PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointing but signs of Improvement

Wellbankhibby
17-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Although recent results have been dissapointing I feel we are slowly improving there is a wee bit more dig than in recent years. We still have some weak links but hopefully Yogi can wheel and deal and get rid of the dead wood and replace with a comanding Centre back and an attacking Full back the likes of Big John Browlie. We are still without a doubt on our day the best footballing side in Scotland. Lets continue to get behind the Yogi, Ricey and all the lads. I am positive we can still finish in third place at the worst.:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 08:41 AM
Although recent results have been dissapointing I feel we are slowly improving there is a wee bit more dig than in recent years. We still have some weak links but hopefully Yogi can wheel and deal and get rid of the dead wood and replace with a comanding Centre back and an attacking Full back the likes of Big John Browlie. We are still without a doubt on our day the best footballing side in Scotland. Lets continue to get behind the Yogi, Ricey and all the lads. I am positive we can still finish in third place at the worst.:thumbsup:

Well said, :top marks:top marks :agree::agree: FFS 3 weeks ago people were still saying we were in the race for the title.

drumatic44
17-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Have to agree with the above, the best I was realistically hoping for was a draw. When you visit the land of giants with a band of midgets that's what you get.!! Even with two of their giants out (Kenneth and Wilkie) we could not compete on the physical side. With Bamba out and Nish awkward rather than intimidating, we offered very little on that side of things.
How about Murray for defensive mid. (a la Matty Jack/Pat McGinley)
Also if McBride and Zemmama have niggling injuries would it not be better to get them totally sorted and giving one of the young ones a try rather than getting half an hour here and there from them. Just a thought.
But hey ho mes amis GLASS HALF FULL.

Expecting Rain
17-01-2010, 08:54 AM
I agree with all the posts, we`ve hit a sticky patch and that is down to injuries to key players and also the loss of Bamba, we`ll bounce back in the challenge for 3rd place.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 09:00 AM
I agree with all the posts, we`ve hit a sticky patch and that is down to injuries to key players and also the loss of Bamba, we`ll bounce back in the challenge for 3rd place.

Exactly. Its no surprise we are not getting results like we did, when Bamba is not here, the best centre half in the SPL. Murray covering for him in the middle, has not helped Riordan one bit. And the loss of McBride who has been pivotal in the way we have played, has been a big loss too. All these players will be back soon hopefully, couple that with a couple of new signings, :pray: and we should get back on track.

hibiedude
17-01-2010, 09:25 AM
Exactly. Its no surprise we are not getting results like we did, when Bamba is not here, the best centre half in the SPL. Murray covering for him in the middle, has not helped Riordan one bit. And the loss of McBride who has been pivotal in the way we have played, has been a big loss too. All these players will be back soon hopefully, couple that with a couple of new signings, :pray: and we should get back on track.

Some good points there BH, all good teams start at the back with a decent Goalie and Defenders, we now have that with Smith and Bamba is sorely missed. R01rdan has looked lost over the past month. We also need to ditch some of the players 5-6 in my opinion who are clearly not good enough. We all know who they are but Yogi is the manager so lets hope he sees it the same way the fans do.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Some good points there BH, all good teams start at the back with a decent Goalie and Defence, we now have that with Smith and Bamba is sorely missed. R01rdan has looked lost over the past month. We also need to ditch some of the players 5-6 in my opinion who are clearly not good enough. We all know who they are but Yogi is the manager so lets hope he sees it the same way the fans do.

Yes we do need to replace a number of players, and will do i'm sure. Even though we know this, we have done better than anyone expected, and win the game in hand, and we are 3rd, yet the knives are out, wrists are being slit, and we are in danger of slipping out the top 6. :faf: What makes me laugh, is the very folk making these statements, were the same people defending Mixu, and some clearly did not want Yogi, and cant give him credit for what he's done so far, only stick when we dont win.:confused:

Scorrie
17-01-2010, 09:33 AM

Spot on. We have to remember that Yogi is still building a team. Let's see what the transfer window brings. The one thing for me thought was that when Yogi started, he talked about players winning thier "personal battles" to win games. That needs to be restated and i'm sure that will characterise the players he will bring in. A good example is Everton; they work hard all over the pitch and a lot can be learned from Moyes' approach and the players he brings in

hibiedude
17-01-2010, 09:41 AM
Yes we do need to replace a number of players, and will do i'm sure. Even though we know this, we have done better than anyone expected, and win the game in hand, and we are 3rd, yet the knives are out, wrists are being slit, and we are in danger of slipping out the top 6. :faf: What makes me laugh, is the very folk making these statements, were the same people defending Mixu, and some clearly did not want Yogi, and cant give him credit for what he's done so far, only stick when we dont win.:confused:

Yogi is clearly the man to take us forward as for wrist slitters it's a bit early for that. The game next week against Hamilton will give us the chance to put right and thats us getting back on track and picking up points.

The game in Hand against St Johnstone not sure when its being played will give us a chance at taking 3rd spot back.