PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller

CallumHibs07
16-01-2010, 07:13 PM
Lets be honest, he was ****ing murder today. That is all.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:14 PM
Lets be honest, he was ****ing murder today. That is all.

Has been murder since the Rangers match.............

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2010, 07:15 PM
He was awful, as were the other 2 CMs. He seems to struggle without McBride, you can see the two of them just work together; makes you think a half fit McBride would have maybe been better today than what was out there..

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 07:16 PM

So is he a waster like Riordan then?

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 07:16 PM
He struggles because he's always mopping up after Rankin because he has no confidence is Rankin's abilities, thus he is trying to do jobs, neither of them particularly well. Launch Rankin, bring back McBride. If Miller is still p1sh, we can take it from there.

Dr Jimmy
16-01-2010, 07:20 PM
he is a class player having a bad patch that's all. he will still be one of the players of the season, especially when McBride gets back and the midfield gets a settled look to it.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:25 PM
So is he a waster like Riordan then?

nope, because at least Miller tries.....

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 07:27 PM
nope, because at least Miller tries.....

What a truly pathetic post.

I wont waste my time typing anymore on the matter.

Get a grip FFS.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:28 PM
What a truly pathetic post.

I wont waste my time typing anymore on the matter.

Get a grip FFS.

So you are happy to have a non trying passenger in our side.....??

How is it pathetic?? I believe Riordan to be a lazy waster my opinion, if you dont like, tough

truehibernian
16-01-2010, 07:30 PM
Riordan.....murder last five six games ! Golden child though and wont suffer the same way others do. Imagine what a player he would be if he knew a football pitch is actually made up of two halves and in one of them you have to work, harry and defend properly.

Davy Mac
16-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I don't know, we wait an eternity for players like Deeks, Miller, Stokes etc to come to Hibs and then we just slag them off week in week out.

Anyone who kens anything about fitba should know these players won't perform week in week out because the wouldnae be at Hibs if they did.

Let's just enjoy when they do turn it on but let's not hound them out.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't know, we wait an eternity for players like Deeks, Miller, Stokes etc to come to Hibs and then we just slag them off week in week out.

Anyone who kens anything about fitba should know these players won't perform week in week out because the wouldnae be at Hibs if they did.

Riordan is not performing for us though...............

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 07:35 PM

Agree. When Riordan screwed up that through ball in the first half, LH Snr turned to me and said 'That's why he's at Hibs.' It's true. The reason we have players like Riordan, Stokes etc., is because they're missing something. That's why Stokes didn't make it in the EPL, and probably to a certain degree why Riordan vanished at Celtic.

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 07:35 PM

How is it pathetic?? I believe Riordan to be a lazy waster my opinion, if you dont like, tough

Do you honestly believe Riordan doesnt try a leg? do you genuinley believe he sets out each game NOT to try?..Riordan's not a passenger, he's a matchwinner, granted he's been gash in recent weeks but so have many of the team..are they lazy wasters?..what about Liam Millers pass when he gave the ball away against Der Hun at ER when we were 1-0 up and Miller promptly made it 1-1?..what a lazy pass that was eh?

Calling Riordan a lazy waster is truly pathetic IMO...Hibs get on my goat sometimes but id never lower myself to calling OUR players 'lazy wasters'.

And if YOU dont like that, tough.

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Riordan is not performing for us though...............

So is most of the team FFS.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:37 PM
Do you honestly believe Riordan doesnt try a leg? do you genuinley believe he sets out each game NOT to try?..Riordan's not a passenger, he's a matchwinner, granted he's been gash in recent weeks but so have many of the team..are they lazy wasters?..what about Liam Millers pass when he gave the ball away against Der Hun at ER when we were 1-0 up and Miller promptly made it 1-1?..what a lazy pass that was eh?

Calling Riordan a lazy waster is truly pathetic IMO...Hibs get on my goat sometimes but id never lower myself to calling OUR players 'lazy wasters'.

And if YOU dont like that, tough.

Today he bottled out of two tackles, one lead to a penalty, one lead to their goal........

Still he can win games :faf:

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Today he bottled out of two tackles, one lead to a penalty, one lead to their goal........

Still he can win games :faf:

Very constructive from you. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Very constructive from you. :rolleyes:

Listen his performance Today was unacceptable, hate to see players shirking tackles..... If you are happy with that fill your boots big man, £25 to watch the match, deserve players giving 100% effort, no?

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Listen his performance Today was unacceptable, hate to see players shirking tackles..... If you are happy with that fill your boots big man, £25 to watch the match, deserve players giving 100% effort, no?

