PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts - After Watching the game on BBC Alba

The Voice Of Reason
16-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I appreciate you see more off the ball stuff at the game, but here are my thoughts having just watched the game on BBC Alba :-

1. Riordan - contrary to the opinions I have read, I thought he DID try. Yes, I have seen him play better.....but I do I think Yogi was right to take Stokes off before him.

2. Didn't think there was anything between the teams. Dun Utd defend well as a team, often leaving only one man up front and are hard to break down. We don't have the pace to penetrate a stubborn defence (see point below).

3. Pace (or lack of) - it is clear that we lack pace throughout the team. In the second half despite us being on top Dun Utd looked capable of breaking at speed.....we don't appear to have enough pace in our team to do that.

4. Their goal - errors all round - Riordan pulled out of a challenge, Cregg lost Swanson (he cheated a bit and got away with it) and Hogg should definately have moved over to close Swanson down a lot quicker.

5. Graeme Smith - looks a good solid keeper......hope he keeps it up.

6. Our Midfield - dont seem to link very well with our front players (I do realise that MZ went off). There was often a big gap between our midfield and front men.

7. Nish - thought Yogi might have started with Nish to combat their height, he must have thought about it, surely.

Room for improvement all round, but if I am honest I didn't think we played as badly as some people have been saying. I think a draw would have been fair.

That's it......cheers.

monktonharp
16-01-2010, 10:19 PM
I appreciate you see more off the ball stuff at the game, but here are my thoughts having just watched the game on BBC Alba :-

1. Riordan - contrary to the opinions I have read, I thought he DID try. Yes, I have seen him play better.....but I do I think Yogi was right to take Stokes off before him.

2. Didn't think there was anything between the teams. Dun Utd defend well as a team, often leaving only one man up front and are hard to break down. We don't have the pace to penetrate a stubborn defence (see point below).

3. Pace (or lack of) - it is clear that we lack pace throughout the team. In the second half despite us being on top Dun Utd looked capable of breaking at speed.....we don't appear to have enough pace in our team to do that.

4. Their goal - errors all round - Riordan pulled out of a challenge, Cregg lost Swanson (he cheated a bit and got away with it) and Hogg should definately have moved over to close Swanson down a lot quicker.

6. Our Midfield - dont seem to link very well with our front players (I do realise that MZ went off). There was often a big gap between our midfield and front men.

7. Nish - thought Yogi might have started with Nish to combat their height, he must have thought about it, surely.

Room for improvement all round, but if I am honest I didn't think we played as badly as some people have been saying. I think a draw would have been fair.

That's it......cheers.I was there,but did not watch Alba,and I agree with almost all you say. missed the goal as Iwent for a wee-wee:grr:so cant comment on it , after the match,heard a lot of Utd fans commenting how well they defended,and that's what won it

Tricla
16-01-2010, 10:45 PM

That's it......cheers.

I think you are being very lenient. I just watched it and we were woeful. We had 39% posession according to the BBC.

hibbie02
16-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Just watched it and we were utter sheeiite in the first half. Looked much more composed in the second half, particularly in defence.

Riordan looked ****ged out by 70 mins and only stayed on because Zouma ducked out early.

In the second half we actually had control of midfield and we were on top more. However Spoony needs to look up when passing as he gave the ball away too many times.

DU were defending well for most of the second half and that made the difference.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 11:17 PM
I watched it too, and while united probably shaved it, it was not as bad as people are making out.

matty_f
16-01-2010, 11:19 PM
I watched it too, and while united probably shaved it, it was not as bad as people are making out.

:agree: Can't argue with that.

The Harp Awakes
16-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Yep, not as bad a performance as many on here are saying. If Nish or Spoony's efforts had gone in near the end and we got a 1-1, you wouldn't have got as many critical comments on the board on the performance.

