PDA

View Full Version : The dundee Utd Goal - Chris Hogg's Positioning

The Voice Of Reason
16-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Have been watching the game on BBC Alba.

For the Dun Utd goal Swanson gets away from Cregg, which left the defenders a bit exposed. However, if you look at Chris Hogg, he could see it all happening and should have moved accross to close Swanson down a lot sooner than he did - the ball ended up going through his legs and past Smith. If Hogg had been accross sooner I think he would have prevented the goal. :bitchy:

I think when Hogg sees it he will be disappointed. :grr:

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 09:13 PM

For the Dun Utd goal Swanson gets away from Cregg, which left the defenders a bit exposed. However, if you look at Chris Hogg, he could see it all happening and should have moved accross to close Swanson down a lot sooner than he did - the ball ended up going through his legs and past Smith. If Hogg had been accross sooner I think he would have prevented the goal. :bitchy:

Sounds very similar to the Hearts goal - Hogg ball watching.
:grr:

AugustaHibs
16-01-2010, 09:14 PM
starting to hear this alot now. Hogg isnt doing well enough :bitchy:

allmodcons
16-01-2010, 09:21 PM
starting to hear this alot now. Hogg isnt doing well enough :bitchy:

I haven't seen it on TV, but was at the game and for me goal stemmed from Riordan shirking a tackle deep inside United half. Absolutely spineless effort of a challenge.

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I wonder if he can't cope with the responsibilities of being captain, and also ensuring his own performance is up to scratch.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Hogg is a poor defender, never a leader of men either.

Gatecrasher
16-01-2010, 09:24 PM
Ladies and gentlemen the scapegoat has been nominated:rolleyes:

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2010, 09:30 PM

Total garbage!

How can someone who is rank ****in rotten every single game be this weeks scapegoat?

Hogg is continually crap, not just today, or last week but time and time again..

There's a post after every game about Hogg remarking on how poor he was again, not blaiming him for anything just making a general observation on how gash he is..

The Voice Of Reason
16-01-2010, 09:33 PM

Waht a pathetic, boring post. :yawn:

I am simply commenting on their goal and the fact that (IMHO) Hogg should have closed the guy down sooner. See what you think when you see it for yourself.

All this "scapegoat" pash is getting on my tits. :grr:

Westie1875
16-01-2010, 09:37 PM
Watching the 2nd half on Alba now, I'd like to see us stick with this formation for the next game and see what happens.

hibsbollah
16-01-2010, 09:38 PM

Burn the witch:grr: Never Hibs class:grr:
:yawn:
Note to self, don't log on hibs.net till 24 hours after a defeat, you cant hear yourself think over the self-flagellation:slipper:

18Craig75
16-01-2010, 09:38 PM
I haven't seen it on TV, but was at the game and for me goal stemmed from Riordan shirking a tackle deep inside United half. Absolutely spineless effort of a challenge.

100% :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
16-01-2010, 09:41 PM
For me, the first goal stemmed from Riordan giving Rankin? a short pass under pressure but didn't get himself into space to receive it back off him. Rankin loses possession then they scored.

had to be Swanson :grr: :greengrin (who is starting to look a player :agree:)

The Voice Of Reason
16-01-2010, 09:44 PM
Burn the witch:grr: Never Hibs class:grr:
Note to self, don't log on hibs.net till 24 hours after a defeat, you cant hear yourself think over the self-flagellation:slipper:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :yawn:

Is one not allowed to make a comment any more ? It is a messageboard afterall. I have not stated that Hogg is "gash" "not Hibs class" etc etc etc.

Tell me what you think once you see their goal. A piece of basic defending from Hogg (moving over to close their man down quicker) would probably have prevented their goal.

That's all.......there is nothing sinister in that surely ?!?

Gatecrasher
16-01-2010, 09:46 PM
Hogg ain't nearly as bad as most folk made out to be on here, he's just another in a long line of players being singled out in recent seasons and that's what is predictable and boring.

