PDA

View Full Version : Face it folks, we are garbage!

Alicky Ranks
16-01-2010, 06:18 PM
I asked after my first game in two years last week whether Hibs really are as painful to watch every week. I got my answer today. How on earth we stayed in third place for so long is beyond me after watching that lot. Not a spark of creativity or passion among them. I can only assume that Scottish football is at its lowest ever ebb or that our pre-Christmas results were a flash in the pan as since then we have:

Been hammered by the huns
Played dismally against an equally dismal Hearts side
Toiled against a Junior side
Failed to show up against a side who had seven put past them only a couple of weeks ago in a game that we knew had third place at stake

I'm flying back home in a couple of days thoroughly disheartened by the dismal fodder served up by Hibs in my time back in Edinburgh. On this evidence I can see us struggling to stay in the top six and I'm rather relieved to put a few thousand miles between me and Easter Road.

FRes Hibbie
16-01-2010, 06:28 PM
I asked after my first game in two years last week whether Hibs really are as painful to watch every week. I got my answer today. How on earth we stayed in third place for so long is beyond me after watching that lot. Not a spark of creativity or passion among them. I can only assume that Scottish football is at its lowest ever ebb or that our pre-Christmas results were a flash in the pan as since then we have:

Failed to show up against a side who had seven put past them only a couple of weeks ago in a game that we knew had third place at stake

I'm flying back home in a couple of days thoroughly disheartened by the dismal fodder served up by Hibs in my time back in Edinburgh. On this evidence I can see us struggling to stay in the top six and I'm rather relieved to put a few thousand miles between me and Easter Road.

Complete knee-jerk reaction. Two games this season (one a glorified friendly) and on the basis of that we're pish. Nonsense.

We're not as good the 12 match unbeaten run suggested but we will not "struggle to stay in the top 6."

I've not been to many games this season so I've tended not to form too many concrete opinions based on TV, Radio, Hibsnet coverage. Perhaps you should do the same.

Alicky Ranks
16-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Complete knee-jerk reaction. Two games this season (one a glorified friendly) and on the basis of that we're pish. Nonsense.

We're not as good the 12 match unbeaten run suggested but we will not "struggle to stay in the top 6."

I've not been to many games this season so I've tended not to form too many concrete opinions based on TV, Radio, Hibsnet coverage. Perhaps you should do the same.

I agree that you only really get the full picture by being at the games, but live TV games are a pretty accurate indicator of how a team is playing. I've watched a few of those this season and seen little to make me think this is a side going places. I'd love to be wrong, but I really think the standard of Scottish football is abysmal from the national team down, which is perhaps best illustrated by the fact the huns are running away with the league yet looked hopelessly out of their depth against mediocre European opposition.

I salute those who shell out to watch this standard of football week in week out. Me? I need a goodly dose of alcohol to drown out the memory of today's game. I'm in St Andrews for a Burns supper so that should provide the dosage required :wink:

Hibstrooper
16-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Jeez oh if you are calling us garbage now I'd hate to know what you were saying about us under Mixu!

We're not great but we are moving in the right direction - quicker at first than Hughes thought we would, so perhaps it's natural we take a step back a little before pushing on again.

fatbloke
16-01-2010, 06:36 PM

Sorry Forres Hibbie, AR is quite correct. Best chance in years to do something. No wonder the weegie rags and everyone else laughs at farcical ****** that masquerades as Scottish footbal. We help to perpetuate the staus quo with our staggering incompetence and perceived lack of ambition, desire and will to win.

Ed De Gramo
16-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Certain players let us down again...one positive was Steven Thicot

greenlex
16-01-2010, 06:37 PM
I agree that you only really get the full picture by being at the games, but live TV games are a pretty accurate indicator of how a team is playing. I've watched a few of those this season and seen little to make me think this is a side going places. I'd love to be wrong, but I really think the standard of Scottish football is abysmal from the national team down, which is perhaps best illustrated by the fact the huns are running away with the league yet looked hopelessly out of their depth against mediocre European opposition.