Hibby 2005
16-01-2010, 11:43 PM
I watched on Alba too and feared the worst when I saw the line-up. Yogi set up his team for a draw and got what he deserved.

gorgie_harp
16-01-2010, 11:49 PM

Sorry, it was.:boo hoo:
But onwards and upwards.:agree:

Sir David Gray
16-01-2010, 11:49 PM
I haven't seen Alba but my perspective of the game was that the first half was unacceptably bad, we improved in the second half and might have got a goal from a couple of our chances but I still think Dundee Utd deserved to win overall.

We are not attacking well enough just now, the difference between both sides' attacking abilities was quite clear today. Whenever Dundee Utd were in possession, they attacked with pace and were very direct, they played some nice passes and their forward players linked up pretty well. When we had the ball, the person who was in possession was quite often like a statue and the ball usually ended up either going backwards or being launched aimlessly up the park.

It's alright for Hughes to continually say that he has goals in his team, which on paper is obviously true, but we really have to start showing that we are capable of scoring goals. The last time that anyone other than Stokes scored for us was almost two months ago.

That's now the fourth or fifth game in a row where we have been pretty poor and we really need to get back to winning ways next week at home to Hamilton.

Today was a huge opportunity for us to get some daylight between ourselves and Dundee Utd and get ourselves well clear in 3rd place. Whilst there is still a long way to go, we have now lost 3rd place and Hearts are also getting closer by the week.

Hibby 2005
17-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Yogi lost the game before it even started with a strange line-up to say the least coupled with a bench that lacked any creativity, Benji being the exception.
His use of Riordan is becoming tiresome and his lack of trust in Galbraith backfiring big time, while the sun seems to shine out of the backsides of Hogg and Rankin.
The great work ethic that Yogi harps on about seems to have gone awol too.

Kato
17-01-2010, 01:39 AM

That's it......cheers.

I agree with all of this. Game could have went either way. They got a couple of decisions, the penalty and Goodwillie being adjudged onside at the goal, we didn't - one being an offside against Stokes from a Zoumer pass when his path to goal was open and another being the handball from a Spoony cross which would have been a penalty for Celtic, Rangers and Hearts.

The midfield and attack haven't been all that fluent all season, Hughes describes his best players as "mavericks" and with that we're going to have individuals rather than a unit.

Still early days for this team and hoopefully we can get people in that'll give us a bit bite and have us playing with more purpose going forward.

Would like to see trying to get behind the oppositions defence a bit more.

Jones28
17-01-2010, 01:50 AM
Yogi lost the game before it even started with a strange line-up to say the least coupled with a bench that lacked any creativity, Benji being the exception.
His use of Riordan is becoming tiresome and his lack of trust in Galbraith backfiring big time, while the sun seems to shine out of the backsides of Hogg and Rankin.

Fail to see how Hogg is to blame, he's really come on to a game the past few weeks

Cameron1875
17-01-2010, 02:28 AM
I watched on Alba too and feared the worst when I saw the line-up. Yogi set up his team for a draw and got what he deserved.

Utter mince. Dundee utd away is one of toughest games in scotland so to play 4-2-4 with nish and stokes as centre forwards would have been suicidal. The formation yogi picked was to try and combat their midfield(their strong point) by us playing 3 centre mids (effectively just miller) and attack their wing backs (their weak point) through deek and zemmama.

The fact zemmama faked injury and riordan was so poor meant attacking the wing backs was out of question. If liam miller had played like he should then we could have got a grip on midfield as he is the only hibs standard centre mid out there but he didnt have license to go forward as we would be in big trouble if he lost the ball. I will give you the decision to play cregg. Maybe needed more grit in the middle as gomis and bauben had a field day. Mcbride would have made a huge difference

Bad result today but got to bounce back and hopefully sign a decent midfielder in window to help the guys out because the midfielders in reserve e.g. stevenson, cregg, rankin are not good enough for 3rd spot.