Not seen the game but even if he didn't do well at the goal the whole team were supposed to have a shocker win as a team and lose as a team.

It's the same folk that get mentioned, rankin, nish, hogg, benji even zemmama has been torn into lately despite being one of our best players this season,

ok the team ain't playing well but we were never going to keep the run going that we had and a bad spell is due most seasons.

The things that bother me most is the reactions on here are starting to happen in the stadium as well. Nish getting sarcasticly cheered when taken off last week, again when rankin was made MOM

I'm not accusing the op of this particularly but this has been a theme on this board for some time now.

hibsbollah
16-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :yawn:

Is one not allowed to make a comment any more ? It is a messageboard afterall. I have not stated that Hogg is "gash" "not Hibs class" etc etc etc.

Tell me what you think once you see their goal. A piece of basic defending from Hogg (moving over to close their man down quicker) would probably have prevented their goal.

That's all.......there is nothing sinister in that surely ?!?

Its not your fault, its mine. I should follow my own advice and not be here after a defeat :greengrin have a good weekend everyone and remember, win our game in hand and we're back in the Euro place and can start dusting off the passport:thumbsup:

Future17
17-01-2010, 12:22 AM

I've been a fan of Hogg in the years he's been at the club but his recent performances have been very poor. Was at the game today but couldn't see what you're referring to due to a poor seating position and will have to see it on tv. However, his positioning was at fault for the Hearts goal and at least Miller's equaliser in the Rangers game.

Needs to improve rapidly or he won't get a game as there are other players there capable of doing a job.

Can't believe I've made my 2000th post a criticism of the club captain. :boo hoo:

Hibby 2005
17-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Bamba and Murray would be most peoples choice as a center-back pairing with Murray as Captain.
Hogg is a guy for the bech, just like Rankin and Cregg.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Bamba and Murray would be most peoples choice as a center-back pairing with Murray as Captain.
Hogg is a guy for the bech, just like Rankin and Cregg.

I'd replace Hogg with someone better if i could. I'd keep Murray at left back, as we get far more from Riordan when he's behind him.

hiberactive
17-01-2010, 12:03 PM

I think you are spot on,he should have just shifted across and cut the space down but that is the major problem with Hogg,he does not read the game very well and his positioning is always in question.Not blaming Hogg for the defeat but we really do need him to perform better on a consistant basis.

Big Frank
17-01-2010, 12:09 PM

this sort of post is becoming so popular or hibs.net. people ARE allowed to discuss individual players you know, and CAN point out NEGATIVE aspects of that player!

Scapegoat:rolleyes:

hoggs performances this season have been, in the main, dire.

Captain? Don't make me laugh.

jdships
17-01-2010, 12:15 PM
For me, the first goal stemmed from Riordan giving Rankin? a short pass under pressure but didn't get himself into space to receive it back off him. Rankin loses possession then they scored.

had to be Swanson :grr: :greengrin (who is starting to look a player :agree:)

:thumbsup:
I was at the game and that is exactly as I saw it - ok I haven't had the chance to see it on TV but am sure in my mind that's how it was .
I find it quite amusing that now Maka has disappeared off the radar so many posters are desperate to find another "scapegoat"

Pity we didn't spend more time supporting the players rather than slagging them off

:wink:

Gatecrasher
17-01-2010, 12:18 PM
this sort of post is becoming so popular or hibs.net. people ARE allowed to discuss individual players you know, and CAN point out NEGATIVE aspects of that player!

Scapegoat:rolleyes:

hoggs performances this season have been, in the main, dire.

Captain? Don't make me laugh.

I don't mind people critising players performences it's the general attitude towards certain players that piss me off.

The last line of your post for example.