Course your right :agree: 100% right:agree:

But to think Riordan sets out NOT to try is a bit harsh.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:45 PM
Course your right :agree: 100% right:agree:

But to think Riordan sets out NOT to try is a bit harsh.

Look at his body language, if it is not going his way, he is not interested.....

You need to get on with things during game, no matter how badly things are going......

HFC 0-7
16-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I like Miller, he can be an assett to the team if you have the right players around him, however, have you ever seen him take a player on? I cant recall him doing it. He loves to pass, but sometimes the pass is not on and you need to run with the ball!

Cocaine&Caviar
16-01-2010, 07:55 PM

He was very good Aberdeen Away.

Jumbo
16-01-2010, 07:59 PM

That was before the Rangers match :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 08:00 PM

That was December 19th, Rangers was December 27th....

Cabbage1875
16-01-2010, 08:02 PM

Spot on.

He is a liabilty and today he was like a man down. Rocket up arse required for the golden child I think.

PISTOL1875
16-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Spot on.

He is a liabilty and today he was like a man down. Rocket up arse required for the golden child I think.

You're right mate.. Somebody needs to tell him to put a tackle in aswell..

Cocaine&Caviar
16-01-2010, 08:10 PM
That was December 19th, Rangers was December 27th....

I thought he was referring to Rangers at Ibrox, easy mistake as Miller hasnt been great inbetween the two.

gorgie_harp
16-01-2010, 08:12 PM

:agree::agree:

HELMIE-HIBEE
16-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Riorden a bit of a complasent luxury player.. maybe a wee spell on the bench would rekindle the appetite. Some other players work twice as hard, but dont get the recognition.
Would take a lot of guts to drop him though?

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
16-01-2010, 08:15 PM

Total and utter garbage.

Until results were going against us the general oppinion of fans, media, manager and players was that Riordan was working harder than ever. Now when things aint going so well he is a lazy waster. I take it this has been you oppinion over the years while he banged in his 80+ goals for us? How many players in the modern era can speak of a scoring that amount of goals for Hibs? The whole team need a boot up the a***, Riordan included. Lazy, at times yes. A waster, no danger.

Toaods
16-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure Yogi has the mental clout yet to take these players off in a 'you didnae perform' type subbie.

At Falkirk, Latapy was the big name but nobody was ever shocked when he was taken off, not least himself, so that was easy-peasy.

As a team we do have 'mavericks' as Yogi says but when we have so many starting, if the performance is poor he must make changes where needed.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Total and utter garbage.

Until results were going against us the general oppinion of fans, media, manager and players was that Riordan was working harder than ever. Now when things aint going so well he is a lazy waster. I take it this has been you oppinion over the years while he banged in his 80+ goals for us? How many players in the modern era can speak of a scoring that amount of goals for Hibs? The whole team need a boot up the a***, Riordan included. Lazy, at times yes. A waster, no danger.

My opinion........ A great natural player when he can be bothered..... Needs to apply that every week though.........

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
16-01-2010, 08:46 PM
My opinion........ A great natural player when he can be bothered..... Needs to apply that every week though.........

To a certain extent I agree. However, he is what he is. Give me his natural talent every second week over certain other individuals in our team, who although they give 100% every week, are simply hopeless.

Deek is a match winner, a goal scorer. Get him up front and the goals will flow.

Hiber-nation
16-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Don't think anyone can say Riordan is the golden boy and exempt from criticism as he got far more than any other player today. And deservedly so.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 08:51 PM
To a certain extent I agree. However, he is what he is. Give me his natural talent every second week over certain other individuals in our team, who although they give 100% every week, are simply hopeless.

Deek is a match winner, a goal scorer. Get him up front and the goals will flow.

Can you imagine his natural talent, coupled with a 100% effort, now that would be better surely?

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm not sure Yogi has the mental clout yet to take these players off in a 'you didnae perform' type subbie.

At Falkirk, Latapy was the big name but nobody was ever shocked when he was taken off, not least himself, so that was easy-peasy.

As a team we do have 'mavericks' as Yogi says but when we have so many starting, if the performance is poor he must make changes where needed.

I'd say riordan was the only (maverick) we have. He's the only one who does not seem to do much running, much working, or indeed much of anything, yet he is our 2nd top goalscorer, and probably right up there with assists. He is capable of much more, i'd rather he was played further up the park, as he will never make a left midfielder, you have to do more than he does, to play that position.

