PDA

View Full Version : Paddy Cregg....Did he Play?

Sergey
16-01-2010, 07:08 PM
I've not seen anyone mention Cregg in any of the threads, but having listened to the match on-line, IIRC, the only time he was mentioned was at H-T when he was hooked for Thicot.

Maybe a new .net scapegoat.

Cregg GTF

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I've not seen anyone mention Cregg in any of the threads, but having listened to the match on-line, IIRC, the only time he was mentioned was at H-T when he was hooked for Thicot.

Maybe a new .net scapegoat.

Cregg GTF

He was nowhere near as bad as others.....

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2010, 07:11 PM
He was one of our 3 CMs who were totally outclassed in the first half by Uniteds 2.

Was a really good opportunity for him, he gets talked up as the right sort of player for today, who will dig in, break up attacks etc, and he just didnt take the chance which was disappointing.

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I honestly didn't know he was playing - got in late thanks to the fuddery with the turnstiles - and was stunned to see him pop up about 25 minutes into the first half.

ronaldo7
16-01-2010, 07:28 PM
He was one of our 3 CMs who were totally outclassed in the first half by Uniteds 2.

Was a really good opportunity for him, he gets talked up as the right sort of player for today, who will dig in, break up attacks etc, and he just didnt take the chance which was disappointing.

Who were falling over each other in the middle of the park. No width whatsoever. :grr:

keep the faith
16-01-2010, 08:53 PM
He needed two touches everytime he got on the ball against Irvine Meadow, so was surprised he got the nod today. Stevenson looked far sharper last week and deserving of a start.

BigKev
16-01-2010, 08:59 PM
Should have started ahead of Rankin after his "performance" last week but agree he wasn't great.

Still think Ranks should have been replaced rather than him at half time as he was the busier CM first half.

I now believe his confidence is shot and will probably never play for us again (from the start).

The Harp Awakes
16-01-2010, 09:05 PM
He needed two touches everytime he got on the ball against Irvine Meadow, so was surprised he got the nod today. Stevenson looked far sharper last week and deserving of a start.

Totally disagree. Cregg has hardly started a game since he joined Hibs and deserved his chance in the first 11 today. It didn't happen for him but overall it was a poor team performance.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2010, 09:41 PM
I think that his lack of games and match sharpness was obvious. His inclusion today and also Zemmama's [ was he injured again?] need to be seen as risks that we didn't need to take as that left us with only one subbie to make [Nish] when we were chasing the game. The long held opinion is that Cregg and McBride are so similar, they can't be played in the same X1, so it makes no sense that when KM has been injured recently, PC has not been a straight swap.