DC_Hibs
17-01-2010, 02:47 PM
Its not your fault, its mine. I should follow my own advice and not be here after a defeat :greengrin have a good weekend everyone and remember, win our game in hand and we're back in the Euro place and can start dusting off the passport:thumbsup:

Passport has been in the fridge for weeks as 4th place gets Europe and even Hughes can steer this lot to 4th surely.

Shrekko
17-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Passport has been in the fridge for weeks as 4th place gets Europe and even Hughes can steer this lot to 4th surely.

'even Hughes'?

The current Hibs squad has no divine right whatsoever to come in the top 4 and it's been Hughes' management skills that have us sitting pretty.

He inherited a very poor squad in terms of the type of football I think he'd like to play. Hopefully over the next year or 2 he's able to cultivate it in the way he wants.

Where these delusions a lot of Hibees seem to have in terms of what they think is our rightful place is just laughable when you take the past 30 years into account.

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 03:19 PM
I think the captains armband should go to Murray,let Hoggy get back to playing fitba,aye he will be peeved to lose it but it may benefit his game in the long run.

Future17
17-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I think the captains armband should go to Murray,let Hoggy get back to playing fitba,aye he will be peeved to lose it but it may benefit his game in the long run.

Agree. :agree:

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 03:23 PM
If Hogg's gash....then what has Deek been for the last few games...or is that not allowed in case it offends the DR Appreciation Society :wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 03:24 PM
If Hogg's gash....then what has Deek been for the last few games...or is that not allowed in case it offends the DR Appreciation Society :wink:

Cant they both be gash?

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Cant they both be gash?

dinnae ken....I thought there can only be one scapegoat after the match :greengrin

Big Frank
17-01-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't mind people critising players performences it's the general attitude towards certain players that piss me off.

The last line of your post for example.

Should we all run our opinion via PM with you before posting? Someone starts a perfectly legitimate thread about a player, who many Hibs fans feels is not doing the damage at all this season, and many question whether he is captain material.

Explain me stating that I feel he should not be Hibernians captain, with this "general attitude towards certain players" that seems to piss you off!!

Your posts are guff on this thread, and rather than slating those on it, perhaps you could give us your insights via an e.g "hogg is barrie and should be team captain because..." thread, rather than spouting pash about "this weeks scapegoat".

Hiber-nation
17-01-2010, 03:31 PM

If you were at the game you would have heard who the majority of fans were directing their abuse at - clue he had a Hibs jersey with number 10 on it.

And Hogg gets criticism cos he makes the same old mistakes - there's nae scapegoating about it.

Big Frank
17-01-2010, 03:32 PM

your right. He has been gash.

You should start a thread about it. No-one at Hibernian FC at the minute has scored more goals than DR for our club. Surely he deserves his own thread, and to hijack a Hogg thread would be a bit beneath him.

Mind you, you're still smarting from mixu going.

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 03:38 PM
your right. He has been gash.

You should start a thread about it. No-one at Hibernian FC at the minute has scored more goals than DR for our club. Surely he deserves his own thread, and to hijack a Hogg thread would be a bit beneath him.

Mind you, you're still smarting from mixu going.

Wind yer neck in...:bye:

Big Frank
17-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Wind yer neck in...:bye:

:dummytit:
wibble wibble beans and wibble.

As per.

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 03:41 PM
:dummytit:
wibble wibble beans and wibble.

As per.

:top marks

You described your posts fantastically :not worth:blah:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 03:45 PM
dinnae ken....I thought there can only be one scapegoat after the match :greengrin

Not according to you, and many like you. It happens every week, someone will criticises a player, but someone like yourself has to come back and say, yes he was *****, but so was riordan/zemamma/nish. Why is this?

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Not according to you, and many like you. It happens every week, someone will criticises a player, but someone like yourself has to come back and say, yes he was *****, but so was riordan/zemamma/nish. Why is this?

Because usually 9 times out of 10 they have been just as p!sh :devil:

CapitalHibs
17-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Needs to be categorised:wink: Is it the same pish or some different type of pish?

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 03:50 PM

Well start your own thread on it.