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
16-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Can you imagine his natural talent, coupled with a 100% effort, now that would be better surely?

From the teams perspective, of course it would be. Like I say though, he is what he is. Always has been always will be. Play him up front, more chances = more goals, whilst he wouldn't use so much of his energy running towards his own goal. The most talented player in our team, let him play where he does what he does best, score goals.

allmodcons
16-01-2010, 09:16 PM
From the teams perspective, of course it would be. Like I say though, he is what he is. Always has been always will be. Play him up front, more chances = more goals, whilst he wouldn't use so much of his energy running towards his own goal. The most talented player in our team, let him play where he does what he does best, score goals.

No doubt he has talent and don't expect him to be making crunching tackles, but today he actually RAN AWAY from making a couple of challenges.

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Burn him at the stake..

Along with other no hopers Riordan, Benji and Zemamma..

They're not Hibs class..

If we get rid of these duds it could free up wages which would allow is to sign more players like Rankin, Hogg and Makalambay!

Guys who really try hard, always give 100%, always put a good shift in, clap the fans and are down right nice guys to boot!

weonlywon6-2
16-01-2010, 09:27 PM
He struggles because he's always mopping up after Rankin because he has no confidence is Rankin's abilities, thus he is trying to do jobs, neither of them particularly well. Launch Rankin, bring back McBride. If Miller is still p1sh, we can take it from there.

:top marks

Devine
16-01-2010, 09:34 PM
Burn him at the stake..

Along with other no hopers Riordan, Benji and Zemamma..

They're not Hibs class..

If we get rid of these duds it could free up wages which would allow is to sign more players like Rankin, Hogg and Makalambay!

Guys who really try hard, always give 100%, always put a good shift in, clap the fans and are down right nice guys to boot!

Another post from you of sheer nonsense!

Nobody is saying that these guys are not Hibs class the fact is they have not been playing well enough and some especially Riordan need to put in more of an effort to contribute positively to the team when we arent playing well.

If you think everythings hunky dory and these guys are exempt from criticism when they are not up to scratch as they have a certain amount of ability then you need to have a word with yourself!

Bonnyrigg H.F.C
16-01-2010, 09:35 PM
No doubt he has talent and don't expect him to be making crunching tackles, but today he actually RAN AWAY from making a couple of challenges.

My argument is that over the course of a season his talent will show through. Other guys in our team such as Rankin cover a lot more ground than Deek, what product is there though? Like I said earlier the whole team need a kick up the a***, including him.

As for tackling today, on various occasions in the 1st half we had 2 or 3 our midfielders going for the one ball. In the second half Miller near enough going in to a 50/50 with Hanlon. Comical at times.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 09:36 PM
How anyone can say Miller is crap is beyond me. He's the only one in the middle of the park who plays with his head up. Without McBride, we toil to retain the ball. Wotherspoon is going through a bad spell, and cant seem to find a hibs shirt when on the ball. Rankin runs about, thats it. And Zemamma is injured. Riordan is not a midfielder. He needs help, he cant do it all on his own.

weonlywon6-2
16-01-2010, 09:36 PM

good post,a couple of signings and hopefully we will pick up again !!

weonlywon6-2
16-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I like Miller, he can be an assett to the team if you have the right players around him, however, have you ever seen him take a player on? I cant recall him doing it. He loves to pass, but sometimes the pass is not on and you need to run with the ball!

and david beckham took players on ?????

:wink::wink:

Spike Mandela
16-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Riordan.....murder last five six games ! Golden child though and wont suffer the same way others do. Imagine what a player he would be if he knew a football pitch is actually made up of two halves and in one of them you have to work, harry and defend properly.

Yeah, and imagine if he was a striker who could get you 20+ goals a season and was actually played as a ****ing striker!

It's like buying Sea the Stars and using him to plough a field:grr:

Expecting Rain
16-01-2010, 09:56 PM
How anyone can say Miller is crap is beyond me. He's the only one in the middle of the park who plays with his head up. Without McBride, we toil to retain the ball. Wotherspoon is going through a bad spell, and cant seem to find a hibs shirt when on the ball. Rankin runs about, thats it. And Zemamma is injured. Riordan is not a midfielder. He needs help, he cant do it all on his own.

Liam isn`t in the same class as Joe Keenan, Chisholm,Rankin and Brian Kerr, oh what a mistake it was letting these guys go, maybe we could swap Stokes and Riordan for Morais and Courier, oh the good all days.

Andy74
16-01-2010, 09:58 PM

Agree totally. I sometimes wonder if we deserve half decent players.

