PDA

View Full Version : Mike Conroy. Is there a history of him against us?

xyz23jc
16-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Reason I ask, is that he was totally abysmal today. Any thoughts/info? :confused:

Hibernian Verse
16-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Steve Conroy and, here's his Hibs games.

http://www.football-lineups.com/referee/585/Games/?fo=0&ft=Hibernian

22 Yellows in our games and one red, Karipidis :wink:

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Apparent Celtic fan. No wonder! It all makes sense now that he wouldn't want us catching up with Celtic!
:devil:

Conspiracy theorist? Moi?:greengrin

xyz23jc
16-01-2010, 07:18 PM
Dunno what to make of that mikey, judging from the fans reaction, I thought there was something more substantial!!! Jambo/Hun barsteward were a few of the insult levelled in his direction! Whatever it was, he, and his officials were total s**** today! Stevie wonder would have been mortified! :grr:

Prof. Shaggy
16-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Mike Conroy, the Celtic player from the 70s had a younger brother called Steve. I always wondered if it was the same. Possibly a little too old for the referee.

BigKev
16-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Steve Conroy is normally pretty efficient at his job but today he had a howler and would probably admit (after watching video evidence) that he was a big bit bias to the hosts today.

As a support though we were too silent to get on his back - our crowd today was good but the backing ****in~ terrible. Should have given Conroy a far harder time today than he got. Some of his decisions were scandalous.

Hopefull he won't get another HFC game again this season but no doubt the big buftys at the SFA wil think he's had a great game and reward him with our next 4 or 5.

forthhibby
16-01-2010, 07:49 PM
just saw 'penalty' on alba, you can clearly see hogg is standing outside the box when he makes tackle, not only conroy was shocking, linesman far side from us didn't seem to have a clue

Jumbo
16-01-2010, 08:09 PM
The bald linesman in front of us today was shocking, was him that said Hoggs tackle was inside the box, and seemed to have his flag up any time we looked like doing anything in the 2nd half :grr:

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Mike Conroy, the Celtic player from the 70s had a younger brother called Steve. I always wondered if it was the same. Possibly a little too old for the referee.

One of the most disappointing Hibs players I have ever seen. Arrived in a wave of expectancy.

He was mince.

He left.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2010, 08:23 PM
just saw 'penalty' on alba, you can clearly see hogg is standing outside the box when he makes tackle, not only conroy was shocking, linesman far side from us didn't seem to have a clue

As much as Conroy didn't have his best ever game, he was badly let down by his two linesman. The far side boy had a shocker. In the second half he gave a ridiculous corner for something that happened a few yards in front of him, and then was over-ruled by Conroy who was in the middle of pitch. Mind you, the officials were no the reason we got beat today.:bitchy:

Prof. Shaggy
16-01-2010, 08:23 PM
One of the most disappointing Hibs players I have ever seen. Arrived in a wave of expectancy.

He was mince.

He left.

I had a sneaking thought that he did play for us... obviously didn't make a huge impact on my consciousness.

Looking at the SFA refs list, however, the Steve Conroy who reffed today can't be Mike's brother unless he went to University when he was 11.

tooley
16-01-2010, 08:29 PM
As much as Conroy didn't have his best ever game, he was badly let down by his two linesman. The far side boy had a shocker. In the second half he gave a ridiculous corner for something that happened a few yards in front of him, and then was over-ruled by Conroy who was in the middle of pitch. Mind you, the officials were no the reason we got beat today.:bitchy:

My thoughts exactly, it was also the linesmans choice to give a pen when Conroy was giving a free kick.:bitchy:

CropleyWasGod
16-01-2010, 08:30 PM
[QUOTE=Prof. ****gy;2312262]I had a sneaking thought that he did play for us... obviously didn't make a huge impact on my consciousness.

QUOTE]

You and many, many others. :agree: I, however, like to face up to those horrors now and again, just to get some perspective and remind myself how fortunate we are.

For every Bamba, there were a dozen Rikki Flemings.

For every Deek, a hundred Joe Wards.

For every Maka, ...... um...... :confused:

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=Prof. ****gy;2312262]I had a sneaking thought that he did play for us... obviously didn't make a huge impact on my consciousness.

QUOTE]

You and many, many others. :agree: I, however, like to face up to those horrors now and again, just to get some perspective and remind myself how fortunate we are.

For every Bamba, there were a dozen Rikki Flemings.

For every Deek, a hundred Joe Wards.

For every Maka, ...... um...... :confused:

For every Maka, one Malkowski was enough, quite enough!