Special mention to hanlon: previously not been a fan but outstanding today and wish some of other players shared his and wotherspoons attitude.:top marks

GG

EasterRoad4Ever
17-01-2010, 07:42 AM

That's it......cheers.

The frustrating thing is that the likes of DUFC, Yams, the OF and Dons to an extent all seem capable of WINNING these games when there's little between the teams. This is never more evident than in the SC. Hibs as a club have regularly FAILED to win games like this - and have lost out on points that ultimately separate the winners (Euro places, cups, etc) from the losers.

Big chance against the Huns at home - failed.
Big chance against a crap Yam side at home - failed.
Big chance against a managerless DUFC - failed.

When push come to shove, Hibs pull out of the challenge.

Penrith Hibee
17-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Watched the game on Alba and can't understand about the suicide watch going on here. Poor first half not helped by some awful officials and then a reasonable second half when a draw would have been a fair result.

We are clearly a work in progress, my only gripe is the lack of width, give Galbraith a chance and sign a right winger who can go past people ala Sproule and I'll be happy!

The Voice Of Reason
17-01-2010, 09:44 AM
In my opinion (and as a few people have alluded to) we are missing pace in the team.

Here's an idea - lets re-sign AOB from Swindon ! :devil:

Tricla
17-01-2010, 10:14 AM
I haven't seen Alba but my perspective of the game was that the first half was unacceptably bad, we improved in the second half and might have got a goal from a couple of our chances but I still think Dundee Utd deserved to win overall.

We are not attacking well enough just now, the difference between both sides' attacking abilities was quite clear today. Whenever Dundee Utd were in possession, they attacked with pace and were very direct, they played some nice passes and their forward players linked up pretty well. When we had the ball, the person who was in possession was quite often like a statue and the ball usually ended up either going backwards or being launched aimlessly up the park.

It's alright for Hughes to continually say that he has goals in his team, which on paper is obviously true, but we really have to start showing that we are capable of scoring goals. The last time that anyone other than Stokes scored for us was almost two months ago.

That's now the fourth or fifth game in a row where we have been pretty poor and we really need to get back to winning ways next week at home to Hamilton.

Today was a huge opportunity for us to get some daylight between ourselves and Dundee Utd and get ourselves well clear in 3rd place. Whilst there is still a long way to go, we have now lost 3rd place and Hearts are also getting closer by the week.

These comments are closer to the mark. I can't understand people who are excusing this performance by saying 'we were better in the second half' or 'Utd shaved it'.

We were better in the second half but that was no real achievement given how terrible we were in the first half.

Utd didn't 'shave' it. They were better than us in every department and if it wasn't for Smith and some good luck we would have been well beaten.

I don't think I or others with this opinion are being unreasonable or are on 'suicide' watch!

This game was the culmination of weeks of sub par performances and I haven't seen any evidence of things being done to change it ie players being dropped or tactics being changed.

I trust Yogi 100% but you do tend to worry slightly when players who continue to turn in poor performances consistently get picked. It's also worrying how one dimensional we are just now.

Hamilton at home is a good chance to sort it though.

Tricla
17-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Fail to see how Hogg is to blame, he's really come on to a game the past few weeks

Didn't you see his masterclass in marking against the Huns and then the Yams?

hiberactive
17-01-2010, 10:29 AM
Only managed to catch the last 20 mins on alba last night-in which i thought it was all Hibs.Nish was unlucky with a header,just the wrong side of the post,Wotherspoon had a great strike which came back of the post-on another day,they go in.Remember when we played them at Easter rd this season we battered them in the 1st half,then they came out and played for 20 mins and in that time pulled a goal back through Webster,after that,we pushed for a winner but it was not to be.There is not much between the 2 teams and i feel we have just not had the rub of the green in this game.Was gutted at the result and then reading about the game on here but after watching part of the game i dont feel as bad because i def feel we were unlucky not to come away from there with at least a point.