I salute those who shell out to watch this standard of football week in week out. Me? I need a goodly dose of alcohol to drown out the memory of today's game. I'm in St Andrews for a Burns supper so that should provide the dosage required :wink:
Its on BBC Alba at 8 tonight. Maybe you should watch it and then reconsider your post?

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 06:41 PM
Sorry Forres Hibbie, AR is quite correct. Best chance in years to do something. No wonder the weegie rags and everyone else laughs at farcical ****** that masquerades as Scottish footbal. We help to perpetuate the staus quo with our staggering incompetence and perceived lack of ambition, desire and will to win.

How the hell is it the best chance in years to do something?

fatbloke
16-01-2010, 06:46 PM

Because we have better players than in previous years, Rankgers and Smelltic and the usual also rans are not great and in John Hughes we have an excellent manager and man manager and coz I said so,

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Because we have better players than in previous years, Rankgers and Smelltic and the usual also rans are not great and in John Hughes we have an excellent manager and man manager and coz I said so,

Do you think a team with Hanlon/Hogg/Nish/Rankin/Cregg would win the league?

Jim44
16-01-2010, 06:55 PM
I think 'garbage' is a bit strong. We are a mediocre/average side which has over-achieved for the first part of the season. We are being found out now in games where it really matters and we are falling/about to fall back into the position we all deep down expected to be in come May. On the other hand, the Jambos and D Utd. are getting over their poor spells and are on the way up. I think D Utd will stay there now unless the Jambos can keep their momentum going after the split. A fifth or sixth place for us won't be garbage it will just be 'not very good'.

magpie1892
16-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Was at Tynecastle this afternoon. Absolutely classic example of how to wring the best out of a very mediocre (Stewart aside) set of players.

Also a superb illustration of how to keep a one goal lead and grab the points.

It's absolute murder to watch, but it's proving effective of late. I think the brokeback concensus is that Laszlo must go but he's the best they've had since Levein.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:07 PM

Not knee jerk at all, we have been crap all season bar a couple of games.......

We are most certainly fortunate to be so high up the table....

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 07:10 PM

Have the other teams been unfortunate to be so low down the table?

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Have the other teams been unfortunate to be so low down the table?

I only watch Hibs, so could not comment on other teams, week in week out.....

HibbyAndy
16-01-2010, 07:14 PM

:greengrin

ronaldo7
16-01-2010, 07:15 PM

We never turned up for the first half bud, however when Yogi changed it for the second, we were better. Never got the rub of the green today, but United just about deserved their 1 goal victory.

The far side linesman was a homer too:boo hoo:

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 07:17 PM

Perhaps they are saying the same, and league positions are about right. Every team will win a few, draw a few, and lose a few. We are doing ok on that score. And concidering how bad we were when Yogi took over, i'd say we are making good progress. Yes we are having a dip in results at the moment, but all teams have that. I'm sure like me, you hope that ends pretty quickly.

Baldy Foghorn
16-01-2010, 07:22 PM
Perhaps they are saying the same, and league positions are about right. Every team will win a few, draw a few, and lose a few. We are doing ok on that score. And concidering how bad we were when Yogi took over, i'd say we are making good progress. Yes we are having a dip in results at the moment, but all teams have that. I'm sure like me, you hope that ends pretty quickly.

Indeed, but whilst we have improved on last season, I still feel there is a lot more to come from the team..... Too many players not playing for the team at the moment.....

I wish Yogi would stop trying to accomodate certain individuals, and get the right balance.....

fatbloke
16-01-2010, 07:27 PM
Do you think a team with Hanlon/Hogg/Nish/Rankin/Cregg would win the league?

These guys are no worse than Broadfoot, Smith, Naylor, McManus, Caldwell, Samaras, Lafferty, Crossas, Wilson, McCourt, Mizuno, Rothen, Edu and Beasley and the ugly sisters expect and in all cases except for a couple since I started watching football do win the leadue with ****** sometimes worse than this.

