PDA

View Full Version : McBride

Diclonius
16-01-2010, 09:51 PM
Does he have a contagious disease, or what?

Desperately what we needed to give the midfield some breathing space and he didn't even get on as a sub. As to why his 'replacement' Rankin got 90 minutes I have no idea.

If Yogi doesn't think he's fit, stop putting him on the bench. Total waste.

cocopops1875
16-01-2010, 10:00 PM

Desperately what we needed to give the midfield some breathing space and he didn't even get on as a sub. As to why his 'replacement' Rankin got 90 minutes I have no idea.

crackin hat for his warm ups tho :greengrin

Andy74
16-01-2010, 10:02 PM

I can only imagine he is bring fair to rankin who despite me not rating one bit probably has done nothing worse than anyone else to deserve the chop.

Diclonius
16-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I can only imagine he is bring fair to rankin who despite me not rating one bit probably has done nothing worse than anyone else to deserve the chop.

Not how I see it.

If you have a significantly better player for a position, in this case defensive midfield, then when fit they should occupy this role. Rankin is a class apart from McBride and is at this moment, or should be, a squad player. Nothing more.

Plus, he isn't even a defensive midfielder, he's an attacking one. Totally nonplussed. :confused:

Andy74
16-01-2010, 10:08 PM
I do agree i'm just guessing at why he isn't straight in again.

col02
16-01-2010, 10:10 PM
I do agree i'm just guessing at why he isn't straight in again.

Fit but not match fit for the soft pitches at the moment maybe with it having been an ankle injury? Whatever the reason we have missed him as you need a guy like McBride in there to take the simple pass under pressure and keep possession by playing a simple pass back to a team mate.

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Rankin must be better at the gammies :agree:

J-C
16-01-2010, 10:26 PM

Why then start with Cregg, if McBride is fit to put on the bench, then he's fit ehough to at leasrt come on and make some contribution, he was our best midfielder earlier in the season before his injury.

judas
16-01-2010, 11:04 PM

Perhaps it reflects the true strength of Hibs, that Mcbride is being increasingly heralded on .net as some kind of messianic figure.

The lad has been decent with Hibs, but I fear .net is placing too much expectation on him.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Fit but not match fit for the soft pitches at the moment maybe with it having been an ankle injury? Whatever the reason we have missed him as you need a guy like McBride in there to take the simple pass under pressure and keep possession by playing a simple pass back to a team mate.

I cant understand why he did not play last week if thats the case?

I'm_cabbaged
16-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Perhaps it reflects the true strength of Hibs, that Mcbride is being increasingly heralded on .net as some kind of messianic figure.

The lad has been decent with Hibs, but I fear .net is placing too much expectation on him.

I smell a yam. :agree:

sahib
17-01-2010, 01:13 PM

I think there is some truth in that.

Prof. Shaggy
17-01-2010, 02:43 PM
As far as I'm understanding McBride's injury is not completely healed - there's still some problem with a bone. It might be that Yogi doesn't want to risk him in a whole game and would prefer to bring him on later if he can. I think most managers would prefer not to play someone at risk of breaking down and having to be subbed in a way that chucks the game-plan oot the winidow.

CapitalHibs
17-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I've said this before. McBride apparently has pieces of floating bone in his foot that cannot be medically treated. He has had special inserts made for his boots to help him overcome this injury, but it looks like he will have to play under these circumstances for the rest of his career.

wanderer11
17-01-2010, 06:48 PM
what part of rankins playing do u not get .yogi has tried to sign him a number of times.FACT.so y dnt every1 just get on with it and stop greeting like wee babies

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 06:51 PM
what part of rankins playing do u not get .yogi has tried to sign him a number of times.FACT.so y dnt every1 just get on with it and stop greeting like wee babies

2 Post so far, both awful. You need to improve. :faf:

wanderer11
17-01-2010, 06:56 PM
2 Post so far, both awful. You need to improve. :faf:

to be fair ive been on the board looking in for weeks and its a reality check most of u lot need.the players dont go out intending to have bad games.doesnt help when people rip them to bits. these people are human.do you stand out at work everyday

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 06:58 PM
to be fair ive been on the board looking in for weeks and its a reality check most of u lot need.the players dont go out intending to have bad games.doesnt help when people rip them to bits. these people are human.do you stand out at work everyday

Work??????

wanderer11
17-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Work??????

take it u cant have a sensible chat then?

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 07:02 PM
take it u cant have a sensible chat then?

:faf::faf::faf: Have you read your posts back. I can hardly understand any of your's. Sensible. :faf::faf:

wanderer11
17-01-2010, 07:05 PM
what are u on about?really?

allmodcons
17-01-2010, 10:10 PM
As far as I'm understanding McBride's injury is not completely healed - there's still some problem with a bone. It might be that Yogi doesn't want to risk him in a whole game and would prefer to bring him on later if he can. I think most managers would prefer not to play someone at risk of breaking down and having to be subbed in a way that chucks the game-plan oot the winidow.

Could be right. I heard the same thing yesterday from a Hibbie (and doctor) who knows the club doctor.