Tricla
17-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Only managed to catch the last 20 mins on alba last night-in which i thought it was all Hibs.Nish was unlucky with a header,just the wrong side of the post,Wotherspoon had a great strike which came back of the post-on another day,they go in.Remember when we played them at Easter rd this season we battered them in the 1st half,then they came out and played for 20 mins and in that time pulled a goal back through Webster,after that,we pushed for a winner but it was not to be.There is not much between the 2 teams and i feel we have just not had the rub of the green in this game.Was gutted at the result and then reading about the game on here but after watching part of the game i dont feel as bad because i def feel we were unlucky not to come away from there with at least a point.

If you'd seen the 70 mins before that you'd have a different opinion.

I don't feel we were dominant at any point in the game. We were better in the latter stages of the second half and had a couple of chances but it was still one dimensional.

Utd still looked the better side going forward.

hiberactive
17-01-2010, 11:33 AM
If you'd seen the 70 mins before that you'd have a different opinion.

I don't feel we were dominant at any point in the game. We were better in the latter stages of the second half and had a couple of chances but it was still one dimensional.

Utd still looked the better side going forward.
Totally accept that may be the case but was just trying to point out that we might have got a point like Dundee Utd did when they only played for 20 mins at ER,the only difference being,they got a goal.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 11:35 AM
Totally accept that may be the case but was just trying to point out that we might have got a point like Dundee Utd did when they only played for 20 mins at ER,the only difference being,they got a goal.

Surely another team never got lucky, i thought it was only us? :wink:

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2010, 12:27 PM
I disagree, I thought it was a poor performance. The difference is that we've been used to bad performances but getting results. When you're cruising along in that mode, one of two things can happen. 1) the performances improve and somebody 'gets it' from Hibs, as we've been fantasising about all season. 2) the luck runs out and the 1-0's become 1-1's and the 1-1's become 0-1's, as seems to be happening.

I think the heavy pitches don't suit a relatively lightweight midfield, and we need a hardman in there, or Bamba back. It worries that we seem to be losing the fight and spirit that got us to where we were.

We were away-at-Hamilton/League Cup-against-St Johnstone garbage in the first half against a limited United team, who'd have gone in three up at the break but for Smith's heroics.

Yogi at least recognised the chronic lack of width in the side and changed the formation, and we were better in the second half, though there were too many misplaced passes and although we could have nicked a point, United were just as likely to get a second and overall were good money for the win.

Nothing against Rankin, a decent squad player, but he doesn't protect the defence like McBride, link up with Miller, like McBride, invariably find a green jersey with a pass, like McBride. So why is he in the team in place of McBride? KM's restoration would go a long way to solving our problems.

Also put DR up front and give Galbraith a chance wide. Wotherspoon right midfield please, with Zommer on the bench as impact player for a bit till he stops trying to dribble past six opponents in the centre circle when a simple pass is on.

Fifer
17-01-2010, 12:28 PM
These comments are closer to the mark. I can't understand people who are excusing this performance by saying 'we were better in the second half' or 'Utd shaved it'.

We were better in the second half but that was no real achievement given how terrible we were in the first half.

Utd didn't 'shave' it. They were better than us in every department and if it wasn't for Smith and some good luck we would have been well beaten.

I don't think I or others with this opinion are being unreasonable or are on 'suicide' watch!

This game was the culmination of weeks of sub par performances and I haven't seen any evidence of things being done to change it ie players being dropped or tactics being changed.

I trust Yogi 100% but you do tend to worry slightly when players who continue to turn in poor performances consistently get picked. It's also worrying how one dimensional we are just now.

Hamilton at home is a good chance to sort it though.
Sums it all up perfectly. We have been poor for a long time now. I know it is better than last year , but the team in IHO is not playing very well. When was the last time you can remember, when we gave a team a really good beating. Is it just me or am i missing something.

JimBHibees
17-01-2010, 03:57 PM

How he was murder against Rangers and Hearts.