I also expect to win every game we play and win every competition we enter.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Indeed, but whilst we have improved on last season, I still feel there is a lot more to come from the team..... Too many players not playing for the team at the moment.....

I wish Yogi would stop trying to accomodate certain individuals, and get the right balance.....

We need to replace both full backs, Hogg, rankin, nish with better players. If we do that, and push wotherspoon into midfield alongside miller mcbride and zemamma, with bamba back in the centre of the defence. We'd piss 3rd with that, our quality forwards should not be playing most of the time in their own half, and better players further back would help this. Yogi knows whats needed, but can only sign players twice a year, he will get better in, we need to be patient.

blackpoolhibs
16-01-2010, 07:32 PM
These guys are no worse than Broadfoot, Smith, Naylor, McManus, Caldwell, Samaras, Lafferty, Crossas, Wilson, McCourt, Mizuno, Rothen, Edu and Beasley and the ugly sisters expect and in all cases except for a couple since I started watching football do win the leadue with ****** sometimes worse than this.

I also expect to win every game we play and win every competition we enter.

:faf::faf: How many of those start every week?

hibsbollah
16-01-2010, 07:34 PM
We need to replace both full backs, Hogg, rankin, nish with better players. If we do that, and push wotherspoon into midfield alongside miller mcbride and zemamma, with bamba back in the centre of the defence. We'd piss 3rd with that, our quality forwards should not be playing most of the time in their own half, and better players further back would help this. Yogi knows whats needed, but can only sign players twice a year, he will get better in, we need to be patient.

:agree: Good post. I wasnt at the game today but some of the posts seem totally melodramatic.

Mag7
16-01-2010, 07:38 PM

And by a 10-man Rangers side at that. We should have gone to Tannadice confident of proving we were third on merit. Instead? Well, we all know the script. Another letdown.

xyz23jc
16-01-2010, 07:59 PM
We never turned up for the first half bud, however when Yogi changed it for the second, we were better. Never got the rub of the green today, but United just about deserved their 1 goal victory.

Bang on there mate!:agree:

Mag7
17-01-2010, 12:19 AM

You're not wrong there. I thought things were on the up a few years back, but Scottish football is the poorest it's been in all my years of watching it. Painfully sub-standard at times. I blame Romanov.

CallumLaidlaw
17-01-2010, 01:38 AM

Sums it up for me. We were awful at times but the officials were horrific. The penalty was a shocker, but we possibly did enough in the 2nd half to get a pointl...BUT maybe not, as we hardly strung 3 passes together in the 1st half

down the slope
17-01-2010, 08:15 AM
I think like every supporter we expect defeats along the way and i can take them if we have put in a shift and it just got beat by a better side but it seems that we are incapable of rolling the sleeves up and digging in for ninety minutes. This is not a new thing and has failed to be addressed by Hibs managers down the years, it also seems to me that when we are bad we are the worst of the lot and when other teams are on a loosing run or if you have never scored for a year like Swanson yesterday then the Hibs are the team to play against.

Alicky Ranks
17-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Jeez oh if you are calling us garbage now I'd hate to know what you were saying about us under Mixu!

We're not great but we are moving in the right direction - quicker at first than Hughes thought we would, so perhaps it's natural we take a step back a little before pushing on again.

You know what? From what I saw we were better under Mixu for certain spells. When he first arrived he dragged us from the bottom six to third place where we looked for a while like we might finish before a late-season slide. Last season was overall pretty grim, but after the split the games at ER against Celtic and Rangers and the win at Tynecastle were achieved through battling qualities utterly absent yesterday. I simply don't understand why it's so hard for players to get up for a game that could have put some daylight between us and the rest in third place. Instead we're suddenly down to fourth and, almost unbelievably, starting to look over our shoulders at the teams below that. Perish the thought we're bad enough to let Hearts catch us. Six points clear with a game in hand SHOULD be enough to keep them at bay but the way we've been playing you do wonder.

