PDA

View Full Version : Question What was your opinion when yogi was confirmed and manager

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2010, 11:44 PM
What did people think when he was appionted because i can't realy imagen anyone would have been unhappy with 4th at this point of the season.

Mine was that we would have another average season and the main reason he was appoited was because he played for us.

For all the moaning that goes on on here we are doing very well and did go on a 12 game unbeaten run incase you all forgot.

Most of you have said we are playing badly witch we are and i belive we need a few 3-0 4-1 4-0 results like we had under mowbray jusst to get a bit of a flow going.

Kato
16-01-2010, 11:47 PM
no, we need a bit of flow going to get 3-0 4-1 4-0 results

Riordans Boots
16-01-2010, 11:54 PM
What did people think when he was appionted because i can't realy imagen anyone would have been unhappy with 4th at this point of the season.

Mine was that we would have another average season and the main reason he was appoited was because he played for us.

For all the moaning that goes on on here we are doing very well and did go on a 12 game unbeaten run incase you all forgot.

Most of you have said we are playing badly witch we are and i belive we need a few 3-0 4-1 4-0 results like we had under mowbray jusst to get a bit of a flow going.

Have you got the bar open :cool2:

And yes, I was delighted when he was appointed and still am happy Yogi is the Hibs manager :agree:

MWHIBBIES
16-01-2010, 11:57 PM
Have you got the bar open :cool2:

And yes, I was delighted when he was appointed and still am happy Yogi is the Hibs manager :agree:
Holy **** we have found the rare HAPPY HIBBEE :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
16-01-2010, 11:58 PM
I was a bit "meh" when Yogi was appointed. I was looking for something different. Jim Gannon appealed to me. My how I was wrong.
Yogi has been a breathe of fresh air. He just needs to play Deeks in the right position now

hibees_green
17-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Nonchalant.

Happy now.

Riordans Boots
17-01-2010, 12:32 AM
I was a bit "meh" when Yogi was appointed. I was looking for something different. Jim Gannon appealed to me. My how I was wrong.
Yogi has been a breathe of fresh air. He just needs to play Deeks in the right position now

:agree:

jon_snows_tie
17-01-2010, 02:42 AM
dont post on this often but by far the worst thread i have ever seen on this forum. What are you trying to do? gather opinions of disappointment of yogi's appointment so you can say "i told you so" when he fails?

i was at the game today and all i seen was a team that wanted it more than us. Like the rangers team that beat them 7-1 a few weeks ago. As agreed by my non supporting hibee mate who was also shocked at the level of "support" we gave our team.

33 points from 19 games, 2 points of 3rd with a game in hand when all we could of asked for this season is an improvement on last?

i hate to criticise fellow hibs fans but does this thread not just make us look as bad as the yams when we dig into them when they loose every week?

brightons hibby
17-01-2010, 02:58 AM
I thought that it was a great appointment.(still do).:thumbsup:
Give yogi time. We are a better team than last year and the quality of players have inproved. Yes some players need to move on, but it won't happen over night.:notworthy:

Marabou Stork
17-01-2010, 02:59 AM
Holy motorchrist.

Step away from the cooking sherry my man.

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2010, 03:05 AM
dont post on this often but by far the worst thread i have ever seen on this forum. What are you trying to do? gather opinions of disappointment of yogi's appointment so you can say "i told you so" when he fails?

i was at the game today and all i seen was a team that wanted it more than us. Like the rangers team that beat them 7-1 a few weeks ago. As agreed by my non supporting hibee mate who was also shocked at the level of "support" we gave our team.

33 points from 19 games, 2 points of 3rd with a game in hand when all we could of asked for this season is an improvement on last?

i hate to criticise fellow hibs fans but does this thread not just make us look as bad as the yams when we dig into them when they loose every week?
I was actualy starting this thread because i like yogi and alot of moaning going on on here because of a few bad results and performances and you also make that i want him to fail meening i want hibs to fail witch is definatly not the case.

Rory89
17-01-2010, 05:38 AM
Thought Yogi would be the type of manager that's great when we get a few results together and all is well, but incapable of turning it round when we have an inevitable bad patch (only thought this because of what happened when he was at Falkirk).

The next few weeks will prove whether I am right or hopefully wrong.