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Liam isn`t in the same class as Joe Keenan, Chisholm,Rankin and Brian Kerr, oh what a mistake it was letting these guys go, maybe we could swap Stokes and Riordan for Morais and Courier, oh the good all days.

Another post from you of sheer nonsense

I'm_cabbaged
16-01-2010, 10:01 PM

Whooshhh

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Whooshhh

My cabbage loving friend, I think the only whooshhh in here should be for you :wink:

I'm_cabbaged
16-01-2010, 10:06 PM
My cabbage loving friend, I think the only whooshhh in here should be for you :wink:

Is that me found guilty of not reading the whole thread before posting again? :greengrin

Expecting Rain
16-01-2010, 10:07 PM

:greengrin

1875 NO 1
16-01-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah, and imagine if he was a striker who could get you 20+ goals a season and was actually played as a ****ing striker!

It's like buying Sea the Stars and using him to plough a field:grr:
deek's never played as a striker. Under mogga he did play more attacking role on the left side.

He is being played too deep, but there is no reason for his poor workrate. Look at Ryan Giggs top pro worked his nuts off working up and down the line

MussyHibby
17-01-2010, 01:07 PM
I reiterate my point from last week ( and will continue to do so ), LM is overated by the vast majority of Hibees. Post Rangers, he has been very ordinary. For me, even prior to that, he was not the player some said he was...................'til next week!:agree:

500miles
17-01-2010, 01:26 PM
I'd say riordan was the only (maverick) we have. He's the only one who does not seem to do much running, much working, or indeed much of anything, yet he is our 2nd top goalscorer, and probably right up there with assists. He is capable of much more, i'd rather he was played further up the park, as he will never make a left midfielder, you have to do more than he does, to play that position.

The thing is BH, he played well there for 4 or 5 games on the trot. Then it was like he took the huff at not getting as many chances at goal, taking no consolation, or more suitably, no pride in the fact that he was playing an integral part in the Hibernian FC machine.

Every time someone defends a player like Rankin saying " he tries his heart out", the response is, invariably, "well so would every single Hibs fan in the ground". I know one that rarely does. And I'm not going to say that Rankin is a better player, but I think that the rest of the team plays better when a bad player tries hard, than when a "superstar" is half hearted. That really irritates those covering for him, and so much of football is about mentality, that it is bound to have some effect.

As for being our second top scorer, and up there with assists, well, I would argue that for all the goals he can score, that's another goal conceded this week from a chain of events that HE started. Furthermore the SPL has Rankin as our top assists contributer, with 3 that he gained playing out on the wing at the start of the season.

hibiedude
17-01-2010, 01:43 PM
R01rdan could sit in the centre circle and some on the site would make excuses for him the facts are he is a lazy git and needs time on the bench.

If you look at Stokes when he loses the ball he goes to win it back but Deeks just gives up he honestly give you the impression that he couldn't care less.

marinello59
17-01-2010, 01:46 PM

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Rankin's hampering Miller's play...

As for Deek...needs to be benched before the fans turn on him (quite a few at the game yesterday getting annoyed at his huffiness and poor body language)

hfc rd
18-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Don't think he was really murder on Sat. He couldn't play his game because he had to keep cleaning Rankin's mistake's up. The sooner McBride is back, the better.

Danderhall Hibs
18-01-2010, 10:50 AM

That's exactly my thoughts on this.

The "Liam Miller's pish" thing was started by jambos who can't believe we've signed a player of his quality. Unfortunatley some Hibs fans seem to be easily swayed into believing what Hearts fans tell them.

Tyler Durden
18-01-2010, 01:28 PM
The thing is BH, he played well there for 4 or 5 games on the trot. Then it was like he took the huff at not getting as many chances at goal, taking no consolation, or more suitably, no pride in the fact that he was playing an integral part in the Hibernian FC machine.

Every time someone defends a player like Rankin saying " he tries his heart out", the response is, invariably, "well so would every single Hibs fan in the ground". I know one that rarely does. And I'm not going to say that Rankin is a better player, but I think that the rest of the team plays better when a bad player tries hard, than when a "superstar" is half hearted. That really irritates those covering for him, and so much of football is about mentality, that it is bound to have some effect.

As for being our second top scorer, and up there with assists, well, I would argue that for all the goals he can score, that's another goal conceded this week from a chain of events that HE started. Furthermore the SPL has Rankin as our top assists contributer, with 3 that he gained playing out on the wing at the start of the season.