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 09:32 AM
You know what? From what I saw we were better under Mixu for certain spells. When he first arrived he dragged us from the bottom six to third place where we looked for a while like we might finish before a late-season slide. Last season was overall pretty grim, but after the split the games at ER against Celtic and Rangers and the win at Tynecastle were achieved through battling qualities utterly absent yesterday. I simply don't understand why it's so hard for players to get up for a game that could have put some daylight between us and the rest in third place. Instead we're suddenly down to fourth and, almost unbelievably, starting to look over our shoulders at the teams below that. Perish the thought we're bad enough to let Hearts catch us. Six points clear with a game in hand SHOULD be enough to keep them at bay but the way we've been playing you do wonder.

I think you have said in one sentence why a lot of the support are panicking. We should never have been as far as 15 points clear of hearts going by last seasons performances. Yet the new man came in, and turned the team around with some new players, and one kid from the 19s. We were always going to have a dip, FFS every team does, but a team like hibs, who had played way above what any of us expected, had picked up way more points than any of us expected, would always lose a few points. Expectations have risen, but the first time we drop from that far too high expectation, the fans are ripping into the players and the manager. :bitchy:

Barney McGrew
17-01-2010, 09:43 AM
I think you have said in one sentence why a lot of the support are panicking. We should never have been as far as 15 points clear of hearts going by last seasons performances. Yet the new man came in, and turned the team around with some new players, and one kid from the 19s. We were always going to have a dip, FFS every team does, but a team like hibs, who had played way above what any of us expected, had picked up way more points than any of us expected, would always lose a few points. Expectations have risen, but the first time we drop from that far too high expectation, the fans are ripping into the players and the manager. :bitchy:

Quite :top marks

Our 'massive dip' in form has seen us lose to a Rangers team that were on a run of form that was as good as they'd been on for donkeys, get a draw in a derby (that many people would have probably accepted if they'd been offered it before the game) and narrowly lose away at one of the most difficult away grounds in the SPL. At the same time moving comfortably through to the next round of the Scottish Cup.

There's not a team who are not going to go through a sticky patch this season, and if this is ours (with those matches above) I'll take it.

And BTW, I'd like to see some of those saying we were 'lucky' to be third justify that - we got where we are in the league by picking up more points than the teams below us, and I can't remember any of the wins we've had this season being lucky.

It's over reaction central on here just now.

Jaz
17-01-2010, 10:00 AM

I'm relieved that you are thousands of miles from ER.

Meanwhile, I'll get on with 'supporting' my team.

Plum.

Toaods
17-01-2010, 10:22 AM
but I really think the standard of Scottish football is abysmal

for me this is the crux of the matter, our standards are very poor which is the reason we can barely negociate a TV deal (outwith the ludicrously over-hyped theoretical Setanta agreement) in this country. No other nations are remotely interested in our action, due to improvement in world standards and the lack of skill exhibited within our league. The order of the day seems to be hard grafting workhorses and that is one of the reason why the total number of spectators are in decline.

...we can still win the :wink: (you-know-what)

Golden Bear
17-01-2010, 10:26 AM

Jonah!

:hide:

hibiedude
17-01-2010, 10:33 AM
We are never garbage and thats a FACT, We are playing p1ss poor at the moment there is a difference.

I see there is some posters on this topic that have little or no posts to there account, do we have yams masquerading as Hibs supporters on this thread :wink:

MrSmith
17-01-2010, 10:49 AM
It is the lack of 'want' that gets me every time! We don't seem to roll up our sleeves nor dig in when needed and in essence we are a soft team that just can't keep a hold of what we have, letting us down on a regular basis!

I suppose the only comfort is I'm used it, expect it and soooo over it!