Jones28
17-01-2010, 04:54 PM
How he was murder against Rangers and Hearts.

Hogg gets singled out for any mistakes he makes, but Golden Boy Riordan gets hardly a murmur, there were certainly worse players on the pitch both those games

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 05:09 PM
Hogg gets singled out for any mistakes he makes, but Golden Boy Riordan gets hardly a murmur, there were certainly worse players on the pitch both those games

And again.:bitchy:

hibsbollah
17-01-2010, 05:12 PM
The fact zemmama faked injury

Sorry, I must have missed this. Where is your source for this 'fact':confused:

Aubenas
17-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Nothing against Rankin, a decent squad player, but he doesn't protect the defence like McBride, link up with Miller, like McBride, invariably find a green jersey with a pass, like McBride. So why is he in the team in place of McBride? KM's restoration would go a long way to solving our problems.

Also put DR up front and give Galbraith a chance wide. Wotherspoon right midfield please, with Zommer on the bench as impact player for a bit till he stops trying to dribble past six opponents in the centre circle when a simple pass is on.
:agree::top marks

Cameron1875
17-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Sorry, I must have missed this. Where is your source for this 'fact'

Come of it, the fans are no daft. Zemmama didnt fancy it so packed it in.

sahib
17-01-2010, 07:10 PM

No?

hibsbollah
17-01-2010, 07:11 PM

What total nonsense.

Tricla
17-01-2010, 07:43 PM

:yawn:

Pish

JimBHibees
17-01-2010, 08:37 PM

What has this got to do with Deek? You said Hogg has been coming onto a game which is frankly nonsensical.

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Didn't you see his masterclass in marking against the Huns and then the Yams?

Seconded.

JimBHibees
18-01-2010, 10:08 AM

Yogi commented a couple of weeks back he has had a hamstring strain.

matty_f
18-01-2010, 03:38 PM

He's out for a month, according to the Evening News.

JimBHibees
18-01-2010, 04:55 PM

Think your own comment suggests some of them are.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Think your own comment suggests some of them are.

Agreed. :agree:

wanderer11
18-01-2010, 07:05 PM
look i just want an honest answer.no sarky comments either.i am just an interestd 2nd party.who do u guys actually rate? I seem to read a lot of bad things bout the majority of ur team

BroxburnHibee
18-01-2010, 07:10 PM
look i just want an honest answer.no sarky comments either.i am just an interestd 2nd party.who do u guys actually rate? I seem to read a lot of bad things bout the majority of ur team

Interested 2nd party - did you no start off pretending to be a fan?

What you saying now - players relative?

Better make it quick. :greengrin

wanderer11
18-01-2010, 07:12 PM
make what quick? doesny really matter who i know or what i know.i just find it hard to take how harsh this board is

BroxburnHibee
18-01-2010, 07:17 PM
make what quick? doesny really matter who i know or what i know.i just find it hard to take how harsh this board is

Aye its harsh - no denying that but demanding answers (with no sarky comments) isn't gonna get you anywhere either.

Anyway are you a Hibs fan or no? :wink:

wanderer11
18-01-2010, 07:19 PM
no am not a hibs fan but have an interest.didnt see anywhere u had to be a hibee to join tho. so who do you rate? av answered ur questions can you answer mine.

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 07:21 PM
no am not a hibs fan but have an interest.didnt see anywhere u had to be a hibee to join tho. so who do you rate? av answered ur questions can you answer mine.

Is it bolton or Wolves, cause you go round and round and round and round. I bet you go from town to town too.

wanderer11
18-01-2010, 07:23 PM
i dont really have anything to say to you mate so id rather we dont.

weecounty hibby
18-01-2010, 07:25 PM
:top marks
Is it bolton or Wolves, cause you go round and round and round and round. I bet you go from town to town too.

I got it but it seems to have gone over Wanderers head, clearly not a Quo fan!

