PDA

View Full Version : Steven Thicot

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 06:50 PM
A bright spark in an otherwise lacklustre performance.
I'd be fine with him starting at RB week in week out, allowing Spoon to move into midfield. Thought he slotted in like he'd been playing there all season, which is comforting.

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I thought he was good when he came on, a few slack passes later on in the game but alot better than some of the crap on the pitch today.

Shrekko
I'd be fine with him starting at RB week in week out, allowing Spoon to move into midfield. Thought he slotted in like he'd been playing there all season, which is comforting.

Thought he was excellent- looks like a football player.

Not sure about right back though, I'd have him at centre half just now.

Hainan Hibs
I'm glad to hear that, I've always wanted him to get more of a chance because he has looked decent in the games he has played, especially when he was at CB along with Murray at Tynecastle.

col02
16-01-2010, 06:53 PM
Felt a bit sorry for Thicot this season has to be said. He is a better passer of the ball than some guys in our team and only thing that let's him down at times is his laid back approach to defending but that is down to him still adapting to Scottish football I feel. Thought the right hand side looked good second half and that is one positive. Wotherspoon is a quality young player but with Zemmama in front of him he is often left exposed.

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 06:54 PM
Thought he was excellent- looks like a football player.

Not sure about right back though, I'd have him at centre half just now.

Forgot my wee winking smiley after RB - just a reference to everyone wondering about the next RB!!

Was very impressed with him though, as you say, he looks like a footballer.

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Felt a bit sorry for Thicot this season has to be said. He is a better passer of the ball than some guys in our team and only thing that let's him down at times is his laid back approach to defending but that is down to him still adapting to Scottish football I feel. Thought the right hand side looked good second half and that is one positive. Wotherspoon is a quality young player but with Zemmama in front of him he is often left exposed.

If he can play like he did today then maybe try him in the role Cregg was in today? If he does mess up always got a back line behind him.

Looked like he wanted to get forward and his passing was good, just hope Yogi doesnt drop him, could destroy his confidence after putting in a good performance.

truehibernian
16-01-2010, 07:02 PM
Thicot, if given a run, will be superb. Excellent technique most of the time, little bit slack a la Bamba at times, but one of the most gifted defenders technically at the club. Mixu wasted him, Yogi is yet to get the best of him which may be due to confidence. Wotherspoon is never ever ever a right back and that has now failed...........this is the position that needs urgent attention and I am led to believe will soon be sorted next week :agree: Other than that, we are lightweight, carrying too many "luxuries" in the side (Riordan and Zemmama), and not nearly hard working enough in the midfield area. We have no natural width because we play far too much through the middle. We also put unnecessary pressure on the full backs by playing totally unnecessary passes to each other at the back. Pitches at this stage are not condusive to pitter patter football at the back, and we clearly don't have players who are confident enough to even trap the ball without treating it like a hot spud. Midfield needs balance and endeavour.......for those that blame the likes of Rankin, maybe start pointing fingers at Riordan who has been woeful this last five games (workwise and team player wise) and who Rankin and Miller have to bail out when he needlessly loses possession and fails to track back.......at fault today totally for the goal and needs benched. Stokes runs all day at present and I feel sorry for him not having someone up there who can let him do what he does best......get in behind and score goals. He is no use on the touchline when there is no one to feed in. My tip for midweek is Saints to again dominate us and win, because they have better balance and work ethic, unlike some prima donnas at Hibs at present.

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2010, 07:04 PM
My tip for midweek is Saints to again dominate us and win, because they have better balance and work ethic, unlike some prima donnas at Hibs at present.

Pretty sure that games off due to Saints fixture in the Scottish cup no?

Next game will be Hamilton at home.

Cocaine&Caviar
16-01-2010, 07:06 PM

He was playing as part of a Trio of Centre Backs with Murray and Wotherspoon as Wing Backs, cant be judged as a RB from this alone IMO.

Elephant Stone
16-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Completely agree, great touch and really composed.

truehibernian
16-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Correct too many dj's, my mistake........too angry to remember the fixture list. After seeing a hard working and spirited performance from Hamilton however, my prediction stands albeit different opposition. Hughes has to address the midfield balance and those that are not teamplaying at present, which may mean putting noses out of joint.

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 07:18 PM
He was playing as part of a Trio of Centre Backs with Murray and Wotherspoon as Wing Backs, cant be judged as a RB from this alone IMO.

As previously stated, the RB reference was tongue in cheek. He slotted in well to the team in general might be a better summation.

IWasThere2016
16-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Thicot was decent .. One miss placed pass otherwise decent touch and passing

The_Horde
16-01-2010, 07:24 PM
Thicot did quite well but isnae the answer.

Si_17
16-01-2010, 07:28 PM

So currently, who is?

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 07:29 PM

The answer to what? Our defensive frailties? If playing him meant freeing up Spoon for midfield it'd be seen as a step forward, shirley?

The_Horde
16-01-2010, 07:34 PM
So currently, who is?

The answer to whatever is happening to our team at the moment.

One mistake, which he will make and the fans will be all over him like a rash.

We need new faces, end of.

down-the-slope
16-01-2010, 07:34 PM

:agree: same on left with Riorden..its the part of our preffered formation that is weak

I'm_cabbaged
16-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Thicot, if given a run, will be superb. Excellent technique most of the time, little bit slack a la Bamba at times, but one of the most gifted defenders technically at the club. Mixu wasted him, Yogi is yet to get the best of him which may be due to confidence. Wotherspoon is never ever ever a right back and that has now failed...........this is the position that needs urgent attention and I am led to believe will soon be sorted next week :agree: Other than that, we are lightweight, carrying too many "luxuries" in the side (Riordan and Zemmama), and not nearly hard working enough in the midfield area. We have no natural width because we play far too much through the middle. We also put unnecessary pressure on the full backs by playing totally unnecessary passes to each other at the back. Pitches at this stage are not condusive to pitter patter football at the back, and we clearly don't have players who are confident enough to even trap the ball without treating it like a hot spud. Midfield needs balance and endeavour.......for those that blame the likes of Rankin, maybe start pointing fingers at Riordan who has been woeful this last five games (workwise and team player wise) and who Rankin and Miller have to bail out when he needlessly loses possession and fails to track back.......at fault today totally for the goal and needs benched. Stokes runs all day at present and I feel sorry for him not having someone up there who can let him do what he does best......get in behind and score goals. He is no use on the touchline when there is no one to feed in. My tip for midweek is Saints to again dominate us and win, because they have better balance and work ethic, unlike some prima donnas at Hibs at present.

Was that not his first appearance this season? :confused:
The last I can remember was against Hamilton last season when he came on as a sub and changed the game.

Andy74
16-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Always liked Thicot and think he could be used a lot more. Good footballer.

stubru59
16-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Always liked Thicot and think he could be used a lot more. Good footballer.

Ditto.

hibbie02
I was pleased to see him get a chance today. I am surprised it has taken so long. Always thought that he must be decent, having come through the French Footy Academy.

It was encouraging to see Yogi experiment with the 3 CHs, as I think we need more bodies in midfield and we were noticebly better in the second half.

allmodcons
Thicot was excellent today in what was a back 3.
Always happy to take a touch and lift his head to look for a green jersey.
Had 1 msplaced pass late on but, otherwise, did really well.

Don't want to have a go at him because he's been excellent this season but young Wotherspoon should learn to lift his head before making a pass, his passing today was very poor.

allmodcons
16-01-2010, 08:18 PM
It was encouraging to see Yogi experiment with the 3 CHs, as I think we need more bodies in midfield and we were noticebly better in the second half.

Totally agree.

Cabbage1875
16-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Did well today, I also thought Hanlon was outstanding.

BigKev
16-01-2010, 09:08 PM
Was that not his first appearance this season? :confused:
The last I can remember was against Hamilton last season when he came on as a sub and changed the game.

Played CH against the Yam Bams in the 1-0 game Wulls. Sure he had a wee 15 minute cameo appearance as well early doors this season.

He done well today when he came on. He's a French under 19 International who came through the famed La Fontaine system so the lad has ability.

Hopefully he'll now grab his opportunity if Yogi gives him a chance.

HibeeUnderwood
16-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I'm glad the vibe is positive here on this topic. Thicot has had to be very patient this season, and could have easily asked to leave the club because he wasn't getting a game, but if he's put in a reasonable performance today which is good. Maybe Hughes now realises he can be useful and that given more of a chance will turn out to be a good player for the club. :agree:

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-01-2010, 09:17 PM
IMO Thicots showing in the second half and Smith in goals, were the only two highlights on a dreary afternoon, when we played some truly awful stuff.

I'm_cabbaged
16-01-2010, 09:27 PM
Played CH against the Yam Bams in the 1-0 game Wulls. Sure he had a wee 15 minute cameo appearance as well early doors this season.

He done well today when he came on. He's a French under 19 International who came through the famed La Fontaine system so the lad has ability.

Hopefully he'll now grab his opportunity if Yogi gives him a chance.

Kent you would put me in ma place Kev, but as you know ah dinnae do the PBS so that doesnae count. :greengrin
Whether Yogi gives him a chance is another debate, but I was a bit dissapointed he never when KM first got injured, he looked like a tidy DM before, breaking up moves and keeping it simple with tidy passes. :agree:

Judas Iscariot
16-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Have always said Thicot is a great prospect..

You can't be captain of the French U19's without being able to play a bit!

Far, far better option for centre half than captain calamity!

hibees_green
16-01-2010, 09:37 PM
I think your having a laugh.

I think the fact that Thicot played is a statement of desparation.

I think the boy is not a top 6 SPL player.

Go on Thicot prove me wrong.

Devine
16-01-2010, 10:02 PM
Have always said Thicot is a great prospect..

You can't be captain of the French U19's without being able to play a bit!

Far, far better option for centre half than captain calamity!

Fair play to Thicot today he did very well and deserves another shot in the side. However, judged on performances over the last year - 18 months to say Thicot is a FAR FAR better option at centre half than Hogg is utter nonsense!

hibbie02
16-01-2010, 11:21 PM

I think he will.

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 11:23 PM

I sincerely hope he does. Were you at the game today? Instant improvement.

hibees_green
16-01-2010, 11:43 PM
I think he will.

Aye very good. Only thing he'll gaurantee is to give away at least 4 penalties a season.

I'd say watch this space but I hope he won't get a run to prove it.

He is in the same mould as suwuni and zurabi which is an error of under investment that I hope is behind us.

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Aye very good. Only thing he'll gaurantee is to give away at least 4 penalties a season.

He is in the same mould as suwuni and zurabi which is an error of under investment that I hope is behind us.

Aye, very good.

:bitchy:

To compare Thicot to a barely used striker and an errant left back with a reckless playing style is ludicrous and utterly pointless.

I see you've still not answered whether or not you were at the game today.

Sir David Gray
16-01-2010, 11:56 PM
He put in a good shift when he came on and was rarely wasteful in his distribution.

Hope he keeps it up.

hibees_green
16-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Aye, very good.

:bitchy:

To compare Thicot to a barely used striker and an errant left back with a reckless playing style is ludicrous and utterly pointless.

I see you've still not answered whether or not you were at the game today.

Irrelevant question but yes I was at the game.

One swallow e.t.c.

He was bought in a period of massive under investment in the squad which I believe the club now accept and are trying to rectify.

I think the quality of this player is from that erra and I hope we are not returning to this state. The future is brighter than that.

Hibby 2005
17-01-2010, 12:09 AM
It says as much about the performance of Hibs today that we're actually praising Thicot as the one positive aspect in a wholly unedifying spectacle.
A month or two ago and his introduction would barely have been noticed.

I'm_cabbaged
17-01-2010, 12:11 AM

One swallow e.t.c.

He was bought in a period of massive under investment in the squad which I believe the club now accept and are trying to rectify.

I think the quality of this player is from that erra and I hope we are not returning to this state. The future is brighter than that.

IMHO Mixu signed some pretty decent players, just got his tactics wrong..........

edit: and JC

Hibby 2005
17-01-2010, 12:19 AM
edit: and Yogi lately.

I'm_cabbaged
17-01-2010, 12:23 AM
edit: and Yogi lately.

Hence the .......

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 12:32 AM

One swallow e.t.c.

Irrelevant question? Hardly.
I'm staggered that someone who witnessed that pish today is refusing to acknowledge what was a pretty solid performance from a substitute defender playing out of position and is instead making ludicrous comparisons to journeymen strikers and predicting nothing but doom and gloom with regards the player in the future.:confused:

If it had been Gatheussi, fair enough. If it had been Zarabi, fair enough. But the interesting thing is, Thicot's obviously good enough that he's been kept on whilst others have been moved on.

CapitalHibs
17-01-2010, 12:41 AM
Jeez. Does nobody remember Thicot's immaculate performance in the middle of the defence against the jumbos in the Deek penalty/Casper/Banjo players on the pitch game?

I'm very surprised it's taken this long for the lad to get another chance.

Hibby 2005
17-01-2010, 12:42 AM
Im glad Thicot did well when he came on but it's obvious that Yogi can't make up his mind what to do about the RB position. So far we've had Wotherspoon, McCormack, McCann, Hogg and now Thicot (have I missed anyone else?).
Wotherspoon is a midfielder first and foremost and the few chances we created today, especially in the 2nd half, came when he played there, therefore Yogi has to make up his mind who replaces him at RB sooner rather than later.

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 12:46 AM
Im glad Thicot did well when he came on but it's obvious that Yogi can't make up his mind what to do about the RB position. So far we've had Wotherspoon, McCormack, McCann, Hogg and now Thicot (have I missed anyone else?).
Wotherspoon is a midfielder first and foremost and the few chances we created today, especially in the 2nd half, came when he played there, therefore Yogi has to make up his mind who replaces him at RB sooner rather than later.

That much is true. Thicot for RB then? :greengrin
I agree though. Too much chopping and changing isn't going to settle that defence. I hope Yogi either brings in a natural RB who isn't injury prone in the very near future, or molds one of the current crop to fit the role. Spoon is wasted there, it's true.

Expecting Rain
17-01-2010, 10:35 AM
Steven Thicot, i thought was excellent and aggressive against Hearts at Tynecastle last season when playing alongside Murray, i think the guy deserves a chance to play his way into the team, we`ll never know if he can become any good if he`s sitting on the bench all the time, other incompetents in the past, some presently have had more than a fair chance of staking a place in the team.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 10:38 AM
I thought he should have come in for the injured McBride instead of Rankin.

hibees_green
17-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Irrelevant question? Hardly.
I'm staggered that someone who witnessed that pish today is refusing to acknowledge what was a pretty solid performance from a substitute defender playing out of position and is instead making ludicrous comparisons to journeymen strikers and predicting nothing but doom and gloom with regards the player in the future.:confused:

If it had been Gatheussi, fair enough. If it had been Zarabi, fair enough. But the interesting thing is, Thicot's obviously good enough that he's been kept on whilst others have been moved on.

I'm not refusing to acknowledge anything but was debating whether Thicot is good enough for the SPL top 6.

My point is that making a judgment on a player after one performance (good or bad) is irrelevant. Furthermore reserving the right to comment on a player only if you've seen him in the flesh is even more ridiculous.

We differ in our opinion of the player. Big deal. We'll find out in time what his level is (Sowumni is playing in the Hungarian 1st division).

One more thing - if it's so obvious he's good enough I must have missed the clammer of calls for him to start ever week:wink:

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
17-01-2010, 11:24 AM
I thought he should have come in for the injured McBride instead of Rankin.

I'm with 100% you on that one. Thicot should get a chance IMO.

Cracker
17-01-2010, 11:34 AM

Take it you dont rate the guy?

hibees_green
17-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Take it you dont rate the guy?

What gives you that idea.:wink:

I've nothing against the guy but just makes me mad when we sell players of the quailty of Brown and Fletcher and try to compete by replacing them with this sort of player. The list is endless.

I really hope these days are behind us with the recent signings being more palatable.

I'd accept at a push he's okay for emergency cover but not a first team pick.

hibees_green
17-01-2010, 12:08 PM
It says as much about the performance of Hibs today that we're actually praising Thicot as the one positive aspect in a wholly unedifying spectacle.
A month or two ago and his introduction would barely have been noticed.

Exactly. This point is the most worrying thing.

ronaldo7
17-01-2010, 12:11 PM
All I'll say on the matter is that Thicot had a good game when he came on yesterday. Well done:thumbsup:

The right back slot is yours:cool2:

Cracker
17-01-2010, 12:40 PM
What gives you that idea.:wink:

I've nothing against the guy but just makes me mad when we sell players of the quailty of Brown and Fletcher and try to compete by replacing them with this sort of player. The list is endless.

I really hope these days are behind us with the recent signings being more palatable.

I'd accept at a push he's okay for emergency cover but not a first team pick.

I agree with you regards selling our better players but as Hibs fans you have to get used to it because its a fact of life for us.
Steven Thicot is a young guy who we should under the circumstances give a chance to, if he cant take it then let him move on when his contract is up in June.

Fifer
17-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Cant argue with your point.

whiskyhibby
17-01-2010, 01:34 PM
Jeez. Does nobody remember Thicot's immaculate performance in the middle of the defence against the jumbos in the Deek penalty/Casper/Banjo players on the pitch game?

Absolutely, he looked very composed and assured yesterday and sprayed the ball about well from defence, give him a run I say as Wotherspoon seems to be going off the boil a bit

hibees_green
17-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I agree with you regards selling our better players but as Hibs fans you have to get used to it because its a fact of life for us.
Steven Thicot is a young guy who we should under the circumstances give a chance to, if he cant take it then let him move on when his contract is up in June.

I agree and I think he'll now get his (second?) chance. Unfortunately, it's only because all other possibilities have now been exhausted.

I don't however, think he's the solution and can't see him getting a new contract if as you say he's out of contract in June.

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 02:05 PM
He was extremely comfortable, especially when you consider how long he's sat on the bench for.

Shrekko
17-01-2010, 03:06 PM
One thing you notice is how closed minded a lot of fans are here, i.e. once an initial evaluation is made of a player thats it set in stone.

I think it's fair to say he's been guilty of a rash mistake or two in previous opportunities but do we really expect a young lad to come in and be the finished article straight away?

I'm really surprised that some people cant see the boy's potential. Big hulk of a guy who looks really composed on the ball- surely the tools you're looking for in a centre half?

Most Hibs fans were supportive of Steven Fletcher despite glaring sitters being missed because of his obvious talent- surely we can be a bit more patient with Thicot bearing in mind his pedigree?

Cracker
17-01-2010, 03:16 PM
One thing you notice is how closed minded a lot of fans are here, i.e. once an initial evaluation is made of a player thats it set in stone.

I think it's fair to say he's been guilty of a rash mistake or two in previous opportunities but do we really expect a young lad to come in and be the finished article straight away?

I'm really surprised that some people cant see the boy's potential. Big hulk of a guy who looks really composed on the ball- surely the tools you're looking for in a centre half?

Most Hibs fans were supportive of Steven Fletcher despite glaring sitters being missed because of his obvious talent- surely we can be a bit more patient with Thicot bearing in mind his pedigree?

:top marks Could not agree more.

MrRobot
17-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I like Thicot, he seems to like palying for Hibs too. The only player that really played well against Barca that time aswell, seems to be a more defensive midfielder IMO.

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Another young player that seems to be getting pelters from a few,the guy needs a few games under his belt,what is it with Hibs fans and slating kids?

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 05:14 PM

:blah::blah:

Same mould? loada p!sh

He's had some cracking games for us....the Derby victory at PBS and the huns game springs to mind...

He had a great second half and we've potentially got a new RB :agree:

Crab apple
17-01-2010, 05:25 PM

:agree: Good post. And I particularly like the reference to the banjo players who inhabit the PBS. In a disappointing weekend for us its always comforting to know that we are not jambos.

Feed McGraw
17-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Another young player that seems to be getting pelters from a few,the guy needs a few games under his belt,what is it with Hibs fans and slating kids?

I don`t think Hibs fans in particular slate kids. You may get the odd individual who might , but you`d get that anywhere.

As for Thicot, he is 23 in a few weeks, hardly a "kid".

Bayern Bru
17-01-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm not refusing to acknowledge anything but was debating whether Thicot is good enough for the SPL top 6.

My point is that making a judgment on a player after one performance (good or bad) is irrelevant. Furthermore reserving the right to comment on a player only if you've seen him in the flesh is even more ridiculous.

We differ in our opinion of the player. Big deal. We'll find out in time what his level is (Sowumni is playing in the Hungarian 1st division).

One more thing - if it's so obvious he's good enough I must have missed the clammer of calls for him to start ever week:wink:

I see where you're coming from - I've seen Thicot a number of times and think he's worth holding onto. I wasn't suggesting that deciding on Thicot's worth based on one game, and only if you'd seen him in the flesh was the way forward so sorry if it came across that way.

Spike Mandela
17-01-2010, 07:28 PM
Could this be a case of Yogi putting Thicot in the shop window:dunno:

hibsbollah
17-01-2010, 07:42 PM

The 'problem' with Thicot is he doesnt fit our normal image of a centre half. When Ive seen him he takes his time on the ball (no desperate hurried clearances) comes forward, tries the difficult pass which sometimes doesnt come off. I think a lot of fans like defenders who just do the simple thing and clear their lines. Thicot could offer us something more.

BEEJ
17-01-2010, 07:48 PM
I really hope not. There are others who need to be shipped out long before him.

mcfly
17-01-2010, 08:00 PM
Agree thicot deserves a chance especially in for hogg who is never a centre half.

I'd put hogg at RB or not in the team, he causes us to lose loads of goals and i've nver forgiven him for diving in at hampden and giving away a penalty v dunfermline with 2 mins to go.

hopefully a CH will be coming in the next 2 weeks..........

thebakerboy
17-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Have always liked Thicot when he has been given a chance but dont know if he is a full back. I thought we have been very lightweight in midfield lately and even if Mcbride comes back in I think Thicot in a 4-4-2 formation would stiffen the midfield and give us a presence in there and stop us being run over by the likes of Huns Tic and yams.

hibees_green
17-01-2010, 08:45 PM
:blah::blah:

Same mould? loada p!sh

He's had some cracking games for us....the Derby victory at PBS and the huns game springs to mind...

He had a great second half and we've potentially got a new RB :agree:

I don't mean in the same mould as in same quality of player as these guys.

I mean in the same mould as in not good enough for a top 6 SPL team, like these guys.

Do you think any of the current top 6 will sign him as I think he's apparently out of contract in June?

More specifically will you be happy if we resign him?

Also nothing to do with slating a kid. He's been at the club for a year and a half and is 23 next month. Don't think he's good enough thats all.

I hope he proves me wrong. Time will tell.

Cracker
17-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Could be,on the bench most weeks or in the stand,led to understand he was out off contract this June but have since been informed its in fact a year in June,a well so much for information.:grr:

Ed De Gramo
17-01-2010, 09:43 PM
I don't mean in the same mould as in same quality of player as these guys.

I mean in the same mould as in not good enough for a top 6 SPL team, like these guys.

Do you think any of the current top 6 will sign him as I think he's apparently out of contract in June?

More specifically will you be happy if we resign him?

Also nothing to do with slating a kid. He's been at the club for a year and a half and is 23 next month. Don't think he's good enough thats all.

I hope he proves me wrong. Time will tell.

If he keeps playing the way we know he can then yes...I would certainly play him at RB next week...push Wotherspoon up to midfield. :agree:

allmodcons
17-01-2010, 10:00 PM

One swallow e.t.c.

Same era (different manager) as Bamba was brought in, doesn't make him a poor player!

hfc rd
17-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Played really well for us, when he came on. If he is to play like this every week then he will be like a new signing for us.

Captain Trips
18-01-2010, 08:27 AM
Firstly I was not at the game so I am basing that he played well when he came on from you guys, what I will say is that he hadnt played for months so to have came on and did ok with his future perhaps depending on how he did , it appears handled it well.

I certainly remember that he might be somebody who could do us a turn at CB as IMO that area is weak. I would be up for him starting as a CB next time out.

ahibby
18-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Mixu played Thicot out of position he is not a midfielder and for reasons stated I'm not surprised he did well enough. I can't fathom why Yogi has left him out for so long when we have been toilling for defenders. I guess he sees him as only being able to fit in when we go five at the back but I don't know whether that was the case when he played CH against Hearts and did very well.

Speedway
18-01-2010, 09:26 AM
Lest we forget that the reason we signed Thicot at all is because he was recommended to Mixu by one Franck Sauzee as a young French talent who he felt had 'slipped under the radar'.

hibsbollah
18-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Lest we forget that the reason we signed Thicot at all is because he was recommended to Mixu by one Franck Sauzee as a young French talent who he felt had 'slipped under the radar'.

:agree: Won the U-17 Euro Championships, was a first choice starter at CB in the same French team as Ben Arfa, Benzema and Samir Nasri. Beat Spain in the final who had Fabregas in their side.

JimBHibees
18-01-2010, 09:44 AM

Was my first thought when heard he had played on Saturday. Wonder if he fancies playing in Grangemouth.. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 09:53 AM
I wonder if he'd be a good replacement for Hogg alongside Bamba?

JimBHibees
18-01-2010, 10:05 AM

:agree: Worth a go.

BSEJVT
18-01-2010, 10:14 AM
I have no real view on Thicot as I havent seen enough of him to come to one.

However I am concerned that Yogi seems to be going to the Mixu bingo days of old when guys who have been not quoted or on the very periphery for months now seem to be appearing in a team not decimated by injury or suspension.

Cregg, Stevenson and now Thicot.

IMO one of the reasons for our early season sucees was consistency of selection.

It worries me that Yogi is now beginning to tinker with the team as that to me smacks of someone who isnt sure what they have or waht they are doing with it.

Judas Iscariot
18-01-2010, 10:29 AM

Most certainly..