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 10:52 AM
It is the lack of 'want' that gets me every time! We don't seem to roll up our sleeves nor dig in when needed and in essence we are a soft team that just can't keep a hold of what we have, letting us down on a regular basis!

I suppose the only comfort is I'm used it, expect it and soooo over it!

W have lost 4 times this season, we have wanted it quite a bit imho. Should we win every game?

MrSmith
17-01-2010, 10:55 AM
W have lost 4 times this season, we have wanted it quite a bit imho. Should we win every game?

It's not about winning every game just losing with style!
:wink:

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 10:58 AM
It's not about winning every game just losing with style!
:wink:

Ah, so its better to lose with style, than win with grit and determination.

MrSmith
17-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Ah, so its better to lose with style, than win with grit and determination.

Well, you gotta go down looking good!:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 11:26 AM

I know you are joking, but expectations have risen, and even Tottenham fans were booing their team off the pitch yesterday, after drawing with Hull. FFS Spurs are 4th, in a champions league position. :faf: Unless we were winning the league, i'm convinced some people would even moan because we failed in doing the double.

hibsbollah
17-01-2010, 11:28 AM
for me this is the crux of the matter, our standards are very poor which is the reason we can barely negociate a TV deal (outwith the ludicrously over-hyped theoretical Setanta agreement) in this country. No other nations are remotely interested in our action, due to improvement in world standards and the lack of skill exhibited within our league. The order of the day seems to be hard grafting workhorses and that is one of the reason why the total number of spectators are in decline.

..we can still win the :wink: (you-know-what)

I would question this statement. Its painfully obvious the English topflight is very poor this season (Liverpool Stoke yesterday, McLeish's cloggers challenging for Champs League 2 prime current examples). Mediocrity in Italy. Small teams from Eastern Europe that get a bit of financial investment are breaking through into the champions league. Teams are being ripped apart every couple of years because agents and players move to where the wages are higher.

For a small country the standard of the SPL is about what you would expect IMO. The Scots do love a bit of self-criticism though, thats the difference.

Hibernating (Im a stoopid yam tramp)
17-01-2010, 11:31 AM
While I don't agree with OP's verdict, yesterday was piss poor. We lack any real pace and are brittle without Bamba.

silverhibee
17-01-2010, 11:39 AM

Enjoy your flight.:bye: No need to rush back.

RoYO!
17-01-2010, 12:10 PM

:bye:

Saorsa
17-01-2010, 12:20 PM

I'm flying back home in a couple of days thoroughly disheartened by the dismal fodder served up by Hibs in my time back in Edinburgh. On this evidence I can see us struggling to stay in the top six and I'm rather relieved to put a few thousand miles between me and Easter Road.We are maybe no quite as good as some have had us cracked up tae be, but Garbage! I dinnae think so.

Cheerio now :bye:

Toaods
17-01-2010, 12:37 PM
I would question this statement. Its painfully obvious the English topflight is very poor this season (Liverpool Stoke yesterday, McLeish's cloggers challenging for Champs League 2 prime current examples). Mediocrity in Italy. Small teams from Eastern Europe that get a bit of financial investment are breaking through into the champions league.

I await with eager anticipation, the point when we as a club are as good as these teams you mention and Scottish clubs are capable of winning away from home, without a solitary goal being as treated as the rise of the phoenix.

hibsbollah
17-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I await with eager anticipation, the point when we as a club are as good as these teams you mention and Scottish clubs are capable of winning away from home, without a solitary goal being as treated as the rise of the phoenix.

Thats not the point I was making though. World standards are, IMO, not improving as you suggest, just the opposite.

Sudds_1
17-01-2010, 01:46 PM

couldn't agree with you more............

.........I always insists that Mrs Sudds has her make up on and hair done before a BJ :wink:

Well, one has standards you know :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
17-01-2010, 01:57 PM
couldn't agree with you more............

