PDA

View Full Version : Hibs V Hearts fans: Rivals4Charity press release

Mister P
17-01-2010, 01:11 PM
HIBS FANS DOING IT FOR THEMSELVES!

Rivals4Charity is the annual charity football match contested between rival squads of Hibs and Hearts fans.

Every year the organisers source a coaching team and dozens of applicants are put through their paces in a bid to secure their place in the final squad. This is a no holds barred game where the word ‘friendly’ doesn’t exist, and the coaching staff have to make sure only the most able bodies are selected.

Organiser for the Hibs half of things, John Pryde, had this to say;
“This is an amazing event which only grows in interest and quality every year”.
“ I’m proud to boast that Hibs have won the trophy 3 out of the four years we’ve been running, and the event itself has raised just over £40,100 for local Edinburgh based charities “.
I’d like to extend a huge thanks to our head coach of the past two years, Fraser Ogalvie, who unfortunately cannot take on the task this year due to other football and family commitments. Everyone at ‘Rivals’ wishes him all the best and hope to see him again in future years!” By the same token, I’d like to say a huge thanks to Tam Shields who has agreed to take on the coaching role this year. Tam has assisted Fraser over the past two events and was himself Fraser’s coach at Lothian Thistle. Tam has also coached Hibernian Ladies and Tranent Juniors to name just a few, so I know he’s more than up to the task”.
An online application form will be live on our website very soon for any potential players who’d like to try out for the squad.

This years game is scheduled to take place on Sunday 30th May at Spartans Academy.
For more information on this years game please register at our website at www.rivals4charity.co.uk

The selected benefactor this year was chosen by a different method than the previous years. This year we invited people registered on our website to vote which of the 3 charities they would like to see the benefits being passed on to.
MSTC received 45% of the vote, while Asthma UK (Scotland) was very close behind with 43%, Cash For Kids received 12% of your vote.
Congratulations to Multiple Sclerosis Therapy Centre, however Asthma UK and Cash For Kids will not lose out, we decided that the winning charity will receive 80% of the monies raised from the match and the other 2 charities will receive 10% each, so everyone’s a winner.
To view a small highlights program from last years match, please visit this link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2PKnRHmz-o)

Mister P
17-01-2010, 09:20 PM
any chance of a sticky please admin?