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Well start your own thread on it.

But then there would be no space for all the yams threads and rumours of Bob Malcolm signing :greengrin

lEXO
17-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Seems to be a common theme at the moment with the goals we lose.Someone makes a bad pass,pulls out of a tackle,opposition break away,defence dragged about, then goal.Seems to me that it,s more than just Hogg to blame really.We arent playing well as a team just now and to pin the blame on one player is unfair.Collectively we aren,t doing enough.

Toaods
17-01-2010, 04:00 PM
I don't mind people critising players performences

...but you did....:wink:

Gatecrasher
17-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Should we all run our opinion via PM with you before posting? Someone starts a perfectly legitimate thread about a player, who many Hibs fans feels is not doing the damage at all this season, and many question whether he is captain material.

Explain me stating that I feel he should not be Hibernians captain, with this "general attitude towards certain players" that seems to piss you off!!

Your posts are guff on this thread, and rather than slating those on it, perhaps you could give us your insights via an e.g "hogg is barrie and should be team captain because..." thread, rather than spouting pash about "this weeks scapegoat".

if people question hoggs ability to be captain is fair enough, football is all about opinions :wink:

the point im trying to get across is this "captain, dont make me laugh."

ripping the pish out of our own players is going to get us nowhere, especially our captian (despite his abillity to so this up for debate)

if people think hogg isnt good enough for the captaincy or hibs thats fair enough but smart arse comments like that :blah:

there is a another thread on here and is one nearly week saying how bad our away/home support is, players getting ripped into for no reason, not getting behind the team etc

iv lost count how many times iv heard a manager/player/commentator say the 12th (the fans) man can make a big difference,

so if players are getting slagged on here and at the grounds week in week out how do you expect them to do well for the fans that are taking the piss?

Big Frank
17-01-2010, 04:36 PM
if people question hoggs ability to be captain is fair enough, football is all about opinions :wink:

the point im trying to get across is this "captain, dont make me laugh."

ripping the pish out of our own players is going to get us nowhere, especially our captian (despite his abillity to so this up for debate)

if people think hogg isnt good enough for the captaincy or hibs thats fair enough but smart arse comments like that :blah:

there is a another thread on here and is one nearly week saying how bad our away/home support is, players getting ripped into for no reason, not getting behind the team etc

iv lost count how many times iv heard a manager/player/commentator say the 12th (the fans) man can make a big difference,

so if players are getting slagged on here and at the grounds week in week out how do you expect them to do well for the fans that are taking the piss?

I don't think Hogg is captain material. In fact I think he's gash. Is that all right wi' you?

"Captain, don't make me laugh" constitutes a smart arsed comment? I dinnae get you at all:confused::confused:.

You were spouting pish about the next scapegoat. I thought it was pish, and it looks like others on here agree with me, ie players being discussed does not mean the next "scapegoat"!! Its a messageboard FFS:faf:

Lastly, players getting slagged on .net has nada to do with them being crap week in week out. Really.

Gatecrasher
17-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't think Hogg is captain material. In fact I think he's gash. Is that all right wi' you? i think he is a good SPL defender but i think Murray would make a better captain - so it is all right wi me

"Captain, don't make me laugh" constitutes a smart arsed comment? I dinnae get you at all:confused::confused:. good, i would rather you didnt

You were spouting pish about the next scapegoat. I thought it was pish, and it looks like others on here agree with me, ie players being discussed does not mean the next "scapegoat"!! Its a messageboard FFS:faf: eh, yeah i did say discussing differing opinions is part of football :rolleyes:

Lastly, players getting slagged on .net has nada to do with them being crap week in week out. Really.i just think some players are unfairly slated on here at times.

