PDA

View Full Version : Physical Presence

The Harp Awakes
16-01-2010, 09:18 PM
Looked to me that we were again out muscled rather than outplayed today and this cost us the points. Our lack of physical presence throughout the team is really becoming noticeable now and our players seem to be brushed aside too easily. We were blown away by Rangers by brawn rather than skill and failed to beat Hearts for the same reason.

We have some decent footballers and forwards which every other SPL Club would love to have, but I think teams are learning how to play against us now.

I hope Yogi can see this and put it right in the transfer window.

tooley
16-01-2010, 09:25 PM
Looked to me that we were again out muscled rather than outplayed today and this cost us the points. Our lack of physical presence throughout the team is really becoming noticeable now and our players seem to be brushed aside too easily. We were blown away by Rangers by braun rather than skill and failed to beat Hearts for the same reason.

We have some decent footballers and forwards which every other SPL Club would love to have, but I think teams are learning how to play against us now.

:thumbsup:
Is the gym at the training ground not open?
After reading todays paper maybe Rankin and Co should spend more time in the gym rather than playing xbox and PS3 Games?

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Looked to me that we were again out muscled rather than outplayed today and this cost us the points. Our lack of physical presence throughout the team is really becoming noticeable now and our players seem to be brushed aside too easily. We were blown away by Rangers by braun rather than skill and failed to beat Hearts for the same reason.

Could not agree more. United just looked a far bigger team than us. That Kovacevic [sp] at right back was just huge

houston1875
16-01-2010, 09:27 PM
We need a target man,sbody who can hold on to ball,head the ball! Bring others into play and when we can't play the pefect ball thru one if the channels,we then have a out ball to a physical presence up front,sbody who woulda rattled the huge backline at game the day,plus riordan,stokes can buzz about him taking the 2nd ball and scoring! Stokes,Deek and Zouma gainst that backline was a joke..featherweight up gainst a 18 stone bouncer,soz son you ain't getting in!!

AndyB_70
16-01-2010, 11:03 PM
Lets play Stokes up front in the middle on his own against Dodds and Webster. To top it off we'll play high balls up to him. Poor poor poor tactics. Why did it take 45mins to change things.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 11:30 PM
Craig Rocastle anyone? :wink:

PISTOL1875
16-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Craig Rocastle anyone? :wink:

He'd do a great job but Bamba in midfield is the answer for me...

One player who was brilliant today was Simon Mensing for Hamilton..

Sir David Gray
16-01-2010, 11:59 PM
He'd do a great job but Bamba in midfield is the answer for me...

One player who was brilliant today was Simon Mensing for Hamilton..

Bamba would certainly add a physical presence to the midfield and would be good at breaking up play and winning us back possession. The only problem for me is that I don't think his passing is good enough for a midfielder.

PISTOL1875
17-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Bamba would certainly add a physical presence to the midfield and would be good at breaking up play and winning us back possession. The only problem for me is that I don't think his passing is good enough for a midfielder.

He was great there last season and we all thought he would be playing there this season.. His passing isn't the greatest but that's what training is for.... All he has to do is play the ball to the ball players. Nothing fancy...

joebakerforever
17-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Well when I suggested on another thread we'll definitely need a strong physical replacement when Bamba is sold, some fellow Hibbies expressed a preference for skill before brawn.

I mentioned a big bruiser was needed and the name of Colin Murdock was cited against this. Well imo PC Murdock might have been big, and apart from being mediocre, he was never a bruiser like say John McNamee was.

Given the choice between a younger version of Darren Dodds or Chris Hogg, I would prefer the former type of player in a green shirt.

If we continue to go without more than one giant in the side, we'll just be brushed aside, especially on heavy pitches.