The SPL site is clearly p*sh cos I can think of Riordan having at least 4 assists. Stokes goal in the derby, Stokes 1st vs Well at ER. Nish's goal at Well, the OG that they took off Riordan vs Falkirk at ER.

He's probably got a few more, that's just off the top of my head.

ShanksSaidNo
18-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Don't think he was really murder on Sat. He couldn't play his game because he had to keep cleaning Rankin's mistake's up. The sooner McBride is back, the better.
Absolutely - lets not judge Miller when at the moment he is basically having to do the job of 2 Centre Midfielders due to the fact that Rankin is incapable.
Granted if come the end of the season he has still been horse whilst playing alongside KMcB we can start to question his ability but certainly not now!

In my opinion Liam Miller is the best player in the current squad.

Andy74
18-01-2010, 05:12 PM
Absolutely - lets not judge Miller when at the moment he is basically having to do the job of 2 Centre Midfielders due to the fact that Rankin is incapable.
Granted if come the end of the season he has still been horse whilst playing alongside KMcB we can start to question his ability but certainly not now!

In my opinion Liam Miller is the best player in the current squad.

I think he's the best player we've had since Sauzee.

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 05:16 PM
I think he's the best player we've had since Sauzee.

Nae chance.

Latapy.

matty_f
18-01-2010, 05:18 PM
That's exactly my thoughts on this.

The "Liam Miller's pish" thing was started by jambos who can't believe we've signed a player of his quality. Unfortunatley some Hibs fans seem to be easily swayed into believing what Hearts fans tell them.

Andy74
18-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Nae chance.

Latapy.

Did Sauzee not outlast Latapy?

Anyway, Sauzee was a class above Latapy!

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Did Sauzee not outlast Latapy?

Anyway, Sauzee was a class above Latapy!

Course Sauzee was a class above Latapy, You said Miller was the best player at ER since Sauzee, dont think he's anywhere near RL class, so there take that.

Cabbage1875
18-01-2010, 07:24 PM
I can appreciate that he is trying to run the midfield himself. That said, I think he can do things faster at times, he seems to get caught on the ball when there is no need. I do sympathise with him though as there arent many options for our players when they have the ball, which is half Miller's problem at the moment.

He is blatantly a class player, and with better players around him in the midfield (ie McBride) he will flourish for us, of that I have no doubt.:agree:

Andy74
18-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Course Sauzee was a class above Latapy, You said Miller was the best player at ER since Sauzee, dont think he's anywhere near RL class, so there take that.

But if latapy left before sauzee how can latapy come into contention for the best player since sauzee???

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 10:33 PM
But if latapy left before sauzee how can latapy come into contention for the best player since sauzee???

Andy, seriously, dinnae pish me off.

Liam Miller is great for Hibs but theres plenty id have ahead of him.

Liam Miller so far , absolute qaulity for Hibs, but id have quite a few players before him, and if you dont agree thats YOUR opinion, and if you wanna argue ive got allnight.
But dinnae be wide.

matty_f
18-01-2010, 10:38 PM

Liam Miller so far , absolute qaulity for Hibs, but id have quite a few players before him, and if you dont agree thats YOUR opinion, and if you wanna argue ive got allnight.
But dinnae be wide.

:tee hee:

He's right, though Andy. Latapy cannae be the best player since Sauzee, because Sauzee was here after him - that's all Andy is saying bud.:agree:

Dashing Bob S
18-01-2010, 10:42 PM

He's right, though Andy. Latapy cannae be the best player since Sauzee, because Sauzee was here after him - that's all Andy is saying bud.:agree:

You've made a mistake, Matty, Andy's talking to himself there, he didn't mean the other Andy. The clue was 'seriously, Andy, dinnae pish me off."

matty_f
18-01-2010, 10:46 PM
You've made a mistake, Matty, Andy's talking to himself there, he didn't mean the other Andy. The clue was 'seriously, Andy, dinnae pish me off."

Actually, it's you what has made the mistake, Bob.

I was talking to Andy McNab, author of some books and that. He's a keen viewer of hibs.net.:agree:

HibbyAndy
18-01-2010, 10:47 PM

Just aswell am thick skinned :thumbsup:

matty_f
18-01-2010, 10:54 PM

Just aswell am thick skinned :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

rainman
19-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Derek Riordan isn't the same player as the one that left. His inability to take advantage of the Yams piss poor right back was the perfect example of this.

He will score some screamers and i dare say win us some matches, but I don't think he will weigh in with the 20+ he used to and when he's not scoring, he is doing absolutely nowt.