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 07:26 PM
i dont really have anything to say to you mate so id rather we dont.

Come on, you seem like the type of guy, that likes to mess around.

BroxburnHibee
18-01-2010, 07:27 PM

You don't but usually most fans of other clubs will make it known right away - apart from 1 anyway :greengrin

There's a lot of peeps on here will label you a Yam for the slightest thing - watch yourself :wink:

As for who I rate - I'm no telling ye :devil:

I'm_cabbaged
18-01-2010, 07:53 PM

Listen, most of us come on here to be joyous when we're playing well or greet when we're no. We pay alot of money to go and watch the Cabbage so if we want to slate your friend, brother, son, boyfriend, husband (delete as appropriate) on a message board we will, after all we pay his wages. :greengrin

But if you're Alan Gow just take it all with a pinch of salt. :wink:

wanderer11
18-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Listen, most of us come on here to be joyous when we're playing well or greet when we're no. We pay alot of money to go and watch the Cabbage so if we want to slate your friend, brother, son, boyfriend, husband (delete as appropriate) on a message board we will, after all we pay his wages. :greengrin

But if you're Alan Gow just take it all with a pinch of salt. :wink:

clearly you do help pay the wages but that doesnt mean u can abuse people.lets face it u have quite a lot 2 b happy for right now.may be wrong but do u not have a game in hand and if you win go 2 points behind celtic? id say what yogi is doing is incredible.ive watched when things have been a bit hard to watch.granted not as much as you boys.just be happy celti are not exactly flying at the moment so who says hibs cant get second? a take it yams are hearts????? they done it not so long ago.you may not like what i say but im just askin for a bit of though before rippin people....

I'm_cabbaged
18-01-2010, 09:10 PM
clearly you do help pay the wages but that doesnt mean u can abuse people.lets face it u have quite a lot 2 b happy for right now.may be wrong but do u not have a game in hand and if you win go 2 points behind celtic? id say what yogi is doing is incredible.ive watched when things have been a bit hard to watch.granted not as much as you boys.just be happy celti are not exactly flying at the moment so who says hibs cant get second? a take it yams are hearts????? they done it not so long ago.you may not like what i say but im just askin for a bit of though before rippin people....

They get praise when they play well, what's wrong with a bit "constructive critisism" :greengrin when they don't? Very rarely do it myself, but others I agree sometimes go a bit OTT, but if they're getting their frustrations out on here instead of at the game I can't see it as a bad thing.

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2010, 10:31 PM

If you're not a Hibs fan, why are you so upset about the stick Hibs players are getting from Hibs fans on this board? I envy you. You must as happy as a clown in your life to be able to spend time worrying about us.

wanderer11
19-01-2010, 11:29 AM
If you're not a Hibs fan, why are you so upset about the stick Hibs players are getting from Hibs fans on this board? I envy you. You must as happy as a clown in your life to be able to spend time worrying about us.

what dif it make if ive got time to worry bout hibs? a may be very rich and have time.... i also may have outside interest for a reason. look all im saying is what if players do have a look in from time to time and all they see is people getting a lot of flak and maybe even them getting it.id say use dont really have a lot 2 be upset about.yes maybe players have off days but right now in the fianancial crisis the country seems to be in id say yogi has an incredible squad to choose from. i cant believe yogi a dye in the wool hibee who prob cares bout the team if not more than a lot has been doubted leave the man to his job and rewards may come

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 11:56 AM
Whats this thread all about :greengrin

hibsbollah
19-01-2010, 12:03 PM
what dif it make if ive got time to worry bout hibs? a may be very rich and have time.... i also may have outside interest for a reason. look all im saying is what if players do have a look in from time to time and all they see is people getting a lot of flak and maybe even them getting it.id say use dont really have a lot 2 be upset about.yes maybe players have off days but right now in the fianancial crisis the country seems to be in id say yogi has an incredible squad to choose from. i cant believe yogi a dye in the wool hibee who prob cares bout the team if not more than a lot has been doubted leave the man to his job and rewards may come