if you dont agree then thats fine :wink:

i just posted something i thought needed to be pointed out that's all

blackhibee
17-01-2010, 05:37 PM
The problem I have is that I really don't have anything personal against Hogg, and the team played collectively poorly yesterday,not just him, I just think he's very overrated by a lot of people, because last season he was playing in a side that wasn't particularly good he got a lot of credit which was way over the top but because a lot of the players sometimes played a lot worse then him, even though they had more ability, he was seen as a great player. I must emphasize, he isn't a bad player, he's just an average player, no more than that. The problem regarding 'scapegoats' etc to me anyway, stems from too many people giving him too much credit when in fact he was just doing what he was supposed to do anyway. He seems to be an honest enough sort of bloke, talking to the fans after a bad performance and all that, but those words seem pretty meaningless if his performances don't get better I'm sorry to say.

millarco
17-01-2010, 06:47 PM
Having just watched the highlights for the first time I think it's a bit harsh to attribute blame to Hogg. He still had his own man to mark (Daly?), and Wotherspoon hadn't tucked in enough for him to pass the man on. As it was he tried to split the men, and was inches away from pulling off a good blocking challenge. I'd be more concerned about Riordan jumping out of the original challenge, and Swanson having a free run right through the middle without anyone near him.

Allant1981
17-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Wasnt hogg marking the guy behind him? He then ran over to try and clear the shot that was coming in, he ran past the midfielder(miller i think) far to easily. If people couldnt see that from being at the game or the subsequent highlights then they need their eyes checked out. As for all this talk of murray becoming captain. Why, he doesnt seem to do anything different to Hogg out on the park and we dont see them every day at training so lay off the guy and lets get behind them

hibsbollah
17-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Like the two previous posters, I think its obvious from the highlights Hogg was exposed and had to concentrate on Daly, which he did until he had no other choice. Sometimes you just have to credit the attacking team:cool2:

shagpile
17-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Like the two previous posters, I think its obvious from the highlights Hogg was exposed and had to concentrate on Daly, which he did until he had no other choice. Sometimes you just have to credit the attacking team:cool2:

Hogg didn't have to concentrate on Daly. If Hogg was the only man with a chance of stopping Swanson getting in there ,then he had to go to him.
If by trying to stop Swanson the ball gets passed/breaks to Daly then that is tough luck, **** happens.
I have not seen the highlights but from memory i think Hogg was the only man left with a chance of stopping Swanson, or at least getting a block in.
Anyway, it all happened after a totally gutless attempt to hold the ball up by Riordan, who along with Zemamma should be given a rest.

danhibees1875
17-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Having just watched the highlights for the first time I think it's a bit harsh to attribute blame to Hogg. He still had his own man to mark (Daly?), and Wotherspoon hadn't tucked in enough for him to pass the man on. As it was he tried to split the men, and was inches away from pulling off a good blocking challenge. I'd be more concerned about Riordan jumping out of the original challenge, and Swanson having a free run right through the middle without anyone near him.

This. :agree:

hibsbollah
17-01-2010, 08:46 PM
Hogg didn't have to concentrate on Daly. If Hogg was the only man with a chance of stopping Swanson getting in there ,then he had to go to him.
If by trying to stop Swanson the ball gets passed/breaks to Daly then that is tough luck, **** happens.
I have not seen the highlights but from memory i think Hogg was the only man left with a chance of stopping Swanson, or at least getting a block in.
Anyway, it all happened after a totally gutless attempt to hold the ball up by Riordan, who along with Zemamma should be given a rest.

Watch the highlights and you might get a different perspective. If Hogg had followed Swanson's run earlier he would have left Daly wide open unmarked in the middle of the 6 yard box, and have been torn to shreds on here for it. Also, Riordan overan the ball which is why he lost it. It had nothing to do with being 'gutless', if he'd tried to win the ball he had knocked too far ahead of himself he would have risked a red card.

The Voice Of Reason
17-01-2010, 08:51 PM
If by trying to stop Swanson the ball gets passed/breaks to Daly then that is tough luck, **** happens.I have not seen the highlights but from memory i think Hogg was the only man left with a chance of stopping Swanson, or at least getting a block in.