Games against Killie, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts and now Dundee utd have shown him to be a complete passenger and one that we can't afford to keep carrying.

Rankin isn't making Miller look bad. Riordan and Zemmama are making Rankin and Miller look bad because they are doing the defensive work of 4 men. There is so much pressure on them and so much ground to cover, they can't get forward as much and create chances.

I've said it before but a proper left midfielder will create, score and give the other midfielders more of an opportunity to create and score more goals than Riordan is going to provide us with. It will also give the team better balance and increase the work ethic ten fold.

Danderhall Hibs
19-01-2010, 08:13 AM
Derek Riordan isn't the same player as the one that left. His inability to take advantage of the Yams piss poor right back was the perfect example of this..

How many times did he get the ball though? One of the times I remember he went passed the boy and crossed for the equaliser. Having said that he does need to play up front instead of in midfield.

MSK
19-01-2010, 09:54 AM

Just aswell am thick :thumbsup:Aye tis that...:greengrin

JimBHibees
19-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Liam Miller is quality and we should appreciate what we have as he will surely leave in the not too distant future IMO.

khib70
19-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Derek Riordan isn't the same player as the one that left. His inability to take advantage of the Yams piss poor right back was the perfect example of this.

He will score some screamers and i dare say win us some matches, but I don't think he will weigh in with the 20+ he used to and when he's not scoring, he is doing absolutely nowt.

Games against Killie, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hearts and now Dundee utd have shown him to be a complete passenger and one that we can't afford to keep carrying.

Rankin isn't making Miller look bad. Riordan and Zemmama are making Rankin and Miller look bad because they are doing the defensive work of 4 men. There is so much pressure on them and so much ground to cover, they can't get forward as much and create chances.

I've said it before but a proper left midfielder will create, score and give the other midfielders more of an opportunity to create and score more goals than Riordan is going to provide us with. It will also give the team better balance and increase the work ethic ten fold.
Mostly agree with this. I do think Rankin simply isn't good enough. However Miller most certainly is, and I agree with your analysis regarding Riordan and Zemamma.

Too many times we've been playing with a very small, two-man midfield which means they're overpowered and overstretched even by fairly ho-hum SPL midfielders when trying to defend. And when we have the ball, the lack of options in midfield often leads to the big hopeful punt, or one of the midfield two being shepherded into a blind alley.

We need a genuine left-sider, as you rightly say, and a strong physical presence in midfield. (Yes, I know, the Matty Jack thing). And we need Riordan and Zemamma to drop the laziness and selfishness and play for the team. Far too often they try the fancy option to make themselves look good and end up shooting off target or losing the ball.

I'm pretty confident that Yogi knows all this and more, and will be taking the necessary steps. That's the difference from last year - then I had no confidence in the manager either being aware of the team's weaknesses, or having any ability to do anything about it.

Andy74
19-01-2010, 11:18 AM

But dinnae be wide.

Dinnae be wide??

Do you know what 'since' means? :greengrin

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Dinnae be wide??

Do you know what 'since' means? :greengrin

Matty Put me right

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andy74
19-01-2010, 11:38 AM

Matty Put me right

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hobo muppet :agree:

HibbyAndy
19-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Hobo muppet :agree:

'Since' 2007 :greengrin

TRC
19-01-2010, 03:56 PM
I Think everyone likes our midfield this year better than last, IMHO Zouma is never effective in the winter months.

rainman
20-01-2010, 03:24 AM
Mostly agree with this. I do think Rankin simply isn't good enough. However Miller most certainly is, and I agree with your analysis regarding Riordan and Zemamma.

Too many times we've been playing with a very small, two-man midfield which means they're overpowered and overstretched even by fairly ho-hum SPL midfielders when trying to defend. And when we have the ball, the lack of options in midfield often leads to the big hopeful punt, or one of the midfield two being shepherded into a blind alley.

We need a genuine left-sider, as you rightly say, and a strong physical presence in midfield. (Yes, I know, the Matty Jack thing). And we need Riordan and Zemamma to drop the laziness and selfishness and play for the team. Far too often they try the fancy option to make themselves look good and end up shooting off target or losing the ball.

I'm pretty confident that Yogi knows all this and more, and will be taking the necessary steps. That's the difference from last year - then I had no confidence in the manager either being aware of the team's weaknesses, or having any ability to do anything about it.

For me, Rankin is the definition of a squad player. Not on a great wage, good attitude and can do a job when called upon. McBride will be back in as soon as he's ready. Rankin is nowhere near as good but you would have to say he has done a job when needed.