Are you Kevin Thomson?

el capitano
19-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Are you Kevin Thomson?
haha this is like the board game guess who

are u a man or woman
have u got brown hair
are u peter
do u wear glasses

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 12:19 PM
haha this is like the board game guess who

are u a man or woman
have u got brown hair
are u peter
do u wear glasses

Has your got a big nose ar a wee nose :greengrin

Dinkydoo
19-01-2010, 12:21 PM
We have been too complacent for weeks now and are paying the price. Another **** performance, we've lost 3rd place (for now :devil:) and the yams are climbing the table at an alarming rate. It's time for a change of tactics:

Give Stevenson and/or Galbraith a start
Put Deeks up front with Stokes
Sign any two of: RB, CB, LM, RM

Lets not fall apart now Hibs! We've done well so far this season :notworthy:

blackpoolhibs
19-01-2010, 02:06 PM

I hug em and i squeeze them, they dont even know my name.

hibsbollah
19-01-2010, 03:02 PM

Do you have a bushy moustache?

mjhibby
19-01-2010, 05:05 PM
I was there,but did not watch Alba,and I agree with almost all you say. missed the goal as Iwent for a wee-wee:grr:so cant comment on it , after the match,heard a lot of Utd fans commenting how well they defended,and that's what won it

I think once people calmed down they realised that was a game where we could easily have got a point and united had to defend well.They got their goal and we came very close to equalising.Not all doom and gloom at all and we still have a game in hand where even a point would take us back to third which im sure at the begining of the season fans would have been delighted with.Maybe because we have been on such a good run then fans have been losing sight of the quality at yogis disposal.
He is doing well with what he has got and remember we were minus stack,mccann,bamba against the arabs and mcbride and zemmamma are obviously not fit.If we can get a rb in and bamba back then im confident of getting into europe and of course a nice friendly wee draw in the cup would help our cup bid.3 points on saturday and we will feel better and a trip to parkhead doesnt seem so daunting these days.:thumbsup:

Alfred E Newman
19-01-2010, 07:54 PM
I think once people calmed down they realised that was a game where we could easily have got a point and united had to defend well.They got their goal and we came very close to equalising.Not all doom and gloom at all and we still have a game in hand where even a point would take us back to third which im sure at the begining of the season fans would have been delighted with.Maybe because we have been on such a good run then fans have been losing sight of the quality at yogis disposal.
He is doing well with what he has got and remember we were minus stack,mccann,bamba against the arabs and mcbride and zemmamma are obviously not fit.If we can get a rb in and bamba back then im confident of getting into europe and of course a nice friendly wee draw in the cup would help our cup bid.3 points on saturday and we will feel better and a trip to parkhead doesnt seem so daunting these days.:thumbsup:

Watched the game on Alba and agree that while we were far from brilliant we were not as bad as some on here were making out. It is a perfect example of people listening to the diabolicly bias commentary on the radio which makes even the best of Hibs performances sound mediocre , and rushing to the PC to vent their spleen.

matty_f
19-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Watched the game on Alba and agree that while we were far from brilliant we were not as bad as some on here were making out. It is a perfect example of people listening to the diabolicly bias commentary on the radio which makes even the best of Hibs performances sound mediocre , and rushing to the PC to vent their spleen.

:agree: Fair point.

mjhibby
20-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I always find it funny how the result blinkers peoples view of a game.Had we equalised then im sure there would have been an air of satisfaction on the messageboards about a job done.Rangers were bloody awful in 3 games against hamilton and fortunate to get out of jail but its seen as them grinding out results whereas we would have been crucified by our fans if we played like that against them with loads of threads berating this and that players and how yogi is not taking us forwards.Hertz fans put up with utter garbage but as long as they get results dont seem to care but with hibs fans we must win and with style.lets remember yogi has constantly said that we are a work in progres and while we can all play manager he has to make the decisions and so far he is doing not too bad imho.
Lets get right behind the team and not sit back and wait for an opportunity to moan at someone.Im sure the team will respond.