Petrie's Tache
17-01-2010, 05:44 AM
Thought Yogi would be the type of manager that's great when we get a few results together and all is well, but incapable of turning it round when we have an inevitable bad patch (only thought this because of what happened when he was at Falkirk).

Hindsight is 20/20 eh?:rolleyes:

Rory89
17-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Hindsight is 20/20 eh?:rolleyes:

Eh?

That's genuinely what I said at the time. I don't know you so you can claim I'm making it up, but really I did think at the time he had good spells at Falkirk but was incapable of turning a bad run of form round and nearly got them relegated.

Maybe that won't be the case at Hibs, fingers crossed.

Petrie's Tache
17-01-2010, 05:52 AM
Eh?

That's genuinely what I said at the time. I don't know you so you can claim I'm making it up, but really I did think at the time he had good spells at Falkirk but was incapable of turning a bad run of form round and nearly got them relegated.

Maybe that won't be the case at Hibs, fingers crossed.

Also in to the scottish cup final!

Rory89
17-01-2010, 05:57 AM
Also in to the scottish cup final!

Yes, what's that got to do with my opinion of Yogi when he took over Hibs?

You seem to be thinking I thought Yogi would be crap, I just thought he didn't have a good record of taking Falkirk out of sticky patches. If he gets us winning games after this by all means give me a big GIRUY, I'll happily take it.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Happy when we got him, and more than happy we got him now. :thumbsup:

hibiedude
17-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Whe we got Yogi I was over the Moon and nothing has changed one off the best young managers around

JE89
17-01-2010, 10:47 AM
I wanted Venus, but really just to hopefully relive the Mowbray type football which in truth probably wouldn't have happened. I was sceptical (sp?) of Hughes' appointment, mainly because of his 'smiling' to the West stand in that Falkirk game which was played like a derby.
When he was appointed and I heard him talk about the job ahead, I was pretty pleased and he has pleasantly surprised me.
In hindsight I think he definately was the right man for the job, he has made a great start and made some sensational signings. Definately the right man to take the Cabbage forward :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
17-01-2010, 10:48 AM
DEEEEEEELIGHTED

In yogi we trust:thumbsup:

bobbyhibs1983
17-01-2010, 12:05 PM

I think the only things you can say when looking from one season to the next, in your example this season compared to lat season, is how many points did we have after 19 games last season? have we won more games at this stage than last season?scored more? conceced(sp) less.

With reagrds to the O.P question on what my thoguhts are on how i felt when yogi was appointed i was unsure.
i was unsure because his last team nearly were releagted the season before, but got to a final.

I understand people will say he s a hibs fan,/played for hibs etc but how much does a managers fav team matter as long as there are doing a good job?

Jim44
17-01-2010, 12:09 PM

.........John Collins anyone?.........

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 12:12 PM
.........John Collins anyone?.........

kerr, gatheussi, courier, chisholm, donaldson, makalamby. Just 6 reasons that wont happen under Hughes.

PISTOL1875
17-01-2010, 12:15 PM
kerr, gatheussi, courier, chisholm, donaldson, makalamby. Just 6 reasons that wont happen under Hughes.

Nouboussie. 7 reasons...

PISTOL1875
17-01-2010, 12:16 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :agree::agree::agree::agree:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Nouboussie. 7 reasons...

8 Tommy Craig.

cad
17-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Yogis been great since he came just got to sort a few things out ,which will take a bit of time ,this time next year see where we are .
My only gripe is players played out of position and players not given a chance when some guys seem to get an automatic slot while contributing very little ,Byrne , Galbraith ,Cregg ,even Thicot must think they can do better than some guys who are given the jersey over the last 6 weeks
Never met a Hibby yet who didn't like a moan , me included .:wink:

Bearders
17-01-2010, 12:41 PM

Total agreement - he knows what he needs to do and where he wants to take the Club........we just need to be patient. Difficult I know as we all want overnight success but I have a feeling that Hampden will be a sea of green and white come May 2010 - and it wont be the smelly ones.:thumbsup:

jon_snows_tie
17-01-2010, 03:32 PM
I was actualy starting this thread because i like yogi and alot of moaning going on on here because of a few bad results and performances and you also make that i want him to fail meening i want hibs to fail witch is definatly not the case.

Then i apoligise :hnet:

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Happy and still happy.