He said club doctor had advised him McBirde's injury had not yet completely healed.

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2010, 11:29 AM

I agree. I said the same to my mate a week or 2 ago – it’s like folk expect us to start crushing the opposition as soon as a holding midfielder comes back into the side. We weren’t crushing them with him in the team so I’m not sure whether this theory has any merit.

Andy74
21-01-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree. I said the same to my mate a week or 2 ago – it’s like folk expect us to start crushing the opposition as soon as a holding midfielder comes back into the side. We weren’t crushing them with him in the team so I’m not sure whether this theory has any merit.

I don't see anyone suggesting we will start crushing the opposition, nor do I think that there can be much denying that McBride was anyhting other than excellent for us in the first part of the season.

Perhaps because he wasn't a big name some feel it reflects a poor standard if he is considered one of our better players but that is ignoring the truth that, even with signing Stokes and Miller, McBride has probably been the crucial player in how we set up as a team and in giving the midfield and the team the right balance.

Him coming back and coming on to a game would allow the likes of Miller, Zemmama and Riordan to be more effective in their own roles and also would provide cover for the defence.

It's been no coincidence that our form has been a bit poorer without him.

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I don't see anyone suggesting we will start crushing the opposition, nor do I think that there can be much denying that McBride was anyhting other than excellent for us in the first part of the season.

Perhaps because he wasn't a big name some feel it reflects a poor standard if he is considered one of our better players but that is ignoring the truth that, even with signing Stokes and Miller, McBride has probably been the crucial player in how we set up as a team and in giving the midfield and the team the right balance.

Him coming back and coming on to a game would allow the likes of Miller, Zemmama and Riordan to be more effective in their own roles and also would provide cover for the defence.

It's been no coincidence that our form has been a bit poorer without him.

I'm not saying he's not good or that he's not good because he's not a big name.

We continued our unbeaten run in his absence for a few weeks though and since then have only lost to Rangers and Dundee United.

I hope everyone is right and he will transform our midfield back into the creative force (?) that they were pre-injury.

blackpoolhibs
21-01-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm not saying he's not good or that he's not good because he's not a big name.

We continued our unbeaten run in his absence for a few weeks though and since then have only lost to Rangers and Dundee United.

I hope everyone is right and he will transform our midfield back into the creative force (?) that they were pre-injury.

:agree: I think when he comes back, you will see our midfield playing a bit further up the park, the game wont be so stretched imho, and that can only help us.

Jonnyboy
21-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I think the Rankin/McBride issue boils down to the playing relationship each has formed with their midfield partner Liam Miller. When McBride was in the team his positional sense and ability to take and give a pass without a great deal of effort allowed Miller to be more expansive in his game. When Rankin plays he runs about all over the place and often leaves Miller exposed so that Liam's game has suffered as a consequence, as has the Hibs midfield in general. That's why McBride should be back in :agree:

3pm
21-01-2010, 12:45 PM
McBride should be back in, no question asked. Rankin is bawz.

Remember, 'supporters are often bang on'. :greengrin

The Big No.9
21-01-2010, 02:27 PM
I work most saturdays so dont get to games much (was a season ticket holder for years) but listen to the games online or in the car on the way home.

Rankin is baws, take last saturday for example, it took till 4.32 (i checked) for Rankin to get his first mention in the second half and thats not the only time.

Me and another hibby at work feel the same, he runs about and does nothing, hardly ever gets mentioned in commentary, but as long as his prozone stats are good then thats fine for him...haha.

It is no shock to find out that our slight dip in form happened when mcbride got injured

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2010, 02:48 PM
It is no shock to find out that our slight dip in form happened when mcbride got injured

It didn't. Our 1st loss was about 4 weeks after he was 1st missing.

WindyMiller
21-01-2010, 03:05 PM
It's not just McBride's ability to free up Miller for a more attacking role, it's also the way he would cover the spaces that the full-backs leave when they go up-field.

All done with-out apparently breaking into a jog.

Andy74
21-01-2010, 03:08 PM
It didn't. Our 1st loss was about 4 weeks after he was 1st missing.

Results and form are a little bit different though aren't they?

Danderhall Hibs
21-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Results and form are a little bit different though aren't they?

Yes. I think we've been good 3 times this season, but only once for the full 90 minutes - Motherwell twice and Dundee United at home.

I like McBride and agree he's a good player that improves our team. I just think a lot of folk are hailing him as the messiah (claims of POTY already for him) when he's not proved that much yet. All he's proved is he's better than John Rankin IMO.

HibbyKeith
21-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I think the Rankin/McBride issue boils down to the playing relationship each has formed with their midfield partner Liam Miller. When McBride was in the team his positional sense and ability to take and give a pass without a great deal of effort allowed Miller to be more expansive in his game. When Rankin plays he runs about all over the place and often leaves Miller exposed so that Liam's game has suffered as a consequence, as has the Hibs midfield in general. That's why McBride should be back in :agree:

:top marks

Thats my view of it also, when mcbride plays, miller can go forward knowing that mcbride's always there to cover. where with rankin they are often exposed with 2 men wrong side of the ball.