Spot on mate. Anyone who has played the game at any level should realise this.

At the risk of sounding like Mikey Stewart this thread/board in general is full of "experts" who have presumably never played the game......very dangerous ! :devil:

As previously stated, Riordan did shirk out of a tackle and Swanson was free to run at goal (mainly cos he was cheating and got away with it!), however as the last line of defence Hoggy should have closed Swanson down quicker. (I am sure when he sees the replay he will acknowledge this himself!)

Mini Rant over ! :greengrin

Allant1981
17-01-2010, 08:53 PM

Eh aye he did, wotherspoon was in no mans land so hogg had to try and split them for as long as possible, your second part is just a joke, if he had went earlier and cut the ball back to daly then he would have got pelters for leaving the striker on his jack jones. The goal could have been prevented with a bit more help from his fellow players actually shifting their backsides and getting back to help out

Allant1981
17-01-2010, 08:54 PM

At the risk of sounding like Mikey Stewart this thread/board in general is full of "experts" who have presumably never played the game......very dangerous ! :devil:

As previously stated, Riordan did shirk out of a tackle and Swanson was free to run at goal (mainly cos he was cheating and got away with it!), however as the last line of defence Hoggy should have closed Swanson down quicker. (I am sure when he sees the replay he will acknowledge this himself!)

Mini Rant over ! :greengrin

Well I play to a decent standard and i would have done the exact same, I would have tried to split them for as long as possible in the hope that the midfielder who was chasing back or my fellow defenders would get back to help out

hibsbollah
17-01-2010, 08:55 PM

:faf::top marksTop marks for the cliche.

The Voice Of Reason
17-01-2010, 08:57 PM
:faf::top marksTop marks for the cliche.

Well "at the end of the day" I wanted to ensure that "all the I's were dotted and the T's were crossed".

"Moving forward" I think you will agree with me

:greengrin

P.S

If you fail to prepare you should perpare to fail. :agree:

hibsbollah
17-01-2010, 09:01 PM
Well "at the end of the day" I wanted to ensure that "all the I's were dotted and the T's were crossed".

"Moving forward" I think you will agree with me

:greengrin

P.S

If you fail to prepare you should perpare to fail. :agree:

You'll like this thread:wink:
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=170231

shagpile
17-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Well I play to a decent standard and i would have done the exact same, I would have tried to split them for as long as possible in the hope that the midfielder who was chasing back or my fellow defenders would get back to help out

So you would have done exactly as Hogg did?

The Voice Of Reason
17-01-2010, 09:06 PM
You'll like this thread:wink:
http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=170231

:tee hee:

Allant1981
17-01-2010, 09:08 PM
So you would have done exactly as Hogg did?

Pretty much, If he had went earlier then daly would have been on his own, it was a no win situation, Ive been in that situation plenty of times and have stood off as long as possible. sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt. Just a pity it was the latter this time

Hibs Spain
17-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Hogg is a poor defender, never a leader of men either.

You don't have to agree with me to impress your mates..

The Voice Of Reason
17-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Pretty much, If he had went earlier then daly would have been on his own, it was a no win situation, Ive been in that situation plenty of times and have stood off as long as possible. sometimes it works out sometimes it doesnt. Just a pity it was the latter this time

I respect your opinion, so lets agree to disagree. :agree:

It all happened very fast and fair play to Utd it was a decent goal, but surely if Hogg had moved accross Wotherspoon would also have done so, thus covering Daly (and leaving his man free, the chap with the least chance of scoring!)

That was the way I was taught to defend anyway....the defence being on a "piece of string" so to speak and working as a unit.

shagpile
17-01-2010, 09:15 PM
Watch the highlights and you might get a different perspective. If Hogg had followed Swanson's run earlier he would have left Daly wide open unmarked in the middle of the 6 yard box, and have been torn to shreds on here for it. Also, Riordan overan the ball which is why he lost it. It had nothing to do with being 'gutless', if he'd tried to win the ball he had knocked too far ahead of himself he would have risked a red card.