.........I always insists that Mrs Sudds has her make up on and hair done before a BJ :wink:

Well, one has standards you know :greengrin

:faf::faf::top marks

Hakim Sar
17-01-2010, 02:07 PM

Wanna know something mate? If you are glad to put a thousand miles between yourself and hibs then beat it and don't come back. who are you to criticise and make snap judgements when you have such little game time? I am assuming that you fancy yourself as a bit of a 'know it all' but posts like this make you out to be fickle moron who doesn't deserve to support ANY team - nevermind the hibs.

Away you go to tynecastle

Jeezo worra nidiot

Phil MaGlass
17-01-2010, 02:59 PM

been saying this all season myself,although I have been pleased with the coverage we have been getting in the media and it was good to be sitting so many points ahead of the yams.

Alicky Ranks
17-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Wanna know something mate? If you are glad to put a thousand miles between yourself and hibs then beat it and don't come back. who are you to criticise and make snap judgements when you have such little game time? I am assuming that you fancy yourself as a bit of a 'know it all' but posts like this make you out to be fickle moron who doesn't deserve to support ANY team - nevermind the hibs.

Away you go to tynecastle

Jeezo worra nidiot

I don't regard myself as a know it all, but I've been following Hibs long enough to know when I'm watching dismal football. OK, maybe I've been spoiled because I moved abroad at the height of the Mowbray era when we were banging in the goals and playing with real class. It's a sore disappointment to come back and watch the last couple of games in comparison.

Alex Trager
17-01-2010, 04:29 PM

Is this a serious remark ? we were playing very well pre christmas ( well some times) but were not that bad!!!!! We hit form next week:pray: and we will hopefully get back to how we played against motherwell twice this season

Toaods
17-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Thats not the point I was making though. World standards are, IMO, not improving as you suggest, just the opposite.

I believe there has been an emergence of countries from Africa and eastern Europe that have provided some very talented players. Supplement that to improvements to the Pan-Asian lot and things are on the up.

There is rarely a cake-walk in the World Cup finals.

Scotland struggle to make an impact against any of these nations, the results speak for themselves.

basehibby
17-01-2010, 05:09 PM

:agree: Good post from Blackpool here - a guy who has NOT been slow to criticise when things have gone awry at Hibs in the past.
I think that while the OP has a point in that recent displays have been uninspiring, he misses the point that the side had previously been overachieving in amassing a 13/14 match unbeaten run while rarely firing on all cylinders.
Areas of the side are still in dire need of strengthening and performances have reflected this. Many points have still been acrued because we have quality up front but we have rarely seen Hibs dominate a game this season.
To say this Hibs side is "garbage" though is way over the top and obviously a knee-jerk reaction from a fan who's expectations, over-inflated from afar, have been disappointed. However, it has certainly become all too aparent that all the newspaper clap trap about us being title contenders this season IS (as Hughes insisted all along) GARBAGE.
A few signings in the right areas this month would still make us strong favourites for 3rd though :pray:

Fergus52
17-01-2010, 10:02 PM
:faf::faf: How many of those start every week?

Aside from hogg, how many of the players you named start for us every week?

iwasthere1972
17-01-2010, 10:09 PM

Me too. :bye:

Dinnae hurry back.

Woody1985
17-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I thought we looked okay on the highlights. Although saying that we looked okay on the IM highlights!

Has anyone mentioned Murray's pass into Liam Miller on the half way line with Bauben(?) right behind him. Millers only option had he been able to control it would have been to go back to Murray given the position of the forwards so he shouldn't have played that in there.

Still, he did well to get back and block.

whiskyhibby
17-01-2010, 10:53 PM
:jamboid::jamboid:

blackpoolhibs
18-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Aside from hogg, how many of the players you named start for us every week?

Apart from Cregg, the rest have had ample time in a hibs shirt this season. They all have contributed to i'd imagine 75% of the season. In fact you could say they were nearly regulars.

ahibby
18-01-2010, 12:21 PM
No we are not garbage but we do need to lose a couple of players and bring in a couple.