PISTOL1875
17-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Total agreement - he knows what he needs to do and where he wants to take the Club........we just need to be patient. Difficult I know as we all want overnight success but I have a feeling that Hampden will be a sea of green and white come May 2010 - and it wont be the smelly ones.:thumbsup:

We do need to be patient with Hughes.. It will take at least a season to bring the type of players that Yogi wants.. These things dont happen overnight.. Levien done a great job at Dundee United but it took a couple of seasons before it clicked into place..

Yeh we aren't playing the best at the moment but look at the positives:

1. We are 4th in the league and we have a game in hand over United.
2. We are a million miles from where we were last season...
3. Hughes has brought the feel good factor back to us...
4. The players want to play for him..

Yesterday was pish but we aren't going to play brilliant every week are we ??

Speedway
17-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I thought to myself, 'I bet that pillock will make some surprise signings in the summer, take us on a 13 match unbeaten run and then put in a pish performance at Tannadump in the New Year to lose us third spot in the league'

Imagine my surprise....

Cropley10
17-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Sorry I don't understand the question. Do you mean 'as manager'?:confused:

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Sorry I don't understand the question. Do you mean 'as manager'?:confused:Yeh is was kinda a then and now opinion of him because for all the moaning that goes on on here we are doing well.

3pm
17-01-2010, 05:44 PM
Not fussed either way when he got the job. Think he's OK now, can still do better. Not a massive fan as I have eluded to in another thread but hope he obviously does well.

cannastar
17-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Born to do the job.:thumbsup:

greenlex
17-01-2010, 05:54 PM
I wanted someone with more experience but am pleasantly surprised with both the signings he has made and the progress as a team. Could move to plan B quicker at times but onwards and upwards.

iwasthere1972
17-01-2010, 06:02 PM
To be completely truthful I was gutted when I heard the news of Yogi's appointment as Ryedale Avenue had convinced me and hundreds more on this board that Jim Gannon was the only name in the frame. :agree:

Six months on and I have to say that Yogi is the man. It's his first season, we are 4th in the league, still 6 points and a game in hand above the Yams and still on course for a European spot. Dare I mention the Scottish Cup as well.

:notworthy: :notworthy:

PISTOL1875
17-01-2010, 06:13 PM
I wanted someone with more experience but am pleasantly surprised with both the signings he has made and the progress as a team. Could move to plan B quicker at times but onwards and upwards.

That has to be his biggest problem..

Sir David Gray
17-01-2010, 06:18 PM
I think the only things you can say when looking from one season to the next, in your example this season compared to lat season, is how many points did we have after 19 games last season? have we won more games at this stage than last season?scored more? conceced(sp) less.

With reagrds to the O.P question on what my thoguhts are on how i felt when yogi was appointed i was unsure.
i was unsure because his last team nearly were releagted the season before, but got to a final.

I understand people will say he s a hibs fan,/played for hibs etc but how much does a managers fav team matter as long as there are doing a good job?

After 19 games last season, our stats were as follows;

W-7
D-5
L-7
F-24
A-24
Pts-26
Pos-6th

5 points behind 3rd.

This season, it is;

W-9 (+2)
D-6 (+1)
L-4 (-3)
F-26 (+2)
A-16 (-8)
Pts-33 (+7)
Pos-4th (+2)

1 point behind 3rd, with a game in hand.

So we are better in every way in comparison to last season.

weonlywon6-2
17-01-2010, 06:21 PM

is it just me or are we getting a bit carried away with all this doom and gloom?

we are improving and it is not going to happen over night. teams are not letting us play which is killing the games.united played their best games for months according to their manager, so we shouldnt get to carried away.:confused:

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2010, 07:28 PM
is it just me or are we getting a bit carried away with all this doom and gloom?

we are improving and it is not going to happen over night. teams are not letting us play which is killing the games.united played their best games for months according to their manager, so we shouldnt get to carried away.:confused:
Again i did not meen this as a negitive post i like yogi and support him alot.
I know we wont be barcalona over night and dont no expect this but we are doing very well this season but i think most people will agree that we are not playing well as a team and some players need to get better or be sold.

To summerise i think yogi is the man for the job and can take us forward in time.

basehibby
17-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I was delighted when Yogi was given the nod and I've seen nothing to change that opinion - best yet to come IMO :thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
17-01-2010, 08:06 PM
I was delighted when Yogi was given the nod and I've seen nothing to change that opinion - best yet to come IMO :thumbsup:Agree:top marks