Of course he would have left Daly open, but as i pointed out earlier sometimes as superhib1 said,it is a no win situation when you are left 2 on1 & as a defender then that is how it is. Yogi will know Hogg was damned if he did & damned if he didn't.

By diving in to the tackle? No chance Riordan would even put a foot in.

Allant1981
17-01-2010, 09:21 PM
I respect your opinion, so lets agree to disagree. :agree:

It all happened very fast and fair play to Utd it was a decent goal, but surely if Hogg had moved accross Wotherspoon would also have done so, thus covering Daly (and leaving his man free, the chap with the least chance of scoring!)

That was the way I was taught to defend anyway....the defence being on a "piece of string" so to speak and working as a unit.

Thats what should happen but if you look at wotherspoon he was in no mans land, he was ages away from daly, leaving hogg to try and cover him as well as go block the shot/run

Hibs Spain
17-01-2010, 09:25 PM

I think when Hogg sees it he will be disappointed. :grr:Do you think the goalie could have got to the shot that ended up in the net?

Newhaven
17-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Do you think the goalie could have got to the shot that ended up in the net?

WARNING

:troll:

MrRobot
17-01-2010, 09:32 PM
I thought Hogg started the season poorly but started playing well again when he got back int he team. Against Hearts though I didnt think he had a good game. To blame him for the goal yesterday is just taking the p!ss. Cregg never kept track of his man and Hogg tried to cover for him messing up.

Pretty Boy
17-01-2010, 09:32 PM

I'm certain you would have saved it Yves.

jdships
17-01-2010, 09:34 PM

Agree totally with what you write :thumbsup:
Football is all about commitment and application for the good of the team .
Yesterday ,from what I saw , there were one or two who seemed "reluctant" to work just that wee bit harder to help their team mates.
Without stating the obvious football is a team game at what ever level it is played you cannot afford that to happen.
I agree with Yogi when he says " get your fingers out ot get out "

:flag:

Allant1981
17-01-2010, 09:37 PM

Nah i think you would have been to slow getting down to it maka

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 09:38 PM

:tee hee:

Hibs Spain
17-01-2010, 09:46 PM

We live in a free society..You don't have to answer:wink:

Pretty Boy
17-01-2010, 09:58 PM
We live in a free society..You don't have to answer:wink:

And you don't have to make ridiculous comments about every keeper who isn't Maka. You were always on defending Maka when he was getting a hard time which was fine if a little misguided.

However you don't see to extend this patience to any other goalkeeper we have. You were never off Andy McNeills case, you started a thread about Stack within hours off his league debut against celtc, you were the only poster who thought Smith could have done better for the goal against Hearts and now this. Smith made a fantastic save from a deflected free kick yesterday, he made a fine save from a close range header and he saved a penalty. He was beaten at the goal from about 9 yards out with a shot that was just inside the post. Not one other poster felt the need to pass comment about Smith at the goal yet you did.

I don't think you realise it is possible to support Maka and believe he is the best goalkeeper we have without constantly putting down our other goalkeepers. When Smith deserves criticism then i'm sure plenty people will be only too happy to give him it but quite frankly you childish attitude about anyone who isn't Maka is tiresome and downright pathetic.

Hibs Spain
17-01-2010, 10:15 PM
And you don't have to make ridiculous comments about every keeper who isn't Maka. You were always on defending Maka when he was getting a hard time which was fine if a little misguided.

However you don't see to extend this patience to any other goalkeeper we have. You were never off Andy McNeills case, you started a thread about Stack within hours off his league debut against celtc, you were the only poster who thought Smith could have done better for the goal against Hearts and now this. Smith made a fantastic save from a deflected free kick yesterday, he made a fine save from a close range header and he saved a penalty. He was beaten at the goal from about 9 yards out with a shot that was just inside the post. Not one other poster felt the need to pass comment about Smith at the goal yet you did.