Mibbes Aye
23-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Stay away ya jinx :greengrin

bighairyfaeleith
23-01-2010, 09:57 PM

I'll second that :greengrin

iwasthere1972
23-01-2010, 11:32 PM

I'll second that :greengrin

I'll third it. In fact I would insist that his passport is returned to the relevant authorities to ensure that he never comes back to these shores.

Aye a jinx indeed.

hfc rd
24-01-2010, 12:10 AM

You shouldn't call yourself a Hibs supporter. It would be better if you started supporting the yams.

zlatan
24-01-2010, 12:15 AM
Yeah take that mate, you make a fairly bold, if somewhat kneejerk, statement after a defeat and general poor run of form but now we've won a game I can say 7 days later hardeeharhar you were wrong.

Pedantic_Hibee
24-01-2010, 12:16 AM
In stark contrast to the OP, since I moved from Edinburgh to the South Coast last year, I've become a bigger Hibs fan than I've ever been before and I was a season ticket holder for many a year when I lived in Auld Reekie. I've also become more balanced in my view of Hibs as well, I'm not as blinkered these days.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder et al I suppose. I would have killed to have been at the game today.

Woke up this morning and for some strange reason (I posted this on the PM board), I just had a feeling we would absolutely tonk Hamilton today, couldn't shake the feeling, I phoned my old man back home and he told me I was on drugs (as did Baw187 :greengrin ). Killed me that I had such a strong feeling about a convincing win yet I'm precisely 424 miles away with no hope of walking through the turnstiles to see them.

To all those local Hibbies who moan, whimper and complain, try being away from the club you love and then evaluate your outlook on all things green and white.

If you've got the money and the time, get along to as many games as you possibly can, I sure wish I sacrificed some of my Friday nights out and kept 30 notes in my wallet to visit ER when I lived nearby, win, lose or draw.

AFKA5814_Hibs
24-01-2010, 12:33 AM
This is Hibs. String a few wins together and we're gonna win the league, a few defeats and we're gonna be relegated. That's the way it seems to go with some folk on here.:hnet:

PaulSmith
27-01-2010, 10:23 PM

Mug.

PatHead
27-01-2010, 11:21 PM
This is Hibs. String a few wins together and we're gonna win the league, a few defeats and we're gonna be relegated. That's the way it seems to go with some folk on here.:hnet:

Think we're gonna win the league.

Fantic
27-01-2010, 11:26 PM

11 days ago.

Nothing against Alicky. but.... :faf::faf::faf::faf:

Judas Iscariot
27-01-2010, 11:29 PM
We are maybe no quite as good as some have had us cracked up tae be, but Garbage! I dinnae think so.

Cheerio now :bye:

Great post Jamie.. :top marks

Dinnae come running back on Saturday after tonights result :agree:

We need supporters that are in for the long haul :agree:

KWJ
27-01-2010, 11:38 PM
In stark contrast to the OP, since I moved from Edinburgh to the South Coast last year, I've become a bigger Hibs fan than I've ever been before and I was a season ticket holder for many a year when I lived in Auld Reekie. I've also become more balanced in my view of Hibs as well, I'm not as blinkered these days.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder et al I suppose. I would have killed to have been at the game today.

Woke up this morning and for some strange reason (I posted this on the PM board), I just had a feeling we would absolutely tonk Hamilton today, couldn't shake the feeling, I phoned my old man back home and he told me I was on drugs (as did Baw187 :greengrin ). Killed me that I had such a strong feeling about a convincing win yet I'm precisely 424 miles away with no hope of walking through the turnstiles to see them.

To all those local Hibbies who moan, whimper and complain, try being away from the club you love and then evaluate your outlook on all things green and white.

