them swearing?

i was glad to cause all he doen was slagged me bout a liverpool score so second half was peacful for me 2 but am happy you enjoyed the 2nd half

Sergey
17-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Sorry, but I'm closing this thread before infractions and warnings are issued.

It's only going one way and there will be no winners.