I don't think you realise it is possible to support Maka and believe he is the best goalkeeper we have without constantly putting down our other goalkeepers. When Smith deserves criticism then i'm sure plenty people will be only too happy to give him it but quite frankly you childish attitude about anyone who isn't Maka is tiresome and downright pathetic.The ball went past him as he fell down without diving to his right. The ball passed him by inches. No one else commented because Smith did nothing exceptionally bad or good... So.. That's OK.We lost three points and the goalie just blended into the defeat without critisism because a run of the mill goalie is hard to critisise...Well, there you go :greengrin

Septimus
18-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Hogg made a determined effort to close down Swanson. At fault were Murray and Hanlon. I heard this first on the Hibs net commentary and it was later backed up by BBC Alba.

Argylehibby
18-01-2010, 12:16 PM
I've been a fan of Hogg in the years he's been at the club but his recent performances have been very poor. Was at the game today but couldn't see what you're referring to due to a poor seating position and will have to see it on tv. However, his positioning was at fault for the Hearts goal and at least Miller's equaliser in the Rangers game.

Needs to improve rapidly or he won't get a game as there are other players there capable of doing a job.

Can't believe I've made my 2000th post a criticism of the club captain. :boo hoo:

Hogg plays on the right side of the central pair. Against DU and Rangers the goals came through the channel supposedly filled by the left sided plyer of the 2, namely Murray and Bamba. where were these two when these goals were created? Not where they should have been so when Hogg trys to cover for them he gets it in the neck.

against Hearts yes, his fault but not the other 2.

Mikeystewart
18-01-2010, 04:53 PM

If the forwards had taken there chances we would have won the game.

The Voice Of Reason
18-01-2010, 04:59 PM
If the forwards had taken there chances we would have won the game.

Eh ?!? :confused:

Can't recall us creating that many chances tbh.

hibiedude
18-01-2010, 06:02 PM

At last R01rdan is found out

truehibernian
18-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Three errors contributed to the goal. Riordan's failure to keep possession and lose the ball, Paul Hanlon being caught out of position (yet again) and Hogg not anticipating the inside pass (as Murray had gone to close down Goodwillie to cover for Hanlon). Dundee Utd could have been two or three goals to the good first half, and Hibs have been woeful this last few games. Hughes formations have to change away from home, it's that simple, especially against teams that are known for their defensive capabilities such as Hearts and Utd. You can't win these games with essentially a two man midfield, and two luxuries on the wide areas. It has to be a solid bank of four, with Miller perhaps asked to push up (as he did second half), but with hard working players in the middle. Galbraith simply has to be given a shout, and Riordan, if not benched, played up front where his finishing ability will far far outweigh his lack of workrate. Stokes has ploughed his own furrow this last three games and done remarkably well as what is really a lone striker role. Back four of McCormack, Thicot, Hogg and Murray..........midfield of Wotherspoon, Miller, McBride (Cregg), Galbraith......front two of Stokes and Riordan !

500miles
18-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Eh ?!? :confused:

Can't recall us creating that many chances tbh.

Wotherspoon should have scored - although there was a degree of bad luck in coming so close without reward.

Nish should of scored, although Webster done well to stop him getting positioned as he would have liked.

Rankin's freekick wasn't all that far away from going in. (in fact, I know it's fashionable to give him pelters, but his ball to Wotherspoon at the end was a cracker.)

Miller should have scored.

Riordan surrendering the ball for thier goal was criminal though. If he didn't think it was a good idea to tackle, he should have at least stood his ground, and chased, instead of running past the player.

The Voice Of Reason
21-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Well well well, having just listened to Yogis's interview on Hibs TV, he says that "Hoggy could have come accross and forced the boy into playing the pass to Daly".......or words along those lines.

A game of opinions........nice to be proved right though :wink: :greengrin