Dinkydoo
20-01-2010, 12:44 PM

Yogi..? It's not wise to drink so early in the morning :faf:

Seriously though, what's your problem man?

We as fans have the right to excercise our displeasure at our teams performance. This may include singling out players for a run of bad performances, the team as a whole or even the tactics.

I persoanlly think that we are in a decent position, but just because we are at the top end of the table and still in the Scottish Cup doesn't mean that we should skip over everything else.

We haven't been playing well for weeks but still getting the results. Now we're not getting the results, so people will complain. It only seems natural to be unhappy if your team doesn't gain anything from a match. Although on the other hand, if we had played really well but simply couldn't score then I personally wouldn't have been so upset on saturday.

If you're not a Hibs fan, what does it matter to you anyway what people post on a fan message board?

Unless you've got something to do with football: Player, Manager......Scout perhaps. Then again forming an opinion over whats said on the internet is never a gid idea IMO, especially if said opinion is based on what football fans are complaining about straight after a defeat :rolleyes::faf:

wanderer11
20-01-2010, 01:48 PM
i am not saying for 1 minute you dont have a right to display ur feelings. But when the manager sends out the team players dont say a f@@@ it a dont fancy this.there is players getting flak everyweek.players get away with an awful lot and nothing is said.someone posted bout hoggys position for the goal you have to be kidding me on.just things like that.6months into the job and people think that hibs have a god given right to be top of the league. the old firm have spent millions to be where they are.exactly why they are in the state they are.id love for hibs to get into europe itd be great to go watch.But a dont want to argue with anyone and this may be my last post all im asking is to be able to read this forum and not have to see things that i no causes players to not read the forum

Speedway
20-01-2010, 02:35 PM
i am not saying for 1 minute you dont have a right to display ur feelings. But when the manager sends out the team players dont say a f@@@ it a dont fancy this.there is players getting flak everyweek.players get away with an awful lot and nothing is said.someone posted bout hoggys position for the goal you have to be kidding me on.just things like that.6months into the job and people think that hibs have a god given right to be top of the league. the old firm have spent millions to be where they are.exactly why they are in the state they are.id love for hibs to get into europe itd be great to go watch.But a dont want to argue with anyone and this may be my last post all im asking is to be able to read this forum and not have to see things that i no causes players to not read the forum

Youveinspiredmetopostlikeyoudotoseeifipreferittoth ewayiusuallydoyouknowwithcommasandsentencesandcapi talettersandthatsortofthing.actuallyiquitelikethis wayofdoingitandmayusethisstyleallthetimenow.

My kingdom for some grammatical structure.

wanderer11
20-01-2010, 03:02 PM

are you that stupid you cant see full stops? no wonder you think the team is bad on a match day.Sorry i dont have a masters in grammar.

blackpoolhibs
20-01-2010, 03:23 PM
are you that stupid you cant see full stops? no wonder you think the team is bad on a match day.Sorry i dont have a masters in grammar.

I don't know, i certainly think you are a master bater.

Dashing Bob S
21-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I don't know, i certainly think you are a master bater.

What sort of way is that to talk to a lady?

No wonder she did a runner and went back to Bellshill. (...they call-er a wander-er, they caller-er a wander-er...)

passionatehibby
21-01-2010, 11:48 AM
Youveinspiredmetopostlikeyoudotoseeifipreferittoth ewayiusuallydoyouknowwithcommasandsentencesandcapi talettersandthatsortofthing.actuallyiquitelikethis wayofdoingitandmayusethisstyleallthetimenow.

My kingdom for some grammatical structure.

Hae a wird wae yirsel man :bitchy: