PDA

View Full Version : Atmosphere Today

Sylar
16-01-2010, 05:43 PM
In addition to berating the players on the park, what on Earth was the problem with the supporters in the stands today? The atmosphere was absolutely deplorable!!!

Shrekko
16-01-2010, 05:49 PM
In addition to berating the players on the park, what on Earth was the problem with the supporters in the stands today? The atmosphere was absolutely deplorable!!!

When you add that to the posts on hibs.net tonight it maybe begs the question as to exactly what Hibs fans are looking for at present.

Sometimes having a quiet home support is not uncommon in football today but our away support must be about the least supportive I've ever seen. If you cant be up for a game against your rivals for 3rd spot when can you?

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2010, 05:50 PM
We were bad today, but I had guys around me screaming abuse at players when they either werent doing anything wrong, or for mistakes that wasnt their fault.

Some guy really had it in for Benji, screaming at him for a mistake that Stokes made on the opposite side of the pitch??

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 05:52 PM
The abuse was pretty free flowing today (enjoyed a nice couple of rants at Conway and Dhillon in the second half myself :cool2:) but there was little in the way of encouragement. United fans were noticeably quiet but then again, the Hibs fans didn't really offer up much comparison!

The Voice Of Reason
16-01-2010, 05:53 PM

I wasn't at the game today so certainly can't slag anyone off who was there and didn't make a noise !

However I did comment on the match thread that listening on the radio, the atmosphere sounded dreadful. :agree:

In the days before kids I used to go to all the away games and the atmosphere at places like Tannadice was excellent (maybe nowadays folk are too busy on their moby's/blackberries/laptops etc. Maybe there are too many women and children at the games nowadays?) :devil::duck:

I will be at Parkhead on the 27th, so lets hope we crank up the noise and the team performs !

PeterboroHibee
16-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Nish was good when he came on. Had a pretty bad miss but at least he was getting into positions regularly winning balls and trying to get on the end of crosses which cant say alot of the others.

Think if he had been on a bit longer he would have scored that chance, and tbh thought he should have been on from the start, we had no height and little strength against a big, solid United defence.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 06:05 PM
A guy a few rows behind me in the upper tier near the halfway line gave Nish dogs abuse when he was coming off from the half time warm up!

He stood up and repeatedly pointed and called him a big useless lazy bast*rd.

I cringed cause Nish definitely saw and heard him.

Credit to Nish for not reacting - I think he actually looked a bit stunned.

That's the treatment some players get before they've even come on to play!!:grr:

If anyone scored for Hibs today, I was hoping it would be Nish so he could come over and give him the big GIRUY.

I heard the same guy slating Nish, it really beggars belief the stick the big man gets:grr:

xyz23jc
16-01-2010, 06:05 PM
Like last week, the support was garbage, Hibbys fighting with each other, and an all round air of negativity prevailed, little encouragement for the players from our side. 2nd half, as we improved immeasurably, support was a little better. We need some coordinated coaching and cheerleading for our fans in that respect. United fans were a little better. Our supporters weren't helped by a woeful if slightly unlucky first half performance, and an unbelievably bad performance from the officials. Persitant fouling from United's big guys who pushed and shoved Hibs players all through the match, umpteen missed hand balls, dubious penalty decision alongside several mysterious offside decisions. Pretty impressed by Tannadice though, first vist. Dens Park, by contrast was a midden! Red white and blue FFS! :grr:

ronaldo7
16-01-2010, 06:10 PM
A guy a few rows behind me in the upper tier near the halfway line gave Nish dogs abuse when he was coming off from the half time warm up!

That's the treatment some players get before they've even come on to play!!:grr:

If anyone scored for Hibs today, I was hoping it would be Nish so he could come over and give him the big GIRUY.

The guy was sitting a couple of rows in front and to the left of me and the laddie. We were gobsmacked when he came out with the rant about Nish. Their was another guy further back giving Nish dog's abuse too.

Totally pointless imo

On the other hand the guy sitting next to us was FULL of encouragement for the whole team... Well done mate

scotty1875
16-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Can't remember one Hibs song sung today.

Not so many years ago if Hibs conceded a goal, we would immediately start singing the "We are Hibernian FC..." song to show bit of solidarity. Now there is tumble weed followed by players being shouted and sworn at by an ever growing proportion of folk and this is when we're sitting in 3/4th in the table.

At Tannadice today, a guy a few rows behind me in the upper tier near the halfway line gave Nish dogs abuse when he was coming off from the half time warm up!

Maybe he shouted at him because Nish wasn't doing any ball work at half time - only a bit of stretching while talking to someone as opposed to slating Nish's general contribution during matches - even so, I reckon he was out of order.

That's the treatment some players get before they've even come on to play FFS!!:grr:

I noticed that during half time, the Dundee Utd subs were practicing crossing balls into the box for their sub keeper - but Maka was just doing a wee bit keepy-uppy now and again near the halfway - it's not like Maka doesn't need the practice eh!??

18Craig75
16-01-2010, 06:19 PM
The atmosphere was the least of our worries today! I personally find it hard to support a team full of lazy ba***rds (with the exception of 1 or 2) who should feel ashamed at the 'performance' they put in today; in front of a very decent amount of fans, who have traveled pretty far and at a lot of cost at a particularly hard time of the year!

The_Horde
16-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Is it to do with the performances, fans appreciate hard work and if they feel the players are giving there all and playing as best they can then we will generally back them more often than not?

crash
16-01-2010, 06:31 PM
When you add that to the posts on hibs.net tonight it maybe begs the question as to exactly what Hibs fans are looking for at present.

Sometimes having a quiet home support is not uncommon in football today but our away support must be about the least supportive I've ever seen. If you cant be up for a game against your rivals for 3rd spot when can you?

I think those comments should be directed at the players.

scotty1875
16-01-2010, 06:32 PM
Nish was good when he came on. Had a pretty bad miss but at least he was getting into positions regularly winning balls and trying to get on the end of crosses which cant say alot of the others.

Think if he had been on a bit longer he would have scored that chance, and tbh thought he should have been on from the start, we had no height and little strength against a big, solid United defence.

My thoughts too.

benji49
16-01-2010, 06:33 PM

That place is a crap hole for singing and the seats are shat.:blah:

xyz23jc
16-01-2010, 06:37 PM
It's hard to play well when your own supporters are screaming abuse at everything you try to do, when it works they're clapping you as a hero, when it doesn't... well we all know the story. Bit of encouragement for the idea wouldn'y go amiss. Second half performance was great, bar a few lapses as we chased the game. The fouls against us were shocking, every time the ball was played to deeks he was fouled before it even arrived. Every 50/50 was a United free kick, it was like watching Hibs plays a Land of the Giants select. Dirty cheating barstewards. Far side linesman was a total joke, seemed to put up his flag, only when it was a Hibs Shy/Corner/Freekick, and that was very little. Hope the rest of his coupon was f*****! :grr:

Bayern Bru
16-01-2010, 06:37 PM

I was singing. Unfortunately that huge steward in the big orange jacket masked it all. :grr::boo hoo:

scotty1875
16-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Is it to do with the performances, fans appreciate hard work and if they feel the players are giving there all and playing as best they can then we will generally back them more often than not?

Fair point and I agree.

I voice encouragement, appreciation and frustration during a match - that along with singing and winding up the opposition fans is what it's all about - but I think achieving eye to eye contact with a player and abusing him before he has even come on is out of order.

Alfred E Newman
16-01-2010, 06:53 PM

I think you are spot on. Supporters will always back a side that is battling for the jersey and quickly realise when the players are not up for it. Hughes stuck his head out last week and said that slackers would be shipped out. lets see what his reaction to what appears to have been a really poor performance is.

xyz23jc
16-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I think you are spot on. Supporters will always back a side that is battling for the jersey and quickly realise when the players are not up for it. Hughes stuck his head out last week and said that slackers would be shipped out. lets see what his reaction to what appears to have been a really poor performance is.

The poor performance wasn't entirely from our guys...RE the officials who were a complete joke!! :grr:

houston1875
16-01-2010, 07:45 PM
A was sittting down in lower tier,yes game was pony,but my point i wanna make is some 3 fans who were near me were shouting pure guff at some players,until somebody nearby had the mettle to tell em to sit down wat do u ken bout fitba! was chuffin priceless didnae hear a peep after that :faf: made ma day after that chocolate performance!!
Mcbride missed badly!! need a target man..1/2 that team kanae heid the baw!!! cabbage for life!

Carheenlea
16-01-2010, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=scotty1875;2312061]

At Tannadice today, a guy a few rows behind me in the upper tier near the halfway line gave Nish dogs abuse when he was coming off from the half time warm up!

QUOTE]

You must have been near me, I was flabbergasted to hear the abuse towards Nish at half-time. Could not see the clown, but hopefully he posts on here and can maybe explain his disgraceful actions.

It used to be that our travelling fans created a more supportive and tolerant atmosphere in the away stands, but the bile and abuse directed at our own players on the road now is more reminiscent of our notorious impatience at ER when things don`t go the way we like.

It`s not just the players who need to look at themselves after disappointing performances like today, we the fans need to ask ourselves if we aided the cause as well. Travelling in big numbers is not assisting the team if all that comes out of the stands is abuse and jeers. That must surely affect the confidence and atmosphere among the players on the pitch, and yes, we pay our money etc etc, but we have a responsibility in the stands to try and be the 12th man, today, with the negativity from the away end, we were almost like a man down. Look at how good the atmosphere gets at Easter Road when teams bring a large (and always noisy) support?

We failed both on and off the park today.

weonlywon6-2
16-01-2010, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=scotty1875;2312061]

QUOTE]

You must have been near me, I was flabbergasted to hear the abuse towards Nish at half-time. Could not see the clown, but hopefully he posts on here and can maybe explain his disgraceful actions.

It used to be that our travelling fans created a more supportive and tolerant atmosphere in the away stands, but the bile and abuse directed at our own players on the road now is more reminiscent of our notorious impatience at ER when things don`t go the way we like.

It`s not just the players who need to look at themselves after disappointing performances like today, we the fans need to ask ourselves if we aided the cause as well. Travelling in big numbers is not assisting the team if all that comes out of the stands is abuse and jeers. That must surely affect the confidence and atmosphere among the players on the pitch, and yes, we pay our money etc etc, but we have a responsibility in the stands to try and be the 12th man, today, with the negativity from the away end, we were almost like a man down. Look at how good the atmosphere gets at Easter Road when teams bring a large (and always noisy) support?

We failed both on and off the park today.

couldnt agree more. in many years of following hibs i have never understood why fans totally abuse there own players, it will not make them better, it will just make them think f*** you.

held my head in my hands many a time but refuse to slate players

houston1875
16-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Nish couldnae even look in the crowd the day,he passed me few times,clapped him every time,every player needs encouraging,not constant put downs! Chuffin shameful to see a player who kanae look at his own fans,the boys a hibee! Give yogi time,then if you still ain't happy..

basehibby
16-01-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm glad someone's brought this up - there's always been an element at football matches (not just Hibs) who seem to go along with the single objective of slating their own players - I've always shook my head in puzzlement at this - OK sometimes if a player continually makes an erse of things one can get exasperated to the point where not shouting out about it becomes impossible. But this is different - the guy who was slating Nish before he'd even taken the pitch for example has NO right to call himself a supporter - moron...sad ****** - take your pick, but supporter??? No chance!
But more worrying is the fact that the rest of us seem to be clamming up - last week at home to a junior side the home support was crap - sadly this seems to be the rule at home to weaker opposition. But away to our closest rivals in the league???? That sort of away support always used to be lively and raucous - WTF is goin on :grr::grr::grr:

cocopops1875
16-01-2010, 09:05 PM
Can't remember one Hibs song sung today.

Not so many years ago if Hibs conceded a goal, we would immediately start singing the "We are Hibernian FC..." song to show bit of solidarity. Now there is tumble weed followed by players being shouted and sworn at by an ever growing proportion of folk and this is when we're sitting in 3/4th in the table.

Maybe he shouted at him because Nish wasn't doing any ball work at half time - only a bit of stretching while talking to someone as opposed to slating Nish's general contribution during matches - even so, I reckon he was out of order.

That's the treatment some players get before they've even come on to play FFS!!:grr:

I noticed that during half time, the Dundee Utd subs were practicing crossing balls into the box for their sub keeper - but Maka was just doing a wee bit keepy-uppy now and again near the halfway - it's not like Maka doesn't need the practice eh!??

to be fair i think that was due to the injury to their keeper in the first half:wink:

Antifa Hibs
16-01-2010, 09:51 PM
The whole mindset of our away support is fk'd.

For supports our size, we are by far the worst. Usually travelling supports are your hardcore, more 'up for it' and boisterous, not us though, away support is embarrassing these days, made up of familys, oaps, kids, dafties that havn't got a scooby etc, compare that to your travelling supports of the old firm and down south when its usually male 16 to 40. Anyone see the group of oldies upper tier, with what looked like a wee family day out with son and daughter in law, dancing to the half-time songs, when we are one nil down, WTF was that all about? how you meant to get an atmosphere going when thats what your support is mainly made up of....

Nothings going to change, infact it will get worse. For grounds like Tannidice, why not say lower tier standing only, upper tier sitting, give those who want to sing, stand have a bit banter there place, those who want to sit as if they are at the theatre there place.

Its not just us though, most spl clubs are the same. Scottish fitba fans have got to be the worst in the land.

RIP
16-01-2010, 09:55 PM
That tosser who berated Nish was three rows directly in front of me, brother and 4 our kids. WHAT a tube

Nish definitely heard him

I had a word with him afterwards and he wanted to stick one on me. I moved closer and he swung at me, falling full tilt on his backside on some ice

My kids were in stitches

Tube

Oh and he had really bad BO as well - like he hadn't wiped it for weeks !!

ArabHibee
16-01-2010, 10:07 PM

For supports our size, we are by far the worst. Usually travelling supports are your hardcore, more 'up for it' and boisterous, not us though, away support is embarrassing these days, made up of familys, oaps, kids, dafties that havn't got a scooby etc, compare that to your travelling supports of the old firm and down south when its usually male 16 to 40. Anyone see the group of oldies upper tier, with what looked like a wee family day out with son and daughter in law, dancing to the half-time songs, when we are one nil down, WTF was that all about? how you meant to get an atmosphere going when thats what your support is mainly made up of....

Nothings going to change, infact it will get worse. For grounds like Tannidice, why not say lower tier standing only, upper tier sitting, give those who want to sing, stand have a bit banter there place, those who want to sit as if they are at the theatre there place.

Its not just us though, most spl clubs are the same. Scottish fitba fans have got to be the worst in the land.

:clapper: That's a fascinating bubble of a world you want to live in.

Alfred E Newman
16-01-2010, 10:07 PM

absolute pish.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 10:14 PM
We need more part timers to go to games.:devil:

Antifa Hibs
16-01-2010, 10:19 PM
absolute pish.

whats pish about it? i only speak the truth :cool2:

Mag7
16-01-2010, 11:16 PM
Same last week and most other weeks. Barely a murmur of support for the team. Beats me why so many folk roll up each week just to sit there in silence.

houston1875
16-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Season ticket holder,go outta my way to watch my team,but when it comes to ******s voicing what they think is best..chuff off!! Where you there during the hard times 15-20 years ago,i think we got it good now some fans don't know when they got it good! Plus most of them dont now ****!! Don't know the people of leith,or have business's in leith,tip my hat! 3 generations of cabbage and I know the hardcore who spend there last penny to watch the 'bage..

Thru ****in thick and thin!!!! Wat a fickle bunch we can be,amongst the most fickle fans in uk..hammers are the worst!!!

Europe beckons get behind them!!!!!!!

Hainan Hibs
16-01-2010, 11:54 PM

You'll probably get shot down for that but it's spot on.

Hibstrooper
17-01-2010, 12:02 AM

Lets just give up then. I'm off to the bingo instead!

Frogga
17-01-2010, 12:23 AM
I thought Dundee Utd gave a relatively good showing on the atmosphere front, but yes, we were very quiet and its frustrating. A guy in front of me was trying to start songs but hardly anyone was joining in and his reward is that a few people laugh at him. Pretty sad.

RIP
17-01-2010, 12:39 AM

Sounds like my group - 2 big dafties, one in red tartan and one in green and white Jacket. 3 young laddies and a lass. Dancing at half time. Surrounded by torn faced gits ..............you know...........the kind who think they are in some way better fans than the rest of us.

I went to my first away game in 1966 and I probably danced and had fun then. I danced and had fun with Hibs all over Scotland, on Supporters buses and trains, in the first division, SPL, in England, In Europe - even at the World Cup.

So to you laddie I'm a daftie but hey ho I can live with that :thumbsup:

Rory89
17-01-2010, 04:28 AM
I wasn't there today (skint), but as someone that goes to pretty much all the home games and as many away games as possible it is true, our support home and away is sheite.

Only great Hibs support from the last couple of years I can remember is when we beat Hearts 1-0 at Tynie last year, and that was because we only sold 1600. It beggers belief for me that if we get 11k a week only 1600 of them would be willing to go to a derby, same applies to the cup game last year when we only had about 10k home fans.

It's alright though because if we get to a cup final we'll have 30-40k, not talking about today but in general we have a joke of a support.

Alicky Ranks
17-01-2010, 07:37 AM
For all my gripes about the team's performance yesterday, I have been stunned by how the atmosphere both at ER and away from home has plummeted since I used to go to games regularly. Time was I used to take mates to ER for the first time and they'd come away raving about the atmosphere on the east terracing. Nowadays it's a bit embarrassing. What's the problem with Hibs fans these days? Have all the singers from yesteryear grown up and moved into the family sections? Nobody seems to know any songs these days. It can't do much for the players' motivation when they're getting so little backing, especially away from home.

H18sry
17-01-2010, 08:39 AM
We need more part timers to go to games.:devil:

What do you mean:confused: I was there :wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 08:42 AM
What do you mean:confused: I was there :wink:

I wisnae, but will be next week. :wink:

el capitano
17-01-2010, 11:18 AM
I heard the same guy slating Nish, it really beggars belief the stick the big man gets:grr:

name and shame him

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 11:22 AM
name and shame him

I agree, name them. Nobody should be slating the players at the games. The stadium is the place to get behind the team. :confused: If you want to criticise players or the team, this message board or the pub is the place to do it.

Baldy Foghorn
17-01-2010, 11:23 AM
name and shame him

No idea who it was, I only heard the boy

Dashing Bob S
17-01-2010, 11:39 AM
I agree, name them. Nobody should be slating the players at the games. The stadium is the place to get behind the team. :confused: If you want to criticise players or the team, this message board or the pub is the place to do it.

I have to confess, I said: 'Rankin, that was a ****ing useless pass...' when JR attempted to thread a ball through to an advancing player but curled it away from him. I normally just sigh or tut loudly on such occasions.

Are we becoming a bitter, rancour-filled bunch?

Lofarl
17-01-2010, 11:53 AM
JR was mince yesterday but.

Tyler Durden
17-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Have to agree with the OP, the atmosphere was pretty poisonous. It does seem like certain folk go along just waiting for the first bad pass so they can unleash their abuse.

Had the misfortune of sitting 3 rows in front of some 18 year old moron who berated Riordan at every opportunity. Just nonsensical shouts for 90 minutes.

houston1875
17-01-2010, 12:24 PM
the 3 chumps who were they?

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Our away support, vocal-wise, is awful.

I stood up the back of the stand nearest the tunnel with 6 of my pals, we tried to start songs, nobody else seems interested. It's a shame, as you can see the lift the players get when the fans get right behind them, ie Pittodrie when we stood and sung for 90 minutes.

I don't know if it's been said as i've not read the full thread, and i'll more than likely get shot down for this but our away support could be deemed to be too family orientated, full of people who would rather criticise certain players whilst thinking several players are above criticism. It's boring, and I just don't get why people work hard all week, travel a fair distance spending their hard earned cash and then sit on their hands for 90 minutes moaning rather than get behind the team. It's actually rather frustrating.

Had to laugh when the chap to my right had the cheek to shout 'Hughes, yer ****in clueless, ********' as he headed towards the tunnell at half time.

marinello59
17-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Our away support, vocal-wise, is awful.

I stood up the back of the stand nearest the tunnel with 6 of my pals, we tried to start songs, nobody else seems interested. It's a shame, as you can see the lift the players get when the fans get right behind them, ie Pittodrie when we stood and sung for 90 minutes.

I don't know if it's been said as i've not read the full thread, and i'll more than likely get shot down for this but our away support could be deemed to be too family orientated, full of people who would rather criticise certain players whilst thinking several players are above criticism. It's boring, and I just don't get why people work hard all week, travel a fair distance spending their hard earned cash and then sit on their hands for 90 minutes moaning rather than get behind the team. It's actually rather frustrating.

Had to laugh when the chap to my right had the cheek to shout 'Hughes, yer ****in clueless, ********' as he headed towards the tunnell at half time.

Care to expand on that one, you have lost me?:confused:
Or are you suggesting that having kids turns you in to a grumpy old man. In which case you may be right.:greengrin

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Care to expand on that one, you have lost me?:confused:
Or are you suggesting that having kids turns you in to a grump old man. In which case you may be right.:greengrin
Aye, you're right there mate, or so my Dad says :greengrin

In seriousness though, it seems that the people that turn up with the family don't seem to sing :confused:

Nothing against families turning up likes, just wish they would belt out a tune from time to time :devil:

Ell_Chrisso
17-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Atmosphere has been CRAP for a while now.

Best weve had was at home to Aberdeen. The Rangers & Hearts games weren't exactly great considering what they mean.

I am one of these people that will try make a song get going as much as possible, as i hate a SH*T atmosphere. But there's too many people at the football who can't be arsed! So its these people who need to look at themselves, and maybe try and be a bit more positive towards trying to spur our team on with more NOISE!

Its half the reason we were soo good at home when Mowbary was in charge, as the atmosphere was electric, and we really got behind a very young GOOD footballing team. Its gives the players a lift.

It was a boring stand to be sitting in yesterday, put it that way.

The thing is, HOW DO YOU CHANGE IT?

Ell_Chrisso
17-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Have to agree with the OP, the atmosphere was pretty poisonous. It does seem like certain folk go along just waiting for the first bad pass so they can unleash their abuse.

Had the misfortune of sitting 3 rows in front of some 18 year old moron who berated Riordan at every opportunity. Just nonsensical shouts for 90 minutes.

Why? Riordan was SHOCKING! Has been for weeks. He moans his puss off at everyone, EVERY GAME. So he should be able to take back, what HE dishes out.

marinello59
Aye, you're right there mate, or so my Dad says :greengrin

In seriousness though, it seems that the people that turn up with the family don't seem to sing :confused:

Nothing against families turning up likes, just wish they would belt out a tune from time to time :devil:

Plenty of families at Pittodrie though wasn't there?

Antifa Hibs
It's upto the fans to change it. But it will take time, one thing that helps atmosphere is standing, but that will never happen, stand up and you'll have some ejjit complaining to the stewards. We'll just have to ride it out, hopefully the bubble will burst and the boring new age fans aswell as your moaning face barstewards will go back to playing golf and attending the pictures on a Saturday afternoon.

Is it any coincidence the 3 best atmosphere's this season is when our support has been relatively small? 1000 at Ibrox and 600 at Aberdeen and 1200 at Killie, compare that to our larger travelling supports at Hamilton, Dundee Utd, Falkirk etc where it has been pesh. Even the atmosphere at Tynie this season was poor, compare that to the 1600 we had last season at Tynie when the atmosphere was superb.

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 12:54 PM

Not nearly as much as you'll find at Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Falkirk etc...

marinello59
17-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Not nearly as much as you'll find at Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Falkirk etc...

Really? I don't notice the mix as being that different at any away game.

el capitano
17-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Why? Riordan was SHOCKING! Has been for weeks. He moans his puss off at everyone, EVERY GAME. So he should be able to take back, what HE dishes out.
i dont think thats acceptable, no player should have to listen to that. why do u do it? to get a reaction from him ? remember eric cantona, he gave the fan a reaction!

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Cannae mind.

I was pished and singing my wee heart out eh :greengrin

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 01:02 PM
It's upto the fans to change it. But it will take time, one thing that helps atmosphere is standing, but that will never happen, stand up and you'll have some ejjit complaining to the stewards. We'll just have to ride it out, hopefully the bubble will burst and the boring new age fans aswell as your moaning face barstewards will go back to playing golf and attending the pictures on a Saturday afternoon.

Is it any coincidence the 3 best atmosphere's this season is when our support has been relatively small? 1000 at Ibrox and 600 at Aberdeen and 1200 at Killie, compare that to our larger travelling supports at Hamilton, Dundee Utd, Falkirk etc where it has been pesh. Even the atmosphere at Tynie this season was poor, compare that to the 1600 we had last season at Tynie when the atmosphere was superb.
Bit of a cliche coming up, but could it be that its the real 'hardcore element' that head to places like Pittodrie and Ibrox?

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 01:03 PM
That's my point. Many seem to think Riordan, Zemmama, Miller and a few others are above criticism, but are more than happy to dish it out to Nish, Rankin etc...

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Were you at Kilmarnock? Don't remember much singing there.

Ell_Chrisso
17-01-2010, 01:07 PM
i dont think thats acceptable, no player should have to listen to that. why do u do it? to get a reaction from him ? remember eric cantona, he gave the fan a reaction!

I pay the same money as you, to get in a game, to be entertained.

Derek Riordan is theee biggest, greeeeeeeeeting faced person & footballer iv ever seen. I'd understand if he had the class, and consistency to back it up, but he doesn't.
I'd love to get a reaction. Maybe he would decide to learn the basics on how to play in a Left Mid position, he is pretty clueless in.

Why isn't it acceptable? You telling me your happy were playing rubbish? Hardly. The team deserve to know they are playing poor.

If you are as good as Eric Cantona, you won't be playing at bloody Hibs! :bitchy:

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Nope, Killie was poor and we had a decent sized support too.

Ibrox and Pittodrie have been the only trips when we've sung all game. No coincidence that they were also our smallest travelling supports of the season. Even Tynecastle was poor in comparison to recent games there.

Ell_Chrisso
17-01-2010, 01:09 PM
That's my point. Many seem to think Riordan, Zemmama, Miller and a few others are above criticism, but are more than happy to dish it out to Nish, Rankin etc...

:top marks Halllellluuuuujahhh, some-one who see it for what it ACTUALLY is.

If Riordan can give it out, he can take it back. Simple as that.

Zemmama & Miller are another two who are completely below par at late. But atleast they don't continually criticise & moan about EVERYTHING.

WindyMiller
17-01-2010, 01:11 PM

:agree:

Aye that's what we need, only the HARDCORE should be allowed to games.
Then the club wouldnae have to build the new East, and the West and FF could be sold off for flats.

Sorted.

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 01:13 PM

Zemmama & Miller are another two who are completely below par at late. But atleast they don't continually criticise & moan about EVERYTHING.
:agree: Well said.

Riordan is a class act, make no mistake. He certainly needs to up his game at the moment, as do the majority of the team. He needs to cut out the constant moaning though, lost count the number of times he's ranted at Wotherspoon recently. It was Stokes he gave it tight to before, i'm sure he even said so in an interview.

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 01:18 PM

Naughty :devil:

I know alot of Hibbies who have said the same though. It's worse is when we get to a final. take the Livi game, 15000 'fans' who probably attend about one game every couple years, more than likely a game against the OF or a Derby.

Titch
17-01-2010, 01:19 PM
A was sittting down in lower tier,yes game was pony,but my point i wanna make is some 3 fans who were near me were shouting pure guff at some players,until somebody nearby had the mettle to tell em to sit down wat do u ken bout fitba! was chuffin priceless didnae hear a peep after that :faf: made ma day after that chocolate performance!!
Mcbride missed badly!! need a target man..1/2 that team kanae heid the baw!!! cabbage for life!

Lower tier, right at the front, beside the dugout? it was me that to him to shut up he was doing my head in.

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 01:20 PM

Aye that's what we need, only the HARDCORE should be allowed to games.
Then the club wouldnae have to build the new East, and the West and FF could be sold off for flats.

Sorted.

And how do we join the HARDCORE? Do you have to pass an initiation test? 20 questions on Hibs? Sign a declaration confirming you will never take your bairns to games ever? Show your birth certificate to confirm you are within the allowed age group to join?

Maybe Antifa Hibs could confirm?

Sudds_1
17-01-2010, 01:22 PM

I know alot of Hibbies who have said the same though. It's worse is when we get to a final. take the Livi game, 15000 'fans' who probably attend about one game every couple years, more than likely a game against the OF or a Derby. Do we need them?

here we go............uberfan p*sh raises its head yet again. :yawn:

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 01:23 PM

And how do we join the HARDCORE? Do you have to pass an initiation test? 20 questions on Hibs? Sign a declaration confirming you will never take your bairns to games ever? Show your birth certificate to confirm you are within the allowed age group to join?

And old season books from 2000 onwards :devil:

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 01:26 PM
here we go............uberfan p*sh raises its head yet again. :yawn:
It's true though.

Get to a final and we have thousands of fans who crawl out the woodwork and buy a knew scarf. You can't deny that. It's not only Hibs though, every team has it.

marinello59
17-01-2010, 01:27 PM
It's true though.

Get to a final and we have thousands of fans who crawl out the woodwork and buy a knew scarf. You can't deny that. It's not only Hibs though, every team has it.

What's it got to do with nthe atmosphere at recent away games though?:greengrin

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 01:31 PM

Course. For all Killie wasn't exactly electric, it was better than Hamilton, Falkirk, Motherwell, St Mirren etc, the fact it even gets a mention shows how bad the other games where.

:dummytit:

marinello59
17-01-2010, 01:35 PM

But you are the one who have made deragatory remarks about fans attending away games.
What is your solution, would you ban them?:devil:

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Dont know why you just ALL dont get together for the games and start your own singing section,seems to be enough of you out there,especially the away games,its easier surely to all have a thread on here and then meet up in a designated area in the stadium,or am ah talkin pi5h?

el capitano
17-01-2010, 01:43 PM

Derek Riordan is theee biggest, greeeeeeeeeting faced person & footballer iv ever seen. I'd understand if he had the class, and consistency to back it up, but he doesn't.
I'd love to get a reaction. Maybe he would decide to learn the basics on how to play in a Left Mid position, he is pretty clueless in.

Why isn't it acceptable? You telling me your happy were playing rubbish? Hardly. The team deserve to know they are playing poor.

If you are as good as Eric Cantona, you won't be playing at bloody Hibs! :bitchy:
the players are at there work doing there job, they should not have to listen to u abusing them, wait outside after the game to criticise them if ur that much of a big man. how would u react at ur work if u were gettin pelters from someone?
im not only referring to riordan, im on about the whole team. if you think ur right standing shouting at someone while surrounded by hundreds of people that can hear every word, and the person u r shouting at cant do it back then we dont need fans like u at games.
to be honest, you deserve a slap from the player/s u r abusing but then it would be the players fault for reacting. they get enough abuse from opposition supporters without receiving it from you, in fact if u were to see one of the players and start to talk to them u would probably sucking right up his erse. get a grip ffs

el capitano
17-01-2010, 01:46 PM

if he gives it out he deserves to get it back, yes correct but not from u from his team mates. why would u want to give a hbs player stick for 90 mins

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Let me get this right, do we need more fans or less fans to create an atmosphere?

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 01:51 PM
the players are at there work doing there job, they should not have to listen to u abusing them, wait outside after the game to criticise them if ur that much of a big man. how would u react at ur work if u were gettin pelters from someone?
im not only referring to riordan, im on about the whole team. if you think ur right standing shouting at someone while surrounded by hundreds of people that can hear every word, and the person u r shouting at cant do it back then we dont need fans like u at games.
to be honest, you deserve a slap from the player/s u r abusing but then it would be the players fault for reacting. they get enough abuse from opposition supporters without receiving it from you, in fact if u were to see one of the players and start to talk to them u would probably sucking right up his erse. get a grip ffs

players who are playing pi5h and are not giving 100% deserve to get abuse,you dont clap players off the pitch who havent given their all,football is not an office enviornment.
But giving Nish or Deeks abuse when they havent even warmed up or being played out of position is out of order.
I used to go to all away games for years and would sing for 90 minutes,atmosphere has changed,dont know if its the sitting that has done that or what the reason is but we should be doing something to remedy it.

Dont know why you just ALL dont get together for the games and start your own singing section,seems to be enough of you out there,especially the away games,its easier surely to all have a thread on here and then meet up in a designated area in the stadium,or am ah talkin pi5h?

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Course. For all Killie wasn't exactly electric, it was better than Hamilton, Falkirk, Motherwell, St Mirren etc, the fact it even gets a mention shows how bad the other games where.

Yip, still waiting on your reply.

Ell_Chrisso
17-01-2010, 01:58 PM

These guys get paid ridiculous wages, im sure they can handle a bit of criticism. They deserve it, if they aint doing, what i pay GOOD money to see.

How can u assume what i would do? You don't know me. And im glad you don't either!

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 01:59 PM
But you are the one who have made deragatory remarks about fans attending away games.
What is your solution, would you ban them?:devil:

Where was I being deragatory :confused:

My solution, do as they do in Germany. Standing sections and sitting sections. Never happen though, the thicko's at the SFA couldn't possible organise something as difficult as that :rolleyes:

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 02:00 PM
Yip, still waiting on your reply.

Your just gonna have to keep waiting then as the immature nonsense you posted doesn't merit a reply :bye:

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 02:04 PM
players who are playing pi5h and are not giving 100% deserve to get abuse,you dont clap players off the pitch who havent given their all,football is not an office enviornment.
But giving Nish or Deeks abuse when they havent even warmed up or being played out of position is out of order.
I used to go to all away games for years and would sing for 90 minutes,atmosphere has changed,dont know if its the sitting that has done that or what the reason is but we should be doing something to remedy it.

Aye, good point.

We could call the movement 'Real fans Sing' :devil:

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Your just gonna have to keep waiting then as the immature nonsense you posted doesn't merit a reply :bye:

Immature nonsense? Really? Let's have a wee read of your first post seeing as you seem to have forgotten what you wrote:

The bit in bold that you wrote? That's what I call immature nonsense.

Ell_Chrisso
17-01-2010, 02:07 PM
There is an Atmosphere thread. But what i posted was, how do you change it?

One of the soultions is getting together. But how do you make this possible between a few hundred fans.

Especially at home games. Being alot of season tick holders. Atmosphere defo shocking this year.

houston1875
17-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Lower tier, right at the front, beside the dugout? it was me that to him to shut up he was doing my head in.

lol them three panheads didnae ken have a scooby!! does ma top piece in,when you gotta hear them come out with some of that crap

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 02:12 PM
There is an Atmosphere thread. But what i posted was, how do you change it?

One of the soultions is getting together. But how do you make this possible between a few hundred fans.

Especially at home games. Being alot of season tick holders. Atmosphere defo shocking this year.

mibbe if all the east stand board members agree a place in the east stand for next season and all buy their tix for that area,same with the rest of the stadium.I know folk prefer to sit in a specific area but if you get along with the guys from the board it may be a plus and the atmosphere may well be all the better for it.

Ell_Chrisso
17-01-2010, 02:18 PM
mibbe if all the east stand board members agree a place in the east stand for next season and all buy their tix for that area,same with the rest of the stadium.I know folk prefer to sit in a specific area but if you get along with the guys from the board it may be a plus and the atmosphere may well be all the better for it.

Im all for trying to help in bringing the old atmosphere back to ER. Its something i used to thrive on going to. Even if we were down by a goal or so, the place would be rocking... and thats what would drive the team on to do better. Especially the Hibs supporting players.

I don't see how tho, You can have people shouting at certain players to ask for more, or to tell them to get thier finger out, but you can't do that to the "Messiah's" of the team.

Yes, you have to get behind your team, to help encourage. But there are performances that merit Encouragement, and performances that merit the deserved CRITICISM.

If the players are 100% commited, and showing that they are atleast trying, then i won't criticise. Atleast that way, you know its either just your luck, or your getting beat by simply the better side.

Tyler Durden
17-01-2010, 02:51 PM

You appear to be exactly the type of fan I can't stick so maybe it was you doin my nut in yesterday.

You'd love to get a reaction out of him? Good for you if that's your contribution to creating an atmosphere.

marinello59
17-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Where was I being deragatory :confused:

How about this remark?

' away support is embarrassing these days, made up of familys, oaps, kids, dafties that havn't got a scooby etc,'

.Sean.
17-01-2010, 03:39 PM
How about this remark?

' away support is embarrassing these days, made up of familys, oaps, kids, dafties that havn't got a scooby etc,'
Talk about hitting the nail on the head :faf:

marinello59
17-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Talk about hitting the nail on the head :faf:

So do we ban these embarrasing groups of supporters?

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Immature nonsense? Really? Let's have a wee read of your first post seeing as you seem to have forgotten what you wrote:

The bit in bold that you wrote? That's what I call immature nonsense.

Whats immature about it? Just seeing it as it is. Not saying its right, not saying its wrong, but thats how it is. :confused:

basehibby
17-01-2010, 03:44 PM
These guys get paid ridiculous wages, im sure they can handle a bit of criticism. They deserve it, if they aint doing, what i pay GOOD money to see.

How can u assume what i would do? You don't know me. And im glad you don't either!

I PAY GOOD MONEY AS WELL - and I don't deserve to be rewarded by some ersehole shouting ill-informed sheight in my ear for 90mins :grr:

From your posts on this thread you seem to be a fan who likes to get behind the team vocally - that much we have in common. So why are you sticking up for some clueless numpty who choses to bawl a stream of constant negativity at an individual Hibs player - this is NOT acceptable behaviour from a "supporter" IMO - whether the target for such abuse is a regular scapegoat (Nish, Rankin, Hogg) or a so called untouchable (such as Riordan).

I reserve the right as a Hibs fan to tell such idiots to shut the **** up - and if they respond agressively, to request intervention from stewards/police. I understand that fans sometimes need to vent their frustration, but dick heads who continually spout negative crap are a PAIN IN THE ERSE to the majority of us and they need to realise that.

As far as the lack of singing home/away is concerned, I think these Ultra groups are a great idea and ought to be encouraged. Many of us like to get behind the team vocally but it usually needs a group of singers together to get things going (especially at less high profile fixtures where many seem determined to sit glumly on their hands rather than be proactive).

The Capital Greens seemed to be starting to make a difference for a while but subsequently faded from the scene. But I've noticed a few threads recently suggesting a regrouping/revival - more power to their arm I say as this is exactly the kind of thing needed to kick start the atmos at ER and beyond.

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 03:45 PM
How about this remark?

Maybe am just being a thick but I still can't see what is wrong with it.

Our away support is embarrassing. It is made up of familys, oaps, kids and dafties that havn't a clue about Hibs and football.

What's deragatory about it?

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Whats immature about it? Just seeing it as it is. Not saying its right, not saying its wrong, but thats how it is. :confused:

Maybe its me, but what are you trying to say? :confused:

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Maybe its me, but what are you trying to say? :confused:

That atmosphere's are generally pesh because of "familys, oaps, kids and dafties that havn't a clue about Hibs and football" that attend these days.

marinello59
17-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Maybe am just being a thick chunt but I still can't see what is wrong with it.

Our away support is embarrassing. It is made up of familys, oaps, kids and dafties that havn't a clue about Hibs and football.

Maybe thoe groups that embarrass you (ie everybody who is not aged between 16 and 40 and male) would find your remarks deragatory? No?

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Maybe thoe groups that embarrass you (ie everybody who is not aged between 16 and 40 and male) would find your remarks deragatory? No?

Try re-reading posts before hitting the reply button.

I said our away support is embarrassing. Our away support. With myself, my mates, my faimily etc in it. Never once did I say those groups were an embarrassment.

marinello59
17-01-2010, 03:55 PM
That atmosphere's are generally pesh because of "familys, oaps, kids and dafties that havn't a clue about Hibs and football" that attend these days.

So when you lambast fans for not attending games without good reason are those groups exempt?:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 03:57 PM

What do you suggest these people do on a saturday?

MSK
17-01-2010, 03:57 PM
That atmosphere's are generally pesh because of "familys, oaps, kids and dafties that havn't a clue about Hibs and football" that attend these days.If thats your opinion of your fellow hibs fans then tbh i would much rather sit wi them than sit wi you !!! :crazy:

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 04:00 PM
What do you suggest these people do on a saturday?

Go to the fitba to watch Hibs. :confused:

Not once have I said they shouldn't go, they have every right to attend games as anyone.

Although it would be good if clubs could cater for all types of support like what the Germans do. As I've said though the SFA couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery... Hibs away fans are more likely to sing a song before anything like that happens :greengrin

Brizo
17-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Aye, good point.

We could call the movement 'Real fans Sing' :devil:

Barry idea. We could get Andrew Lloyd Webber and Graham Norton to host a saturday night reality TV show where Hibbies have to prove their realness by singing in front of a studio audience who vote on their Hibbyness :wink:

Maybe am just being a thick but I still can't see what is wrong with it.

I used to be a bit of a daftie , now im a family man. Ill be an OAP in twenty years. Id like to take this opportunity to apologise for embarassing the club and my fellow fans for my previous and future away support :devil:

Alfred E Newman
17-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Maybe am just being a thick chunt but I still can't see what is wrong with it.

And you have I suppose. Maybe you could enlighten us auld duffers what you know about the club that we have supported Hibs faithfully since before you were even a flutter in your faithers underpants don`t. Or my 39 year old son who I started taking to Easter Road when he was only 4, who was at Tannadice yesterday with his wife. Is he a twat as well? Maybe when you mature a bit you will realise what garbage you are spouting.

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 04:06 PM
And you have I suppose. Maybe you could enlighten us auld duffers what you know about the club that we have supported Hibs faithfully since before you were even a flutter in your faithers underpants don`t. Or my 39 year old son who I started taking to Easter Road when he was only 4, who was at Tannadice yesterday with his wife. Is he a twat as well? Maybe when you mature a bit you will realise what garbage you are spouting.

Where have I put you under that catergory? Yep thats right, I havn't. So why you have qouted and bolded that post and taken offence to it is beyond me. Another one that cannae read...

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 04:06 PM

It's immature, in my opinion, as what you seem to be saying is that only males aged between 16-40 should be allowed to go to away games. Anyone outside that demographic should just away and do something else on a Saturday afternoon as they have no right to be at the fitba.

If parent's didn't take their kids to the football, then there would be no next generation to follow the team.

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Take it you havn't read post 107?

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Take it you havn't read post 107?

Ah right, back-tracking. No bother.

Antifa Hibs
17-01-2010, 04:26 PM
Ah right, back-tracking. No bother.

How can I backtrack if I never said anything like that in the first place :faf:

Face it. One nil Antifa. :cool2:

weecounty hibby
17-01-2010, 04:34 PM

I know alot of Hibbies who have said the same though. It's worse is when we get to a final. take the Livi game, 15000 'fans' who probably attend about one game every couple years, more than likely a game against the OF or a Derby.

This is the kind of pish that makes my blood boil. I have been a Hibby for 36 years now almost twice as long as you have been alive. By my reckoning I have attended somewhere in the region of 1000 Hibs games home, away, England, Europe probably seen them in places you have only read about. I have had numerous season tickets for east terrace, east stand, FF and west stands. I have three kids two of them have also had ST for the west.
Unfortunately the third came along and she has serious health issues which have curtailed a great deal in my families life, not just watching Hibs. But as far as you are concerned when it is final time I shouldn't be there.
I have done my service for Hibs, you let me know when you are into your fourth decade, have clocked up 1000 games and still love the club as much as I do. I can't be bothered with self righteous dicks like you telling others how to be a Hibby or when it's ok to go to games.

As for atmosphere it will never be any good again until we get dedicated safe standing areas back. Even games with 60/70,000 at them can have no atmosphere these days due to all seated stadiums

marinello59
17-01-2010, 04:38 PM

Not really. You did make a deragatory comment despite your refusal to see it.
Face it. One nil to the facts.:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 04:40 PM
This is the kind of pish that makes my blood boil. I have been a Hibby for 36 years now almost twice as long as you have been alive. By my reckoning I have attended somewhere in the region of 1000 Hibs games home, away, England, Europe probably seen them in places you have only read about. I have had numerous season tickets for east terrace, east stand, FF and west stands. I have three kids two of them have also had ST for the west.
Unfortunately the third came along and she has serious health issues which have curtailed a great deal in my families life, not just watching Hibs. But as far as you are concerned when it is final time I shouldn't be there.
I have done my service for Hibs, you let me know when you are into your fourth decade, have clocked up 1000 games and still love the club as much as I do. I can't be bothered with self righteous dicks like you telling others how to be a Hibby or when it's ok to go to games.

:top marks Well said that man. :agree:

ArabHibee
17-01-2010, 04:42 PM
Not really. You did make a deragatory comment despite your refusal to see it.
Face it. One nil to the facts.:greengrin

Should that not read:

Facts - 1, Antifa Hibs - 0

:cool2:

Alfred E Newman
17-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Where have I put you under that catergory? Yep thats right, I havn't. So why you have qouted and bolded that post and taken offence to it is beyond me. Another one that cannae read...

And you cannae spell. Its Category. According to your OP I qualify on several counts. I am over 40, I am in fact nearing the OAP group, I have taken children along, I have taken my wife along and I suppose as a long suffering supporter of over 50 years and still hopeful of seeing the Hibs lift the Scottish Cup I can qualify for the daftie group as well. What are your qualifications please?

weonlywon6-2
17-01-2010, 05:30 PM

:top marks

3pm
17-01-2010, 05:45 PM

Aye, thank your lucky stars if your pub has PC / internet access. :agree:

MacBean
17-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Season ticket holder,go outta my way to watch my team,but when it comes to ******s voicing what they think is best..chuff off!! Where you there during the hard times 15-20 years ago,i think we got it good now some fans don't know when they got it good! Plus most of them dont now ****!! Don't know the people of leith,or have business's in leith,tip my hat! 3 generations of cabbage and I know the hardcore who spend there last penny to watch the 'bage..

Thru ****in thick and thin!!!! Wat a fickle bunch we can be,amongst the most fickle fans in uk..hammers are the worst!!!

Europe beckons get behind them!!!!!!!
]

does this mean that you have to be born and bred in Leith to be a true hibs fan? 95% of my family are hibs fans, they were all born and bred in Leith and the East side of the city and followed hibs throughout their lives, however i wasnt.

I was born in Perth and moved to Murrayfield when i was about 5. Ive never lived in Leith or the East side of the city but have had a season ticket for 8 of the last 12 years (used to play football on a saturday) and travel to as many away games as physically possible.

My family passed the love of hibs on to me and its like an addiction that cannot be shaken. This does not make me any less of a hibs fan than the next person, i love Hibernian with every inch of my body, Win Lose of Draw.

Its not about how many games you go to as alot of fans financially cannot afford to travel every second weekend to follow hibs, but they will either be on here or giving 100% of their attention listening to the reports on the radio.

I appreciate what your saying regarding the good and the bad times and i quite simply cannot comment on them as i presume you are talking about times before i could recall, however the season we were in Scotlands second tier i went to all bar 2 games that season although i was still only a wee laddie i went with my family and followed them thru n thru (to me relegation is the lowest point i can recall)

houston1875
17-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Yep u presume quite a bit young man

good post ;-)

now if you'll excuse me a gotta go chocolate

MacBean
17-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Yep u presume quite a bit young man

good post ;-)

now if you'll excuse me a gotta go chocolate

Im not sure what you mean by that? seems a bit of a weird reply

skipster7
17-01-2010, 06:45 PM

if you have ever played football at any level you'll know that there can be guys who just moan all the time in every team, i for one think its no bad thing,better than just accepting poor play.lets shove kris boyd, kenny miller, scott mcdonald etc out to left midfield and berate them if they are slightly grumpy about the game not going their way.:confused:

houston1875
17-01-2010, 06:46 PM
95% are cabbage,what are the remaining 5%?
tell me you ain't got yams in the family
I've learnt to live with that shame too?

MacBean
17-01-2010, 06:50 PM

Im not ashamed to say that i have A (yes one) Yam in my family along with one St Johnstone Fan.
who they choose to support is up to them and they make thier own decisions as to who they wish to support.

What has that got to do with me being a hibee? It doesnt make me any less of a hibee because some deluded member in my family decides to follow that lot.

Ell_Chrisso
17-01-2010, 06:50 PM

Unfortunatly, One got turned to the dark side :agree:

skipster7
17-01-2010, 06:52 PM

the complete disregard that there are guys on the other team trying to win,and stop your guys doing what they are paid to do as well sounds like arrogant weedgie pash:bitchy:

houston1875
17-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Oh FFS...
Sunshine a ain't looking for a argument but I gather you are?

MacBean
17-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Oh FFS...

no not at all, im just a little confused as to the replies thats all as they didnt make any sense to me.

not looking for any argument just a little clarification as to your replies and comments.

basehibby
17-01-2010, 07:21 PM

OG

Removed
17-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Oh FFS...

Some folk will be a little bit confused by some of your posts and they way they are written. I also think it's a bit bizarre that you've been a member for 2 years yet choose yesterday & today to steam in with a number of (imo) strange posts. It can't have been the performance yesterday because in no way was that the worst this season and doesn't even compare to the dross we had to put up with last year. So what did prompt you to join in if you don't mind me asking?

houston1875
17-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Performance didn't warrant my posts,the chumps who a had to listen to for 80 mins,warranted my posts and the reason why I'm never on here much..
Well let me think

el capitano
17-01-2010, 07:38 PM

so ur mr hibs? and speak for everyone? everyone that pays GOOD money to see are u? they need supported (espaecially away from home) not put down by our own supporters
what makes you think that loud in your face critisism helps hibs while a match is on?
and what makes u think i wouldnt want to know u? im sure il hear u one match, cant be hard to hear u, surely, haha

Hibby Bairn
17-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if mentioned elsewhere but I wonder if Hibs being an Edinburgh club are affected by the general feeling of their supporters many of whom will work in financial services?

Possibly not but some of these folk will be totally hacked off with things in the past year and just let it out at the weekend. I know loads of hibs supporters who go to away games that work in the banks.

They have had it in the neck from everyone for the past 18 months so 90 minutes of abuse to players who at times haven't been cutting it might just be a knock on effect. A release valve.

Maybe totally off the mark but it has been getting steadily worse in the past year or so....so might be connected.

Removed
17-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if mentioned elsewhere but I wonder if Hibs being an Edinburgh club are affected by the general feeling of their supporters many of whom will work in financial services?

Possibly not but some of these folk will be totally hacked off with things in the past year and just let it out at the weekend. I know loads of hibs supporters who go to away games that work in the banks.

They have had it in the neck from everyone for the past 18 months so 90 minutes of abuse to players who at times haven't been cutting it might just be a knock on effect. A release valve.

Maybe totally off the mark but it has been getting steadily worse in the past year or so....so might be connected.

I work for a bank and what has happened to me in the past year has absolutely no effect on how I behave at the football or view actions on or off the pitch. When times were good and we had big profit sharing, didvidends, cash bonuses etc it didn't stop me moaning either :greengrin

MacBean
17-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I work for a bank and what has happened to me in the past year has absolutely no effect on how I behave at the football or view actions on or off the pitch. When times were good and we had big profit sharing, didvidends, cash bonuses etc it didn't stop me moaning either :greengrin

Ditto!

Hibby Bairn
18-01-2010, 06:46 AM
Ditto!
Maybe it's all the others then who don't work for a bank but cannae get an overdraft!! :)