PDA

View Full Version : The Everton Example.

Expecting Rain
17-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Another team who didn`t quite get the results they were looking for when losing key players but how they have bounced back in recent weeks, their attitude, commitment and work rate off the ball was exceptional against a highly talented Man City team, Hibs have to apply the same logic, we don`t have to win games in the first 60 or 70 minutes, we just need to compete to lay the basics for more victories, there`s plenty of talent at the club that is not in dispute but the application has to be the same as, if not more than our opponents.

heretoday
17-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Everton are on the up again. Suddenly all seems possible - the Europa Cup and the FA Cup are realistic targets again.

Scorrie
17-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Another team who didn`t quite get the results they were looking for when losing key players but how they have bounced back in recent weeks, their attitude, commitment and work rate off the ball was exceptional against a highly talented Man City team, Hibs have to apply the same logic, we don`t have to win games in the first 60 or 70 minutes, we just need to compete to lay the basics for more victories, there`s plenty of talent at the club that is not in dispute but the application has to be the same as, if not more than our opponents.

I mentioned this on another thread. Not just cos I follow Everton either but their attitude is 1st class. all the players work hard for each other. They arent the most talented bunch but they are honest and Moyes is clear in what he looks for in a player; that Donovan is a classic example of a Moyes type player and could be one to watch in the world cup. Hughes could do a lot worse than to get his players to watch a video of the Everton - Man City game

sesoim
17-01-2010, 04:53 PM
With another manager Everton would probably have went down. They are a big club, but it was heading that way around 2002. I don't understand why they seem to have less money than other teams with similar crowds, its a pity as with a few extra million each year Moyes could really have made an impact. I think he'll have to leave within a couple of years if he wants to win the big trophies somewhere.