PDA

View Full Version : Is all this honestly nescessary?

Jones28
17-01-2010, 01:55 AM
As Hibs have only lost 4 games this season, I don't understand all these threads about how bad we are.
A mid-season slump, a drop in performance, is all this is.
We were beaten today by a united side who were hungrier and more passionate than Hibs, and ON THAT BASIS they deserved the win IMO.
Yogi will sort this out, we have a very winnable game in hand against St Johnston which will see us go third again :agree:

hibsdaft
17-01-2010, 01:58 AM
a voice of reason.

:agree:

Gatecrasher
17-01-2010, 01:59 AM
As Hibs have only lost 4 games this season, I don't understand all these threads about how bad we are.
We were beaten today by a united side who were hungrier and more passionate than Hibs, and ON THAT BASIS they deserved the win IMO.
Yogi will sort this out, we have a very winnable game in hand against St Johnston which will see us go third again :agree:
:top marks

Compared to the last 2 seasons this is a walk in the park.

bigstu
17-01-2010, 02:00 AM
the problem is weve under achieved, theres hardly any games we've actually played well in. We've all glossed over it for a while but now people are realising we're not that good. I still have faith in yogi though hail hail

bigstu
17-01-2010, 02:01 AM
:top marks

Compared to the last 2 seasons this is a walk in the park.
theres been a much larger investment in the squad. We have good players, we should be doing better!

NOLA
17-01-2010, 02:26 AM
I think we have lucked ourselves into this position, yes it's a clear improvement on what we had last season, but we are still a long way from being a good team, how many games this season have we won/drawn while playing badly? true, last season we would have lost those games, but it shows that for the signings of Stokes and Miller, we would be sitting 5th or 6th, we have had 2 good halfs against UTD, 1 against the buns, and the 2 well games, in which we only turned it on in the 2nd, Saint J should have beaten us in the league game, scraped a win against 9 men with 8 mins to go, dodgy pen got us a win V killie, I think Hughes has a big job turning our form around.

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2010, 03:07 AM
Agree :top marks

Rory89
17-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Hibs will play crap for the rest of the season and scrape the points together to finish 3rd of 4th.

We'll end up happy with our league position imo, but we'll still have to admit it's only down to a lack of other good teams after the Old Firm.

scoopyboy
17-01-2010, 08:00 AM
the problem is weve under achieved, theres hardly any games we've actually played well in. We've all glossed over it for a while but now people are realising we're not that good. I still have faith in yogi though hail hail

Should that not be over achieved?

If you are saying we have more points than our play merits then we have over achieved.

Nevertheless I agree we haven't played well that often.

matty_f
17-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Should that not be over achieved?

If you are saying we have more points than our play merits then we have over achieved.

Nevertheless I agree we haven't played well that often.

We've played very well in fits and starts, but we need to get a run of good performances AND results soon, otherwise a very promising start to the season will be lost.

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-01-2010, 12:38 PM

All of that may very well be true, but yesterday was the first game after the shape up or get shipped out comments that yogi made midweek and I would guess that first half performance was not the reaction he was looking for.