If you've got the money and the time, get along to as many games as you possibly can, I sure wish I sacrificed some of my Friday nights out and kept 30 notes in my wallet to visit ER when I lived nearby, win, lose or draw.

here here. Absence making the heart grow fonder so true too. Brilliant feeling of pride and home when I read up or better watch the cabbage. Everyone here takes the piss as they've barely heard of us. They are learning and they'll hear all about it in work today!

jakedance
27-01-2010, 11:45 PM

I almost feel sorry for you dude. This thread has impeccable comic timing. You probably feel a bit of a daftie now.

Haste ye back now, but bring with you a healthier, more positive, outlook on life. Chin up.

Alicky Ranks
20-02-2010, 06:32 PM
I was happy to hold my hands up after the loss at Tannadice and admit I was maybe too harsh on Hibs given the way they bounced back. However, while it would be wrong of me to give an accurate opinion on games I haven't attended, it's surely true to say that the last three results are NOT what a GOOD side would achieve. To those who are able to get to the games on a regular basis I ask, are we now being shown up as distinctly average?

bawheid
20-02-2010, 06:40 PM
I was happy to hold my hands up after the loss at Tannadice and admit I was maybe too harsh on Hibs given the way they bounced back. However, while it would be wrong of me to give an accurate opinion on games I haven't attended, it's surely true to say that the last three results are NOT what a GOOD side would achieve. To those who are able to get to the games on a regular basis I ask, are we now being shown up as distinctly average?

:troll:

hibs0666
20-02-2010, 06:41 PM

You must have been broken-hearted when we won at Parkhead. :bye:

Hibercelona
20-02-2010, 06:49 PM
I was happy to hold my hands up after the loss at Tannadice and admit I was maybe too harsh on Hibs given the way they bounced back.

Actually, you were more than happy to stick your head firmly in the sand when Hibs started picking up results again.

However, while it would be wrong of me to give an accurate opinion on games I haven't attended, it's surely true to say that the last three results are NOT what a GOOD side would achieve.

Totally agree. So quit trying to.

To those who are able to get to the games on a regular basis I ask, are we now being shown up as distinctly average?

No. We've been shown that every team hits a low patch in a season and it just happens to be our turn.

KWJ
20-02-2010, 07:18 PM
i'd just like to tell the OP to foff.

thanks.

brydekirk
20-02-2010, 07:30 PM

see yi in another 2 years :bye:

Ari Gold
21-02-2010, 02:28 AM

Balloon.

lEXO
21-02-2010, 02:50 AM

1 game in 2 years and you post this.It is bad enough reading some of the negative posts we get after we win never mind this ****.Only time will tell if we do keep going backwards, but i for one are as relieved as you that you are going a few thousand miles between you and Hibs.Our team is a work in progress, and we are in february now.The first time we have lost three games on the bounce,third in the league and the quarters of the cup
Not so much a knee jerk reaction, more like a knee capping.This is a testing time for us, no doubt.But not long ago a lot of people were telling us we could take on the bigot bros.Now we are meant to be crap.One extreme or the other.we are somewhere inbetween.If we do make the cup final will you come over, or stay a happy thousand or so miles away?:bye:

Bad Martini
21-02-2010, 07:59 PM

Well ye see now, thats the annoying thing with Hibs and if you are as long in the tooth as you say you are, you will surely know this ? :confused:

How many times over the years have Hibs ****ed it up when winning was easier? As for the joyous time when you refer to (under the blessed Tony Mowbray when it was all sweetness and light, great goals yadda yadda) - did you attend the triumphant match against Livingston when we COULD have done it? Nope.

There are many other occassions of such glorious ****ed up failure but I aint aboot to sit here and relay them for all passing yams and huns to lap up.

The fact is, its the same sheite team to which you refer who have, by luck or otherwise, beaten celtc and been unfortunate against a few other teams but ultimately, still in the Scottish and still 3rd. Canny be that sheite now can we?

Anyways, next time yer passin...just pass. :bye:

ENDOF

Pedantic_Hibee
21-02-2010, 08:11 PM
Even if he was freezin' cauld, I still wouldnae give him the steam off ma p1sh.